Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Entertainment Industry

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 21-02-2014, 07:44 PM   #1
jack tripper
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,285
Likes: 14 (9 Posts)
Default Rooney handed new £300,000 a week contract

Quote:
Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney has agreed a new five-and-a-half-year contract worth up to £300,000 a week.

The 28-year-old England international will extend his current contract by four years, tying him to the club until June 2019.

His old deal, which would have expired next year, paid up to £250,000 a week.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26287482

Rooney wasn't content with the 250 grand a week he was already getting.

See this is why it makes no sense for people to idolize these footballers like they are their own father. In the area Rooney grew up in David Cameron has killed many through his welfare cuts and there are people reliant on food banks to survive, but Rooney and his wife don't care.

There is a good quote from the film A Bronx Tale that comes to mind: 'See if your father can't pay the rent, go ask Wayne Rooney see what he tells you'.

Why are grown men in tears and brawls over these guys?
jack tripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2014, 07:47 PM   #2
tomereader
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: The voice of raisin in currant affairs
Posts: 2,272
Likes: 4 (4 Posts)
Default

Another example of truly repulsive greed as a barely-literate troglodyte is fawned on and given power by a degenerate society addicted to entertainment.

I don't mind him being rich. I do mind him wanting to be rich and being given such an enormous amount of power despite being a grunt.

Last edited by tomereader; 21-02-2014 at 07:52 PM.
tomereader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2014, 07:58 PM   #3
itsallundercontrol
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Light
Posts: 1,872
Likes: 870 (546 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack tripper View Post
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26287482

Rooney wasn't content with the 250 grand a week he was already getting.

See this is why it makes no sense for people to idolize these footballers like they are their own father. In the area Rooney grew up in David Cameron has killed many through his welfare cuts and there are people reliant on food banks to survive, but Rooney and his wife don't care.

There is a good quote from the film A Bronx Tale that comes to mind: 'See if your father can't pay the rent, go ask Wayne Rooney see what he tells you'.

Why are grown men in tears and brawls over these guys?
Why is it always Manchester United players you target in these threads?
It was Rio Ferdinand last time............
Maybe you're more 'into it' than you let on

Just ignore it, footballers get paid too much along with lots of other people so what. Just get on with life
itsallundercontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2014, 10:48 PM   #4
soleil
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,991
Likes: 3 (3 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsallundercontrol View Post
Why is it always Manchester United players you target in these threads?
It was Rio Ferdinand last time............
Maybe you're more 'into it' than you let on

Just ignore it, footballers get paid too much along with lots of other people so what. Just get on with life
Have you any concept what these figures mean?

By the end of New Year's Day, he has earned more than a productive professional man earns in a year.

Something is very wrong.
soleil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2014, 11:02 PM   #5
maxine
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 13,158
Likes: 23 (18 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack tripper View Post
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26287482

Rooney wasn't content with the 250 grand a week he was already getting.

See this is why it makes no sense for people to idolize these footballers like they are their own father. In the area Rooney grew up in David Cameron has killed many through his welfare cuts and there are people reliant on food banks to survive, but Rooney and his wife don't care.

There is a good quote from the film A Bronx Tale that comes to mind: 'See if your father can't pay the rent, go ask Wayne Rooney see what he tells you'.

Why are grown men in tears and brawls over these guys?
More money, than sense!!
__________________
"Justice should be harsh.......but especially for those who've denied it to others!"
maxine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2014, 11:31 PM   #6
itsallundercontrol
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Light
Posts: 1,872
Likes: 870 (546 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soleil View Post
Have you any concept what these figures mean?

By the end of New Year's Day, he has earned more than a productive professional man earns in a year.

Something is very wrong.
Erm do you?
What about Steven gerrard or drogba or ronaldo or messi or kaka or torres or toure or aguero?
What's your point? Why focus on Rooney?
Are you going to do something about it?
I'm not I'm living my own life and am not going to waste time bitching and moaning about people who earn more money than me.

Theres far worse people earning lot's more money doing worse things than being overpaid to play sport.
Take it to the sun or the daily mirror or some other bullshit mainstream media they love all this kind of talk there
itsallundercontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2014, 11:41 PM   #7
lcp.
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 7,772
Likes: 13 (12 Posts)
Default

Why shouldn't a bloke born in a council house be allowed to earn big money?
Why be dickheads about it?
Good luck to him.
lcp. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2014, 11:20 AM   #8
jack tripper
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,285
Likes: 14 (9 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leather clad prowler View Post
Why shouldn't a bloke born in a council house be allowed to earn big money?
Why be dickheads about it?
Good luck to him.






Why should he be excused from his rampant greed just because he was born in a council house? If this was Lord Freud getting a hyoooge bumper pay rise you might want to lynch him.

