Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Global Awakening

Old 31-12-2011, 05:37 AM   #1041
anders lindman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jconnar View Post
Who are you?

Is the answer just another belief? A belief of who you are?

Is the sense of self just a compiled grouping of beliefs that re-enforce each other?

What is the personality other than a grouping of programming belief systems.

So if the personality is just a set of belief systems who is the real you. The you that has not changed since birth.
Ordinary we say "I have a personal unique experience." More correct is to say: "I AM a personal unique experience."

That's a fact and not a belief.

A nonduality teacher would typically say: "There are no individual doers." That's a false belief, since my unique and personal experience IS an individual doer.

Instead of waking up, the nonduality teachers have gone to sleep. The have died already before they die, so to speak. They have made themselves into mechanical zombies, which is why they look so miserable and tense behind a phony facade of put on serenity and pretended calmness. See through them, I can.
anders lindman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2011, 05:49 AM   #1042
jconnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders Lindman View Post
"I AM a personal unique experience."
Take this further.

You are your experience.

You are experience existing now.

You are existence now.

ALL of it.

The mind then comes over the top and starts to separate that existence. There is no separate self as all you experience is you, you're your unique experience, all of it. Well there is a separate self when you separate and that is just as equally valid also. But this thread is about entering unity consciousness.
jconnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2011, 05:56 AM   #1043
jconnar

Hence why mediation practice such as Za-Zen is a practice to remove the mind so as to see that underlying unity as its addicted to separating things. The mind is dualistic, awareness is not dualistic.

Remain as awareness only and stop thinking.

The mind gets upset when you try this, it puts up a nice big barrier of fear to stop you which you may even have experienced.
Old 31-12-2011, 06:06 AM   #1044
jconnar

Body identification Anders, look into it.

Also look into why babies are not identified with their bodies but develop this identification over time. They're fused with their surroundings. Why because they're just remaining as awareness only.
Old 31-12-2011, 06:32 AM   #1045
anders lindman

Quote:
Take this further.

You are your experience.

You are experience existing now.

You are existence now.

ALL of it.

The mind then comes over the top and starts to separate that existence. There is no separate self as all you experience is you, you're your unique experience, all of it. Well there is a separate self when you separate and that is just as equally valid also. But this thread is about entering unity consciousness.
Of course. By "I am a personal unique experience" I include everything in that experience. Each person's experience is like a facet on a diamond or oneness. Each experience is unique and individual yet all experiences are facets on the same one 'diamond'.
Old 31-12-2011, 06:37 AM   #1046
anders lindman

Quote:
Body identification Anders, look into it.

Also look into why babies are not identified with their bodies but develop this identification over time. They're fused with their surroundings. Why because they're just remaining as awareness only.
The body is a part of the overall experience, not separate from it. To NOT identify with the body and the rest of the physical universe is a huge delusion.

A baby has not yet woken up to the experience of being an individual. The awakening of the individual consciousness is a higher state of consciousness. Then there is yet a higher state of awakening in the form of unity consciousness I believe, that is not the same as the spiritual teachers call enlightenment which seems to me to be just another false belief.
Old 31-12-2011, 06:52 AM   #1047
jconnar

Quote:
Then there is yet a higher state of awakening in the form of unity consciousness I believe, that is not the same as the spiritual teachers call enlightenment which seems to me to be just another false belief.
How do you know that your belief is not the false one?

Anyway if doesn't matter what is false and what is right, all that matters is what you want and what you decide in. Everything is meaningless, you decide the meaning which is your belief systems, and what you say is right, is right in your reality and nobody can take that away from you.

Follow what you want, if you are desperate enough for it you will probably end up at the same place anyway.
Old 31-12-2011, 07:07 AM   #1048
anders lindman

Quote:
How do you know that your belief is not the false one?

Anyway if doesn't matter what is false and what is right, all that matters is what you want and what you decide in. Everything is meaningless, you decide the meaning which is your belief systems, and what you say is right, is right in your reality and nobody can take that away from you.

Follow what you want, if you are desperate enough for it you will probably end up at the same place anyway.
Everything is not meaningless! Saying that everything is meaningless is itself almost like a contradictory statement.

Some form of unity consciousness is true since reality is an interconnected wholeness. The state of spiritual enlightenment seems to me like a false sense of oneness OR maybe a true oneness but only as a first step into unity consciousness.
Old 31-12-2011, 10:22 AM   #1049
hierophant

Default honesty to oneself

there is so much spiritual wisdom available in our times. but can we really apply it here and now? aren't most of us always fantasizing of a distant future?

as a life of no-mind and total liberation seem to be randomly reserved for only few persons not to mention that pure beingness can be neither understood intellectually nor put into words properly, why don't we recognize our helplessness and accept that we can only make small steps?

beyond meditation and all other spiritual exercises there lies a modest but very pragmatic approach to bring you out of the imaginations of the mind. just ask yourself what is going on inside you and in front of your senses right now. is there something you like to do now or are there any obligations to meet? pay close attention! yes? then just do it! don't make big plans for the future because you will always find something to keep you busy here and now, don't you? be active! carpe diem! it's about living your dream, not dreaming your life!
hierophant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2011, 11:06 AM   #1050
hierophant

Default practicing nonduality with the mind

we need to remind ourselves again and again that here and now on this planet called earth grown-up humans are obviously living in duality as their default setting of consciousness. nonduality is often said to be neither...nor, not this, not that, impossible to understand and describe. but for the mind "not two" (advaita) can at least easily be interpreted as "one". if you want to have "one-ness", so why not hold on to "one"? you all know that our mind has the categories of good and bad, right and wrong which form our unique perception. what i came to know is that the evaluation or attribute 'good' is intuitively often good in itself as well as the term 'love' intrinsically contains love (if i recall it correctly meditation on 'love' is even an old sufi practice). in contrast, to value something as bad is to accentuate the absence of 'good' and can therefore also be seen as 'not good'. so then, a starting point for getting back to oneness would be to abide in that 'good' alone! with other words practicing nonduality with the mind is to think positive!

although this is a trick to reprogram your personal mind adjustment that can't have any objective value whatsoever it will certainly transform your perception lastingly. just take care in seeing only the good qualities of you and the people around you and the subjective quality of your experience will increase tremendously. where attention goes, energy flows!

