Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Consciousness / Meditation / Spirituality

Old 17-12-2010, 07:02 PM   #61
truthseeker1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by biblegirl View Post
I used to put garlic and onion in almost EVERYTHING I made, especially garlic. I love the taste of those oven roated cloves yum yum. Anyway when I decided to stop eating it for a month then resumed, I realized a few things.

1. onions seem to overwhelm your tear ducts and can make slicing them up quite miserable. Why? If onions are good for us, why should it have this effect, as if our body were trying to get poison out of its system?
They don't overwhlem the tear ducts, it happens when you cut the onion and the juice sprays into your eyes, you dont realise it but that is what has happened, citrus fruits have the same effect, it's just you never cut them up like onions so wouldn't experience , ever peeled an orange and got some in your eye? Same thing happens.

Quote:
2. cutting garlic or onions in the kitchen seems to contaminate EVERYTHING smell-wise. Can't get the smell out of my fingers, or the cutting board, or the countertop where a piece fell, or the washcloth that I used to clean the countertop afterward. The only way that smell seemed to truly go away is after mulitiple washings. I almost felt like it "ruined" some of my washcloths because I couldn't get the smell out after cleaning up with it. So in the OP, Robert Beck mentions that it permeates your whole body rather fast, to where you can smell it on your hand if you apply it to your foot.
Anything strong flavoured or scented does.

Quote:
3. Garlic can burn you. Why? If it is good for us, why would it burn and blister our skin from direct application?
Where did you hear this? This is absolute crap. If that were the case you would have blistered fingers evertime you cut up a clove of garlic.

Last year I had a wart on my hand, I didn't want to use phramacuticals/chemicals to get rid of it, so looked into alternatives, garlic was the most popular on the net, so i would apply some cut garlic on my skin around the wart and on top of it, i even went to sleep with it selotaped to my hand.

I got no burns or blisters and guess what it got rid of my wart too.

Quote:
4. Why do we reek (body odor and breath) after having garlic for one night? I did not notice this so much until I stopped eating garlic then had it once. It was so gross, I didn't want to even be around myself .
It's a strong flavour, doesn't mean it's bad.

Quote:
edit: 5. Garlic and onion is used in almost all seasonings for junk foods and processed foods. You realize this when you want to try abstaining for garlic for a while. It's in BBQ sauce, salad dressing, most kinds of dipping sauce, taco seasoning, teriaki sauce, alfredo sauce, spaghetti sauce, used to season meat, fried batter, etc. etc. I would say the average American gets huge doses of garlic just eating crap processed foods and restaraunt food. Surely this is an "inferior" form of garlic, since it is processed. You can still taste it though, and it can still make you smell really bad. Just food for thought.

My point is that these things do not seem characteristic of a food that is BENEFICIAL for us healthwise. I am interested to hear what other people think of these things.
Not sure why you come to that conclusion.

Last edited by truthseeker1980; 17-12-2010 at 07:03 PM.
truthseeker1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2010, 07:07 PM   #62
truthspoon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthseeker1980 View Post
I got no burns or blisters and guess what it got rid of my wart too.
I used garlic to get rid of a verucca, it was the only thing that worked...it blistered and burnt the surrounding skin though.

Thing is if you drink a lot of beer, smoke fags and drink coffee then dropping garlic will probably make no difference, if however you're trying to purify your body and rid it of the effects of stimulants of all kinds then I suspect dropping garlic will do you a bit of noticeable good.

It's a stimulant clearly. It's known for this effect. Like I say, if you want to have a meditative and spiritual experience, you should avoid stimulants. Just common sense.
truthspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2010, 07:26 PM   #63
biblegirl

Quote:

Where did you hear this? This is absolute crap. If that were the case you would have blistered fingers evertime you cut up a clove of garlic.
it doesn't burn you every time you touch it

and i didn't hear it, i experienced it for myself also used garlic cloves in the outer ear to kill ear infections but if you leave it on too long it burns and blisters

i am surprised you did not experience this with direct application overnight, but i don't doubt you either
biblegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2010, 08:01 PM   #64
zsymon
Inactive

I used to place a bowl of sliced onion in my room to clear up runny nose,
worked like a charm.