In fact Rooney being born in a council estate is what makes his greed more repugnant. I have lived in the inner city all my life and could never imagine myself holding a club to ransom for an extra £50,000 while people in my community starve. Perhaps Rooney and Coleen could pay some residents of Croxteth bedroom tax?
jack tripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2014, 11:35 AM   #9
platyphylla
Inactive
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,246
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

OP is just jealous.

Rooney has zero responsibility to the people he grew up around. I grew up in a poor area and most of the people were ignorant pieces of shit. If i got loads of money i wouldn't help them.

He also has zero responsibility to help someone sleeping in a doorway. Why don't you go help them?

Who cares how much money he earns? He's in a job where they earn big money, get over it.
platyphylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2014, 11:38 AM   #10
platyphylla
Inactive
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,246
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack tripper View Post

In fact Rooney being born in a council estate is what makes his greed more repugnant. I have lived in the inner city all my life and could never imagine myself holding a club to ransom for an extra £50,000 while people in my community starve. Perhaps Rooney and Coleen could pay some residents of Croxteth bedroom tax?
Yes because that's what's wrong with the world, not enough people wiping other people's arses.
platyphylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2014, 11:40 AM   #11
lcp.
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 7,772
Likes: 13 (12 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack tripper View Post






Why should he be excused from his rampant greed just because he was born in a council house? If this was Lord Freud getting a hyoooge bumper pay rise you might want to lynch him.

In fact Rooney being born in a council estate is what makes his greed more repugnant. I have lived in the inner city all my life and could never imagine myself holding a club to ransom for an extra £50,000 while people in my community starve. Perhaps Rooney and Coleen could pay some residents of Croxteth bedroom tax?

What kind of idiot doesn't try to better themselves?
lcp. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2014, 12:41 PM   #12
dystopian_future
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,436
Likes: 6 (4 Posts)
Default

Market forces. If Man Utd don't give him what teams like PSG, Monaco or Shakhtar are prepared to offer then he moves on and they have to try to find a replacement which will cost them even more money. And £300k a week is about the going rate for top footballers at the minute, so it isn't as if Rooney is trying to raise the bar here himself. I think Ronaldo signed a £500k a week deal recently - although he and Messi are a level above Rooney.

It's an obscene amount of money but that's hardly the player's personal fault. Our entire capitalist society encourages runaway trains such as this market to determine the value of each industry and football is a plaything for rich businessmen at the minute. Well...it always has been really.
__________________
- Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men. ~ Lord Acton.

Last edited by dystopian_future; 22-02-2014 at 12:46 PM.
dystopian_future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2014, 01:25 PM   #13
jack tripper
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,285
Likes: 14 (9 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by platyphylla View Post
OP is just jealous.

Rooney has zero responsibility to the people he grew up around. I grew up in a poor area and most of the people were ignorant pieces of shit. If i got loads of money i wouldn't help them.

He also has zero responsibility to help someone sleeping in a doorway. Why don't you go help them?

Who cares how much money he earns? He's in a job where they earn big money, get over it.
I do help them when I can, but I don't have money. Someone like Rooney is sitting on millions for kicking a ball around a field when there are people that are freezing to death on the streets. Rooney is all too happy to sell his rags to riches tales to the media. He is profiting off the area he grew up in when he does that so why doesn't he give something back.

Who cares how much money Eric Pickles or David Cameron earn then? Plenty of people here will readily string them up over a pay rise.
jack tripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2014, 01:30 PM   #14
platyphylla
Inactive
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,246
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack tripper View Post
I do help them when I can, but I don't have money. Someone like Rooney is sitting on millions for kicking a ball around a field when there are people that are freezing to death on the streets. Rooney is all too happy to sell his rags to riches tales to the media. He is profiting off the area he grew up in when he does that so why doesn't he give something back.

Who cares how much money Eric Pickles or David Cameron earn then? Plenty of people here will readily string them up over a pay rise.
Rooney isn't stealing money from the poor, there's a big difference between him and politicians.

Why are people always hung up on this 'he earns X for doing X'? Enough people think what he does is worth paying for, that's why he's rich. If no-one were interested in 'people kicking a ball round a pitch' then he wouldn't be rich would he? He does a damn sight more for my life than some investment banker on more money than him.

Too much of this comparison culture and jealous arses nitpicking about other people's wealth. He's rich, deal with it, he has no responsbility to do anything for anyone else. If the people of Croxteth want to better their lives then they shouldn't need someone to swing by and pay all THEIR responsibilities for them.

Again, where does it stop? Should the person on £15k a year be paying the guy down the road's council tax because that guy's only on £8k a year? Get real.
platyphylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2014, 01:31 PM   #15
jack tripper
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,285
Likes: 14 (9 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dystopian_future View Post
Market forces. If Man Utd don't give him what teams like PSG, Monaco or Shakhtar are prepared to offer then he moves on and they have to try to find a replacement which will cost them even more money. And £300k a week is about the going rate for top footballers at the minute, so it isn't as if Rooney is trying to raise the bar here himself. I think Ronaldo signed a £500k a week deal recently - although he and Messi are a level above Rooney.

