Banned

Tony's a good lad, we go back a ways.
grandmasterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 04:13 PM   #22
truthspoon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by opas23 View Post
An excellent book indeed from Grandpa Tony.

Have you read the other version of it with the interviews near the back?

Mint!
Uhuh.

I do believe in enlightenment. Though there are two kinds, a fake Luciferian enlightenment which is a king of quickening of the senses and is frequently practiced by occult groups and esoteric masonry.

The REAL enlightenment however is simply knowing that your soul is eternal and that you when you die you will return home.

This isn't faith based, it's knowledge and experience based.

You may ask 'how can you know what death is when still alive?'

Well, there are ways.....

Last edited by truthspoon; 23-01-2013 at 04:13 PM.
truthspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 04:18 PM   #23
grandmasterp
Banned

You'd need to read the pamphlet.
Only takes half an hour or so.
It's a good call, but each to their own.
Both pro and con merchants on the Enlightenment issue get a sweet living from it and Tony's one of the nicer and more plausible of the system sellers.
At ten pounds a head on the door he's not robbing anybody and he's definitely not out to convince or convert anybody, just telling it like he sees it.

Last edited by grandmasterp; 23-01-2013 at 04:18 PM.
Old 23-01-2013, 04:26 PM   #24
truthspoon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmasterp View Post
You'd need to read the pamphlet.
Only takes half an hour or so.
It's a good call, but each to their own.
Both pro and con merchants on the Enlightenment issue get a sweet living from it and Tony's one of the nicer and more plausible of the system sellers.
At ten pounds a head on the door he's not robbing anybody and he's definitely not out to convince or convert anybody, just telling it like he sees it.
I'm wary of extra-large fonts. It's a lazy way for writers to make it look they've written a whole book and/or a suspicion that they imagine their readers are either partially sighted or not smart enough to read normally formatted text.

I'll read a chunk of text but I'm not trawling through pages and pages of PDF hunting for gems which may not even be there.
Old 23-01-2013, 04:32 PM   #25
grandmasterp
Banned

The print copy of the 'book' is a blast, only printed on one side of each page , looks like a book but in actual fact it's just a pamphlet. Half of the content is blank white space.
Somebody tackled Tony about that once and he just chuckled and replied...
'You must make of that what you will, it could be profound, or it might not be'.
Top lad.
Old 23-01-2013, 05:35 PM   #26
lonestar
Inactive

let me just say that for me it has never been so easy as just reading a book from someone like ekhart tolle (or tony parsons) and understanding the power of now. i know its easy for some, and i now believe them, but im still fighting some demons.

in fact a lot of this enlightenment process for me has been a bitch. i have never been satisfied with society and im about the opposite of the status quo, and all i really want is a better world for my kids. so working not just on my self awareness but also self acceptance has been heartbreaking for me sometimes....

and realizing not just my own limitations but seeing them in everyone else has been frightening to me lately. the only reason im even still on this freakin path is because i know in my heart that this process is a good investment and can help society.

but my mind hates the idea. lol training my mind to get out of the illusion can feel very disillusioning....painful....shit going from the mind to the heart makes my life (in the moment) feel even more intensified. my big ego (and like i just said in another thread: you need a big ego to think you can pull this off lol ) but my big ego fears and hates this process and it take a lot of courage for some one like me.

lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 05:57 PM   #27
hierophant

Default sidenote on tony parsons

tony's a bit of a grey eminence in radical advaita.

it's impressive how many people refer to tony as one of their "teachers" or even the most important one: roger linden, richard sylvester, nathan gill, guy smith, leo hartong, jan kersschot, lisa cairns, to name a few... i find this quite a testimony!
hierophant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 06:09 PM   #28
hierophant

thanks for posting the open secret again, grandmasterp. never got round to read it, but this morning i did, and guess what, it's deeply resonating with me. a really beautiful book
hierophant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 10:27 AM   #29
opas23

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
training my mind to get out of the illusion can feel very disillusioning....painful....shit
Wherever have you got the notion that you have to train your mind?

lonestar, I've said it many many times, and at the risk of sounding like a 'droning' parrot repeating the same simple statement over and over again: the pain and the shit will be a certainty if you're trying to train your mind to get out of something you think your in!

WTF!

Opas23 slowly reaches for the zen stick again...
opas23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 11:12 AM   #30
equinoxboy

Quote:
Wherever have you got the notion that you have to train your mind?

lonestar, I've said it many many times, and at the risk of sounding like a 'droning' parrot repeating the same simple statement over and over again: the pain and the shit will be a certainty if you're trying to train your mind to get out of something you think your in!

WTF!

Opas23 slowly reaches for the zen stick again...
Maybe, but each of us have to go through our own journey. I know that I spent some time going through the process that Lonestar is describing. Further, I feel that Lonestar does us all a service by talking about what he is going through. Have you ever climbed a mountain and spent hours striving for the peak, only to reach it and find that it has been obscuring the real summit, still a long way off?

