Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Illuminati / Secret Societies / Satanic Cults / Occult Secrets

Old 19-12-2009, 09:47 PM   #1
aronia

Post Other Powerful Roman families

Through my research I have come across quite a few families [They're not all secluded to Rome though] so I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread dedicated to the discussion of the current families that are being exposed as well as the new ones that people discover.

Many truth seekers are running around like chickens with their heads cut off as they try to figure out just who are "The Elite"? There is no doubt in my mind that the elite are just...families. Very powerful families that go back centuries. They are the Royal families, Princely families, aristocracies, nobilities, etc. They are positioned all over the world, and they're all connected through arranged marriages. So they are all related to one another. It's all about the bloodline! And from what my research is showing me the most powerful families are located in Rome, Italy.

The one family I really have my eye on right now is the Massimo family, just reading about them is fascinating!! The things they claim….

Quote:
Massimo is the name of a Roman princely family of great age; which by long accepted tradition descends from the ancient Maximi of republican Rome and from Quintus Fabius Maximus (c. 275 BC – 203 BC), called Cunctator (the Delayer). When asked by Napoleon (with whom he was negotiating the Treaty of Tolentino) whether the family descended from Fabius Maximus, the then Prince Massimo famously replied "I do not know that it is true, but it has been a tradition in the family for some thirteen or fourteen hundred years."[1]. The family is generally recognised as one of the oldest noble families in Europe.
Fabius was a Roman politician and soldier, born in Rome around 275 BC. He was consul five times (233 BC, 228 BC, 215 BC, 214 BC and 208 BC) and was twice dictator, 221–219 BC, and 217 BC. His nickname Cunctator means "delayer" in Latin, and refers to his tactics in deploying the troops during the Second Punic War where he defeated Hannibal. Descended from an ancient patrician family, the Fabii, he was a grandson of Quintus Fabius Maximus Gurges and a great-grandson of Quintus Fabius Maximus Rullianus, both famous consuls. According to Plutarch, the first of the Fabii was born from the liaison of Hercules with a nymph, rendering the family's origins semi-divine.

~This family believe they’re semi-divine. They believe they’re related to Hercules for crying out loud! They actually believe they carry the blood of a God! WTF…

Quote:
The Massimo family also provided two Popes to the Catholic Church, both Saints - Pope Anastasius I (died 401) who denounced the Origenist heresy, and Pope Paschal I (died 824) who stood up to the Frankish kings.
After the Dark Ages the family is recorded again in 1012 in the person of Leo de Maximis. Thereafter the family grew in influence among the Roman barons, and played a considerable part in the history of the city in the Middle Ages, producing numerous Cardinals, ambassadors, and civil and military leaders. The family were significant patrons of the arts, with the brothers Pietro and Francesco Massimi acquiring fame by protecting and encouraging the German printers Sweynheim and Pannartz, who came to Rome in 1467, where the first printed books in Italy were produced in the Massimo Palace. In the 17th century Cardinal Camillo II Massimo was famous as the patron of both Velasquez and Poussin.
In the 16th century the Massimo were the richest of the Roman nobles. A marquisate was conferred on them in 1544, and the lordship of Arsoli in 1574, and the Papal Princely title thereafter.
The Palazzo Massimo alle Colonne in Rome was built by the celebrated Sienese architect Baldassare Peruzzi by order of Pietro Massimo, on the ruins of an earlier palace destroyed in the sack of Rome in 1527. The curved façade is built on and dictated by the foundations of the stands for the stadium odeon of the emperor Domitian. The interior ceilings and vestibules are elaborately ornamented with rosettes and coffered roofs. The entrance ceiling is decorated with a fresco by Daniele da Volterra, who represented "Life of Fabius Maximus". The chapel on the 2nd floor was a room where the 14 year old Paolo Massimo, son of Prince Fabrizio Massimo, was recalled briefly to life by Saint Philip Neri in March 16, 1583. The interior of the palace is open to public only on that day each year when the family receive the Cardinals and other high officials to honor the event. Other notable events in the palace of the 16th century including various intra-familial murders. The palace is considered one of the most important early Renaissance mannerist masterpieces and remains the principal residence of the family, along with the Massimo Castle at Arsoli.
Many of the Massimo princesses who married into the family were from the most important Royal families of Europe. These included HRH Princess Cristina of Saxony, who married Prince Camillo Massimiliano in 1796; HRH Princess Maria-Gabriella of Savoy, who married Prince Camillo Vittorio in 1827; HRH Princess Beatrice of Borbon, daughter of HRH Don Carlos, Duke of Madrid, the pretender to the Spanish throne who married Prince Fabrizio in 1897; and HRH Princess Maria-Adelaide of Savoy-Genoa, daughter of the Duke of Genoa and niece of King Victor Emmanuel III, who married Prince Leone in 1935.
At the beginning of the 20th century, there were two branches of the Massimo family – the Princes Massimo, descended from Camillo Massimiliano (1770–1840), and the dukes of Rignano, descended from Francesco Massimo (1773–1844). Currently only the Princely branch of the family remains, represented by Prince Filippo, Prince of Arsoli (b. 1938), whose heir is Prince Fabrizio Massimo-Brancaccio (b. 1963), and Prince Stefano, Prince of Roccasecca dei Volsci (b. 1955), whose heir is Prince Valerio Massimo (b. 1973). On the 21 May 2009 Prince Valerio reached the summit of Mount Everest.

