Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Global Awakening

Old 10-10-2011, 02:40 PM   #61
serpentine

What's all this nonsense about "us" and "we" ?
serpentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 03:26 PM   #62
anders lindman

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentine View Post
It's from the title of this thread: Let us enter unity consciousness.
anders lindman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 03:26 PM   #63
jconnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentine View Post
I am unenlightened.

Please explain what you mean?
jconnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:05 PM   #64
anders lindman

Maybe instead of we I should start with me, since if the result of dropping the ego isn't unity consciousness but a meltdown of the brain, then that would be pretty dangerous.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:07 PM   #65
verndewd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyecontact View Post
We better do that! Otherwise when the system falls. The freedom will tear us apart! Cus nobody knows what to do with it, once we got it.
bravo!!

freedom without accord is useless and destructive.
verndewd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:25 PM   #66
anders lindman

The main obstacle to unity consciousness is that the ego consciousness needs to be discarded. And when we are in ego consciousness that becomes very confusing, because how to discard the content of one's own mind?

A gradual approach is to test it bit by bit. Drop small worries about the future and see what happens. That's a truly scientific approach and it's a safe way of testing if there really is some truth to the possibility of abandoning the ego.

In practice it can be difficult to drop just one small worry. In that case drop all worries, but only for brief periods of times. That's also a safe approach.

Last edited by anders lindman; 10-10-2011 at 06:26 PM.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:43 PM   #67
verndewd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders Lindman View Post
The main obstacle to unity consciousness is that the ego consciousness needs to be discarded. And when we are in ego consciousness that becomes very confusing, because how to discard the content of one's own mind?

A gradual approach is to test it bit by bit. Drop small worries about the future and see what happens. That's a truly scientific approach and it's a safe way of testing if there really is some truth to the possibility of abandoning the ego.

In practice it can be difficult to drop just one small worry. In that case drop all worries, but only for brief periods of times. That's also a safe approach.
its not an obstacle its a valuable tool. ego only persists in its lower form when not called to beacted upon by infinite light. you should never abandon the ego but transform it with your infinite source. ego transformed is a unique identity.

Last edited by verndewd; 10-10-2011 at 06:43 PM.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:52 PM   #68
anders lindman

Quote:
Originally Posted by verndewd View Post
its not an obstacle its a valuable tool. ego only persists in its lower form when not called to beacted upon by infinite light. you should never abandon the ego but transform it with your infinite source. ego transformed is a unique identity.
I have been thinking of the ego as an eggshell. The eggshell is absolutely needed during development, but then the eggshell has to be broken.

And the ego is a false perspective in the belief of total separation. So my current guess is that the ego consciousness has to be replaced. To transform the ego probably leads to the same end result. But I don't agree that the ego should remain. That would be like having pieces of the eggshell remaining on a hatched chick.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:18 PM   #69
anders lindman

There is either ego consciousness or unity consciousness. Yet entering unity consciousness can probably be done gradually. It's like being dressed or being naked. You can either be dressed or naked, but not both at the same time. However, you can take off your clothes garment by garment. Similarly, the ego shell can be dismantled bit by bit. Here is a practice that I will try:

Unity Consciousness Meditation

Decide that your will drop all your personal problems for some period of time. Start for example with only for a few seconds. The meditation is to be mindful of your thoughts and drop all thoughts that are about problems for that period of time. Repeat the meditation with different time spans; seconds, minutes, hours, days etc.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:23 PM   #70
verndewd
Banned

Quote:
I have been thinking of the ego as an eggshell. The eggshell is absolutely needed during development, but then the eggshell has to be broken.

And the ego is a false perspective in the belief of total separation. So my current guess is that the ego consciousness has to be replaced. To transform the ego probably leads to the same end result. But I don't agree that the ego should remain. That would be like having pieces of the eggshell remaining on a hatched chick.
Why is it you are intent on mistaking what i say and asserting that mistake as truth? Did I not say transforming the ego with light? transformed becomes identity? if youre going to read and respond at least apply some understanding.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:28 PM   #71
anders lindman

Quote:
Why is it you are intent on mistaking what i say and asserting that mistake as truth? Did I not say transforming the ego with light? transformed becomes identity? if youre going to read and respond at least apply some understanding.
You wrote that the ego persists. I think that's a mistake. Most if not all spiritual teachers I have heard say that their ego is gone. They could be mistaken yet there is some truth to that. It of course depends of what we mean by ego. As I have used the term here the ego means a false belief in being a separate agent.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:28 PM   #72
eyecontact

Not sure about ego being an obstacle or an eggshell. I'm not strong at this stuff talked on this forum, all this mayan, waves, dimensions, teachings. It seems complicated to me, and i don't feel the way people feel about this things.

