Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > David Icke: Research & Media > Human Race Get Off Your Knees

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 10:45 PM   #41
asleepawake
Inactive

Op If you got time to sit and make a thread about questioning the price about a book, then you've got the money. Stop being a tightass lol
Old 06-07-2010, 10:54 PM   #42
passing
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleepawake View Post
Op If you got time to sit and make a thread about questioning the price about a book, then you've got the money. Stop being a tightass lol
Shit, do we get paid?
Old 06-07-2010, 10:59 PM   #43
asleepawake
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by passing View Post
Shit, do we get paid?
Not quite following ya there.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:07 PM   #44
i_am

Quote:
Originally Posted by seercirra View Post
i think £14.50 is reasonable for a 700 page book. obviously the contents are an important factor in the price, whether its original data or reworded cut and paste would effect the value greatly but if you give david the benefit of the doubt then 14.50 is ok. £27 is not okay, however he can excuse himself because all retailers charge more from their own site. if they had the lowest prices at their own site then resellers like WHsmiths would not be interested and his book would never hit the mainstream.

have you heard any news stories about david giving to charity? does he mention it? it would seem he can certainly afford to be more generous. atleast, his rant a few months ago about how few people are paying for his newsletters seems a little misplaced.
His rant a' few months ago' was from 4 years ago actually. It just keeps getting dug up whenever the site goes down.

People who give to others don't always feel the need to advertise the fact. It is not about glorifying oneself, is it?
Old 06-07-2010, 11:08 PM   #45
pinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinwo View Post
What about the library
libary dont have his books
Old 06-07-2010, 11:09 PM   #46
pinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by camreeno View Post
Well it's 700 pages long so what did you expect? It's well worth it when you consider how many pages you get for the money... Plus, can you really put a price on figuring out the truth to so much useful information? I mean, wouldn't 10 extra pounds (or however many dollars that is) be completely outweighed by understanding all the things he talks about in the book which will make you know the world that much more clearly?

What else are you going to do with your money?
if he wanted to reach the masses, the cheaper the better?
Old 06-07-2010, 11:12 PM   #47
pinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by starshine View Post
This is a typical Icke deractor post.
His (Icke's) deractors first moaned about the cost of the newsletter and now they moan at the cost of his books. Hey Pinder, how much is 80 cigerettes? How much is the bottles of Booze and how much is going to the cinema or some place.
Idiotos, remember this right away that Icke has self published his book and he needs a little extra money. And what the hell is it with you if it were expensive or not, he does not unfortunately send out a book ever year now does he?
i dont smoke, dont get angry or act big online "idoits" cause your proberly a lil ruddy poo with a picture of a cat as ya profile, all im saying if he wanted to reach the masses he would charge less, do you think a person who knows little about icke is willing to pay 20 quid just like that?
Old 06-07-2010, 11:13 PM   #48
i_am

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinder View Post
libary dont have his books
Find another library. Ask them to get it in.

My library has all of his books.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:15 PM   #49
passing
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleepawake View Post
Not quite following ya there.
Sorry, joke FAIL
Old 06-07-2010, 11:17 PM   #50
pinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by marpat View Post
Depends on a persons income. What if they need every penny just to live? years ago me and my wife used to survive on £10-15 a week food money.

Considering most of the information is probably on the internet then it is probably more of a luxury for some people than a necessity
thats what im saying, is person on benefits gonna be able to afford it? so to find out the truth it shouldnt be 20 quid
Old 06-07-2010, 11:20 PM   #51
pinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am View Post
Find another library. Ask them to get it in.

My library has all of his books.
radicall books?
Old 06-07-2010, 11:22 PM   #52
merlincove
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
thats what im saying, is person on benefits gonna be able to afford it? so to find out the truth it shouldnt be 20 quid
i often lend my books to people who can't afford to buy them.

i've even given a few away.

libraries will often get a book if you ask them to order it in.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:23 PM   #53
montag
Inactive

Quote:
radicall books?
Most libraries will order a book in if you request it, even David's..
Old 06-07-2010, 11:24 PM   #54
i_am

Quote:
radicall books?

Sorry

I said my library has all of David's books. If you consider them to be radical, then, yeah
Old 07-07-2010, 10:04 AM   #55
pinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am View Post
Sorry

I said my library has all of David's books. If you consider them to be radical, then, yeah
no i dont consider it to be radical, but i went to a libary recently and they had literally non of the books we requested becuase of the nature of the books, i think they were removed?
Old 07-07-2010, 02:05 PM   #56
anath
Banned

In a word yes.

Icke makes his living out of the 'truth' so can't just give the information out for nothing - but the high price of the item does exclude some people from being able to purchase it.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:06 PM   #57
starshine
Banned

Hey Pinder, you can abuse my lovely cat and myself as much as you like cos you are behind a computer screen anyway.
So you moan about the cost of a Well Worth it £20 book then and you moan about being on benefits, well go find a job and make sure you go to a BOOK library instead of a video library in future.
This folks is typical Icke bash post basically and these folks will even want Icke to give them the shirt on his back and his property.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:12 PM   #58
starshine
Banned

I was introduced by the wonderful literature of David Icke from a book I loaned out from the library, you PIndar is just piss taking and basically jealous cos nothing you have to say is of value whatsoever.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:26 PM   #59
dogsmilk
Banned

Quote:
no i dont consider it to be radical, but i went to a libary recently and they had literally non of the books we requested becuase of the nature of the books, i think they were removed?
Why would a library remove a book because of its "nature"? If that were the case, why would they put it on their shelves in the first place?
Books are removed from shelves because
a/Libraries regularly change their stock and flog books/CDs/DVDs at bargain basement prices in book sales.
b/People fail to return them after borrowing them.

Inter-loans from other libraries are easily accessed for a small charge, the size of which is dependent on how heavily the expense is subsidised locally. This means you can easily access library stock from across the country. A search of the catalogues of just two major cities shows more than adequate representation of Icke's books:

https://librarycatalogue.manchester....8&searchTerm2=
http://libcat.bham.org.uk/cgi-bin/vp...o_of_results=9

The new one will likely take some time to filter into library catalogues.

Libraries will even consider suggestions of books they should purchase, though there is no guarantee they will choose to do so. If people do not wish to pay the rather steep price for the new Icke book they should request it at their library. If libraries perceive a book will be popular - like getting multiple requests for it - they will likely purchase a copy.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:36 PM   #60
_tzupidity
Banned

I don't see the point in arguing about the cost of Icke's latest book. Some books cost less, some cost more. If you want to talk about value, then there's something to talk about.

From the interviews I've listened to and watched, I have learnt the following things about this book from Icke himself.

1. The first half of the book, again, is a re-cap of all the other books.

2. The whole moon idea just came in to his head one day. "I just had this sudden knowing so went in[sic] the internet".

3. The main book Icke takes things from Who Built The Moon, completely disagrees with Icke. He just took the bits he liked and ignored the rest. See my thread on that book if you want more info.

4. Icke claims it's the most pivotal world shattering book (he says that every time) yet it's not even in bookshops.

That's just four discussion worthy topics right there, so why quabble over price?
Closed Thread