Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Consciousness / Meditation / Spirituality

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2009, 02:08 PM   #1
lostinstrangeworld
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,718
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Default "Gurus" speak of things.....

So called Gurus and wise people like to speak of things they do not know such as the after life and God, but the irony is they are jabbering on about all this stuff while there while they are still in a physical body. Perhaps they just enjoy coming out with things that sound deep and mystical because people respect them for sounding clever.

Who really knows what happens after we die....unless one has traveled there and returned....and even then, the place they visited while out of body could be just the tip of the iceberg of all the dimensions/ worlds that there are.

'Gurus' talk of non-attachment and such, harping on about it day and night as if they really know, making plenty of money from the books they sell and classes they run.....and its fine for the busy person who doesn't have time to think and merely needs a little more peace in their life....but for me all it does is raise more questions...in fact I don't see what help there is in being told that life has no purpose, that its all just a dream and we have to find our way back to some indefinable blob of light (or whatever) somewhere.....that suffering is merely because we "fell" into material existence and will only cease when we learn to "let go" of it.......

What good can such "wisdom" bring the soul-sick individual searching for knowledge to ease existence a little....to make day to day life somehow easier to bear?

With the amount of struggles there are in the world, I think what we really want to know is that there is definitely a purpose to it all!


The point of this thread is, to make people think and question that which they read.

You do not need teachers to teach you, although by all means read things people have written when they felt inspired to do so....take that which resonates with your own heart and leave the rest (words can be misinterpreted).

The best place to find the answers is within....and preferably somewhere where you can sit and hear the birds and the wind blowing through the trees.

I think these new insights into science- physics- quantum physics- Nassim Haramein, etc....can also be of inspiration.....even if the left brain can't take it in....it triggers something in our right brain; the overall grasp of the bigger picture.


Sometimes the stuff we read from so called gurus which sounds clever (what comes to mind at the minute is a book called "I Hope You Die Soon" by Richard Sylvester......Such things may be no more than the ideas that have been pieced together by troubled minds who do not really know.


Then again, what do I know?

Are we here for a reason?

Do we suffer, live, create.....just for the sake of some wild "dream" from which we return?

lostinstrangeworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 02:09 PM   #2
lostinstrangeworld
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,718
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Default

My point is, we seem to take trust in things simply because the author has managed to get their words reproduced en mass in paper and ink....or because some besandled one spoke of them many years ago and enshrouded these teachings in mystery and placed them into scrolls by the moonlight to be hidden in caves and dwelling places of enchantment

But are these people any more than you and I...beings of flesh and blood and bone?

Ok, so they might be gifted with their charisma and way with words...but this is only because they have become good at it (a combination of practicing and also the stuff that can be accessed from one's dna...our genetic computer that we hand down to our children....which also comes from practice at the end of the day...and can be reprogrammed if we so chose). Bleh- long sentence!
All is consciousness!

I had more to add, but I've forgotten.
lostinstrangeworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 02:10 PM   #3
lostinstrangeworld
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,718
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Thumbs up Amazing Coast to Coast interview with Mellen Thoma

part 1


part 2



part 3



part 4



part 5



part 6



part 7



part 8



part 9



part 10



part 11



part 12

lostinstrangeworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 09:48 PM   #4
orbandsceptre27
Inactive
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ireland
Posts: 1,675
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Hey LSW - nice interview ,

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinstrangeworld View Post
What good can such "wisdom" bring the soul-sick individual searching for knowledge to ease existence a little....to make day to day life somehow easier to bear?

With the amount of struggles there are in the world, I think what we really want to know is that there is definitely a purpose to it all!
I notice you keep asking about what meaning/purpose there is to life.

part 4 - 8.08 mins in...


Quote:
- "That was one of the questions I asked on the other side and it may shock people, I literally asked... ok what`s the plan?... and the light just lovingly laughed and said - there is no plan, there never was. You were given this universe to make of it what you will... and what`s really important is not thinking what God wants you to do, you know, what the universe wants you to do ....

... the only meaning there is to life is the meaning you give to life."
This is what I`m continually saying, only I realise you don`t want to hear it at present. You may also disregard what this man is saying - it`s up to you. You can keep searching, pondering and looking, but I`ve no doubt someday you`ll realise you don`t have to look for anything. Everything is just as it should be and the power/purpose and meaning of your own life is in your hands.

I hope this is of some help - When you`re ready to see the truth in it you will. If you`re not ready, then you`ll keep looking. Eitherways things are as they should be.

Last edited by orbandsceptre27; 07-05-2009 at 09:49 PM.
orbandsceptre27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:34 AM   #5
tejas
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: I live everywhere and nowhere
Posts: 1,052
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Great thread LiSW, I feel exactly the same.

