Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Recommended Reading, Viewing and Audio

Old 30-11-2007, 10:09 AM   #161
hagbard_celine

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunyatta60 View Post
Hi Nuit
I think I read somewhere that he was mixed up with the illuminatie I used to subscribe to a mag called The X Factor they were similar to Nexus and they did an interesting interview with him.
Anyway are u now fully recovered from your accident, I hope you are well on the road to recovery because we are living in exciting times and like Chopra said recently on his blog if we are the generation that is to witness the end of the universe then we are indeed the most fortunate
Yeah, I remember that magazine. It only ran for a few months about 15 years ago, but it was very good. It was TV advertized and I got it from my local newsagent. It introduced conspiracy theories in a very simple way to people new to the subject. It was far less extensive than Nexus, but it made Nexus easier to get into when i started reading it a few years alter.

"Because he refused to compete in games for domination he was indomitable."
from The Dispossessed by Ursula le Guin
hagbard_celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2007, 12:12 PM   #162
nuit
Banned

Quote:
Hi Nuit

Anyway are u now fully recovered from your accident, I hope you are well on the road to recovery because we are living in exciting times and like Chopra said recently on his blog if we are the generation that is to witness the end of the universe then we are indeed the most fortunate
hi sunyatta
Thank you for your well wishes, i still find myself in incredible pain, but bieng home (well home as i can be, if you call staying with my sister and her husband home) is the best therapy as i can get.I will get there eventually, again thank you so much for your kind thoughts
nuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2007, 12:13 PM   #163
nuit
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagbard_celine View Post
His live lectures are an absolute joy to watch.
agreed very inciteful, and if you appreciate that kind of thing, enlightening also
Old 30-11-2007, 01:19 PM   #164
adimon

Quote:

Hi HC
The other week the missus dragged me around the shops and being a biblophile I always run off into the nearest bookshop he he he anyways I was in this shop surrounded by books I was looking for two in particular. Satanic Verses and Finnigan's Wake when I came across one by Robert Anton Wilson which he wrote in conjunction with Robert Shea and it is called The Illuminatus Triology. I remembered something you had posted about RAW and bought the book. It is now on my list of books to read I have a shelf full of them it is 800 plus pages and is a Sc-fi novel with plenty of Truth in it me thinks.
Good choices mate. You will have excellent fun with Illuminatus! Trilogy (the exclamation mark is essential!) and hard but infinitely rewarding work with Finnegan's Wake. Finnegan's Wake is by far the most incredible and experimental work of fiction ever written. Took me nearly ten years to read, mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagbard_celine View Post
It's easily the best novel I've ever read! Hope you enjoy it as much as i did.

You've no doubt noticed that my username is from that book.
Shit! There was me thinking you WERE R.A.W. !!! I feel deflated!
"A little boy went out to play. When he opened his door, he saw the world. As he passed through the doorway, he caused a reflection. Evil was born. Evil was born, and followed the boy.....A little girl went out to play. Lost in the marketplace, as if half-born. Then, not through the marketplace - you see that, don't you? - but through the alley behind the marketplace. This is the way to the palace. But it isn't something you remember."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inland_Empire_%28film%29
adimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2007, 01:20 PM   #165
adimon

