Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Electronic Harassment / Mind Control / Subliminal Programing > The Nature of Matrix Religions and what they mean.

Old 13-07-2008, 11:58 AM   #1
hagbard_celine

Default BBC Horizon- God on the Brain

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...C4-AjQLzj8CFCw

I was pleasantly surprised by this film, from the BBC’s Horizon, which I’ve written about before... and slagged off no end.

I was bracing myself for another misleading, biased propaganda broadcast. I was psyching myself up to write a critical attack on the programme like I have in the examples above; that was until I saw the last five minutes of it. At the very end of the film, they humbly admit that the work of Persinger and Newburg etc do not disprove the objective presence of the divine (Newberg has stated this personally in other interviews and in the movie What The Bleep...) This is an astonishing confession. Have the disinformers and MBA-ers lost their stranglehold on the BBC science!?

"Because he refused to compete in games for domination he was indomitable."
from The Dispossessed by Ursula le Guin
hagbard_celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2008, 01:17 PM   #2
legendary

i find it interesting that the first guy was epileptic and they talk of how this can trigger 'religious' visions and how the story of Saul on the road to Damascus has also been suggested to have been the result of an epileptic fit
One who breaks an unjust law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for law. - Martin Luther King
All power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely - Lord Acton
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance - Einstein
legendary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2008, 01:29 PM   #3
endlessvista
Inactive

Did the BBC finish the programme off by saying that God would be killed by Climate Change?
endlessvista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2008, 08:59 AM   #4
hagbard_celine

Quote:
Originally Posted by endlessvista View Post
Did the BBC finish the programme off by saying that God would be killed by Climate Change?

That would be typical of Horizon!

Have you seen this pile of poo-poo?:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...0dimming&hl=en

Last edited by hagbard_celine; 25-07-2008 at 09:01 AM.
Old 25-07-2008, 09:03 AM   #5
hagbard_celine

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary View Post
i find it interesting that the first guy was epileptic and they talk of how this can trigger 'religious' visions and how the story of Saul on the road to Damascus has also been suggested to have been the result of an epileptic fit
It's ann interesting subject that ties in with psychedelic trips etc. And this time, for a change, the Horizon team were honest about the discovery's implications.

Old 25-07-2008, 09:16 AM   #6
lottie_new
Premier Subscribers

Yeah thanks for sharing the link HC, i watched this yesterday afternoon and really enjoyed it!! Interesting about the results of Richard Dawkins - i wonder if he's the extreme other end of the scale where his frontal lobes are so engorged in blood for the most of the time that he cannot experience or appreciate the feeling of 'connectedness' with 'god' or 'oneness' -unlike the other extreme of Nun's/Buddhists/meditators who do experience that connection, I feel the majority of us are possibly somewhere inbetween, I dont meditate nor do i pray but i can still experience 'oneness'/'connectedness' when i so wish,I wonder if there's a 'scale' like the Autistic Spectum??
Arch-strategist Zbigniew Brzezinski, senior adviser to Barack Obama, stated in a presentation to the highly influential Council on Foreign Relations that "...the greatest obstacle to establishing a One World Government is the rapid political awakening amongst the masses." May 2010.

lottie_new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2008, 09:22 AM   #7
legendary

well honestly i could never say i have felt a oneness or connection with some form of supreme being however i still accept that God(in some sense of the word) is a possibility but to focus on proving or disproving (it?) is a waste of time and instead you should focus on the message it gives and it's impact upon society and also individuals
One who breaks an unjust law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for law. - Martin Luther King
Old 25-07-2008, 09:32 AM   #8
hagbard_celine

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottie View Post
Yeah thanks for sharing the link HC, i watched this yesterday afternoon and really enjoyed it!! Interesting about the results of Richard Dawkins - i wonder if he's the extreme other end of the scale where his frontal lobes are so engorged in blood for the most of the time that he cannot experience or appreciate the feeling of 'connectedness' with 'god' or 'oneness' -unlike the other extreme of Nun's/Buddhists/meditators who do experience that connection, I feel the majority of us are possibly somewhere inbetween, I dont meditate nor do i pray but i can still experience 'oneness'/'connectedness' when i so wish,I wonder if there's a 'scale' like the Autistic Spectum??
Could be. But in Dawkins' case, it's probably more to do with his education and indoctrination at Oxford, the Left-Brain Capital of the World, than any physical pathology.

I've had a mild mushroom trip, but I've never experienced any of the extreme altered states spontaneously that the witnesses in the film did. It could be that my tuning to what Graham Hancock calls "Channel Normal" is hardwired!

