Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Health / Natural Healing / Therapies / Nutrition

Old 04-01-2016, 01:08 PM   #341
peabrain
Inactive

Yeah walking is ,at least for me the best form of exercise, my dogs love it as well. so all good.

I've managed to maintain a steady, healthy weight for my height combining walking and eating healthily.
peabrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 04:20 PM   #342
surfsteve

I think the right amount of constructive exercise is good and that it depends upon the condition of the person. When I was young and in shape I could easily ride 40 to 60 miles a day on my bicycle though now any more than 5 or 10 miles is all I could easily do. They say running one mile is the equivalent of cycling 3 or 4 miles but I disagree. At least for myself it seemed more like 1 to at least 5 perhaps as much as 10 miles. Maybe 3 or 4 walking but running the same distance stresses my body a lot more than cycling at the same intensity.

If there is a person that can easily run a marathon, which I find hard to imagine, I suppose it would be beneficial but that is in all likelihood less than one in a billion people and even then they would undoubtedly have to cut that distance down with time and age to maintain their health. For the rest of us living in the real world the amount of running or exercise that is beneficial is much much less and trying to do more is only damaging our bodies.

I only raced competitive cycling for less than 2 years but nearly always remained active afterwards which is probably the reason I never had to have any knee replacements or anything like that. I also never pushed myself to maximum, even while in a race back then. Hopefully I didn't damage anything from running new years day and that it's only going to set me back a week or so. I would have to say that running is OK as long as it feels good. For me that is a fast walk or a slow jog with a few occasional bursts lasting from a few seconds to no longer than a minute not to exceed a few miles.

One final thought that's been on my mind. When I raced competitively in my late teens, I never took any supplements. I did eat a vegetarian diet but consumed lots of wheat and junk food. Sometimes I wonder if all the supplements I take are nothing more than expensive placebos. I don't believe they are and I think it's important to take them as long as I continue with that belief, which is based upon everything I read, think I know and feel...
Old 05-01-2016, 04:34 AM   #343
jikwan
Inactive

i havnt read any of the thread----its the title.....not designed to run that bothers me

this video will blow your mind......runners doing 600km (435 miles) non stop in 48hrs plus barefoot is the
only way to run and more

The Tarahumara - A Hidden Tribe of Superathletes Born to Run

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnwIKZhrdt4

Last edited by jikwan; 05-01-2016 at 09:39 AM.
jikwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 03:47 PM   #344
surfsteve

Our ability to walk and run on 2 legs over long distances, carry supplies and weapons, process information and communicate, gives us a unique advantage for this whether it be as hunter gatherers or domesticating producers. We weren't designed specifically to run but we can do it quite well if we desire. If anything we were designed to adapt.