It's an obscene amount of money but that's hardly the player's personal fault. Our entire capitalist society encourages runaway trains such as this market to determine the value of each industry and football is a plaything for rich businessmen at the minute. Well...it always has been really.
But the player could easily say he would play for a lower wage. It's not like he NEEDS that extra 50 grand a week. So the clubs are to blame and market forces, but it's like the footballers themselves as human beings have no moral scruples.

How can you have people calling for the redistribution of wealth but then seeing no problem with what people like Rooney are doing. It makes no sense.

Is it only because Rooney looks rough and talks with a scouse accent that he is seen as still on our side, but an English banking fellow with a plumy accent is told to give up his bonus?
jack tripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2014, 01:37 PM   #16
lcp.
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 7,772
Likes: 13 (12 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack tripper View Post
I do help them when I can, but I don't have money. Someone like Rooney is sitting on millions for kicking a ball around a field when there are people that are freezing to death on the streets. Rooney is all too happy to sell his rags to riches tales to the media. He is profiting off the area he grew up in when he does that so why doesn't he give something back.

Who cares how much money Eric Pickles or David Cameron earn then? Plenty of people here will readily string them up over a pay rise.
Even if Rooney gave away his personal wealth and worked for nothing there would still be starving, homeless people.
In fact Rooney would join them if you had your way.
Why add to the numbers?
You don't make any sense.
lcp. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2014, 01:41 PM   #17
jack tripper
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,285
Likes: 14 (9 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leather clad prowler View Post
Even if Rooney gave away his personal wealth and worked for nothing there would still be starving, homeless people.
In fact Rooney would join them if you had your way.
Why add to the numbers?
You don't make any sense.
The guy is earning millions for doing for something that millions of people around the world do as a hobby each day on a patch of grass. It's not exactly hard work. He doesn't have to do it for free but why should he be allowed to avoid criticism for demanding MORE money to do it? It's like if politicians and musicians DEMAND higher pay rises they are called every epithet under the sun, but just because loads of us like to watch football and get up in arms about it these guys are excused.

The politicians and bankers would say that they worked hard and deserve their bonuses too so why don't you allow them their big salaries?
jack tripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2014, 01:42 PM   #18
platyphylla
Inactive
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,246
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack tripper View Post
But the player could easily say he would play for a lower wage. It's not like he NEEDS that extra 50 grand a week. So the clubs are to blame and market forces, but it's like the footballers themselves as human beings have no moral scruples.

How can you have people calling for the redistribution of wealth but then seeing no problem with what people like Rooney are doing. It makes no sense.

Is it only because Rooney looks rough and talks with a scouse accent that he is seen as still on our side, but an English banking fellow with a plumy accent is told to give up his bonus?
Again, banks paying bonuses out of our money isn't the same thing as Rooney upping his salary with a company that he works for. People CHOOSE to pay money to Manchester United through merchandise and attending games, and the amount of fans we have as a club means we're the biggest commercial brand in world football, and we have the most fans, by FAR.

Totally different to banking and politics, stop trying to draw the comparisons.
platyphylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2014, 01:44 PM   #19
platyphylla
Inactive
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,246
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack tripper View Post
The guy is earning millions for doing for something that millions of people around the world do as a hobby each day on a patch of grass. It's not exactly hard work. He doesn't have to do it for free but why should he be allowed to avoid criticism for demanding MORE money to do it? It's like if politicians and musicians DEMAND higher pay rises they are called every epithet under the sun, but just because loads of us like to watch football and get up in arms about it these guys are excused.

The politicians and bankers would say that they worked hard and deserve their bonuses too so why don't you allow them their big salaries?
Also, he didn't DEMAND anything. His contract was running down and in football, once a player has one season left their value drops.

WE decided to OFFER him the contract to keep him because Moyes loves him. If Fergie were still in charge he'd not be on that money and would have been sold in the summer.

We also now hold all the cards if he does decide to leave, because massive contract = bigger fee if someone like Chelsea decide to come in for him.

Please do some more research on the issue before claiming false things.
platyphylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2014, 01:48 PM   #20
jack tripper
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,285
Likes: 14 (9 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by platyphylla View Post

Again, where does it stop? Should the person on £15k a year be paying the guy down the road's council tax because that guy's only on £8k a year? Get real.
No because none of them are pocketing 300k a week!! How much money does Rooney really need. Him and his family are already set for life three times over, yet still he needs more in order to feel 'appreciated'.

And what about the players coming to the end of their contracts who are not in high demand anymore like Ashley Cole? Now when this guys contract finishes at the end of the season, wouldn't it just be a wee bit nice for him to say, I've earned more money than I ever expected, I'm set for life, I'll play for my next club, a smaller club for 3k a week, or give half his salary to impoverished youth clubs to build music studios? Of course he won't do that because most these footballers have no moral scruples.
jack tripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:15 PM.


Shoutbox provided by vBShout (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.