Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Consciousness / Meditation / Spirituality

Old 16-12-2018, 02:33 AM   #1
jmaf6556

Default Quotes About Self-Knowledge/Realization

Hi everyone, I'd like to share some helpful quotes about self-knowledge/realization that I put together:

"That inner Self, as the primeval spirit, eternal, ever effulgent, full and infinite Bliss, single, indivisible, whole and living, shines in everyone as the witnessing awareness. That Self in its splendour, shining in the cavity of the Heart as the subtle, pervasive yet unmanifest ether, illumines this universe like the sun....

I am the all-comprehensive witness, the indivisible, homogeneous Brahman, infinite, eternal, being itself, unbroken whole perfection, existence, eternal, pure, enlightened, liberated, and of supreme Bliss."
- Adi Shankara, Vivekachudamani

"Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?"
- Bible

"I and the Father are one."
- Jesus, Bible

"...the kingdom of God is within you."
- Jesus, Bible

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am."
- Jesus, Bible

"A man's heart is his own Neter (spiritual source)."
"All is within yourself. Know your most inward self and look for what corresponds with it in nature."
"If his heart rules him, his conscience will soon take the place of the rod."
"If you would build something solid, don’t work with wind: always look for a fixed point, something you know that is stable… yourself."
"If you would know yourself, take yourself as starting point and go back to its source; your beginning will disclose your end."
"Know the world in yourself. Never look for yourself in the world, for this would be to project your illusion."
"Knowledge is consciousness of reality."
"Man, know thyself ... and thou shalt know the gods."
"The body is the house of God. That is why it is said, 'Man know yourself.'"
"The key to all problems is the problem of consciousness."
"The kingdom of heaven is within you; and whosoever shall know himself shall find it."
"You will free yourself when you learn to be neutral and follow the instructions of your heart without letting things perturb you."
- Luxor Temple, Ancient Egypt

"I AM, and because I AM you ARE. I have ALWAYS BEEN and I shall ever BE, for I am without beginning, without end. I am Life itself, for I am the very Source of all that IS....

...there is only ONE Source. There is only ONE. Look to the very center of all that you are and you will find Me there, for I am Life itself, the First Cause of all that IS."
- The Star Maker

"Prajnanam Brahma" (Consciousness is God)
"Aham Brahma Asmi" (I am God)
"Tat Tvam Asi" (You are That [God])
"Ayam Atma Brahma" (The Self is God)
- Upanishads, Mahavakyas (The Great Sayings)

"I am that I am"
- Yahweh

"Everything is the One Brahman, pure consciousness, the Self of all"
- Yoga Vasistha Sara

Shared on my site: https://sites.google.com/site/jmaf6556/purpose-of-life

In oneness,
Justin

Last edited by jmaf6556; 16-12-2018 at 04:24 AM.
jmaf6556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2018, 11:53 AM   #2
oneriver

Yes, everything is One but every individual thing is not equivalent to the One.
“Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time?" That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains, everywhere and that the present only exists for it, not the shadow of the past nor the shadow of the future.” ? Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

Y Gwir Erbyn Y Byd ("Truth Against the World") - Druidic Motto
oneriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2018, 12:38 PM   #3
cosmicpurpose1.618

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneriver View Post
Yes, everything is One but every individual thing is not equivalent to the One.
Could you give an example of what you mean?
cosmicpurpose1.618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2018, 01:16 PM   #4
oneriver

Ok, take any random object or animal, although that object or animal is composed of the One it does not follow that the individual/separated object/animal has any of the qualities of the One. It is separated from Source and is as such unable to see the wood for the trees.

It (the conscious animal) thinks itself autonomous (ego) and does not see or sense the higher realms of our past and future glories shimmering there just beyond the dusky veil.

What chance of this creature retaining it's consciousness through many lives and deaths? It can not even understand from what is visible, how would it understand what is invisible?

How do we escape intact unscathed and unharvested by the Moon?
“Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time?" That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains, everywhere and that the present only exists for it, not the shadow of the past nor the shadow of the future.” ? Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

Y Gwir Erbyn Y Byd ("Truth Against the World") - Druidic Motto
oneriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2018, 06:54 PM   #5
gore tex

Thanks for sharing the absolute truth.

Knowledge is information; wisdom is transformation. Knowledge is borrowed; wisdom is your own.

Walk without feet. Fly without wings. Think without mind.
gore tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2018, 05:02 PM   #6
grimstock
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneriver View Post
Ok, take any random object or animal, although that object or animal is composed of the One it does not follow that the individual/separated object/animal has any of the qualities of the One. It is separated from Source and is as such unable to see the wood for the trees.

It (the conscious animal) thinks itself autonomous (ego) and does not see or sense the higher realms of our past and future glories shimmering there just beyond the dusky veil.

What chance of this creature retaining it's consciousness through many lives and deaths? It can not even understand from what is visible, how would it understand what is invisible?

How do we escape intact unscathed and unharvested by the Moon?
However - the visible world may be simply a holographic visualisation, in which case each part may contain it's own copy of the whole. I do not know if that copy relates to when the part became isolated from the whole, or whether it continually updates to the latest version - perhaps someone else may know. Perhaps this explains the inability of mankind (or should I say "personkind") to truly become an essential part of nature. How can opposing magnets become one? - Of course, they already are one, but differing and opposing forces of that one.
Nevertheless, if everything contains the same part - a common particle, then we are certainly all one - but differing expressions and perceptions of that same particle. The opposition has to remain in place for each to exist in duality and balance. If one is removed, then the other will fail.
For any good to come from anything, then there must be bad as a measuring/ balancing point.

Last edited by grimstock; 17-12-2018 at 05:21 PM.
grimstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2018, 05:35 PM   #7
grimstock
Premier Subscribers

"You may think that everything is wrong with the world, - that nothing works the way it should, but in fact everything is running just fine, and the world is working perfectly well. - The rich get richer, and the poor get poorer." - Jordan Maxwell.

Last edited by grimstock; 17-12-2018 at 05:44 PM.
Old 17-12-2018, 05:48 PM   #8
grimstock
Premier Subscribers

This is full of good thought-provoking quotes,
- From Max Igan

Old 17-12-2018, 06:03 PM   #9
andy1033

The quote in my signature is one of the most profound things you can read.

So true
"You put 10 tonnes of proof in front of people, if they are not ready to accept an idea, they will not accept the proof. No amount of evidence will suffice to prove anything, it is the jury that will decide, and you are the jury."
William Cooper - behold a pale horse video
^^
So true
andy1033 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2018, 08:39 AM   #10
grimstock
Premier Subscribers

“Your mind is like a parachute, it doesn’t work unless it’s open.” - Jordan Maxwell