Mellen is great, and I love his material, but sometimes I get confused and disagree with his choice of words, maybe or maybe I just dont like what he says ! But Id rather have that, as the truth, then some mumbo-jumbo guru telling me shit that is just plain wrong.

When he says there is no meaning to the universe I find that kind of heart breaking, but yet at the same time he says 'We are literally God-exploring God, Which I find to be an INCREDIBLY meaningful and purposeful. I find that very beautiful, the idea of GOD exploring itself, and attempting to know itself, which is what mellen explains in his NDE story. So I don't understand how he can say that the universe is meaningless.
__________________
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

"Wisdom is knowing how little we know," - Socrates

He who knows both knowledge and action,
with action overcomes death and with
knowledge reaches immortality
tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 01:07 AM   #6
orbandsceptre27
Inactive
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ireland
Posts: 1,675
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas View Post
But Id rather have that, as the truth, then some mumbo-jumbo guru telling me shit that is just plain wrong.
It doesn`t matter who`s telling you "shit"... if it`s wrong, it`s not of much use to you... whether it be from an idiot guru or the blessed milk-man.

Quote:
When he says there is no meaning to the universe I find that kind of heart breaking...
Because you`re attached to mind.

Quote:
but yet at the same time he says 'We are literally God-exploring God, Which I find to be an INCREDIBLY meaningful and purposeful.
Again, because you`re attached to mind. You crave something "INCREDIBLY meaningful and purposeful," as you put it. The mind needs something to ponder.

Quote:
So I don't understand how he can say that the universe is meaningless.
.... And because you`re attached to mind.

Last edited by orbandsceptre27; 08-05-2009 at 01:14 AM.
orbandsceptre27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:42 AM   #7
lostinstrangeworld
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,718
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbandsceptre27 View Post
Everything is just as it should be and the power/purpose and meaning of your own life is in your hands.
Which is purpose.

Last edited by lostinstrangeworld; 08-05-2009 at 10:44 AM.
lostinstrangeworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:43 AM   #8
lostinstrangeworld
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,718
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Default

Also, when Mellon said "the physical life is where it's at"....or something along those lines...I found it heart warming.
lostinstrangeworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:44 PM   #9
orbandsceptre27
Inactive
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ireland
Posts: 1,675
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinstrangeworld View Post
Which is purpose.
What is your purpose?

No one will tell you, you decide.
orbandsceptre27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:56 PM   #10
haukipesukone
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ultima Thule
Posts: 6,556
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinstrangeworld View Post
So called Gurus and wise people like to speak of things they do not know such as the after life and God, but the irony is they are jabbering on about all this stuff while there while they are still in a physical body. Perhaps they just enjoy coming out with things that sound deep and mystical because people respect them for sounding clever.
That's very true. The sad part is it also applies to Icke. But I know he still shouldn't be compared to some random guru spouting far fetched pseudo-wisdoms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinstrangeworld View Post
The point of this thread is, to make people think and question that which they read.
Now is that so? Maybe I shouldn't trust what you write.


Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinstrangeworld View Post
You do not need teachers to teach you, although by all means read things people have written when they felt inspired to do so....take that which resonates with your own heart and leave the rest (words can be misinterpreted).

The best place to find the answers is within....and preferably somewhere where you can sit and hear the birds and the wind blowing through the trees.

The answers can only be found from within. In theory teachers can be useful, but tough luck finding any proper ones. If you do, maybe they can ease the discovery process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinstrangeworld View Post
I think these new insights into science- physics- quantum physics- Nassim Haramein, etc....can also be of inspiration.....even if the left brain can't take it in....it triggers something in our right brain; the overall grasp of the bigger picture.
Isn't that sort of contradictory? First you say we have to look within and not for teachers, but then you refer to Haramein and other "un-within" sources.

I hope all sorts of scientists were rediscovering long forgotten wisdoms, but there's also the possibility their spreading misinfo, intentionally or not.
__________________
"What lies within always has a form without and that which is without takes a shape within. Put another way, we sometimes say that which is visible must always have an invisible aspect, just as everything invisible must be represented by the visible."
- Oone the dreamthief

Peruse through Bad Poetry of Pain and Hurt
Or wrack your brain with Concordia ab Chao and Your Life is a Lie
haukipesukone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 01:19 PM   #11
lostinstrangeworld
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,718
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by haukipesukone View Post
Now is that so? Maybe I shouldn't trust what you write.


Quote:
The answers can only be found from within. In theory teachers can be useful, but tough luck finding any proper ones. If you do, maybe they can ease the discovery process.



Isn't that sort of contradictory? First you say we have to look within and not for teachers, but then you refer to Haramein and other "un-within" sources.