Garlic and onion are definitely some of the most useful and healthy plants.
In the war, the russians ran out of peniciline, and used garlic instead, to
great effect. Garlic, like honey, is a powerful anti bacterial.. garlic saved
many lives.

Last edited by zsymon; 17-12-2010 at 08:03 PM.
zsymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2010, 10:21 PM   #65
bluebunny

Interesting...Ive been practicing reiki for 15 years and I remember my reiki master telling me not to eat any garlic before my attunements.I guess i always put it down to superstition. I know the hare krisnas dont use it because its considered to be a stimulant and not conducive to meditation but who knows?? If it does flood the brain blood barrier then Id consider not using it.

Ive always taken a clove of garlic if I felt I was coming down with a cold and its really effective so I certainly wouldnt dismiss it for medicinal purposes.But given that its supposed to be as effective as any broad spectrum antibiotic maybe it should be used with more caution rather than everyday?
bluebunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2010, 10:43 PM   #66
biblegirl

Thank you for posting bluebunny, it is nice to have someone verify the thing about reiki and garlic, at least that it might be a common idea.

I am still trying to figure all this out, and I'm not dismissing it's medicinal uses because I used it as a treatment for many years and I know it works. I have the book on garlic and onions, natures antibiotics, and it's a great book. Also it's of course in many of my other herbal books. One particularly effective example, is as a treatment for children with whooping cough, to put a garlic poultice on the soles of the feet and leave on overnight in the socks, and is almost guaranteed to get rid of whooping cough within 24 hours (if you catch it pretty early). This is obviously preferable IMO to hospitals and antibiotics, and it's cheaper and more practical anyway. So when it came down to it, if I had a baby with whooping cough I would likely use this tried and true remedy before others. It could be this is where some of the "garlic repels evil spirits" idea came from, since people all through time have connected sickness with evil spirits.

I would love for someone to debunk all that I posted in the OP. So far I think the "evidence" points to it being accurate, but I am happy to change my mind if people can confirm the opposite, most especially the spiritual aspect. I guess the bright side is (if this is true), the doctor guy in the video said the shamans and channelers regain their abilities after a day or two. So it's really not the end of the world if you have garlic sometimes!

Last edited by biblegirl; 17-12-2010 at 10:46 PM.
Old 17-12-2010, 11:12 PM   #67
batou
Banned

I know you guys will be disappointed but I don't want to visit any of you.
Unless you're having evil for dinner.
batou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2010, 11:21 PM   #68
tornado

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsymon View Post

In the war, the russians ran out of peniciline, and used garlic instead, to
great effect. Garlic, like honey, is a powerful anti bacterial.. garlic saved
many lives.
...and also for tifus, disentery, and used in hospitals as antyseptic to stop septicemy and gangreen of the war wounds.
For meditation purpose no food is required, only water.
Old 18-12-2010, 01:49 AM   #69
musten

Quote:
While searching for DIY plans for colloidal silver makers, I came across this video by Dr. Robert Beck, who explains that while people are using his electromagnetic treatment, they absolutely cannot have any garlic.
Complete fraud.

musten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2010, 02:16 AM   #70
armoured_amazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebunny View Post
Interesting...Ive been practicing reiki for 15 years and I remember my reiki master telling me not to eat any garlic before my attunements.
Well, that clearly ties in with the bad energy v garlic that someone (zsymon?)mentioned earlier. Every single person I've known practice reiki has several dark entities around them. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. Not saying the practitioners are bad, just the energies they use and are used by. And no, I'm not hallucinating, because I've checked with third parties.

Last edited by armoured_amazon; 18-12-2010 at 02:20 AM.
armoured_amazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2010, 04:59 AM   #71
biblegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by musten View Post
ah yes the blue man

unfortunately this has nothing whatsoever to do with this thread topic
Old 18-12-2010, 05:39 AM   #72
dawnbreak
Banned

Quote:
I dont know one Hindu who avoids garlic or onions. Not one.

