Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Consciousness / Meditation / Spirituality

Old 07-12-2014, 04:26 AM   #1
gheysun
Inactive

Question "Infinite Awareness" discussion.

So i heard David Icke talking about how we are all 'infinite awareness'. He explained how this awareness penetrates into everything including every person, every tree, every blade of grass. So i would like to start a discussion about why consciousness feels like you are only in control of your own physical human body and not in control of everything.

He also mentioned that most people's point of attention is locked into the five senses and maybe this has something to do with it?
gheysun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:28 AM   #2
dolores1

If you are really interested you have to watch and understand the entire series. It not only shows what David speaks about it explains how we were "disconnected"

Enjoy
D
The ‘you’ that exists beyond these stubborn entanglements is a silent, serene, being-ness; a free, wise and child-like ‘you’ that has always known the way to the secret garden, and that has always recognised the nature beings with whom we share this gracious planet.

Never have a battle of wits with an unarmed oponent!
dolores1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 11:00 AM   #3
gheysun
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolores1 View Post
If you are really interested you have to watch and understand the entire series. It not only shows what David speaks about it explains how we were "disconnected"

Enjoy
D
Watched the first part. I am finding it immensely helpful and almost entrancing. Thanks a bunch will watch the rest for sure!
Old 07-12-2014, 01:37 PM   #4
chuchichastli

Quote:
Originally Posted by gheysun View Post
So i heard David Icke talking about how we are all 'infinite awareness'. He explained how this awareness penetrates into everything including every person, every tree, every blade of grass. So i would like to start a discussion about why consciousness feels like you are only in control of your own physical human body and not in control of everything.

He also mentioned that most people's point of attention is locked into the five senses and maybe this has something to do with it?
Worth pointing out, I think, that when you say "consciousness feels like you are only in control of your own physical human body and not in control of everything", you are referring to a duality between which is a whole spectrum of potential conscious being.

Neither of the above-mentioned polarities is my own personal experience of consciousness at this point in time. Neither of those two polarities apply to 'me' - i.e. 'I' neither feel I am only in control of my own physical body, neither do 'I' feel in control of everything.

My take is that we, as points of consciousness, are in an evolutionary process of expansion - and as such, by degrees, we learn to experience being more than the ego construct demarcated by physical and psychological limitations referred to as 'I / me' (our ego construct) and realise our connectivity to all of creation.

The degree to which we real-ise this, is the degree to which we transcend our physical limitations.

Consciousness is every conceivable experience...and more

Last edited by chuchichastli; 07-12-2014 at 01:41 PM.
chuchichastli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 02:12 PM   #5
oppono astos

Infinite awareness is what the ancient Rishi's of India called Samadhi, and very few people on earth have ever experienced it in my opinion, as it's realisation involves the suspension of internal bodily organs, of heart and lungs.

John spoke of this in the bible when he said "I die daily"

It can be achieved through the practice of Kriya Yoga.

"Infinite Awareness" or Samadhi is beautifully illustrated in the poem by Yogananda....

Samadhi, by Paramahansa Yogananda

Vanished the veils of light and shade,
Lifted every vapor of sorrow,
Sailed away all dawns of fleeting joy,
Gone the dim sensory mirage.
Love, hate, health, disease, life, death:
Perished these false shadows on the screen of duality.
The storm of maya stilled
By magic wand of intuition deep.
But ever-present, all-flowing I, I, everywhere.
Planets, stars, stardust, earth,
Volcanic bursts of doomsday cataclysms,
Creation’s molding furnace,
Glaciers of silent X-rays, burning electron floods,
Thoughts of all men, past, present, to come,
Every blade of grass, myself, mankind,
Each particle of universal dust,
Anger, greed, good, bad, salvation, lust,
I swallowed, transmuted all
Into a vast ocean of blood of my own one Being.
Smoldering joy, oft-puffed by meditation
Blinding my tearful eyes,
Burst into immortal flames of bliss,
Consumed my tears, my frame, my all.
Thou art I, I am Thou,
Knowing, Knower, Known, as One!
Tranquilled, unbroken thrill, eternally living, ever-new peace.
Enjoyable beyond imagination of expectancy, samadhi bliss!
Not an unconscious state
Or mental chloroform without willful return,
Samadhi but extends my conscious realm
Beyond the limits of the mortal frame
To farthest boundary of eternity
Where I, the Cosmic Sea,
Watch the little ego floating in Me.
Mobile murmurs of atoms are heard,
The dark earth, mountains, vales, lo! molten liquid!
Flowing seas change into vapors of nebulae!
Aum blows upon vapors, opening wondrously their veils,
Oceans stand revealed, shining electrons,
Till, at the last sound of the cosmic drum,
Vanish the grosser lights into eternal rays
Of all-pervading bliss.
From joy I came, for joy I live, in sacred joy I melt.
Ocean of mind, I drink all creation’s waves.
Four veils of solid, liquid, vapor, light,
Lift aright.
I, in everything, enters the Great Myself.
Gone forever: fitful, flickering shadows of mortal memory;
Spotless is my mental sky, below, ahead, and high above;
Eternity and I, one united ray.
A tiny bubble of laughter, I
Am become the Sea of Mirth Itself.
Old 07-12-2014, 02:31 PM   #6
white light