``Very nice,'' I said. ``But why did you bring me up here?''
``It's time for you to see the fnords,'' he replied.
Then I woke up in bed and it was the next morning. I made breakfast in a pretty nasty mood, wondering if I'd seen the fnords, whatever the hell they were, in the hours he had blacked out, or if I would see them as soon as I went out into the street. I had some pretty gruesome ideas about them, I must admit. Creatures with three eyes and tentacles, survivors from Atlantis, who walked among us, invisible due to some form of mind shield, and did hideous work for the Illuminati. It was unnerving to contemplate, and I finally gave in to my fears and peeked out the window, thinking it might be better to see them from a distance first. Nothing. Just ordinary sleepy people, heading for their busses and subways. That calmed me a little, so I set out the toast and coffee and fetched the New York Times from the hallway. I turned the radio to WBAI and caught some good Vivaldi, sat down, grabbed a piece of toast and started skimming the first page.
Then I saw the fnords.
The feature story involved another of the endless squabbles between Russia and the U.S. in the UN General Assembly, and after each direct quote from the Russian delegate I read a quite distinct ``Fnord!'' The second lead was about a debate in congress on getting the troops out of costa Rica; every argument presented by Senator Bacon was followed by another ``Fnord!'' At the bottom of the page was a Times depth-type study of the growing pollution problem and the increasing use of gas masks among New Yorkers; the most distressing chemical facts were interpolated with more ``Fnords.''
Suddenly I saw Hagbard's eyes burning into me and heard his voice: ``Your heart will remain calm. Your adrenalin gland will remain calm. Calm, all-over calm. You will not panic. you will look at the fnord and see the it. You will not evade it or black it out. you will stay calm and face it.'' And further back, way back: my first-grade teacher writing FNORD on the blackboard, while a wheel with a spiral design turned and turned on his desk, turned and turned, and his voice droned on, IF YOU DON'T SEE THE FNORD IT CAN'T EAT YOU, DON'T SEE THE FNORD, DON'T SEE THE FNORD . . .
I looked back at the paper and still saw the fnords. This was one step beyond Pavlov, I realized. The first conditioned reflex was to experience the panic reaction (the activation syndrome, it's technically called) whenever encountering the word ``fnord.'' The second conditioned reflex was to black out what happened, including the word itself, and just to feel a general low-grade emergency without knowing why. And the third step, of course, was to attribute this anxiety to the news stories, which were bad enough in themselves anyway. Of course, the essence of control is fear. The fnords produced a whole population walking around in chronic low-grade emergency, tormented by ulcers, dizzy spells, nightmares, heart palpitations and all the other symptoms of too much adrenalin. All my left-wing arrogance and contempt for my countrymen melted, and I felt a genuine pity. No wonder the poor bastards believe anything they're told, walk through pollution and overcrowding without complaining, watch their son hauled off to endless wars and butchered, never protest, never fight back, never show much happiness or eroticism or curiosity or normal human emotion, live with perpetual tunnel vision, walk past a slum without seeing either the human misery it contains or the potential threat it poses to their security . . .
Then I got a hunch, and turned quickly to the advertisements. it was as I expected: no fnords. That was part of the gimmick, too: only in consumption, endless consumption, could they escape the amorphous threat of the invisible fnords. I kept thinking about it on my way to the office. If I pointed out a fnord to somebody who hadn't been deconditioned, as Hagbard deconditioned me, what would he or she say? They'd probably read the word before or after it. ``No this word,'' I'd say. And they would again read an adjacent word. But would their panic level rise as the threat came closer to consciousness? I preferred not to try the experiment; it might have ended with a psychotic fugue in the subject. The conditioning, after all, went back to grade school. No wonder we all hate those teachers so much: we have a dim, masked memory of what they've done to us in converting us into good and faithful servants for the Illuminati.
"A little boy went out to play. When he opened his door, he saw the world. As he passed through the doorway, he caused a reflection. Evil was born. Evil was born, and followed the boy.....A little girl went out to play. Lost in the marketplace, as if half-born. Then, not through the marketplace - you see that, don't you? - but through the alley behind the marketplace. This is the way to the palace. But it isn't something you remember."

Old 30-11-2007, 07:44 PM   #166
sunyatta60
Banned

HI HC
The X Factor ran for 3 years and I collected everyone of them I used to work with a former England football manager LOL and I wanted to show his team (at club level) what the mind was capable of. So I took in some of those mags where they had photo's of Suffis in trance with large bladed knives buried deep in the head. I showed the boss and he winced and said do your think you should show the boys. I said definately because it will give them that mental toughness that people from my sport have. I am an ex pro fighter but that is another story.
Nuit would do well to remember that all pain is in the mind, I know some people think that it is a glib thing to say but seriously if that were not true people who have had amputations would not experience pain in a limb that is no longer there.
Adi ex Squaddies like you and me often get sterotyped just like ex fighters I suppose. I have a very eceletic reading taste I suppose and my house is full of books. I have not read Illuminatius! Yet and I am speed reading through my books because I have books on the shelf that I bought 3 or 5 years ago that I am still waiting to get around to reading.
The current one in The name of the Rose is a novel set in the 14th century where a load of monks get bumped off in a monastry I suppose the author is doing a good job of exposing how bad the Catholic church really was and still is he makes numerous references to all the infighting and the disgraceful way people were branded heretics and murdered by the church.
I just love reading novels like that and novels like the ones that Crichton writes which are full of the wonders of science whilst attacking those mad scientists who are hell bent on serving their political masters.
sunyatta60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2007, 07:49 PM   #167
adimon

Quote:
Adi ex Squaddies like you and me often get sterotyped just like ex fighters I suppose. I have a very eceletic reading taste I suppose and my house is full of books. I have not read Illuminatius! Yet and I am speed reading through my books because I have books on the shelf that I bought 3 or 5 years ago that I am still waiting to get around to reading.
The current one in The name of the Rose is a novel set in the 14th century where a load of monks get bumped off in a monastry I suppose the author is doing a good job of exposing how bad the Catholic church really was and still is he makes numerous references to all the infighting and the disgraceful way people were branded heretics and murdered by the church.
I just love reading novels like that and novels like the ones that Crichton writes which are full of the wonders of science whilst attacking those mad scientists who are hell bent on serving their political masters.
I agree we get stereotyped - but what provoked you to say it?

I was a rupert anyway, not a squaddie, but I thank you for your sentiment anyway.

The Name of the Rose is another awesome book. I also love Crichton. I did enjoy watching JP, but would have liked to have seen a version a bit more faithful to the book, with all the chaos theory added!

Just wait til you get stuck into Finnegan's Wake mate, you'll love it!

Old 30-11-2007, 07:59 PM   #168
sunyatta60
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimon View Post
I agree we get stereotyped - but what provoked you to say it?

I was a rupert anyway, not a squaddie, but I thank you for your sentiment anyway.

The Name of the Rose is another awesome book. I also love Crichton. I did enjoy watching JP, but would have liked to have seen a version a bit more faithful to the book, with all the chaos theory added!

