Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Entertainment Industry

Old 12-06-2018, 10:11 AM   #1
techman

Default My Generation

I checked out a Michael Cain documentary called "My Generation" in which Cain retales the viewer the old days when growing up and living in London during the "swinging" sixties. Only watched a few minutes so far but as usual characters popp up talking about their experiences and life, McCartney, Mary Quant, Marianne Faithful, David Bailey, Twiggy, tyou know the usual people that are often credited as being a major part of the 1960s, as well as London itself. Whenever the 1960s is brought up and the term "working class" referred to, only London is ever mentioned. Its as if every other town and city in the UK and the working class people that live there never existed and werent a part of the 1960s culture, or rather for the latter half of the 60s was more of a counter culture with Tavistock et al pushing the LSD and hippie movement and all the shady connections alot of the famous muscians and personalities had during that period.

Last edited by techman; 12-06-2018 at 10:17 AM.
techman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 10:24 AM   #2
white light

Quote:
Originally Posted by techman View Post
I checked out a Michael Cain documentary called "My Generation" in which Cain retales the viewer the old days when growing up and living in London during the "swinging" sixties. Only watched a few minutes so far but as usual characters popp up talking about their experiences and life, McCartney, Mary Quant, Marianne Faithful, David Bailey, Twiggy, tyou know the usual people that are often credited as being a major part of the 1960s, as well as London itself. Whenever the 1960s is brought up and the term "working class" referred to, only London is ever mentioned. Its as if every other town and city in the UK and the working class people that live there never existed and werent a part of the 1960s culture, or rather for the latter half of the 60s was more of a counter culture with Tavistock et al pushing the LSD and hippie movement and all the shady connections alot of the famous muscians and personalities had during that period.
McCartney is "famously" a scouser.

Swinging London was a hub though. London has always been a hub. If artistic people aren't born there they often gravitate toward London.

Also there's plenty of those 60's gritty kitchen sink dramas set elsewhere from London. I could name half a dozen or so off hand.

Last edited by white light; 12-06-2018 at 10:29 AM.
white light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2018, 06:46 PM   #3
sparkplug

Quote:
Originally Posted by techman View Post
I watched it a few weeks ago and said to my other half about it all being about London and nothing about the rest of the country. Not a peep.

Michael Caine came accross as quite a decent bloke, never met him but he seems very down to earth.
sparkplug is offline   Reply With Quote