Last edited by aronia; 19-12-2009 at 11:10 PM.
aronia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2009, 10:55 PM   #2
aronia

Post Palazzo Massimo alle Colonne

Palazzo Massimo alle Colonne

http://laudemgloriae.blogspot.com/20...se-danjou.html

Quote:
On the occasion of the 95th birthday of the Duchess of Anjou and of Segovia, November 8, she was received in a private audience by Pope Benedict XVI, with her grandson the Duke of Anjou and his family. After the papal audience, she attended an evening reception held in her honor at the Palazzo Massimo de Pirro.

The arrival of the Duke and Duchess of Anjou with Princess Eugenie. M. Chiaradia-Bousquet corrects the placement of the the badge of the Saint Esprit. If Prince Louis-Alphonse de Bourbon is ever crowned Louis XX of France, his wife will wear all white, including a white mantilla, to papal audiences.

At the evening reception. From left to right: His Eminence the Most Reverend Jean-Louis Cardinal Tauran, HRH the Duchess of Segovia and Anjou, HRH the Duke of Anjou (wearing the neck badge of a grand cross of Honour and Devotion of the SMOM and the Ribbon, Badge and Star of the Order of the Saint Esprit) and Mgr Dominique Mamberti, Under-Secretary of State for External Affairs.

The Duke and Duchess of Anjou (a.k.a. Louis XX of France and Princess Marie-Marguerite de Bourbon) at the soirée.

2nd left HE Fra Filippo Ferretti di Castel Ferretti, Grand Prior of Rome of the Order of Malta, HEM Cardinal Tauran, M. Jean-Pierre Chiaradia-Bousquet and HRH the Duke of Anjou.

Most Rev Nicholas Thevenin (Sec of Cardinal Bertone), the Ambassador of Belgium to the Holy See and SMOM, Cardinal Tauran, the Duchess of Segovia and Anjou, the Duchess of Anjou, the Duke of Anjou, Mgr Mamberti, the Ambassador of Portugal to the Holy See.

Note: Cardinal Tauran, Mgr Mamberti, and Mgr Thevenin are all French and would probably consider themselves Legitimists.

"A private look at Rome!"

http://www.townandcountrytravelmag.c...ture-Rome-0306

Quote:
Many grand residences in Europe have long since been turned into museums, but Stefano explains that the situation in Rome is much different. "Of all European cities, this one has the most historic palaces and villas still in private hands," he says as we walk across the portico. "This is because in Italy, the papacy was elected. Each time there was a new pope, another family came to power and was able to commission incredible buildings. Amazingly enough, many of the descendants still own and live in these."

Quote:
"This is the Rome I try to share with my clients," says Stefano as we climb back on his Vespa. This time we proceed to the home of one of his childhood friends. It's no ordinary house, of course, but an immense palace: the Palazzo Doria Pamphilj, on the Piazza del Collegio Romano, southeast of the Pantheon. Containing major works by Raphael, Caravaggio and Velázquez, its picture gallery, which is open to the public, remains the most important private collection in Rome if not in Europe. Forty-two-year-old Prince Jonathan Doria Pamphilj receives us in the Galleria degli Specchi, or Hall of Mirrors, where, true to the room's name, Baroque mirrors in glittering gilt frames line the walls. Stefano frequently organizes exclusive dinners and concerts here after the public has left for the day.

Our next stop, the Palazzo Colonna, just a few blocks away, is equally spectacular. I live almost in the shadow of this splendid palace and have often longed to explore it. Although the painting collection is open to the public one day a week, the Colonna family, which has lived on the grounds for more than a thousand years, rarely receives visitors curious to view the other interiors. Commissioned by Pope Martin V in the 15th century and completed in the 18th, the palace has glorious staterooms and the famous Galleria Colonna. We go straight to the gallery, which rivals the Hall of Mirrors at Versailles for magnificence. While I marvel at the frescoes celebrating the lives of the Colonna family, Stefano quickly approves the tables that have been set up for a dinner he is giving here tonight. We proceed to the Sala della Musica, where his guests will attend a concert beforehand.
Quote:
Afterward we take a break for a much needed midmorning cappuccino at the renowned coffee bar Natalizi, on the Via Po near the Villa Borghese. Stefano piques my curiosity by telling me that he next wants to show me artisans at work on a project for the palazzo we've just seen. We motor west, across the river, to Trastevere, one of Rome's oldest and least known neighborhoods. For years Trastevere was the domain of artisans and small-scale manufacturers. Today it is predominantly residential, but workshops survive. In a small building not far from the Tiber, we are ushered through the heavily fortified portal of one of them: Ditta Paolo Medici & Figlio.