The unconscious mind is a central hub containing the accumulated knowledge of the reality of all beings (all consciousness).

As we awake we get to know the unconscious mind, but everyone's experience (path) is different, the destination is the same. When we self realise we don't come to know everything (infinite consciousness), but come to know the heart of it (what's at the centre of reality), which is oneness.

That's why we are both oneness and separate.

That's my take on it anyways.

Added:

Duality (reality, the illusion, the dream) is made up of the dialogue between the mind and the unconscious mind. To be in the absolute pure awareness state (samadhi) is to be beyond duality, there is no illusory reality in this state, just pure awareness, however, whilst we are alive (in body and mind) we have a connection and a tie to the dream reality and after self realisation it's likely we go back into duality (like Neo at the end of the first Matrix film).

We cannot control everything because duality dictates separation of the conscious and unconscious mind. Self realisation will allow you quite a bit of control though. In non duality there is nothing to control as such.

P.S It's impossible to convey concepts that are beyond language using language, oh well.

Last edited by white light; 07-12-2014 at 02:59 PM.
white light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 04:32 PM   #7
oppono astos

The essence of Kriya Yoga (union through action)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OanRLgKiUV4
Old 07-12-2014, 05:33 PM   #8
white light

Quote:
Originally Posted by oppono astos View Post
The essence of Kriya Yoga (union through action)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OanRLgKiUV4
Nice words, but his wrestling analogy made me laugh. I paraphrase: "a wrestler will always fight a stronger wrestler". Hehe.
Old 10-12-2014, 08:23 AM   #9
gheysun
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by white light View Post
The unconscious mind is a central hub containing the accumulated knowledge of the reality of all beings (all consciousness).

As we awake we get to know the unconscious mind, but everyone's experience (path) is different, the destination is the same. When we self realise we don't come to know everything (infinite consciousness), but come to know the heart of it (what's at the centre of reality), which is oneness.

That's why we are both oneness and separate.

That's my take on it anyways.

Added:

Duality (reality, the illusion, the dream) is made up of the dialogue between the mind and the unconscious mind. To be in the absolute pure awareness state (samadhi) is to be beyond duality, there is no illusory reality in this state, just pure awareness, however, whilst we are alive (in body and mind) we have a connection and a tie to the dream reality and after self realisation it's likely we go back into duality (like Neo at the end of the first Matrix film).

We cannot control everything because duality dictates separation of the conscious and unconscious mind. Self realisation will allow you quite a bit of control though. In non duality there is nothing to control as such.

P.S It's impossible to convey concepts that are beyond language using language, oh well.

