Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News

Old 11-02-2019, 11:14 PM   #21
itsnotallrightjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkplug View Post
It seems like the standards in living are going down and eventually people will be all renting and living like in the Victorian era.

If people have shit jobs on minimum wage or zero hour contracts they won't be able to afford to rent a house or anything.

Nothing wrong with renting per se; people in mainland Europe rent more than here in Britain. Here if you rent your home and dont own it it's almost seen as some sort of failure. If you rent a lovely home on a secure tenancy I don't think it should be seen that way. I'm living in a housing co op flat, and it is a life long tenancy, I can decorate it as I wish, and the rent is less than a mortgage.

I know I'm fortunate to have this sort of tenancy. I wish there were more co ops- they are a great and affordable way to live in a nice and secure home.

But with the private sector- rents are getting very high and as you say getting unaffordable for the types of earnings people are on.

I expect that there will be an increase in house shares with young couples and singles living in bedrooms with shared kitchens/bathrooms and shared sitting rooms.

The bedsits/studios of the 1970s- mid 1990s are largely gone, which used to be affordable homes for youngsters leaving home.

It may be said with a degree of assurance that not everything that meets the eye is as it appears.

Rod Serling.
itsnotallrightjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 09:00 AM   #22
zArk[ie]
Premier Subscribers

lowering the living standards in the Uk to balance out on the world stage.

if wages had risen with house prices, average wage should be £75,000

having £200 spare a month doesnt qualify for the mortgage system never mind the requirements of a deposit.

Quote:
The bedsits/studios of the 1970s- mid 1990s are largely gone, which used to be affordable homes for youngsters leaving home.
yet the majority will be stuck due to the rent required. its a prison sentence renting.

Last edited by zArk[ie]; 12-02-2019 at 09:02 AM.
zArk[ie] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 02:20 PM   #23
itsnotallrightjack

l
Quote:
owering the living standards in the Uk to balance out on the world stage.

if wages had risen with house prices, average wage should be £75,000

having £200 spare a month doesnt qualify for the mortgage system never mind the requirements of a deposit.

I could not imagine having £200 "spare" a month! I presume you mean after all rent and bills are paid?

£75,000 pa is beyond my wildest dreams!!! I couldn't imagine being on a salary like that!! Heck, £20,000 pa is, never mind £75,000 pa. Yet we are told that is the "average" salary. Well that is not what most people I know are on- most are on minimum wage or £18,000 pa.

Quote:
yet the majority will be stuck due to the rent required. its a prison sentence renting.
Youngsters with jobs are doing house shares these days or sharing one bed flats with a partner or friend.

It may be said with a degree of assurance that not everything that meets the eye is as it appears.

Rod Serling.

Last edited by itsnotallrightjack; 12-02-2019 at 02:22 PM.
Old 12-02-2019, 03:58 PM   #24
lewi

Lightbulb Just to make clear....

This thread was not created to attack or belittle anyone living at home with parents during the later stages of life. I'm pleased those who do so are not suffering on the streets but the concern of a lost generation still without a home to call their own is just another failure of this and previous government polices and should be addressed.

Last edited by lewi; 12-02-2019 at 04:01 PM.
lewi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 06:00 PM   #25
zArk[ie]
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewi View Post
failure of this and previous government polices and should be addressed.
surely, economically speaking, the policy is working as it is driving house prices up.. thus mortgages are bigger value.. thus more debt.. more securities, more investment, better credit rating

zArk[ie] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 06:40 PM   #26
sparkplug

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotallrightjack View Post
Nothing wrong with renting per se; people in mainland Europe rent more than here in Britain. Here if you rent your home and dont own it it's almost seen as some sort of failure. If you rent a lovely home on a secure tenancy I don't think it should be seen that way. I'm living in a housing co op flat, and it is a life long tenancy, I can decorate it as I wish, and the rent is less than a mortgage.

I know I'm fortunate to have this sort of tenancy. I wish there were more co ops- they are a great and affordable way to live in a nice and secure home.

But with the private sector- rents are getting very high and as you say getting unaffordable for the types of earnings people are on.

I expect that there will be an increase in house shares with young couples and singles living in bedrooms with shared kitchens/bathrooms and shared sitting rooms.

I'm not knocking renting or anyone renting. I've rented myself in the past. Some good, some not so good.