"Ditta Medici has been restoring Rome's marble since 1838," says our hostess, Priscilla Grazioli Medici, the latest member of the family to oversee the vast workshop. The rooms reveal works in progress, with every available surface covered in brilliantly colored marble pieced into intricate geometric designs. "This is for a private chapel at the Vatican, and this is for the Palazzo Colonna," says Medici, indicating marble paving waiting to be delivered and installed. "But we also have a 'ready-to-wear' line that we sell by the square meter. We realize that not everyone has to pave a ballroom, so we offer smaller versions of the same patterns."

Quote:
Our last palace is the Palazzo Massimo di Pirro, on the centrally located Corso Vittorio Emanuele, where Eleonora Semmola Coppa Solari takes us on a tour. As we stroll through her home's piano nobile, or second floor (traditionally the most richly decorated), the princess gestures toward mythological scenes in a frieze that surrounds the ceiling of the salon. "The 16th-century frescoes are by the school of Giulio Romano," Coppa Solari explains. "They were in horrid shape when my mother decided to have them restored. Luckily for us, even though the restorers were working on Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel frescoes at the time, they were able to come here every afternoon once they had finished at the Vatican."

These frescoes and the 1st-century mosaic in the next room make me believe that we have wandered into a museum. But the Palazzo Massimo di Pirro, like all the palaces we have visited, is still very much a family home, as is made clear when Coppa Solari's six-year-old son kicks a bright red plastic ball from one end of the ballroom to the other.

"So now are you convinced that there is a Rome that even you don't know?" Stefano asks teasingly as we leave. I have to admit that yes, the interiors we have seen so far have been a revelation. "Now we will finish with a visit to Santa Croce," he says as we travel southeast, away from Rome's center. The church, which is somewhat off the beaten track, houses a famous 15th-century fresco cycle and what is said to be a fragment of the True Cross. But we head to a small door that breaches the thirteen-foot walls to the right of the church's façade. I have passed Santa Croce many times but have never noticed these ancient walls, which, Stefano explains, were once part of an amphitheater.

Quote:
At each spot on our journey, Stefano has regaled me with fascinating insights into the histories of important Roman families. At first I was thrown by his tendency to refer to them in the present tense; for years I have read about the Barberinis, the Colonnas and the Dorias in history books. But today I have not only met some of them but had a peek into their private worlds. "Are you beginning to sense the wonderful continuity?" Stefano asks.

1960, Prince and Princess Massimo with five of their six children in their residence, Palazzo Massimo all Colonne, Rome, Italy.

http://anglocath.blogspot.com/2009/0...racle-day.html

Interesting read.

Last edited by aronia; 20-12-2009 at 01:35 AM.
Old 19-12-2009, 10:57 PM   #3
aronia

There are many families (not all positioned in Rome or Italy) that I think are worthy of research. Some of these families that stick out like a sore thumb to me are:

- Massimo family
- Caetani family
- Colonna family
- Orsini family
- Borghese family
- Farnese family
- Pamphilj family
- Aldobrandini family
- Medici family
- Conti family
- Sforza family
- Savelelli family
- Ludovisi family
- Della-Rovere family
- Strozzi family
- Borgia family
- Barbaro family
- Saxe-Coburg-Gotha family(ies)
- Este family
- House of Wettin
- British Royal family
- Spanish Royal family
- Limburg-Stirum family
- House of Merovings
- Canute family
- Alaouite family
- Hashemite family
- Oppenheimer family (The Rothschils were educated and groomed by this family?)

Note: Some of these families may not be connected at all to what people in the truth community are exposing, but I believe that they are worthy of looking into because of where they’re located and their long history.

I understand that many people are under the assumption that thirteen-families control the globe. This may be true, but for my money I don’t believe it is. I’m sure it has to be more than that; even if it was one hundred families that would still be a ridiculously small number considering the entire human population. For instance, how many families live in your town or city alone…?

As many already know, a lot of the families I have mentioned above are all connected to each other through marriage. Myself (and probably others) are working hard on connecting the families via a family tree – which I will post sometime later in the future. But for a quick investigation into this please read this: http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=-...age&q=&f=false

We must never forget that the Jesuit order and the Knighthoods are also very powerful and have played their part in history and still do to this day.
These powers in Rome have to be the real "Elite". The evidence is all there for anyone to look into...
Old 19-12-2009, 11:17 PM   #4
aronia

Post The Caetani family

The Caetani family

http://www.vernonmuseum.ca/caetani/part1.php

The family name can be traced as far back as 750 B.C.E., The original surname was: 'Gaetani.'
Their ancestors include Popes, Cardinals, Scholars, Diplomats, Scientists and literary figures.

When researching the Farnese family I came across this: "Ranuccio's son Pier Luigi married a member of the ancient baronial family of the Caetani (that of Pope Boniface VIII), thus giving the Farnese further importance in Rome." The Orsini and Colonna also married into the Caetani families.