Absolute garbage!!!!
I do!

I learnt about onions and garlic and various other underground tubler vegetables being taboo via a hindu girl.

To say hindu's don't avoid garlic and onions is simply wrong

Should we avoid them who knows but there at sheds loads of hindus who do
dawnbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2010, 10:55 AM   #73
bluebunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by armoured_amazon View Post
Well, that clearly ties in with the bad energy v garlic that someone (zsymon?)mentioned earlier. Every single person I've known practice reiki has several dark entities around them. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. Not saying the practitioners are bad, just the energies they use and are used by. And no, I'm not hallucinating, because I've checked with third parties.
Lol, reiki is a beautiful healing energy,it is simply a vibration of love and it is impossible to use it for anything but good.There are some christians who disapprove of reiki in the same way that they disapprove of spiritualist mediums,they dont like people doing things for themselves and reclaiming their own power.So we hear these scare stories from time to time.
Anyone who opens themselves up to do energy work,whether its reiki or anything else,is potentially opening themselves up to dark energy,which is why we should always invoke protection.In fact it is a good idea to invoke protection on a daily basis.I dont mean in a fearful way,but just in the same way that you wouldnt leave the house without checking your front door was locked. The problem is that a lot of people forget to do this. Also I have seen reiki students forget to close down after a healing session and this is also very bad practice.
Its true that a lot of students see reiki as merely some form of alternative therapy while ignoring their spiritual growth and the responsibilities that go with it,and this can sometimes cause problems.In fact reiki can greatly accelerate your spiritual growth.Speaking for myself it has bought me nothing but good and given me the oppourtunity to help a lot of people and animals.
By the way it is not a general rule in reiki circles that garlic should not be used before attunements,Ive never seen it written anywhere in the teachings.I think it was just the personal preference of my first teacher,maybe because garlic is a stimulant.We were also asked to abstain from tea,coffee and alcohol.
Old 19-12-2010, 10:39 AM   #74
zsymon
Inactive

Bluebunny, there are definitely many, many reiki practitioners who are using
very dark energies. The symbols reiki uses connects directly with some very
negative entities and energies.

It's possible to use reiki in a benevolent way, if you refrain from using the
symbols and attunements. If you do not get any attunements and if you do
not use the symbols, then it's possible to use reiki in its pure form, without
any of the contamination. However even then it is still like a patch, it can
not actually heal a wound, it can only offer temporary symptom relief.

Last edited by zsymon; 19-12-2010 at 10:42 AM.
Old 19-12-2010, 02:04 PM   #75
bluebunny

Quote:
Bluebunny, there are definitely many, many reiki practitioners who are using
very dark energies. The symbols reiki uses connects directly with some very
negative entities and energies.

It's possible to use reiki in a benevolent way, if you refrain from using the
symbols and attunements. If you do not get any attunements and if you do
not use the symbols, then it's possible to use reiki in its pure form, without
any of the contamination. However even then it is still like a patch, it can
not actually heal a wound, it can only offer temporary symptom relief.
Could you please explain??The only evidence there is of these rumours seems to be 'channelled', there is no proof at all.
I know that Usui did not originally use the symbols and that technically they are not needed,personally when I practice I never feel the need to use them.But whats actually wrong with them,if you have some information about their origins that is not general knowledge then Id be very interested.
The energy involved in reiki is ki,or chi,it is something we all have already within us,and it does not work by adding anything,but rather by balancing out the bodies own energies allowing the body to heal itself.All healing comes from within.In fact it is no different from the healing anyone can be trained to do whether we call it reiki or not.Ive seen people who have been cured or at least seen an improvement of all kinds of chronic health problems using reiki.I have also seen people for whom reiki has been no help at all,who knows,maybe their problem was something they chose or they werent ready to be healed.I myself used to suffer from a frozen shoulder,it wasnt really bad but it did bother me,and that disappeared overnight after my first attunement.I dont claim to understand reiki completely but I have more than enough personal proof that it is beneficial on all levels.If you want to reply to this Zsymon could you please pm me as its a bit off topic,thanks
Old 20-12-2010, 12:05 AM   #76
musten