People rent more in Europe as there are more places available, ours were all sold off under Thatcher and no one has built anything much in the way of social housing every since.

Since the early noughties house prices have rocketed up, but they didn't include it in the inflation figures. Food has gone up. Council tax has rocketed up. Fuel has gone up. Energy bills went up massively as well. In fact pretty much everything has gone up massively.

Except for wages. Strange that.
sparkplug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 10:19 PM   #27
itsnotallrightjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkplug View Post
I'm not knocking renting or anyone renting. I've rented myself in the past. Some good, some not so good.

People rent more in Europe as there are more places available, ours were all sold off under Thatcher and no one has built anything much in the way of social housing every since.

Since the early noughties house prices have rocketed up, but they didn't include it in the inflation figures. Food has gone up. Council tax has rocketed up. Fuel has gone up. Energy bills went up massively as well. In fact pretty much everything has gone up massively.

Except for wages. Strange that.
Oh I know sparkplug. I meant our wider society rather than you or anyone on David Icke forum. Many of us here are renters. I know that people in Europe rent more due to the type of properties there and securer tenancies and tenant rights. However, I gather from speaking to mainland Europeans in some countries they have rents as high as ours in some areas.

Our problem is as you say due to Thatcher policies and inflation.

Food has gone up but not as much as gas and electric has.

20 odd years ago there was no Aldi or Lidl and all the discount stores that sell food at cheaper prices than the likes of Sainsbury's, well except Kwik Save. Remember that?

Also, if you live in a town with lots of ethnic groups there are cheap independent supermarkets owned by Yemenis and Asians.

It's not food that is a problem for me per se; it is the utilities/bills that are the costliest. Because they are so high there is less money left to spend on food. I think this is a the case for many people too.

But you are right: wages have not risen for Joe Average.

But the politicians and their cronies continue to live in luxury---

Rod Serling.

Last edited by itsnotallrightjack; 12-02-2019 at 10:20 PM.
Old 14-02-2019, 02:33 AM   #28
motleyhoo

It's pretty hard to get a job and make a living when your only skills are smartphoning and social media. Addictions destroy lives.

"Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it ... It is not a field of a few acres of ground, but a cause, that we are defending, and whether we defeat the enemy in one battle, or by degrees, the consequences will be the same." -- Thomas Paine
motleyhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2019, 11:55 PM   #29
itsnotallrightjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by motleyhoo View Post
It's pretty hard to get a job and make a living when your only skills are smartphoning and social media. Addictions destroy lives.

On one hand I get what you mean but on the other hand some youngsters are making a living making videos on you tube and other social media!

Rod Serling.
Old 16-02-2019, 08:36 AM   #30
motleyhoo

Quote:
On one hand I get what you mean but on the other hand some youngsters are making a living making videos on you tube and other social media!
And by doing so they are only rewarding and feeding the technocracy that welcomes them in with open arms.

"Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it ... It is not a field of a few acres of ground, but a cause, that we are defending, and whether we defeat the enemy in one battle, or by degrees, the consequences will be the same." -- Thomas Paine
Old 17-02-2019, 12:36 PM   #31
itsnotallrightjack

Quote:
And by doing so they are only rewarding and feeding the technocracy that welcomes them in with open arms.

Depends on what kind of videos they are making.

Rod Serling.
Old 17-02-2019, 01:03 PM   #32
lewi

Wink Amber Rudd had this problem with her 27yr old

Is this familiar guys !?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...-library-wine/

Quote:
Amber Rudd's daughter flies the nest - to a £3m apartment with library and wine cellar. It is a scenario familiar to many parents: a child who has reached adulthood but is reluctant to leave the comforts of home. Not many parents will have recourse to a £3 million apartment in which to relocate their offspring. However, that is the situation for Amber Rudd, the former Home Secretary, whose daughter has written an article about flying the nest.

Flora Gill has moved into the west London home of Rudd’s late parents, situated in one of the area's finest postcodes. “It was my mother’s suggestion - she was sick of her 27-year-old eating all the food and filling up the Sky box at her place, and claimed to have better things to do than pick up after me.

Last edited by lewi; 17-02-2019 at 01:04 PM.
lewi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2019, 08:45 PM   #33
motleyhoo

Quote:
Depends on what kind of videos they are making.
No it does not. These sites are owned and controlled by the very corporations that want to enslave and control us. Just by using them, doesn't matter what you think you are doing, you are rewarding them and you are making a statement that you condone the things they do.