The Caetani (Gaetani) are a noble family of medieval origin.

Some members include: Cardinal Luigi Caetani
: Onorato Caetani - Duke of Sermoneta
: Pope Boniface VIII (1294)
: Gelasio Caetani (Former Ambassador of US)

I have come across a 'Palazzo Caetani' and a 'Caetani castle' so far.

Some Marriages: Leone Caetani married Vittoria Colonna
:Giacomo Caetani married Giovanella Orsini
:Onorato Caetani married Caterina Orsini
: Giovanella Caetani married Pier Luigi Farnese

Sveva Caetani

Prince Gelasio Caetani

Oleg Caetani

Alberto Caetani (third from the left) stood next to Princess Natalia Strozzi! (woman to his left)

Giovvani Gaetani ?

Last edited by aronia; 20-12-2009 at 01:34 AM.
Old 19-12-2009, 11:45 PM   #5
aronia

Post The borghese family

THE BORGHESE FAMILY

The founding year of the House of Borghese is: 1266

Borghese is the surname of a family of Italian noble and papal background, originating as the Borghese or Borghesi in Siena, where they came to prominence in the 13th century holding offices under the commune. The head of the family, Marcantonio I, moved to Rome in the 16th century and there, following the election (1605) of his son Camillo Borghese as Pope Paul V
who was an unabashed nepotist, they rose in power and wealth.
Marcantonio II (1598-1658), son of Giambattista, was named prince of Sulmona in 1610, again through Paul V's influence, in this case with Philip III of Spain. In 1619 Marcantonio II married Camilla Orsini becoming heir to both the Borghese and Orsini families. His son Paolo (1624-1646) married Olimpia Aldobrandini, , princess of Rossano, and by this marriage enabled the Borghese to lay claim to the Aldobrandini family legacy as well, though this right was only recognised in 1769 after protracted court battles. Along with Paolo's titles, Olimpia passed the title of prince of Rossano to their son Marcantonio III (1660-1729), who also became viceroy of Naples.

Notable members of the Borghese family:

• Galgano Borghese, papal nuncio Naples (1456)
• Camillo Borghese (1550–1621): Pope Paul V (1605–1621)
• Francesco Scipione Maria Borghese (1697–1759): cardinal
• Cardinal Scipione Borghese (1576–1633): artistic patron of Bernini and nephew of Pope Paul V
• Prince Marcantonio IV Borghese (1730–1800): Rebuilt the Villa Borghese and its gardens, father of Camillo
• Camillo Filippo Ludovico Borghese (1775–1832), made duke of Guastalla; second husband of Pauline Bonaparte
• Pauline Borghese née Bonaparte (1780–1825): sister of Napoleon
• Junio Valerio Borghese (1906–1974): Italian naval commander and politician
• Marcella Borghese (1911-2002): Princess and cosmetics entrepreneur

Villa Borghese

Paul V Burghesius Romanus name on Vatican

PRINCE LORENZO BORGHESE

ALESSANDRA BORGHESE

- Just happened to be the author of the book: "In the footsteps of Joseph Ratzinger"

Alessandra sporting the "Order of the Holy Spirit" cross - L'ordre du Saint-Esprit

...pictures really do speak a thousand words don't they...

Last edited by aronia; 20-12-2009 at 01:31 AM.
Old 20-12-2009, 12:33 AM   #6
eternal_spirit
Inactive

Wecome back (can't remember your old name when you used to post here it will come back to me eventually, just call you Oxley/Phelps Zionist little agent for now eh) LOL but you never give up posting the same old stuff (never post about anything else other than Damn those Catholics eh lol.

Last edited by eternal_spirit; 20-12-2009 at 12:35 AM.
eternal_spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2009, 12:39 AM   #7
aronia

Post The sforza family

THE SFORZA FAMILY

Quote:
Sforza was a ruling family of Renaissance Italy, based in Milan.

Quote:
The dynasty was founded by Muzio Attendolo, called Sforza (from sforzare, to exert or force, 1369-1424), a condottiero from Romagna serving the Angevin kings of Naples. He was the most successful dynast of the condottieri.

His son Francesco I Sforza ruled Milan for the first half of the Renaissance era, acquiring the title of Duke of Milan from the extinct Visconti family in 1447.

Rising from peasant origins, the Sforzas became condottieri and used this military position to become rulers in Milan. The family governed by force, ruse, and power politics. Under their rule the city-state flourished and expanded. Similar to the Medici in their use of personal power, the Sforzas differed in that they were warriors, not bankers.

The family also held the seigniory of Pesaro, starting from Muzio Attendolo's second son, Alessandro (1409-1473). The Sforza held Pesaro until 1519, with the death of Galeazzo. Muzio's third son, Bosio (1411-1476), founded the branch of Santa Fiora, who held the title of count of Cotignola; the Sforza ruled the small county of Santa Fiora in southern Tuscany until 1624. Members of this family also held important ecclesiastical and political position in the Papal States, and moved to Rome in 1674.

