Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat

Old 06-02-2019, 12:50 AM   #1
Prince_Arthur
Premier Subscribers

Exclamation Unilever Boycott

I would normally advise against posting whilst under the influence of alcohol - particularly in light of how the establishment control us with this potion - see Bacchus, Dionysus etc.

However, sometimes beer makes us irrational and angry so here goes....

I would like to propose a non-violent boycott of Unilever products in light of how colonialist W.Bro William Hesketh Lever exploited our fellow humans in the African Congo.

Fig 5 Lord Leverhulme by Prince Arthur, on Flickr

For reference see ‘Lord Leverhulme’s Ghosts – Colonial Exploitation in the Congo’ – Author Jules Marchal (first published 2008).

Lord Leverhulme certainly appears to have been a popular boss – his funeral was attended by 30,000 people – clearly a well respected man amongst his workforce and the community at large in the UK. (He is buried in the churchyard of Christ Church in Port Sunlight, Cheshire).

Fig 7 Lord Lever-mason-painting by Prince Arthur, on Flickr

However, Lord Leverhulme was a colonialist and exploiter of the worst sort and deserves no historic recognition.

Jules Marchal (1924-2004), a former diplomat in the Belgian Congo spent twenty years researching forced labour.

Fig 13 Lord Leverhulmes Ghosts Jules Marchal by Prince Arthur, on Flickr

In Marchal’s book, ‘Lord Leverhulme’s Ghosts – Colonial Exploitation in the Congo’, the back cover summary is as follows:

“In the early twentieth century, the worldwide rubber boom led British enterpreneur Lord Leverhulme to the Belgian Congo. Warmly welcomed by the murderous regime of King Leopold II, Leverhulme set up a private kingdom reliant on the horrific Belgian system of forced labor, a program that reduced the population of Congo by half and accounted for more deaths than the Nazi Holocaust. In this definitive, meticulously researched history, Jules Marchal exposes the nature of forced labor under Lord Leverhulme’s rule and the appalling conditions imposed upon the people of Congo. With an extensive introduction by Adam Hochschild, Lord Leverhulme’s Ghosts is an important and urgently needed account of a laboratory of colonial exploitation”.

Unilever recently threatened to re-locate to the Netherlands because of Brexit - well as far as I'm concerned they can piss off to Timbuktu (however they would exploit the local work force there as well). I suggest Unilever re-locate to Belgium and fester in the stench of the supposedly expired Holy Roman Empire.

Enlightened people - please vote with your feet and take a step towards re-balancing this world against the inequalities of global corporatism - tell Unilever to go else where....

See also

https://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=322545

https://pubastrology.com/new-world-o...of-the-garter/

https://pubastrology.files.wordpress...arter-v1_8.pdf
Prince_Arthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 01:31 AM   #2
quadrati

I get where your coming from. With the beer I mean. I only have the time to post when I have the time to drink beer.

Anyway.

As tragic as that is. There's lot of things that need boycotted.The things we enjoy and things that make our world go round are built on exploitation. The device you use to post your condemnation is probably built by low paid people. The clothes you wear are probably made in some sweatshop. Yeah, companies say they are all for fair practices. But they are all for profit. Some may be different. How the fuck would I know either way? The food you eat, the medicine you take, the car you drive or bus if you don't all need oil (and we all know the cost of that in human misery). If not to work then in the manufacturing process and ultimate delivery to us. The consumer.

No it's us that are the real guilty party. The consumer. We buy this shit. Propping up and enriching the very thing we condemn. People in the western world got sick of being exploited. And what happened? The industrialists found other mugs to do the work. It's time the Asians and Africans did the same. Maybe, hopefully, one day they will. But of course, the exploitation of people requires the cooperation of the leaders of the exploited. The guilt is widespread. Today the Chinese government are selling their own people out for trade. The western companies send their designs and materials over there on a promise of fair play. They even go out and inspect (all warned in advance though) and we (and you and I know it's not fair) buy the goods.

I don't even bother feeling bad now. What I can do is use alternative products where I'm not certain.
quadrati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 07:32 AM   #3
Prince_Arthur
Premier Subscribers

Default Broken Society

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadrati View Post
I get where your coming from. With the beer I mean. I only have the time to post when I have the time to drink beer.

Anyway.

As tragic as that is. There's lot of things that need boycotted.The things we enjoy and things that make our world go round are built on exploitation. The device you use to post your condemnation is probably built by low paid people. The clothes you wear are probably made in some sweatshop. Yeah, companies say they are all for fair practices. But they are all for profit. Some may be different. How the fuck would I know either way? The food you eat, the medicine you take, the car you drive or bus if you don't all need oil (and we all know the cost of that in human misery). If not to work then in the manufacturing process and ultimate delivery to us. The consumer.

No it's us that are the real guilty party. The consumer. We buy this shit. Propping up and enriching the very thing we condemn. People in the western world got sick of being exploited. And what happened? The industrialists found other mugs to do the work. It's time the Asians and Africans did the same. Maybe, hopefully, one day they will. But of course, the exploitation of people requires the cooperation of the leaders of the exploited. The guilt is widespread. Today the Chinese government are selling their own people out for trade. The western companies send their designs and materials over there on a promise of fair play. They even go out and inspect (all warned in advance though) and we (and you and I know it's not fair) buy the goods.

I don't even bother feeling bad now. What I can do is use alternative products where I'm not certain.
You are right - pretty much the whole of modern society is broken and built on exploitation.

Boycotting one company probably wouldn't make a jot of difference.

The dangers of posting whilst drinking beer............

https://pubastrology.com/new-world-o...of-the-garter/

https://pubastrology.files.wordpress...arter-v1_8.pdf
Prince_Arthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 07:38 AM   #4
quadrati

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Arthur View Post
You are right - pretty much the whole of modern society is broken and built on exploitation.

Boycotting one company probably wouldn't make a jot of difference.

The dangers of posting whilst drinking beer............
Not really a danger. More likely the truth.

I'm sure someone said that alcohol tells the truth. Might have been me or someone famous. I've no idea. I was probably drinking beer when I heard that. Or said it.

I'll give it a few minutes before I claim that quote.
I care not for what I say. It is the truth as I know it. As I witness the peaceful slaughter of my kinsfolk I will never apologise for my words. We do not come on this earth by choice, and I'll defend anyone who's needs are greater than mine, but we come here through our own free will.
quadrati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 06:06 PM   #5
monklink

Lightbulb also their products stink

I already boycotted them cos their products suck. Why can't you get washing powder that doesn't make you smell like a Tart's handbag? Turns out you can, but not from the supermarket (so I abandoned them too).
monklink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 07:35 PM   #6
zArk[ie]
Premier Subscribers

i dont buy unilever cause the evil ****s still torture animals when testing the products
zArk[ie] is offline   Reply With Quote