I know you'll keep climbing, Lonestar. Take in the view of where you've come from, while you catch your breath for the next ascent.

Love
equinoxboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 12:55 PM   #31
opas23

Quote:
Originally Posted by equinoxboy View Post
...I feel that Lonestar does us all a service by talking about what he is going through. Have you ever climbed a mountain and spent hours striving for the peak, only to reach it and find that it has been obscuring the real summit, still a long way off?
Hello equinoxboy,

Yes we all share in our insight on here and help each other as much as we can, so I'm always grateful for the sense of community here.

One thing which is repeatedly shared here but never really considered is the whole idea of striving and becoming and climbing and reaching and searching may be the very thing which perpetuates the ongoing discontent and pain.

For some people, hearing the message that there's no need to climb that mountain or try harder or forgive their Mother or open their chakras or drop their ego etc., seems to make them try even harder at doing those very same things thereby reinforcing the whole perceived problem.

Namaste.
Old 24-01-2013, 02:51 PM   #32
equinoxboy

Quote:
Hello equinoxboy,

Yes we all share in our insight on here and help each other as much as we can, so I'm always grateful for the sense of community here.

One thing which is repeatedly shared here but never really considered is the whole idea of striving and becoming and climbing and reaching and searching may be the very thing which perpetuates the ongoing discontent and pain.

For some people, hearing the message that there's no need to climb that mountain or try harder or forgive their Mother or open their chakras or drop their ego etc., seems to make them try even harder at doing those very same things thereby reinforcing the whole perceived problem.

Namaste.
We have to come to that realisation on our own, though, I think. Not that I want you to stop sharing your wisdom. Looking at things from your perspective could be the catalyst for realisation. We all ARE, wherever we are. There is beauty to be found on the highest peak and the valley floor.

Love
Old 24-01-2013, 05:03 PM   #33
lonestar
Inactive

all valid points from you guys

and something else i will share with you my friends, is how vulnerable im feeling right now. it sucks, but you have expose yourself to others to help you see your own flaws. and thats why i share your views of how awesome this community is. something i have been working on the past few weeks is cleaning out my multi personalities. lol we all have them. i act a certain way with my wife, with my kids, my homeboys, my parents with you guys on here, but thats way too much baggage. way too many lies. we all lies so much. (and if you are thinking that you dont lie to yourself right now, than thats a lie! lol anyway we all lie so much....and im not talking about little white lies like i tell my wife, but the fucking huge constant lying that we all do to ourselves on a daily basis.

but its by expressing ourselves with each other like here on DI, that helps expose them. but yes its ultimately up to us alone to figure all this out.

Last edited by lonestar; 24-01-2013 at 05:05 PM.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 05:05 PM   #34
opas23

Quote:
We have to come to that realisation on our own, though, I think. Not that I want you to stop sharing your wisdom. Looking at things from your perspective could be the catalyst for realisation. We all ARE, wherever we are. There is beauty to be found on the highest peak and the valley floor.

Love
Yes, usually through trying so hard to be exactly where we are, seems to cause a kind of collapse or exhaustion, and everything drops and falls flat on the ground of this as it is.
Old 24-01-2013, 05:17 PM   #35
opas23

Default Persona/Mask

Quote:
...cleaning out my multi personalities. lol we all have them. i act a certain way with my wife, with my kids, my homeboys, my parents with you guys on here
Makes you wonder which one is actually you doesn't it?

Or put another way: who is it exactly, which wears these masks?

The key word in your above quote might be the word 'act'.
Old 24-01-2013, 06:19 PM   #36
equinoxboy

Quote:
Yes, usually through trying so hard to be exactly where we are, seems to cause a kind of collapse or exhaustion, and everything drops and falls flat on the ground of this as it is.
I used to view nervous breakdown as something disastrous. Now, I realise that we give ourselves opportunities to be our true selves and nervous breakdown is sometimes a necessary way of dismantling the walls we build around ourselves. Lonestar talks about the images we create for ourselves (and are sometimes imposed on us by others; families have the clever one, the adventurous one, the funny one, the black sheep, on which they all project one aspect of themselves), based on who we are with. These are all bricks in the wall. We can dismantle the wall the we have built through a lifetime of conditioning, or have it torn from us in the excoriation of nervous breakdown. To do it with intent takes honesty and will bring moments when we see new vistas which greatly expend our perspectives. In the early days, these may fool our cloistered minds into thinking we know all the answers. I've had a few "messiah moments".

I know the wall is an illusion, because it cannot be seen by others on the outside. Seeing it's an illusion is a beginning. When we talk about striving, it's only hard work if you don't want to do it. If you do, it's a joy.

Love
Old 24-01-2013, 07:08 PM   #37
opas23

Quote:
...bring moments when we see new vistas which greatly expend our perspectives. In the early days, these may fool our cloistered minds into thinking we know all the answers. I've had a few "messiah moments".
Yes exactly, and in this way, the initial so called awakening can be even more of a distraction, because it seems to cause more seeking to happen when it fades.