The Sforza would later join with the Borgia Family, through the arranged marriage of Lucrezia Borgia to Giovanni (the illegitimate son of Costanzo I of Pesaro.

Ludovico Sforza (also known as Ludovico il Moro, famous also for taking Leonardo da Vinci at his service) was defeated in 1500 by the French army of Louis XII of France - see also Italian Wars.

After the French were driven out by Imperial Swiss troops Maximilian Sforza, son of Ludovico, became Duke of Milan, until the French returned under Francis I of France and imprisoned him.
Quote:
Bianca Maria Sforza, Empress
Bona Sforza, Queen of Poland, Duchess of Bari and Princess of Rossano
Sisto Riario Sforza, Cardinal
Caroline Shirley, Duchess Sforza Cesarini

- Lombardy, Milan, coat of arms of the Sforza family at Sforzesco

~ Apparently the fictional character 'Hannibal Lecter' is a descendent of the House of Sforza / Sforza family.

And what is the cover on the Thomas Harris book?: "Hannibal"..

...Oh I get it now...Hannibal is a cannibal..he eats people...how symbollic, Thomas...

And look who happened to be the head of the makeup department for the 2001 motion picture of the book Hannibal = Fabrizio Sforza

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0212985/combined

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0786969/ - Sforza from Rome, Italy.

Caterina Sforza

ROME - JUNE 03: Prince Sforza Ruspoli (L) and wife Maria Pia arrive at Marina Cicogna Opening Exhibition at Villa Medici on June 3, 2009 in Rome, Italy.

PRINCE SFORZA RUSPOLI

Last edited by aronia; 20-12-2009 at 12:50 AM.
Old 20-12-2009, 01:05 AM   #8
aronia

Did Elisa Massimo meet Bush?

PICTURE

Well...Bush did meet with (Prime Minister) Saxe Coburg-Gotha

Quote:
Photo: President GW Bush meeting at White House with leading advocates for Darfur, including Simon Deng, Dave Rubenstein, Elisa Massimo, Faith McDonnell, Gloria White-Hammond, Jerry Fowler, David Saperstein, Keith Roderick.

PICTURE
Old 20-12-2009, 01:13 AM   #9
aronia

Post The pamphilj family

THE PAMPHILJ FAMILY

Quote:
The Pamphili (often with the final long i orthography, Pamphilj) are one of the Papal families deeply entrenched in Roman politics of the 16th and 17th centuries. The Pamphilj originated in Gubbio and went to Rome under the pontificate of Innocent VIII (1484 – 1492). The Pamphilj pope was Innocent X, who reigned from 1644–1655.

Palazzo Pamphilj, by the architects Girolamo Rainaldi and Francesco Borromini, is located in the heart of Rione Parione, the Pamphili neighborhood of Rome, south of the church of Sant'Agnese in Agone in Piazza Navona. From 1652, on Saturdays and Sundays in August, the piazza was turned into a lake to celebrate the Pamphili family, a festival that was suppressed in 1866. Today, the palace functions as the Brazilian Embassy in Rome. The tomb of Innocent X is located in Sant'Agnese.

The Pamphilj bought the baronial palace in Valmontone, a town near Palestrina (Rome) in the year 1634: Camillo Pamphilj was determined to create a sort of new “ideal city”, so the palace and the main church were rebuilt and decorated by important baroque artists, like the architect Mattia de Rossi (who rose to prominence under the mentorship of Bernini), and the painters Pier Francesco Mola, Gaspard Dughet, Guglielmo Cortese, Francesco Cozza and Mattia Preti.

Olimpia Maidalchini, a resident of the Palazzo Pamphilj, was the mother of Camillo Pamphilj who renounced his cardinalate to marry Olimpia Aldobrandini, widow of Paolo Borghese. Through his marriage, he came into the possession of the Palazzo Aldobrandini, now known as the Palazzo Doria Pamphilj. The cardinal and librettist Benedetto Pamphili (1653–1730) was his son.

Where was the EU constitution signed? CAPITOLine HILL in ROME. And who was the Pope statue of in the background? Pope Innocent X = aka = Giovanni Battista Pamphilj

Jonathan Doria Pamphilj

Last edited by aronia; 20-12-2009 at 01:14 AM.
Old 20-12-2009, 01:16 AM   #10
aronia

Post The Massimo family behind the creation of the SMOM

Cannibal is tied to both Cain and Abel. It was the Massimo family behind the creation of the SMOM. Craig

Last edited by aronia; 20-12-2009 at 01:16 AM.
Old 20-12-2009, 01:20 AM   #11
aronia

Post Del Balzo/Orsini family

Stumbled on Google upon this family: del Balzo/Orsini family

http://www.delbalzo.com/old/genealogia2.htm

Residence: Naples.

