Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Consciousness / Meditation / Spirituality

Old 27-03-2018, 11:21 AM   #1
jake_ball

Default "Oneness" is bollocks

The concept of "oneness" (in the grand scheme of things) is feasible, I suppose.
But in the everyday reality of human life, "oneness" really has no place.

I think that each human is an individual (although it's a bit different for kids compared to adults cos kids need the guidance of the parents).

I think that the hive mind (I think that that is what they call it ?) (aka oneness ; the state) is a real danger for the individual AND for the many - The "individuals" and the "many" ARE ACTUALLY the SAME people!

But because "oneness" is romanticised to the point where we think that it will bring some sort of "utopia", we cannot seem to break out of that mindset, and therefore cannot live as an individual.

Living as an individual is nothing to worry about - It just means that you are ACTUALLY individually and internally strong, and NOT the imaginery thing of "externally strong" where you are looking OUTSIDE of yourself for strength and confidence FROM OTHERS.

I think that if kids were taught (especially by their parents) the truth about individuality (like I mentioned above), then the world's problems would be minimised.

We can all be individually strong, and still be able to interact with one another. That would be great!
No need for the IMAGINARY "oneness" where we are always looking for the cavalry to come and save us.

What do you think.
The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself. ||| The words that I type onto this forum are NOT my opinions, nor are they my beliefs, they are simply just words and letters on a screen ||| Any thread that I start is not really meant as a debate, it's really just a friendly discussion

Last edited by jake_ball; 27-03-2018 at 11:23 AM.
jake_ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2018, 11:32 AM   #2
iamawaveofthesea

Yeah we can perceive ourselves and others as expressions of the same source oneness but we still have to live out our lives in this reality

Even if you yourself live that way it doesn't mean that others will and they may behave in ways that are a direct threat to your existence

So i guess what we can do is be strong on our own two feet so that we are not taken advantage of while trying to live by the code of respecting the value of other peoples human life as a fellow expression of the ultimate source of all
Old 27-03-2018, 01:21 PM   #3
archimedes

Quote:
"Oneness" is bollocks
that's the division talking
archimedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2018, 01:25 PM   #4
jake_ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
that's the division talking
That's right
The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself. ||| The words that I type onto this forum are NOT my opinions, nor are they my beliefs, they are simply just words and letters on a screen ||| Any thread that I start is not really meant as a debate, it's really just a friendly discussion
Old 27-03-2018, 01:32 PM   #5
white light

I find oneness and individuality to be quite compatible.
white light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2018, 01:34 PM   #6
jake_ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by white light View Post
I find oneness and individuality to be quite compatible.
Individuality is compatible with MOST things
Old 27-03-2018, 01:38 PM   #7
white light

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake_ball View Post
Individuality is compatible with MOST things
What I mean is that in a state of realising oneness, one no longer has attachments to things one might previously have had. As such it could be said that the duality state of non oneness is less individual, 'cos folk have attachments to things that usually involve some kind of group think, whether that be political or tribal or whatever.
Old 27-03-2018, 01:43 PM   #8
jake_ball

Quote:
What I mean is that in a state of realising oneness, one no longer has attachments to things one might previously have had. As such it could be said that the duality state of non oneness is less individual, 'cos folk have attachments to things that usually involve some kind of group think, whether that be political or tribal or whatever.
In reality, we are all individuals, and we all interact with each other and some people mistake this for a concept called oness.

Last edited by jake_ball; 27-03-2018 at 01:45 PM.
Old 27-03-2018, 01:47 PM   #9
white light

Quote:
In reality, we are all individuals, and we all interact with each other and some people mistake this for a concept called oness.
It's most likely that many people mistake the concept of oneness for something it isn't, and oneness itself is oft mistaken for a concept.
Old 27-03-2018, 01:50 PM   #10
jake_ball

Quote:
It's most likely that many people mistake the concept of oneness for something it isn't, and oneness itself is oft mistaken for a concept.
But in reality we ARE separate from each other.

Please dont be tempted to reply by saying "but what IS reality ?"
Old 27-03-2018, 01:52 PM   #11
white light

Quote:
But in reality we ARE separate from each other.

Please dont be tempted to reply by saying "but what IS reality ?"
In truth we are not separate though.

To be honest, as a person I don't particularly like the perception of oneness and prefer to perceive separateness, but truth is truth.

Last edited by white light; 27-03-2018 at 01:55 PM.
Old 27-03-2018, 02:39 PM   #12
jake_ball

Quote:
In truth we are not separate though.

To be honest, as a person I don't particularly like the perception of oneness and prefer to perceive separateness, but truth is truth.

I know what yer mean, but the reality of life is totally different to the spiritual concept of "oneness". And I would say that humans are suffering terribly because they are not thinking clear - They imagine everything to be "one" and this creates a situation where we look OUTWARDS to the oneness/group/state to solve all of our INNER problems - The truth being, that one's inner problems cannot be solved by looking outside oneself to a imagined idea called "oneness".

The truth is that YOUR strength lies in YOU and only in YOU.

