Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News > Finance

Old 05-10-2017, 06:24 PM   #1
surfer12

Default UK car sales slide for a sixth month in a row

UK car sales slide for a sixth month amid falling consumer confidence

Trade body blames Brexit uncertainty and confusion over air quality plans after sales of new diesel cars fall by more than a fifth...

New car sales in the UK fell for a sixth month in September, leaving the market on course for its first annual decline since 2011.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...ce-diesel-smmt
God is pure and does not approve of evil. The word "rah" (evil) in Hebrew does not mean evil in the moral sense. Contextually, when God speaks of creating evil, he is speaking of the calamities that he brings upon the enemies of his purpose.
surfer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 07:54 PM   #2
truthseeker1980

So it's Brexit uncertainty and confusion over air pollution.

Nothing at all to do with wages not increasing for 10 years and the evil Bank of England threatening a rise in interest rates.

They really must think we're stupid.
truthseeker1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 10:58 PM   #3
Andy_Mann

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthseeker1980 View Post
So it's Brexit uncertainty and confusion over air pollution.

Nothing at all to do with wages not increasing for 10 years and the evil Bank of England threatening a rise in interest rates.

They really must think we're stupid.
I don't think they think most people are stupid, they know most people are stupid!

A recent conversation with a mate, who has a used car sales lot, revealed this nugget, "We rely on the fact that most of our customers are not too bright!"
The vast majority of his punters only want to know "What are the weekly payments?", The APR or length of loan term are of no concern! I should imagine it's not too dissimilar in the new car sales game!

I find that a very disappointing state of affairs! ??
Andy_Mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 11:07 PM   #4
reverendjim
Inactive

UK car sales slide for a sixth month in a row...

camels?
reverendjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 07:30 AM   #5
the apprentice
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverendjim View Post
UK car sales slide for a sixth month in a row...

camels?
I prefer to be be chauffer driven, by bus that is, I went to the next town last week for seven quid return, now that is cheap, if I had to drive it would cost more than that in fuel and I would still have to pay another 3 quid for parking, then still have to walk half a mile to my destination, the bus dropped me right off where I wanted to be.
I know its a lot harder living in a village on the outskirts today but there are still plenty of charity busses around here if your retired, the one the next door neighbour uses is only half of what I pay on the bus.

These austere times has begun to build community in so many ways.
the apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 09:21 AM   #6
reverendjim
Inactive

in canada it only works in the cities. and its still over priced and so inefficient they want people to use it it but they want big profits. they dont see it as basic infrastructure. and town to town? lol...they haven't thought that far yet...except in the annapolis valley. its not great either.
reverendjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 09:48 AM   #7
techman

I really don't know how so many people, particularly in the UK, can even afford to own a car and run it considering that most people (the normal people you know that are just average joes on normal wages, not some managing director earning cuckoo land money) can barely make ends meet week in week out with things like shopping, bills, etc. I know some people who ask others to lend them £20 for shopping lol, yet these people are running a car. They shouldn't be able to run a car if they have to borrow a measly 20 quid off of a relative for their shopping because they can't get paid til end of the month.

Speaking of new cars. Why do so many feel the need to buy a brand spanking new motor from a new car sales centre, when they could easily buy a decent 2nd hand motor with decent mileage and service history, etc, all for around a few grand?. Haven't they got 2 grand spare lying around?. It's the whole "keeping up with the Jones's nextdoor" syndrome, where people feel they need to have the latest new car, and one that's 10 years old is frowned upon for some reason. The status symbol culture.

Granted there are some people I've come across who seem to be doing fantastically well - financial speaking, but they're mostly in the tiny minority.
techman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 12:29 PM   #8
the apprentice
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverendjim View Post
in canada it only works in the cities. and its still over priced and so inefficient they want people to use it it but they want big profits. they dont see it as basic infrastructure. and town to town? lol...they haven't thought that far yet...except in the annapolis valley. its not great either.
Before I stoped working for someone else I always a keen advocate of car sharing, when I worked as a tech for a local motorcycle dealer in the next town I took two other guys from my home town who also worked there to work come rain or shine, charged them a tenner each a week which paid for my fuel and road licence fee, same when I was in the military in Southern England, I bought a small mini van and brought several different guys up North at the weekends, same price a tenner each, same policy it paid for my fuel for the entire weekend and the insurance.

I could easily afford a car and know how to maintain its myself, but I save thousands a year by not having one, when I did have one I tended to find places to go even though I never needed to.

Folks simply dont know how to share and save transport these days.

Last edited by the apprentice; 06-10-2017 at 12:29 PM.
Old 06-10-2017, 12:29 PM   #9
madbomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by techman View Post
I really don't know how so many people, particularly in the UK, can even afford to own a car and run it considering that most people (the normal people you know that are just average joes on normal wages, not some managing director earning cuckoo land money) can barely make ends meet week in week out with things like shopping, bills, etc. I know some people who ask others to lend them £20 for shopping lol, yet these people are running a car. They shouldn't be able to run a car if they have to borrow a measly 20 quid off of a relative for their shopping because they can't get paid til end of the month.