I just want to do the right thing, And stop lying to others and myself, and face the consequences. Because there is a reason, that i am afraid of expressing what i feel is right.

And my greatest obstacle is FEAR! that blocks me of attaining self knowledge. I feel that this is the way for me to attain it, by doing what is necessary to overcome it.

Last edited by eyecontact; 10-10-2011 at 07:32 PM.
eyecontact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:35 PM   #73
verndewd
Banned

Quote:
Not sure about ego being an obstacle or an eggshell. I'm not strong at this stuff talked on this forum, all this mayan, waves, dimensions, teachings. It seems complicated to me, and i don't feel the way people feel about this things.

I just want to do the right thing, And stop lying to others and myself, and face the consequences. Because there is a reason, that i am afraid of expressing what i feel is right.

And my greatest obstacle is FEAR! that blocks me of attaining self knowledge. I feel that this is the way for me to attain it, by doing what is necessary to overcome it.
its simple, just ask your infinite being to manifest. I think you have a decent outlook on it. keep it simple because it is and intend to do right. Thats all you need. your infinite consciousness can work well in that environment.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:35 PM   #74
anders lindman

Quote:

And my greatest obstacle is FEAR! that blocks me of attaining self knowledge. I feel that this is the way for me to attain it.
But one thing is certain, the ego creates fear! Huge amounts of fear. And if we would experience ourselves as the totality in motion there would not be any fear. Only the ego who believes itself as a separate fragment creates fear. Easy in theory!

Here is Adyashanti talking about fear:

Old 10-10-2011, 07:36 PM   #75
verndewd
Banned

Quote:
You wrote that the ego persists. I think that's a mistake. Most if not all spiritual teachers I have heard say that their ego is gone. They could be mistaken yet there is some truth to that. It of course depends of what we mean by ego. As I have used the term here the ego means a false belief in being a separate agent.
Most all spiritual teachers are liars. You know what I wrote and intended and youre perverting my meaning.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:56 PM   #76
anders lindman

Quote:
Most all spiritual teachers are liars. You know what I wrote and intended and youre perverting my meaning.
You wrote "ego only persists in its lower form...". Now on I second thought I don't even know what that means. Is there a higher form of ego?
Old 10-10-2011, 08:16 PM   #77
verndewd
Banned

Quote:
You wrote "ego only persists in its lower form...". Now on I second thought I don't even know what that means. Is there a higher form of ego?
yes there is. its a perfect balance of self description and infinite light. in lower forms where the infinite isnt called to transform it it exists and persists in a negatively selfish manner. The ego is a crucial part of the merging infinite with finite. But the infinite must be allowed to mould it as is befitting the process to the person.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:21 PM   #78
anders lindman

Another way of abandoning the ego is to move your conscious awareness away from the thoughts and into the body. This practice can also be done for a few seconds or longer periods of time. Here is Eckhart Tolle again talking about inner body awareness:

Old 10-10-2011, 08:28 PM   #79
anders lindman

Quote:
yes there is. its a perfect balance of self description and infinite light. in lower forms where the infinite isnt called to transform it it exists and persists in a negatively selfish manner. The ego is a crucial part of the merging infinite with finite. But the infinite must be allowed to mould it as is befitting the process to the person.
That sounds like an integral approach. Often an integral approach of both/and is better than an either/or. I haven't thought of unity consciousness in an integral way yet. Maybe I will need that later on.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:22 PM   #80
verndewd
Banned

Quote:
Another way of abandoning the ego is to move your conscious awareness away from the thoughts and into the body. This practice can also be done for a few seconds or longer periods of time. Here is Eckhart Tolle again talking about inner body awareness:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS2x7FEqoNA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS2x7FEqoNA
I am sorry anders but you are misleading people. we have ego for a reason , its there by design, but its meant to be a toolset for the transformation of the self. Its very dangerous for people to sacrifice ego thats what religion is based on. Your ego is needed to be s tern force against these low workings of mankind. The ego functions in part as the sword of truth. no ego no cutting edge to reveal the betrayers of real truth.