Just wait til you get stuck into Finnegan's Wake mate, you'll love it!
I just never got the impression that you was much of a reader

But seriously that is the public perception the boys in my old regiment not only read widely they are all now top selling authors, they do say we all have a book in us mine is a a best seller waiting to get out. It would read like a whose who of the famous, infamous etc LOL
I have been trying to track that book down in a charity shop but will probably get it from Amazon at Christmas. I am going to buy all my books from American Amazon this year because it will be a lot cheaper than the UK site and they told me I can do that.
I am working with children in some of the top public schools here in the south east I would hate to see any of them take a commision I wonder what you and others think.
Old 30-11-2007, 08:07 PM   #169
nuit
Banned

Quote:

But seriously that is the public perception the boys in my old regiment not only read widely they are all now top selling authors, they do say we all have a book in us mine is a a best seller waiting to get out. It would read like a whose who of the famous, infamous etc LOL
I have been trying to track that book down in a charity shop but will probably get it from Amazon at Christmas. I am going to buy all my books from American Amazon this year because it will be a lot cheaper than the UK site and they told me I can do that.
I am working with children in some of the top public schools here in the south east I would hate to see any of them take a commision I wonder what you and others think.

you need to get yourself to some book sales they are held in churches and villages halls all over the place, i have just been ripped off badly by a bookseller on amazon.com for a collection of books so i do not recommend them at present, although that is just me i guess a lot of people have been happy with the service off there. My grievance was that it was for an amount that was not to be laughed at and amazon are not interested in helping at all
Old 30-11-2007, 08:08 PM   #170
adimon

Quote:

LOL I've read probably on average 1 or 2 books a week since I was 4 or 5. I'd be happy to recommend some others if you'd like. Tell me what your interests are, I've read most kinds of stuff.

On the other subject, my view is that its really only worth taking a commission if you want Majority or above. It's not a fantastic career for 3-5 years. The better jobs come later. As you may agree with me, Captains are probably the moodiest bods around. They either know they're out soon and don't give a shit, or they're 'Army barmy' and want that crown on their shoulder like its oxygen.

Mind you, I know a fair few Colonels who are cool guys.

I still have utmost respect for the Army and many friends, both ruperts and toms, mainly teeth arms but some ICorps, Sigs, RLC etc

Old 30-11-2007, 10:05 PM   #171
klinker

Just finished reading the Biggest Secret again. I've normally got around six books on the go but my present regular read this week is The best democracy money can buy - Greg Palast.

Life itself is only a vision, a dream. Nothing exists but empty space and we are but a thought.
klinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 08:11 PM   #172
sunyatta60
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuit View Post
you need to get yourself to some book sales they are held in churches and villages halls all over the place, i have just been ripped off badly by a bookseller on amazon.com for a collection of books so i do not recommend them at present, although that is just me i guess a lot of people have been happy with the service off there. My grievance was that it was for an amount that was not to be laughed at and amazon are not interested in helping at all
Hi Nuit
I have not had any bad experience with Amazon and I once bought The Book of Enoch on e-bay for $12.50 and I was billed $1250 LOL
Luckily for me the seller was honest and refunded me the money the funny thing about that was she had my Wife's full name
I knew that in America you had the Village people but I never knew they had villages
Old 01-12-2007, 09:30 PM   #173
gorgeousbutterfly
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuit View Post
oh you judge so easily he was actually a highly intelligent man who excelled at many things

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showt...hlight=crowley

i wouldn't trust what you read from him at all. intelligent in a bad way.
gorgeousbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 11:01 AM   #174
hagbard_celine

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimon View Post

Shit! There was me thinking you WERE R.A.W. !!! I feel deflated!

By porterboy
(Picture by Dondaz)

There is a resemblance I suppose!

"Because he refused to compete in games for domination he was indomitable."
from The Dispossessed by Ursula le Guin
hagbard_celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 05:21 PM   #175
mister lister

mister lister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:34 PM   #176
freedomnonfighter

Now to read the new Icke book
freedomnonfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 09:28 PM   #177
thelyran

Default last book

Last book that I read...back in 2002....to assist me with my ordeal,was
"Battling Dark Forces",written back in 68-69....I love,as he wrote then....
"I believe,not in the distant future,that an extra-terrestrial race will seek dominion over the Earth,attracted by the human corruption...etc"
...I don't know,if he is saying they're already here but hiding in their closets....or they are coming.
Very few writers have ever displayed their interconnectedness with the truth...
Old 12-12-2007, 10:17 PM   #178
Banned

Iv just finished reading Vattican assasins 2nd edition, a great read , and infinitie love is the only truth every thing else is illusion for the 20th time

Currently reading Junky by william s. burroughs
91181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2007, 06:01 PM   #179
ichi wa zen
Inactive

I have just finished reading: Playboy 2007 Super Christmas Special.

No, really, last book ive read was The Atlantis Encyclopedia.
ichi wa zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2007, 06:22 PM   #180

Black Elk speaks very good historical account fromthe horses mouth or should that be buffalo
2013 is offline   Reply With Quote