Speaking of new cars. Why do so many feel the need to buy a brand spanking new motor from a new car sales centre, when they could easily buy a decent 2nd hand motor with decent mileage and service history, etc, all for around a few grand?. Haven't they got 2 grand spare lying around?. It's the whole "keeping up with the Jones's nextdoor" syndrome, where people feel they need to have the latest new car, and one that's 10 years old is frowned upon for some reason. The status symbol culture.

Granted there are some people I've come across who seem to be doing fantastically well - financial speaking, but they're mostly in the tiny minority.
I've never bought a new car. You're right, you can buy a good second-hand vehicle for much less and, providing you know what you're doing, you're much better off. I know next-to-nothing about cars but when I bought a second-hand VW for the missus a few years ago, I paid a mechanic friend to come with me and give it the once over before I bought it. Best of all, there was still a pretty decent warranty period left and VW allows a transfer of this at sale.
Old 06-10-2017, 05:15 PM   #10
sparkplug

Brexit! Blame it all on Brexit! Brexit is the new bogey man.

I would say it's more to do with people waiting to see what will happen with Diesel engines over here in the UK.

In the US Volkswagen got fined a bucket load of money, yet here in the UK we aren't getting anything. Strange that...
sparkplug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 07:22 PM   #11
the apprentice
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkplug View Post
Brexit! Blame it all on Brexit! Brexit is the new bogey man.

I would say it's more to do with people waiting to see what will happen with Diesel engines over here in the UK.

In the US Volkswagen got fined a bucket load of money, yet here in the UK we aren't getting anything. Strange that...
That is because there is future profits to be made from pollution tax, this just shows that the enviromentalists don't care a hoot about people, just money for old rope and rhetoric.
Old 09-10-2017, 10:36 AM   #12
techman

The solution to just relying on public transport like buses to commute just doesn't work, mainly on certain days the buses are crammed full of people during busy periods, where there's some old dude taking up space in his hi tech electronically controlled wheel chair, even though he's only going down the road, and this creates annoyance with mums with prams or other wheelchair bound persons who can't get on because the knobhead driver won't allow more than one despite enough room. Go to town on a sat morning and you'll see how busy the local bus will be, with the majority being old people who've left the car at home and used the bus because it's free for them.

I've noticed the rise in public transport using electric, or rather hybrid diesel/electric, and now there are electric ambulances with pumps outside the depot.

And speaking of fuel, but dosent prince Charles run his Aston Martin on some biofuel (grapefruit?)?. If any normal person were to do that - successfully, they'd be pulled over by the law in a flash and they'd be prosecuted for not paying for petrol lol, yet Charles can do it.

Last edited by techman; 09-10-2017 at 10:41 AM.
techman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 11:01 AM   #13
the apprentice
Inactive

Public transport is still a fairly reliable way to travel, last week I went to the next town and saw no evidence of conjection, admittedly the drivers do not help mothers with prams like they used to, due to the health and safety issues now rearing their ugly heads, so the public have already stepped in to help by helping the mother with her pram while she dealt with the child, we are all supposed to help each other not moan about the state of the public transport.
Many companies spend millions of survailance inside these vehicles in stead of better busses, our world has been automated to the point where the technology has stopped it from working properly, there is no susbstitute for people power and nothing else will ever replace it in my view.
Old 11-10-2017, 02:08 PM   #14
bamboozooka

also the new car tax prices for new cars came in this year, making it not worth buying until a car is 1 yr old.
bamboozooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 02:45 PM   #15
the apprentice
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboozooka View Post
also the new car tax prices for new cars came in this year, making it not worth buying until a car is 1 yr old.
Soon you will see cars made in India and China, here is a jovial but timely reminder of the planned de-industrialization of the West.

They want you to be happy you see.

Old 18-10-2017, 08:17 PM   #16
Bluebottle
Premier Subscribers

I run three cars (ok, one is my sons), I budget £XXX per annum for repairs/maintenance and £XXX for tax/insurance etc. Last year I worked out that my 'main' car, with all the toys, leather, climate, etc, cost less that two months PCP payments on some souless oriental low range el cheapo tin box to keep on the road. My other car (a sports car) cost less to buy, repair, tax and insure for three years than one guy at work spent on the 'pre-hire' costs of his tin box in the first year.
Financially, buying new doesn't add up at all nowadays and many are questioning why they should get into more debt over something that, as soon as it leaves the garage, is worth at least 20% less than ticket price. My Mum has a 21 year old runaround with 38,000 miles on it; she kept getting pestered to buy a new runaround (until I slightly forceably 'had a word' with dickhead salesman in his showroom one day) but she won't as her car is fine.
Brexit has sod all to do with the downturn in the UK - there are too many cars chasing too few buyers with the ready cash or credit available.
Bluebottle is offline   Reply With Quote