Last edited by hierophant; 31-12-2011 at 11:18 AM.
Old 31-12-2011, 11:27 AM   #1051
hierophant

Quote:
Originally Posted by hierophant View Post
there is so much spiritual wisdom available in our times. but can we really apply it here and now? aren't most of us always fantasizing of a distant future?

as a life of no-mind and total liberation seem to be randomly reserved for only few persons not to mention that pure beingness can be neither understood intellectually nor put into words properly, why don't we recognize our helplessness and accept that we can only make small steps?

beyond meditation and all other spiritual exercises there lies a modest but very pragmatic approach to bring you out of the imaginations of the mind. just ask yourself what is going on inside you and in front of your senses right now. is there something you like to do now or are there any obligations to meet? pay close attention! yes? then just do it! don't make big plans for the future because you will always find something to keep you busy here and now, don't you? be active! carpe diem! it's about living your dream, not dreaming your life!
if there are only hopes and desires for the distant future, what could be the next step to make them come true? writing a book about them? i don't think so. the plain, the simple, the first thought, the first sensation, all before your eyes! god is always talking to you, but do you listen to him?

Last edited by hierophant; 31-12-2011 at 11:28 AM.
Old 31-12-2011, 01:46 PM   #1052
opas23

Quote:
You wrote how the I exists "only in a sentence". I took that as you meant the 'I' as an object.
Nope!

This is exactly why it's easier to actually meet for real or talk on the phone etc. which is something I predicted might happen a long way back in this thread.

Have a great New Year everyone.

Enough now,

Opas23.
How many of the ways (disciplines, exercises, practices) recommended as helpful, or even necessary, for the attainment of Satori are not in fact consequences of that state erroneously suggested as means? Wei Wu Wei
opas23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2011, 03:10 PM   #1053
anders lindman

Quote:
Originally Posted by opas23 View Post
Nope!

This is exactly why it's easier to actually meet for real or talk on the phone etc. which is something I predicted might happen a long way back in this thread.

Have a great New Year everyone.

Enough now,

Opas23.
You only want to meet in real life so that you can spread the Advaita meme I assume.

Happy New Year
Old 31-12-2011, 03:26 PM   #1054
lonestar
Inactive

Quote:
I'm trying another path than the ordinary nonduality teachings. Things like mindfulness and inner body awareness practice are excellent. What I don't like about the nonduality teachings is the claim that "there is no doer". I think of myself as a co-creator which means that there is an individual doer.
That sounds like a fine path to me!

My intuition got me this far along the path and thank fucking god it was not my intellectuality. IMO thats the more difficult path but it still comes to the same place that all we're all just lil drops of water in an infinite ocean.

and like i said before im only taking this nonduality shit so far. yes my thoughts are dead and so i guess that makes "me" dead... but my intuition tells me the best thing to do is to take this already dead carcass and use all these precious moments to live life fully every single second of every single day whether its a fucking illusion or not.....
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2011, 03:31 PM   #1055
lonestar
Inactive

Quote:
“The only beauty that lasts is the beauty of the Heart.” – Rumi

source: http://www.hridaya-yoga.com/hridaya/hridaya.html
thanks for this link!
Old 31-12-2011, 03:56 PM   #1056
lonestar
Inactive

Quote:
where attention goes, energy flows!
right like how we percieve the thoughts that we have projected on the thing. great stuff EVERYONE! and have a great new year!
Old 31-12-2011, 04:25 PM   #1057
hierophant

happy new year, unity conscies
Old 31-12-2011, 05:04 PM   #1058
anders lindman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
That sounds like a fine path to me!

My intuition got me this far along the path and thank fucking god it was not my intellectuality. IMO thats the more difficult path but it still comes to the same place that all we're all just lil drops of water in an infinite ocean.

and like i said before im only taking this nonduality shit so far. yes my thoughts are dead and so i guess that makes "me" dead... but my intuition tells me the best thing to do is to take this already dead carcass and use all these precious moments to live life fully every single second of every single day whether its a fucking illusion or not.....
If your thoughts feel dead you may be stuck in old mind patterns that lack novelty. Here is Terence McKenna talking about novelty etc:

I strongly suspect the nonduality teachers are stuck in an even more rigid mind pattern that goes something like this: "I am the unaffected observer." And they are totally fooling themselves! This is easy to spot by the mechanical behaviour of the spiritual teachers.
Old 31-12-2011, 05:10 PM   #1059
anders lindman

Unity consciousness includes the ability to plug into a larger mind, a unity mind. The nonduality teachers have completely opaque and disconnected minds it seems, just like the rest of us in duality consciousness, so so much for their unity consciousness.

A crude but good analogy that could be worth repeating is that the mind in duality consciousness is like a standalone computer disconnected from the Internet and a mind in unity consciousness is like a computer connected to the Internet.
Old 31-12-2011, 05:15 PM   #1060
serpentine

I would say it's more to do with direct perception than what the mind thinks it sees.

This is not an easy topic but I'm reminded with fondness of the difference between the Tonal and the Nagual as explained to the narrator in chapter 2 book two of Castenada's Tales of Power.

Last edited by serpentine; 31-12-2011 at 05:16 PM.
serpentine is offline   Reply With Quote