The del Balzo/des Baux dynasty was originated in Provence (France) from the Seigneurs di Balz descendants of William King of Arles and Prince of Orange (1059-1110 c.a.).Some authors with hagiographic aim,sustained their origin from Balthazar,one of the three Magi (the Comet in the Coat-of-Arms was used since remote times).

One of the Most prestigeous family ( Les Baux de Provence) was already famous and powerful,the des Baux were independent Lords,castellan of Les Baux and Arles and wielded very considerable authority at local level ,holding cospicuous fiefs and vaste lands (Vienne,Marseilles,Berry,Bruges, Montpellier,..), they followed Charles I of Anjou in the conquest of the Kingdom of Naples (1263), with Barral, Lord of the "State" of Les Baux (Balzo Balcio, Baltio, Baucio, Baux). Barral one of the winner in the Battle of Benevento ,against the Hoenstaufen was created Count of Avellino by King Charles and was the founder of the most illustrious branch of the family ,was also Great Justiciar of the Realm.

Bertrand, Seigneur of Berre, followed also Charles of Anjou was created Justiciar of the Abruzzi,he received various lands in this province and fought for Charles in Campania,founder of the branch of the Counts of Montescaglioso and Dukes of Andria, enriched with other titles Count of Bisceglie, of Copertino and Duke of Venosa

The del Balzo/des Baux were merely the most famous of several important families who linked the two cornerstone of Charle's empire,Provence and the Realm(Regno)

Giovanni Antonio del Balzo-Orsini powerful Prince of Taranto(1406) ,who owned seven archbishoprics,thirty bishoprics,and over 300 castles,and traveled from Salerno to Taranto without ever setting foot outside his own lands.

Very relevant, was the political role, that several members of this important family,one of the seven greatest of the Realm , managed during the Angevin and Aragonese ruling.They received waste lands and fiefs in recognition of their service Earldom: :Acerra 1453, Avellino 1418, Montescaglioso 1307 , Soleto 1443, Ugento 1493, Copertino 1283……. Dukedom: Andria 1494, Nardo' 1497, Venosa 1499… Princedom: : Altamura 1467 , Taranto 1387..)Important relations with Royal Dynasty, Francesco, son of Bertrand first Duke of Andria, married with Margherita of Anjou

Antonia and Giacomo,the first married Federico III d'Aragona, King of Sicilia, and the second Agnese of Anjou; Isabella, daughter of Pirro, prince of Altamura the most powerful Lord of the Realm, executed ,because was one of the inspirer of the Magnates Conspiracy against Ferrante of Aragon King of Naples (1486) married Federico King of Naples ,last of the Aragonese Dynasty.

The del Balzo of Naples ,descend from Battista , to whom Ferrante I° of Aragon King of the Kingdom Naples(1458-1494) in recognition of his service and military help , conceded in1465 the fiefs of S. Croce ,Casa Selvatica and Mirabello. Battista married Cecca of Monfort niece of Guglielmo Count of Campobasso.The sons Vincenzo e Francesco were received by the city of Capua with special Honours . From Vincenzo came the branch of the Barons of S. Croce, extinguished late 18th Century. Francesco was the founder of the Schiavi Lordship ,Dukedom in 1681 ,then Dukes of Caprigliano in 1696 ,then Barons and Dukes of Presenzano{1734).

The Battista branch descend from the second brother of William,last Duke of Andria, Bianchino.In 1615 the cousins of Battista, Scipione and Geronimo del Balzo, claimed at The Council of the Kingdom to regain the lawful possession of the ancient Chapel in the Church of Santa Chiara in Naples, Chapel still today held by the family.

This branch was also holding Lordships since 1465, received in 1590 in the Order of Malta ,had also five concessions of Dukedoms and one on the family name (1868). One Earldom was granted in 1830, when Francesco,General of the Neapolitan Army, married Queen Isabella ,widow and mother of Francis I of Bourbon King of the Two Sicilies.

The two branches Presenzano and Caprigliano, are in the early XX Century represented by NICOLA, of Nicola, of Pasquale, Duke of Presenzano (mpr.), noble of Capua (m.), Don e Donna , Knight of Honour and Dev. of the Ord. of Malta, b. in Napoli 24 dec. 1884 from Nicola and Enrichetta Ciccarelli Marchioness of Cesavolpe, marr. in Napoli to nob. donna Maria Consuelo Alvarez de Toledo of the Dukes of Bivona, dama of the Order of Malta.