Quote:
ah yes the blue man
unfortunately this has nothing whatsoever to do with this thread topic

That man became addicted and turned blue because of drinking water as sold by Robert Beck. You just came across google videos search and gave credit to that 2 hours long video of him, probably just because he called himself Dr. "His electromagnetic treatment" is a complete fraud as so is he and all what he says. So I was saying that you were concerned for nothing. There is no reason for losing trust in yourself, so be sure again about garlic and onions. You are the only one who knows what is better for you.

And I think reiki is another fraud too.
musten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2010, 12:24 AM   #77
biblegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by musten View Post
That man became addicted and turned blue because of drinking water as sold by Robert Beck. You just came across google videos search and gave credit to that 2 hours long video of him, probably just because he called himself Dr. "His electromagnetic treatment" is a complete fraud as so is he and all what he says. So I was saying that you were concerned for nothing. There is no reason for losing trust in yourself, so be sure again about garlic and onions. You are the only one who knows what is better for you.

And I think reiki is another fraud too.
Hello, no that guy has nothing to do with Robert Beck although he did mention it in the Q&A at the end of the video, as to why this happened and what the guy was doing wrong. It had nothing to do with the correct manufacture and use of colloidal silver. I don't remember the exact explanation he gave in the Q&A, but it's within the last 15 minutes if you are interested .

Quote:
The Blue Man Fraud

By now nearly everyone has seen the story about Paul Karason who the news media has dubbed "The Blue Man". Although the news media has continually said that he was taking colloidal silver, nothing could be further from the truth. The Blue Man story became a major media disinformation event which was produced by a public relations firm and paid for by a pharmaceutical interest. The purpose of this campaign was to scare the public away from using colloidal silver products. The tactic was to claim that the Blue Man's condition was caused by his use of colloidal silver thus implying that anyone who uses colloidal silver would suffer a similar fate. The entire story as presented is a study in blatant misrepresentation. The fact is that Paul has a condition called argyria that turns the skin a blue-gray color. He got this condition by taking his homemade silver compound that was mostly a highly concentrated ionic silver solution. When he prepared the solution he believed he was making colloidal silver. He was not making colloidal silver. To make the solution even more dangerous, he added salt to the brew and then used electrolysis to make a high concentration of silver chloride with large particles which is well known to cause argyria. He further applied the compound to his skin causing him to become an internal and external photographic plate. To finish himself off, he used a tanning bed to "fix" the silver in his body. The moral of the story is to know the difference between true colloidal silver and ionic silver or silver proteins, and don't try to make either at home! (True colloidal silver cannot be made at home.)
http://www.purestcolloids.com/blue-man.php

No one has turned blue from Robert Becks design, if they had you could be sure the media would be all over it.
Old 20-12-2010, 12:20 PM   #78
truthseeker1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbreak View Post
I do!

I learnt about onions and garlic and various other underground tubler vegetables being taboo via a hindu girl.

To say hindu's don't avoid garlic and onions is simply wrong

Should we avoid them who knows but there at sheds loads of hindus who do
I grew up in north west london, in the UK's largest Hindu population and have not met one who avoids onions or garlic.

I've attended a hindu wedding and the religous people who did the ceremony ate the food which was on offer, which all had onions and garlic in.

So kind of guessed hindu's dont avoid onions or garlic.

It's impossible to with their diets of contemporary indian/pakistani/south east asian food, which is all about onions, garlic and spices.

It's not like jews or muslims avoiding pork.

Hindu's definitely eat far more onions and garlic than other religions as a whole, if you were to compare say an avarage Hindu's garlic/onions intake, to an average european christian's garlic/onion inake(not UK or Ire as we eat loadsa curry).
The hindu would eat more.. I'd say a lot more.

