Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > David Icke: Research & Media > David Icke's books

Old 01-08-2017, 07:01 AM   #1
gingerstallone
Premier Subscribers

Default Best book for Mythic Comparison

Can anyone point me in the right direction for David's best or most comprehensive book for his research and analysis of the reptilian (evil) forces? I seem to remember some work that suggests evidence of this in many different ancient religions such as the gnostics and I would like to find it again. Any info greatfully recieved.
gingerstallone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 08:21 AM   #2
cosmic tramp

They're all worth looking at but "Biggest Secret" is his best one for me, covers the broadest area.
cosmic tramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 09:09 AM   #3
oz93666

I agree DI's best book on this is the Biggest Secret ...but understanding has developed greatly since this was written 20 years ago ... every government whistleblower talks about the reps ... these are not a myth but an ET group , dugin in bases on Earth, moon, mars , and in space , for an upto date picture see many excellent videos on kerry cassidy youtube channel and those posted here in the rep section
oz93666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 11:10 AM   #4
gingerstallone
Premier Subscribers

Default Mythic existence

Im really interested in the storys and myths that these beings have existed in according to David...
gingerstallone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 03:26 PM   #5
decode reality
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerstallone View Post
Can anyone point me in the right direction for David's best or most comprehensive book for his research and analysis of the reptilian (evil) forces? I seem to remember some work that suggests evidence of this in many different ancient religions such as the gnostics and I would like to find it again. Any info greatfully recieved.
My own personal suggestions would be to first look at the bibliographies of his books, and see what source material he has read on the subject.

I can't recall if these are works he's cited but I would also recommend reading the work of Joseph Campbell and people like him. He talks about the fact that 'myths' are metaphors for life situations, archetypes. I know Manly P. Hall has been one of his references.

However, one thing to be aware of is that when you see reptilian references in some cultures, they aren't all necessarily "evil"; the serpent can be a very positive symbol, or it's just something that neither has a 'good' nor 'bad' connotation. I don't think this is emphasised enough in David's work, when it's critiqued.

Secondly, animals and other objects from nature are often used in myths and religious stories as symbols and metaphors, not as literal beings or events. So when you check out the esoteric meaning of e.g Adam & Eve, the Samson story or Jonah and the whale, it means something far broader. They aren't literal events, they're metaphors.

Last edited by decode reality; 05-08-2017 at 05:13 PM.
decode reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 12:43 AM   #6
Davekyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by decode reality View Post
My own personal suggestions would be to first look at the bibliographies of his books, and see what source material he has read on the subject.

I can't recall if these are works he's cited but I would also recommend reading the work of Joseph Campbell and people like him. He talks about the fact that 'myths' are metaphors for life situations, archetypes. I know Manly P. Hall has been one of his references.

However, one thing to be aware of is that when you see reptilian references in some cultures, they aren't all necessarily "evil"; the serpent can be a very positive symbol, or it's just something that neither has a 'good' nor 'bad' connotation. I don't think this is emphasised enough in David's work, when it's critiqued.

Secondly, animals and other objects from nature are often used in myths and religious stories as symbols and metaphors, not as literal beings or events. So when you check out the esoteric meaning of e.g Adam & Eve, the Samson story or Jonah and the whale, it means something far broader. They aren't literal events, they're metaphors.
David Icke in a podcast I listened to yesterday denoted good and bad as one being more conscious than the other. A little different yet similar to the context your sharing here.

I too am sponging up a HEAP of mythology with all the elements as you describe above. The only way I am able to process is to not take everything in as literal beings or events. That said, my religious "Hard Core Evangelical Christian" upbringing and indoctrination can make it hard to stop taking everything as literal; despite my comprehension of Jesus's parables.

Something else I find the above advice useful for:
Focusing more on the esoteric meaning seems to require less need for evidence? Does that make sense? I find that is the case for me. It can be so easy to get lost in always being in need for evidence. My wife is always asking me "where is the evidence?" Sadly she does not seem to understand that I don't always require it in order to understand or have my insights tend one one or the another - or retract and expand.

Can be a head spin at times taking it all in I know I was spinning a little after giving Terence McKenna a few more goings over.

I will also give those books a read. TY.

Last edited by Davekyn; 06-08-2017 at 12:44 AM.
Davekyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 08:19 AM   #7
decode reality
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davekyn View Post
David Icke in a podcast I listened to yesterday denoted good and bad as one being more conscious than the other. A little different yet similar to the context your sharing here.

I too am sponging up a HEAP of mythology with all the elements as you describe above. The only way I am able to process is to not take everything in as literal beings or events. That said, my religious "Hard Core Evangelical Christian" upbringing and indoctrination can make it hard to stop taking everything as literal; despite my comprehension of Jesus's parables.

Something else I find the above advice useful for:
Focusing more on the esoteric meaning seems to require less need for evidence? Does that make sense? I find that is the case for me. It can be so easy to get lost in always being in need for evidence. My wife is always asking me "where is the evidence?" Sadly she does not seem to understand that I don't always require it in order to understand or have my insights tend one one or the another - or retract and expand.

Can be a head spin at times taking it all in I know I was spinning a little after giving Terence McKenna a few more goings over.

I will also give those books a read. TY.
Here's how I see it.

Metaphor and analogy are two of the key elements of poetry, and they're right brain hemisphere traits. The ancients often put things across in a poetic way. However, the way we're educated and the way that religion is taught is for the most part from a left brain approach, which explains why we're conditioned to view metaphors and analogies as literal.

This is why many people believe that a snake actually spoke to someone in a garden somewhere. Whereas when that story is re-examined, factoring in what's known about the reptilian part of our brain and its influence upon human behaviour, it finally makes sense, as a metaphor.

So if every instance where serpents and the like are mentioned in ancient literature or visual art is taken as being evidence of reptilian beings, it makes the same mistake as the religions have been making.
decode reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 09:24 AM   #8
Davekyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by decode reality View Post
Here's how I see it.

Metaphor and analogy are two of the key elements of poetry, and they're right brain hemisphere traits. The ancients often put things across in a poetic way. However, the way we're educated and the way that religion is taught is for the most part from a left brain approach, which explains why we're conditioned to view metaphors and analogies as literal.

This is why many people believe that a snake actually spoke to someone in a garden somewhere. Whereas when that story is re-examined, factoring in what's known about the reptilian part of our brain and its influence upon human behaviour, it finally makes sense, as a metaphor.

So if every instance where serpents and the like are mentioned in ancient literature or visual art is taken as being evidence of reptilian beings, it makes the same mistake as the religions have been making.
I wouldn't know. I am left handed and was unable to learn point blank.

Thanks for sharing that. I can see how that makes a lot of sense.
Davekyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2017, 05:06 PM   #9
JumpRogue

Put this in your library
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51D978AD-7A08-4FDA-9616-32D34AB4E0C9.jpg (16.9 KB, 7 views)
"That's all it is: information. Even a simulated experience or a dream; simultaneous reality and fantasy. Any way you look at it, all the information that a person accumulates in a lifetime is just a drop in the bucket."
JumpRogue is offline   Reply With Quote