Oncles (sons of Pasquale husband in first wedding to Concetta Bassano dei Marchesi di Tufillo and in second wedding Giulia dei marchesi Brancia dei Principi di Apricena

http://www.delbalzo.com/old/orsinidelbalzoing.htm

Short Essay on the History of the del Balzo/Orsini family

Genealogy Orsini / del Balzo (see page Genealogy and family tree del Balzo )

3.2.3.1.6.Hugues de Baux, Sn de Gaudissart, Cte di Soleto, died a Tanaro 1315
m.c.a. 11 Dec 1310 Jacopa della Marra

3.2.3.1.6.1.Raimondo del Balzo, Cte di Soleto, Marshal of the Kingdom of Naples/Sicily
d.1375, bur Naples;

marr.1st before 1332 Margherita d'Aquino;

marr..2d before 11 Feb 1337 Isabelle d'Appes

3.2.3.1.6.2.Sveva del Balzo; marr.1330 Roberto Orsini, Cte di Nola;

her descendants inherited the estates of her brother Raimondo del Balzo Count of Soleto and took the surname Orsini del Balzo :

had issue: Raimondo Orsini del Balzo Prince of Taranto died 1406

m.Marie d'Enghien Ctss of Lecce c.a 1380 had issues (three sons)

1). Giovanni Antonio Orsini del Balzo Prince of Tarant
m.Anna Colonna ( d.1465 )

2).Gabriel Orsini del Balzo Duc of Venosa d.1465 m.Jeanne Caracciolo

had issue : (two daughters )

1.Maria Donata Orsini del Balzo d. ca 1487
marr.Pirro del Balzo 4th Duc of Andria

2.Ramondina Orsini del Balzo d.ca 1490
marr. Roberto Sanseverino Prince of Salerno

3).Caterina Orsini del Balzo m.Tristan di Chiaramonte Cte of Copertno
had issue : (two daughters)

- Isabella di Chiaramonte m. Ferrante I King of Naples d.1494 ;

- Sancia di Chiaromonte, m. Francesco II 3rd Duc of Andria d.1482

Raimondello Orsini del Balzo, Prince of Taranto (XIV sec. - Taranto 1406), son cadet of Roberto Orsini, Count of Nola.
In 1380 , he returned from the East occupies with violence the Earldom of Soleto and some other lands pertaining to his mother inheritance.

In May 1382 Roberto , in order to fight the rebellious son, asks king Charles III of Durazzo for help. Charles , however, was engaged in the fight against Luigi I of Angiò and he profits of the friendship and the alliance of the young del Balzo, because he wants him to its flank against the Angevin.

After few years , Raimondello revolts against Charles III and he passes from the part of Luigi I of Angiò. In the fight with the father Roberto , Raimondello, succeeds to obtain the fiefdoms and lands that they were up for inheritance.

Following the advise of the Angevin , in 1384, married Maria of Enghien, Countess of Lecce and owner of important Fiefdoms.

When in 1384 Luigi I of Angiò died , Raimondello continues in its politics in favour of the House of Anjou , supporting Luigi II of Angiò and in March of 1385, helps the Pontiff Urbano VI threatened in Nocera by the troops of Carl III of Durazzo.

The pope Urban VI is liberated in 1385 , the Pontiff grants to Count Raimondello Orsini del Balzo licence to build a Convent , an Hospital and a Church " sub vocabulo Sanctae Chatarinae" in S. Peter in Galatina.

With the inheritance from the wedding with Maria of Enghien , together with his vast Lands , Raimondello becomes one of the most powerful Lord of Southern Italy and his switch from Luigi II of Angiò to Ladislao the Magnanimous , during the dynastic fights for the Realm , he becomes the key player for the defeat and the final dissolution of the Anjou-Naples branch (1399).

Raimondello again came in contrast with Ladislao of the Durazzo branch. The king had placed under besieges the city of Taranto, Raimondello, was there to defense his own Lands and died in 1406 , but the resistance and the fight continued, even if for a short period, from the widow Maria of Enghien.

Giovanni Antonio (or Giannantonio) Orsini del Balzo, son of Raimondello and Maria of Enghien cannot succeed in 1407 the father, because of the wedding between his mother and the king Ladislao the Magnanimous .

With this wedding, in fact, it was intentional to prevent the celebration of the one with Maria of Anjou -Valois, daughter of Luigi II, that would have established an opposite military political alliance, in contrast to what was the purpose of his mother original marriage.

Later, in 1417, he married the grandaughter of Pope Martino V, Anna of the princes Colonna.

He become Prince of Taranto in 1414 , was then involved in the dynastic fights during the Reign of Giovanna II, greater sister of Ladislao , who was very hostile to him.

He was by the side of Alfonso V of Aragon (Alfonso I°, king of Naples) and was opposed to his son , Ferrante (Ferdinando I ) king of Naples. He died in 1463, in Altamura, assassinated, and its fiefdoms were returned to the the Crown.

(see full genealogy on the del Balzo family Tree)

Peter Paul Rubens's copy of The Battle of Anghiari by Leonardo Da Vinci. Allegedly the 2 knights at right are Lodovico Trevisan and Giovanni Orsini.
Old 20-12-2009, 01:25 AM   #12
aronia

Post The del Balzo/des Baux dynasty

The del Balzo/des Baux dynasty was originated in Provence (France)

The French Royal family coat of arms:

Farnese family coat of arms:

Medici family coat of arms:

Coat of arms of Spain:

and....

Fleur-de-lis in the coat of arms of Pope Paul VI

You will notice the fleur de lis on all of these coats of arms.