If you think you're different, that you can somehow post things in defiance, just try posting on facebook or twitter articles condemning them. That's what Natural News and Alex Jones did, and they were wiped out of social media completely.

On the other hand, if you're still using them and posting away, it's only because they are using you and getting something out of it.

Old 19-02-2019, 09:48 PM   #34
chockimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfredo79 View Post
I am nearly 40 (march 11) and I live with my parents. I have always lived with my parents. And I will live with the parents till they are alive.

I would have liked to go living alone when I was 18-20, now I don't care, the best years for the fun are gone by now.

Me too! Family is the most important thing in life, and most people don't realise it until they are gone. The last 10 years has been an absolute misery for me. I was about to leave home, but then my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer, thankfully she survived her eight month ordeal, but then shortly afterwards my dad retired from work and literally straightaway he was diagnosed with lung cancer and went though hell before he passed away at home. And just when you think things couldn't get any worse, I was soon burying my sister 10 months later. Now it's just me and my mother whose lungs are shot to hell. My health sucks too, I'm going through my own hell with a really bad parasite infection that will probably succeed in killing me before long. So that's the reason why I'm still living at home. Growing old truly sucks and is no fun at all when everyone you know and love are dropping like flies, and then there's all those funerals you have to attend. How I wish I was still young and free
1. I do not take it to be true; 2. I do not take it to be false; 3. I do not say you're wrong; 4. I do not not say you're right; 5. I do not say it is true or false; 6. It is both wrong and right, true and false at the same time. Such is the dilemma of relative truth. It is just the finger pointing.

Last edited by chockimon; 19-02-2019 at 09:50 PM.
chockimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2019, 01:45 AM   #35
itsnotallrightjack

Quote:
No it does not. These sites are owned and controlled by the very corporations that want to enslave and control us. Just by using them, doesn't matter what you think you are doing, you are rewarding them and you are making a statement that you condone the things they do.

If you think you're different, that you can somehow post things in defiance, just try posting on facebook or twitter articles condemning them. That's what Natural News and Alex Jones did, and they were wiped out of social media completely.

On the other hand, if you're still using them and posting away, it's only because they are using you and getting something out of it.

I get your point, but I didn't mean just fb or you tube, some people have their own websites. Maybe Alex Jones will pop up somewhere else. And there is always the Dark Web to hide out in.

Rod Serling.
Old 20-02-2019, 03:05 AM   #36
observed

I'll probably live with my parents until they die or I die.
observed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2019, 05:21 AM   #37
quadrati

Quote:
Originally Posted by observed View Post
Why?
I care not for what I say. It is the truth as I know it. As I witness the peaceful slaughter of my kinsfolk I will never apologise for my words. We do not come on this earth by choice, and I'll defend anyone who's needs are greater than mine, but we come here through our own free will.
quadrati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2019, 08:37 AM   #38
observed

I cannot afford to move out.
observed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2019, 09:33 AM   #39
alfredo79

Quote:
Originally Posted by chockimon View Post
Me too! Family is the most important thing in life, and most people don't realise it until they are gone. The last 10 years has been an absolute misery for me. I was about to leave home, but then my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer, thankfully she survived her eight month ordeal, but then shortly afterwards my dad retired from work and literally straightaway he was diagnosed with lung cancer and went though hell before he passed away at home. And just when you think things couldn't get any worse, I was soon burying my sister 10 months later. Now it's just me and my mother whose lungs are shot to hell. My health sucks too, I'm going through my own hell with a really bad parasite infection that will probably succeed in killing me before long. So that's the reason why I'm still living at home. Growing old truly sucks and is no fun at all when everyone you know and love are dropping like flies, and then there's all those funerals you have to attend. How I wish I was still young and free
I'm sorry for your situations. I wish the things get better.

You have touched an important point. When we arrive at 40s, also parents get older. So they need assistance, the can die with more probability, therefore it's better that some son is present. I am not going to have children because I'm 39, so I will remain at home forever.
alfredo79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2019, 09:33 AM   #40
alfredo79

Quote:
Originally Posted by observed View Post
Me too.
alfredo79 is offline   Reply With Quote