Last edited by jake_ball; 27-03-2018 at 02:40 PM.
Old 27-03-2018, 03:08 PM   #13
white light

Quote:
I know what yer mean, but the reality of life is totally different to the spiritual concept of "oneness". And I would say that humans are suffering terribly because they are not thinking clear - They imagine everything to be "one" and this creates a situation where we look OUTWARDS to the oneness/group/state to solve all of our INNER problems - The truth being, that one's inner problems cannot be solved by looking outside oneself to a imagined idea called "oneness".

The truth is that YOUR strength lies in YOU and only in YOU.
In actual oneness (i.e. not conceptual) there is no difference between the inner and the outer.
Old 27-03-2018, 03:17 PM   #14
jake_ball

Quote:
In actual oneness (i.e. not conceptual) there is no difference between the inner and the outer.
And in your life, that helps you, how ? In practice how does that concept work ?

Last edited by jake_ball; 27-03-2018 at 03:21 PM.
Old 27-03-2018, 03:31 PM   #15
white light

Quote:
And in your life, that helps you, how ? In practice how does that concept work ?
It's simply truth. Whether it helps me or not is irrelevant to truth. My life has certainly been changed by the realisation of it. I cannot say how it would be if that had not happened, 'cos it did happen.

One thing I can say is that I no longer suffer from constant anxiety like I did before.

I don't practice concepts.

Last edited by white light; 27-03-2018 at 03:39 PM.
Old 27-03-2018, 03:37 PM   #16
jake_ball

Quote:
It's simply truth. Whether it helps me or not is irrelevant to truth. My life has certainly been changed by the realisation of it. I cannot say how it would be if that had not happened, 'cos it did happen.

I don't practice concepts.
Well, I am suggesting that your belief in the concept of "oneness" has NOT helped you as much as you think that it has. Yes oneness makes you feel all warm and fuzzy, but when it comes to practicallity, it actually detracts from your ability to function as a powerful and strong individual.

Warm and fuzzy has it's place (definitely), but beyond that, one needs to get real. I may sound like I am trying to take the piss outta you and your concept, but the real reason that I started this thread was to try to help people realise how oneness does actually stop you from reaching your human potential.

I have believed in "oneness" in the past, and I still do like the concept, but I have realised that we TRULY are individuals, and this realisation (of individuallity) really does empower, and really is very practical in one's REAL life.

Last edited by jake_ball; 27-03-2018 at 03:39 PM.
Old 27-03-2018, 03:46 PM   #17
white light

Quote:
Well, I am suggesting that your belief in the concept of "oneness" has NOT helped you as much as you think that it has. Yes oneness makes you feel all warm and fuzzy, but when it comes to practicallity, it actually detracts from your ability to function as a powerful and strong individual.

Warm and fuzzy has it's place (definitely), but beyond that, one needs to get real. I may sound like I am trying to take the piss outta you and your concept, but the real reason that I started this thread was to try to help people realise how oneness does actually stop you from reaching your human potential.

I have believed in "oneness" in the past, and I still do like the concept, but I have realised that we TRULY are individuals, and this realisation (of individuallity) really does empower, and really is very practical in one's REAL life.
What you believe makes no difference to truth.

And I don't know why you think it's something warm and fuzzy. That at least shows that you don't know what you are talking about. To get to the realisation of oneness I went through the dark night of the soul, i.e. hell. Nearly cost me my mortal existence on several occasions. Getting through that is a relief, but not exactly what I would call warm and fuzzy. Anyhow, what's wrong with warm and fuzzy?

Last edited by white light; 27-03-2018 at 03:49 PM.
Old 27-03-2018, 03:51 PM   #18
jake_ball

Quote:
What you believe makes no difference to truth.

And I don't know why you think it's something warm and fuzzy. That at least shows that you don't know what you are talking about. To get to the realisation of oneness I went through the dark night of the soul, i.e. hell. Nearly cost me my mortal existence on several occasions. Getting through that is a relief, but not exactly what I would call warm and fuzzy. Anyhow, what's wrong with warm and fuzzy?

Read my post - I didnt say there was anything wrong with warm and fuzzy, just that it is very limiting when it comes to practicallity.
Old 27-03-2018, 03:56 PM   #19
white light

Quote:
Read my post - I didnt say there was anything wrong with warm and fuzzy, just that it is very limiting when it comes to practicallity.
I did read your post. You are critical of oneness which you equate to warm and fuzzy. I don't see oneness as warm and fuzzy, but I don't have much of a problem with either.

What would be the desired end result of your quest for practicality? Warm & fuzzy?

Last edited by white light; 27-03-2018 at 03:57 PM.
Old 27-03-2018, 03:58 PM   #20
jake_ball

Quote:
I did read your post. You are critical of oneness which you equate to warm and fuzzy. I don't see oneness as warm and fuzzy, but I don't have much of a problem with either.

What would be the end result of your quest for practicality? Warm & fuzzy?
Oneness is about warm and fuzzy. Practicallity is about being practical in our REAL life.