The Fleur de lis is believed to be many things; such as: A symbol for the Lily, an Iris, Virgin Mary and the Babylonian trinity
Old 20-12-2009, 01:27 AM   #13
aronia

Post A modern reincarnation

A modern reincarnation.

Old 20-12-2009, 01:29 AM   #14
aronia

Post Information about Rome for visitors

Information about Rome for visitors

http://www.sjweb.info/curia/visitors.cfm

Where to stay in Rome

The Collegio Bellarmino and the Canisio residence are the normal places for Jesuit visitors to stay in Rome.
Collegio Bellarmino: Via del Seminario, 120, 00186 Roma; Guestmaster email: [email protected]
Canisio residence: Via Penitenzieri, 20, 00193 Roma; Guestmaster email: [email protected]

Hotels near the Vatican and pensioni run by religious groups in Rome:
Hotels
Pensioni
Long-term housing

Mass in English There is an English Mass at 11:00 AM Sundays at the Jesuit-supported Caravita Chapel, just to the left of Chiesa San Ignacio in the center of Rome. For more information, visit the website: www.caravita.org

Web Sites about Rome The AbcRoma Guide (hotels and restaurants, museums)

An online booking service for hotels and other services

Romaclick- an online booking service for hotels

RomeEye has a variety of information

Rooms of Ignatius
The rooms where St. Ignatius wrote the Constitutions of the Society of Jesus and directed its early growth have been restored. They can be visited from 4 p.m. until 6 p.m.; they are open to the public during those hours. They are located at Piazza del Gesù; the entrance is just to the right of the church as you face it.

Mass is celebrated every 45 minutes in the Gesù.

Vatican Information about the Vatican.

Borghese Gallery
The Borghese Gallery is a very nice museum and palazzo which is open on Tuesday through Sunday with entrance from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. It is also the only museum where you have to make a reservation ahead of time. The reason for this is the fact that only groups of 50 people at a time are admitted. You can either phone to: 00-39-06-32810 and, when a tape in Italian starts transmitting dial 2 for the English speaking operator, or try to fax to their number: 00-39-06-32651329.
Old 20-12-2009, 01:42 AM   #15
lightgiver

Default Power

Hi aronia

what is so powerful about these family's?
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2009, 02:20 AM   #16
lightgiver

Default Responsibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal_spirit View Post
Why not ask them why they only ever post about one topic blame Catholics for all evil in this world?

But guess that's what you like to see eh?
EH?

Ever heard of personnel responsibility.

Have you seen the amount of anti Muslim hate posts you have done ES,what goes around comes around, your words are indelibly stamped.
Old 20-12-2009, 02:33 AM   #17
aronia

Quote:
My issue isn`t with Roman Catholicism but the Dragon Head of Queen Semiramis witchcraft.
Craig

Last edited by aronia; 20-12-2009 at 03:37 PM.
Old 20-12-2009, 02:33 AM   #18
eternal_spirit
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by aronia View Post
My issue isnt with Roman Catholicism but Queen Semiramis witchcraft. Craig
Craig Oxley? Likely.
eternal_spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2009, 02:38 AM   #19
lightgiver

Default Hypocrite

Quote:
Matey you're a hypocrite you don't pull her/him up for posting only about ONE topic thread after thread

- but wet your nickers at me for posting about Jews and Muslims. And I do post about many other topics as well.

Mind you you do a fair bit of Catholic hating yourself with some of your threads (two peas in a pod you and Aronia eh)

She/he has one mission and only posts about the same topic (Evil Catholics are behind ALL evils disinfo) Find some evil and attach it to Catholics even when in reality ther is no connection) If I'm wrong I apologise.
Same person come back with a new name imo.

Some luny Protestant Zionist or some other weird Judaic Christian sect evangelical believer of Bible prophecies and revelations (some very vague quotes taken out of context and interpreted to say that the Catholic Vatican is the anti-christ the beast of revelations nonsense)

Shilling for fellow Zionists (disinfo merchant Phelps and his crew who believes only racial Jews should live in Israel and who is a blood diamond Israeli merchant he is a Jewish supremacist who has to push the lie and Nazi myth it's his job or his Talmudic duty) who spreads the same crap as Oxley. They have been proven disinfo all over the net, including threads on here, it's the same person (Oxley) who claims Icke is Rockefeller and MI5.

I don't know how they get away with it on this site tbh. There's a whole team of them who spam the crap out of forums. I've seen it happen for 3 years.
Bull

I have never in my life seen someone full of bitterness like you ,what a sad shame
Old 20-12-2009, 02:44 AM   #20
lightgiver

Default Waffle

Quote:
Try looking in the mirror or check out the Koran and Sharia.

You're not bothered that it's the same bunch of people who post info from a guy who says Icke is a Rockefeller and works for MI5!?

BUZZ DING DONG BUZZ
Eh I think you make it up as you go along,I am not feeding you,

Night Night.