I really get you on the P.S part. Conveying certain experiences is near impossible using language as everyone has their own interpretation of what each word means to them. For example love. Love to me is a 'feeling' which overwhelms the body and fills it with euphoria. I have experienced this a number of times during some sort of meditation. But to others it may mean an entirely different thing. There may even be different types of love which are yet to be distinguished in human language.
Old 10-12-2014, 01:55 PM   #10
white light

Quote:
I really get you on the P.S part. Conveying certain experiences is near impossible using language as everyone has their own interpretation of what each word means to them. For example love. Love to me is a 'feeling' which overwhelms the body and fills it with euphoria. I have experienced this a number of times during some sort of meditation. But to others it may mean an entirely different thing. There may even be different types of love which are yet to be distinguished in human language.
Language is truly a magical thing. Is it possible to think without it?. It makes up a large part of our reality or at least our attributations of meaning and understanding to reality as well as giving us the ability to make stuff. It can fill our lives with meaning yet it can make us crazy if we're not careful.

I suppose everyone has a personal understanding of language, especially when it comes to spiritual stuff where you can't avoid the personal. I sometimes think it's a wonder that we can communicate at all.

I personally found that the possible variations of a personal language are infinite, afterall it is part of infinite consciousness and awareness. Accessing some deeper spiritual zones I found that deriving meaning via language became so infinite that I could no longer rely on it. Hehe.

Last edited by white light; 10-12-2014 at 01:59 PM.
Old 10-12-2014, 02:10 PM   #11
jake_ball

Quote:

Maybe we are only control of ourselves because that is the way of nature. In other words, if we were in control of EVERYTHING, then there would be no individual freedom. Therefore, a state of freedom, must be the natural state of things. Anyone who wishes harness freedom, is going against the law of the universe, and will have some major problems at some point ? And that is why, the ptb need our aquiescence in order to "control" us.

When I have time, I'm gonna watch that video that dolores1 posted
The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself. ||| The words that I type onto this forum are NOT my opinions, nor are they my beliefs, they are simply just words and letters on a screen ||| Any thread that I start is not really meant as a debate, it's really just a friendly discussion
jake_ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 01:23 AM   #12
artardfiesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolores1 View Post

Enjoy
D
I'm upto part 2. Does this get any better? So far nothing but new age bs and disinfo like we were created 6000 years ago

EDIT: gets into the good stuff at part 3

Last edited by artardfiesta; 12-12-2014 at 03:37 AM.
artardfiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2014, 06:21 AM   #13
gheysun
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake_ball View Post
Maybe we are only control of ourselves because that is the way of nature. In other words, if we were in control of EVERYTHING, then there would be no individual freedom. Therefore, a state of freedom, must be the natural state of things. Anyone who wishes harness freedom, is going against the law of the universe, and will have some major problems at some point ? And that is why, the ptb need our aquiescence in order to "control" us.

When I have time, I'm gonna watch that video that dolores1 posted
Good response. If we were in control of everything there would only be oneness and everything would be the same. I suppose the universe needs different points of attention in order to function the way it does. I feel we are constantly in every situation possible in our mind (whichever situation is happening in your mind is the one youre focused on aka daydreaming etc.) but in 'reality' are locked into the one that is happening now...
Old 18-12-2014, 12:11 PM   #14
opas23

Quote:
...you are only in control of your own physical human body and not in control of everything.
Maybe the subtle point that: there's no control over either, is included within this thread, or it's completely missed out.
How many of the ways (disciplines, exercises, practices) recommended as helpful, or even necessary, for the attainment of Satori are not in fact consequences of that state erroneously suggested as means? Wei Wu Wei
opas23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2014, 05:57 PM   #15
jake_ball

Quote:
Good response. If we were in control of everything there would only be oneness and everything would be the same. I suppose the universe needs different points of attention in order to function the way it does. I feel we are constantly in every situation possible in our mind (whichever situation is happening in your mind is the one youre focused on aka daydreaming etc.) but in 'reality' are locked into the one that is happening now...
Thanks gheysun I'm glad you understood what I was getting at in my post (i didnt word it very well).
The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself. ||| The words that I type onto this forum are NOT my opinions, nor are they my beliefs, they are simply just words and letters on a screen ||| Any thread that I start is not really meant as a debate, it's really just a friendly discussion
jake_ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2014, 07:37 PM   #16
verndewd
Banned

its called a soul, it haas its own independent perspectives , its like a baby that doesnt really realize whats creating it, most souls never get born into the awareness of its parent divine spirit, our own divine spirits . Being born into that awareness is what bhuddists call overcoming ego.
verndewd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2014, 07:34 AM   #17
pound