When we get down from the roof tops we're shouting from, a normalization or neutral and gentle wow fills our every day and normal life.

There seems to be absolutely no difference what so ever when compared to an apparent 'before'.

And yet, everything seems transformed into an obvious immanence of what was always there.

We may wonder at how this always present and hidden by it's own obviousness could ever have been missed, but it doesn't matter as the universe sings it's constant invitation to all, and denies no one.

Namaste.
Old 24-01-2013, 07:23 PM   #38
tnt1

Enlightenment-defined.

Enlightenment is knowing that when our leaders tell us one thing they mean another. It is knowing that although 2% of our world is actually negative the media, which is covering only a small fragment of the earth at any given time for news, simply exploits and magnifies the negative news to inflate the events such that everyone within their field of influence has an emotional reaction to it. This manipulation of our energies, our emotions and our focus is ongoing and many of the unawakeed sheeple as they are called are simply members of the herd. Too asleep to notice that when a mass child molester such as Saville is suddenly discovered and revealed only after his death that it means he was protected. In fact we know that don't we!? But the sheeple they do not know it and would have rejected it off hand just as they did about Heath and others when David Icke pointed it out. Enlightenment is knowing that when you are best buds with the Prince and providing children to molest and abuse to the PM and others that it means they are protected from harm by the very ones they are friends with.

This fact is why we call it enlightened vs unenlightened. Like anything we must seek balance even for enlightenent. Too much light and what happens? You are blinded, and as blind as if it was pitch black dark are you not? Yes so enlightenment is also knowing balance. Knowing harmony just as the planets know harmony singing their universal tune as they vibe in space. It is only when balance and harmony are achieved that true peace is attained. It is not called a happy medium by chance or accident. With the correct balance of light and dark we find peace and only by seeking it do you find it. This is enlightenment in a nut shell descriptor in my opinion. Of course it goes into many other areas of life. As a one sentence descriptor I'd have to say that enlightenment is seeing with ancient eyes.

Last edited by tnt1; 24-01-2013 at 07:24 PM.
tnt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 07:32 PM   #39
grandmasterp
Banned

Quote:
all valid points from you guys

and something else i will share with you my friends, is how vulnerable im feeling right now. it sucks, but you have expose yourself to others to help you see your own flaws. and thats why i share your views of how awesome this community is. something i have been working on the past few weeks is cleaning out my multi personalities. lol we all have them. i act a certain way with my wife, with my kids, my homeboys, my parents with you guys on here, but thats way too much baggage. way too many lies. we all lies so much. (and if you are thinking that you dont lie to yourself right now, than thats a lie! lol anyway we all lie so much....and im not talking about little white lies like i tell my wife, but the fucking huge constant lying that we all do to ourselves on a daily basis.

Cognitive dissonance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

but its by expressing ourselves with each other like here on DI, that helps expose them. but yes its ultimately up to us alone to figure all this out.

Be well and be lucky buddy, hope things turn round for ya over there.
Old 24-01-2013, 08:23 PM   #40
truthspoon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnt1 View Post
Enlightenment-defined.

Enlightenment is knowing that when our leaders tell us one thing they mean another. It is knowing that although 2% of our world is actually negative the media, which is covering only a small fragment of the earth at any given time for news, simply exploits and magnifies the negative news to inflate the events such that everyone within their field of influence has an emotional reaction to it. This manipulation of our energies, our emotions and our focus is ongoing and many of the unawakeed sheeple as they are called are simply members of the herd. Too asleep to notice that when a mass child molester such as Saville is suddenly discovered and revealed only after his death that it means he was protected. In fact we know that don't we!? But the sheeple they do not know it and would have rejected it off hand just as they did about Heath and others when David Icke pointed it out. Enlightenment is knowing that when you are best buds with the Prince and providing children to molest and abuse to the PM and others that it means they are protected from harm by the very ones they are friends with.

This fact is why we call it enlightened vs unenlightened. Like anything we must seek balance even for enlightenent. Too much light and what happens? You are blinded, and as blind as if it was pitch black dark are you not? Yes so enlightenment is also knowing balance. Knowing harmony just as the planets know harmony singing their universal tune as they vibe in space. It is only when balance and harmony are achieved that true peace is attained. It is not called a happy medium by chance or accident. With the correct balance of light and dark we find peace and only by seeking it do you find it. This is enlightenment in a nut shell descriptor in my opinion. Of course it goes into many other areas of life. As a one sentence descriptor I'd have to say that enlightenment is seeing with ancient eyes.

By my definition I disagree.

Knowing and brooding on this stuff will only decrease your light.

Enlightenment is about inner radiance.

Being positive with joy and photonic love for the very fact of existence.

Children are born already fully enlightened. They're fresh from the source.

However it is the experience of life which decreases their radiance.

It's just a question of hanging on to,or remembering, what you had.

Last edited by truthspoon; 24-01-2013 at 08:24 PM.