I hope all sorts of scientists were rediscovering long forgotten wisdoms, but there's also the possibility their spreading misinfo, intentionally or not.
Ok, I didn't word it very well.

Spiritual answers have to be found within.

When it comes to finding out who we are and our relationship with creation, answers can and should be sought without.
lostinstrangeworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:35 PM   #12
tejas
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: I live everywhere and nowhere
Posts: 1,052
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbandsceptre27 View Post
Again, because you`re attached to mind. You crave something "INCREDIBLY meaningful and purposeful," as you put it. The mind needs something to ponder.
All this ego-bashing is nonsense in my opinion. Yes you are meant to realise you infinity etc, transcend your ego.

I disagree, and from what Ive read of mellen so does he. I think he promotes having a healthyego other why would he say that you have to love your life? Isn't loving ones life egoicin nature.

This is huna practise, look at serge king, transcendent truth should be realised after you have fully healed your ego, have a postive outlook, getting rid of excess emotional garbage, and have a decent enough personal ego-personality to deal with any other stuff that may come up.

This is real wisdom, then once your in the place where you fully love your life and are happy - youll be free.

Yes the mind craves meaning, but what is wrong with that? The only meaning is the meaning to give to life says mellen, so why not make life meaningful? Isn't that a more pleasant experience?

Why are you here in the first place? You as a soul are obviously here to experience the mind, because quite frankly for some reason the 'void' of pure existence got boring, you wanted to experience things, so here you are. So don't give me all this, attached to mind stuff, you need to have a healthy mind in order to live and to existance, your ego is a great tool. Love thy ego.
__________________
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

"Wisdom is knowing how little we know," - Socrates

He who knows both knowledge and action,
with action overcomes death and with
knowledge reaches immortality
tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 07:51 PM   #13
lostinstrangeworld
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,718
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Thumbs up First class post




Last edited by lostinstrangeworld; 08-05-2009 at 07:51 PM.
lostinstrangeworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:08 PM   #14
orbandsceptre27
Inactive
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ireland
Posts: 1,675
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas View Post
I disagree, and from what Ive read of mellen so does he. I think he promotes having a healthyego
Tejas this is the crux of the problem, what exactly is a healthy ego?

The ego is a false premise to begin with. It is the you which has been constructed over time through detailing and experience. For most the world is viewed and analysed through this manifested false "me." How would you know who you were if it were not for the society you grew up in and the experiences you`ve had. The reality is, you wouldn`t.


Quote:
transcendent truth should be realised after you have fully healed your ego, have a postive outlook, getting rid of excess emotional garbage, and have a decent enough personal ego-personality to deal with any other stuff that may come up.
And plenty of stuff will come to replace the emotional garbage you`ve just disgarded once you`re operating out of ego.

Positivity and negativity are two sides of the one coin. When you allign yourself with one, you automatically attract the other. If you want to create something in your life then of course be positive, believe it will come about and take decisive action towards your goal. However your positives will draw negatives along the way, as will your negatives draw on positives.

Quote:
This is real wisdom, then once your in the place where you fully love your life and are happy - youll be free.
You are free... All you have is to realize this. When you say "love your life" however, you`re implying there are two. There is you, and this thing called your life. You`re one being, realize it.

Quote:
Yes the mind craves meaning, but what is wrong with that?
There`s nothing wrong with it if you wish to stay alligned to ego and remain in the illusion. Most people are thirsting to get out, even if they don`t yet know what they`re looking for. They`re already free but attachment to mind/thoughts/things/people and stuff, has confused them and most remain locked in this world of ego you mention.


Quote:
... so why not make life meaningful? Isn't that a more pleasant experience?
Again we`re back into the duality box; pleasant and unpleasant, healthy and unhealthy, big and small. If you wish to live like this, that`s fine.

Quote:
Why are you here in the first place?
I have no idea, does anyone?

Quote:
You as a soul are obviously here to experience the mind, because quite frankly for some reason the 'void' of pure existence got boring, you wanted to experience things, so here you are. So don't give me all this, attached to mind stuff, you need to have a healthy mind in order to live and to existance, your ego is a great tool. Love thy ego.
Do you really know what a soul is? I don`t know if I have a soul and I couldn`t care less.

You don`t need to have a healthy mind because there is no mind. If you want to see your ego as a tool, that`s fine. You`ll change your mind on that one some day.

Loving thy ego is loving something which is not real, Namaste.

Last edited by orbandsceptre27; 08-05-2009 at 09:09 PM.
orbandsceptre27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:13 PM   #15
lostinstrangeworld
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,718
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Default


lostinstrangeworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:43 PM.


Shoutbox provided by vBShout (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.