Old 25-07-2008, 09:34 AM   #9
hagbard_celine

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary View Post
well honestly i could never say i have felt a oneness or connection with some form of supreme being however i still accept that God(in some sense of the word) is a possibility but to focus on proving or disproving (it?) is a waste of time and instead you should focus on the message it gives and it's impact upon society and also individuals
Definitely, especially when that message is perverted by dogma and superstition, as we've seen with Holy Wars, Jihads and Crusades etc.

Old 25-07-2008, 09:40 AM   #10
danster82

Im sorry but I cannot see nothing here but exactly what I would expect and thats a scientific materialist society defending its dogmatic belief systems.

heres a few lines

"Fortunately for rudey hes stop having these thoughts and remains a firm atheist"

"We will find out what part of our brain programs us to believe in God" <-- statement of fact about a part of our brain that program's us to believe in God.

"these people suffer from one of the stringiest of brain disorders, The belief in God"

I mean do I even need to explain this line, this documentary to me is pure garbage a scientifc ego defending its mental box. its just full of lines like this all the way what exactly did you see that was good about this documentary accept for enforcing your belief system if your already a materialist atheist.

Last edited by danster82; 25-07-2008 at 09:47 AM.
danster82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2008, 10:09 AM   #11
legendary

Quote:
Originally Posted by danster82 View Post
Im sorry but I cannot see nothing here but exactly what I would expect and thats a scientific materialist society defending its dogmatic belief systems.

heres a few lines

"Fortunately for rudey hes stop having these thoughts and remains a firm atheist"

"We will find out what part of our brain programs us to believe in God" <-- statement of fact about a part of our brain that program's us to believe in God.

"these people suffer from one of the stringiest of brain disorders, The belief in God"

I mean do I even need to explain this line, this documentary to me is pure garbage a scientifc ego defending its mental box. its just full of lines like this all the way what exactly did you see that was good about this documentary accept for enforcing your belief system if your already a materialist atheist.
or alternatively they are analysing a medical condition with symptoms in relation to God, they don't claim every religious experience is a result of epilepsy and suggesting that some humans brains condition them to believe in God, which was the point of the documentary does not necessarily imply God's existence or non-existence, in fact from a religious perspective you could argue that if the brain dictates to some to believe in God, some divine creator must have placed that urge there in the first place, which points to the existence of a God.

As for the narrative, that just shows the opinion of the maker of the documentary, after he has studied the facts and whilst you are right that it is biased i would argue it is far less biased than those Christians who proclaim that i am going to hell, because i do not accept Jesus to be God, or the son of God or Muslims who riot and threaten terrorist attacks because their prophet has been portrayed in a cartoon aimed at non-muslim viewers despite the fact their religion states it is they not us who are not allowed to depict the prophet Mohammed (peace be upon him)

PS i think the brain disorder was referring to the epileptic fits triggered by the brain, as one of them didn't believe in God if you paid any attention to the documentary
Old 25-07-2008, 10:14 AM   #12
element
Inactive

The Atheist Agenda, nothing more then that. Why do they always take religions literal? They're nothing better, two sides of the same coin.

Life came out of nowhere is also a belief system.
element is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2008, 12:18 PM   #13
hagbard_celine

Quote:
Originally Posted by danster82 View Post

heres a few lines

I'm not a materialist atheist.

I know what you mean about the programme and, yes, it could have been a hell of a lot better. The reason I'm defending it is because it's so much less ignorant than many other programmes on this subject. My well-disposed views towards it it are purely comparative. It's only when you've watched torrents of ignorant misleading MBA crap that you can appreciate how astonishing the confession at the end is.

Old 25-07-2008, 12:20 PM   #14
hagbard_celine

Quote:
Originally Posted by element View Post
The Atheist Agenda, nothing more then that. Why do they always take religions literal? They're nothing better, two sides of the same coin.

Life came out of nowhere is also a belief system.
We can't explain their endemic fallacy to them though! They just come up with something dafter. Look at old Dawkins!

Old 28-07-2008, 08:13 PM   #15
octopusrex

Just pass me the psylocibin. Just ran out o' mescaline...
octopusrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2008, 07:48 AM   #16
hagbard_celine

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopusrex View Post
Just pass me the psylocibin. Just ran out o' mescaline...
The people who take "mind-altering drugs" are significant by their scarceity in the ranks of the MBA Athesit-materialists!

Old 31-07-2008, 10:10 PM   #17
octopusrex

I vant to make ALL OF YOU Mushroom Junkies HA HA HA HA HA!
octopusrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 08:58 AM   #18
element
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagbard_celine View Post
Look at old Dawkins!

Yeah he really get's old, just look at this article, lol.

http://www.icr.org/article/460/
element is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:04 AM   #19
hagbard_celine

Quote:
Originally Posted by element View Post

Yeah he really get's old, just look at this article, lol.

http://www.icr.org/article/460/
Thanks.

I want to see the movie Expelled when it comes out in Britain.