So that's why i say it's wrong.
truthseeker1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2010, 04:23 PM   #79
zsymon
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebunny View Post
Could you please explain??The only evidence there is of these rumours seems to be 'channelled', there is no proof at all.
I know that Usui did not originally use the symbols and that technically they are not needed,personally when I practice I never feel the need to use them.But whats actually wrong with them,if you have some information about their origins that is not general knowledge then Id be very interested.
The energy involved in reiki is ki,or chi,it is something we all have already within us,and it does not work by adding anything,but rather by balancing out the bodies own energies allowing the body to heal itself.All healing comes from within.In fact it is no different from the healing anyone can be trained to do whether we call it reiki or not.Ive seen people who have been cured or at least seen an improvement of all kinds of chronic health problems using reiki.I have also seen people for whom reiki has been no help at all,who knows,maybe their problem was something they chose or they werent ready to be healed.I myself used to suffer from a frozen shoulder,it wasnt really bad but it did bother me,and that disappeared overnight after my first attunement.I dont claim to understand reiki completely but I have more than enough personal proof that it is beneficial on all levels.If you want to reply to this Zsymon could you please pm me as its a bit off topic,thanks
Me and my friends have come in contact with reiki practitioners, and even
though my ability to spiritually 'see' is still limited, one of my friends is able
to see the truth behind the energies being used.

Often when one of my friends comes in contact with a healer, I will ask my
friend to check for the energies, and he will tell me what he sees afterwards.
With many reiki practitioners, he saw that shadow-like beings became active
the moment the practitioner used the symbols, and dark strands of energy
would connect with the practitioner as well as his client.

My friend noticed the same with some Muslim prayers. His family is Muslim and
often when they do certain rituals or prayers, he would see negative energy
and dark beings swirl around and connect with the food or the objects that
were involved.. he always had to disconnect everything afterwards. I reckon
it is the same with many religious rituals.

Symbols are often connected with specific entities or energies, and when you
invoke those symbols, you connect with those energies or entities. That is
why occultism knows many symbols.. symbols are like a tool to help people
connect with the energies and entities.

Originally, reiki was a form of Light healing, without any negativity connected
to it what so ever, and reiki can still be used like that. However it became
corrupted through time, and now it is difficult to avoid connecting with dark
energies and entities. However if you follow your heart and do what you feel
is right, then there is absolutely nothing wrong with reiki, and you can use it
to help yourself and to help others.

There's nothing wrong with real reiki, it can be a wonderful tool to give people
temporary symptom relief. It cannot heal wounds or remove blockages in a
permanent way, but it can give people much needed, temporary relief. Just
make sure you follow your heart, rather than blindly follow the books or the
teachers.. do what you feel is right, and everything will be as it should be.

If you want, I can send you a file about Light healing, you can use that with
reiki together if you want, to achieve greater effect and more long term relief.
It is very simple, it doesn't involve symbols or anything.. it is a healing method
based on increasing the connection between you, your client and the Creator.
It's designed to make it impossible to use corrupted energies and methods and
it is a great supportive addition for reiki. Most importantly it will make sure the
reiki energies you use, are the real reiki energies.. the pure, original ones.

Last edited by zsymon; 20-12-2010 at 04:32 PM.
Old 20-12-2010, 04:30 PM   #80
armoured_amazon

Quote:
Me and my friends have come in contact with reiki practitioners, and even though my ability to spiritually 'see' is still limited, one of my friends is able to see the truth behind the energies being used....it is difficult to avoid connecting with dark energies and entities.
This. And the reason I always check with friends (two in particular) is because I'm still always second-guessing my abilities, whereas they confidently use them. I ask what do they see, and it's always what I see. I don't see reiki as positive in any way, though many practitioners often think they're doing good. Healing can be done in other ways, by other energies. I'm a natural healer, but my experiences with people around me using reiki stopped me using my healing altogether, because I was questioning where it came from. Now I realise it comes directly from the Creator and if and when I need to use it, I will. Coincidentally, lots of people who have shadow beings hanging around - because they don't just trot off when the reiki session's finished - are drained/ill/depressed etc.
armoured_amazon is offline   Reply With Quote