Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat > Forum Talent / Promote Yourself

Old 27-10-2015, 02:20 PM   #1
Firewand

Default Creating & Designing Your Own Videos and Artwork

How many people here create their own videos, compositions/animations, posters, and artwork?

Most design, video editing, and composition software has a very steep learning curve.. like mastering Sony Vegas pro, Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, or whatever software it is one prefers to use? I prefer Xara Designer Pro over photshop for creating interesting posters and logo's, though it hasn't quite got the infinite amount of possibilities of photoshop CS6 extended, for instance.

Share your tips and advice on getting creative, and getting professional looking results with some of the various types of video editing, design, and composition software.

Here is a brief example of some of my work below, which is an intro to a short music film I'm working on. It's actually quite a simple and straightforward edit, nothing too complicated. It was created inside Sony Vegas pro 13. Which is my first choice video editor.

Last edited by Firewand; 27-10-2015 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Request by op :)
Firewand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 03:44 PM   #2
farros

You can get pretty good results with windows movie maker, I did this crop circle doc a while back using pretty basic movie maker skills -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PehLLtbvKqw

Info and the message matters more than the video quality/production imo. Vids can fall into the trap of being over-produced, where they do a professional looking video but don't really say much. Subtance over style is what matters.

I also did a basic tutorial of movie maker - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJaCOY8AghU

Last edited by farros; 03-11-2015 at 03:48 PM.
farros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 04:07 PM   #3
Firewand

Not bad farros. Yes of course, windows movie maker is fine for making basic edits. It all depends on what you're making really. I think both info, quality, and presentation all mater, and are equally important when making a video. Sometimes a few simple details matter, and it's never a good statement of oneself to create amateurish looking videos and presentations in my honest opinion. Again it depends on what type of video you're making, and one's individual style really.

A good free video editor that's easy to use and immensely more powerful than windows Movie maker is lightworks. The only restrictions put on the free version is the rendering codecs, but it offers an H264 720P codec, which is all you need for rendering quality Youtube videos really.

I made this short video below over the weekend, which follows on from the one I already posted. Yes it has some fancy transitions and lens flares etc, not to mention one or two copyright issues.. .. but they all work well with the particular dynamics of the video. Horses for courses, as they say.

Last edited by Firewand; 03-11-2015 at 05:32 PM.
Old 03-11-2015, 04:34 PM   #4
farros

Yeah you're right, I'd happily take good video production over movie maker, it's just not something I've ever looked into. I'll check out lightworks though, did you make that European video with it?
farros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 04:58 PM   #5
Firewand

No, I made it in Sony Vegas pro 13, and Adobe After Effects. The Flag in the clouds scene was created inside Adobe After Effects, everything else in Vegas Pro.

Yes, light works is a very good video editor, you have to sign up for a free account to get the free version, but they don't require any personal details, just an email address and an account name, that's all if I remember correctly?

Last edited by Firewand; 03-11-2015 at 05:23 PM.
Old 03-11-2015, 10:23 PM   #6
Firewand

And just so nobody can accuse me of being ''Islamophobic'' after my last video.

Feel free to use it in any of your projects or in an intro/title, or whatever.

Last edited by Firewand; 03-11-2015 at 10:26 PM.
Old 05-11-2015, 12:26 PM   #7
Firewand

Another thing about the majority of these bog standard video editors is they don't have pan and crop tools to Crop, Pan, Zoom, and Rotate your video or picture slide show. With a pan/crop tool you can zoom in and out on your pictures and clips, and also key frame individual parts of your film or side show to create some interesting effects. It's always a good idea to vary your clips or pictures in this way, especially when creating a sideshow. Having just still pictures in a sideshow is rather bland.

That's one of the reasons why I use Vegas pro, the zoom pan and crop tool is second to none and packed with features, which means you can do just about anything you wish to your clips. Another reason I use it is because it also has a masking tool inside the zoom, pan, crop feature, which means you can create your own compositions native inside Vegas pro, without having to use Adobe After Effects.

As a tip it's always good idea to create your picture slide shows on a gradient background, or a background of your choice, rather than just putting the different size pictures onto a standard black background, which in my opinion looks quite tacky and amateurish.

Old 05-11-2015, 01:52 PM   #8
Firewand

As an example of what I mean by using backgrounds rather than just plane black backgrounds in videos and slide shows. I think just plane backgrounds look rather uninteresting, lazy and tacky, where as a colour gradient brings another dimension into a clip or snapshot, giving an overall more interesting and professional finish.

Which one of the two below looks much better?

Last edited by Firewand; 05-11-2015 at 01:53 PM.
Old 12-11-2015, 05:59 PM   #9
Firewand

I've just finished this one below. Perhaps not quite the final edit yet? I may add a lens flare towards the end? Anyways, the dropping velvet cloth effect is surprisingly easy to create (tutorial below). One of the things I like about cloth simulation is it's not overused, unlike a lot of other special effects that we see now. You can also achieve exactly the same effect inside Adobe AE, but it will take a lot more key framing.

Last edited by Firewand; 12-11-2015 at 06:02 PM.
Old 07-12-2015, 12:26 AM   #10
Firewand

''Gnostic Mysteries''. If I get the time I may do one or two tutorials over Christmas.

Old 20-12-2015, 12:45 PM   #11
Firewand

I forgot to mention this for those who can't afford the price tag of compositing software like Adobe After Effects and C4D etc, there's an excellent piece of software called Fusion from Black Magic Design, which does just about anything that Adobe AE and Cinema 4D will do, and possibly more! I don't know exactly what it will do as I don't use it myself, but it's highly regarded, and they do a free version that has most of the features found in the premium version, which costs almost 700 quid. https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/gb/products/fusion

Last edited by Firewand; 20-12-2015 at 03:18 PM.
Old 20-12-2015, 01:06 PM   #12
Firewand

Also for those who didn't know this already, you can get Adobe Creative suite 2 completely free, and legally too. It's some of the older versions of After Effects, Premiere pro and Photoshop, obviously.. but it's completely free and legal. So can't complain right. I presume it's still free anyhow.

Last edited by Firewand; 20-12-2015 at 01:31 PM.
Old 31-12-2015, 12:29 AM   #13
Firewand

A recent comp of mine created in Adobe After effects..

Old 31-12-2015, 07:31 AM   #14
Cryptoverse

I love:

Graphic Design:
Photoshop CS6

Video Editing:
Final Cut Pro X

Music Production:
Ableton Live 9 Suite

More software i love:
Valhalla Vintageverb (music reverb plugin)
Sylenth1 (Synthesizer, maybe my fav ever)
Eye Candy (photoshop Plugin)
iBooks Author (PDF Creating)
Final Music Converter (Converting audio files)

I would love Photoshop CS6 tips. This is my most recent learning I just love on photoshop:

Mess with the brightness and contrast when designing things. You can also black and white something, and colorize it exactly how you would like(with some limitations).
Omnisense Electronic Press Kit
Cryptoverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2015, 07:33 AM   #15
Cryptoverse

I bought this website in the early morning of christmas, and spent a good amount of effort perfecting it's graphics. I would rather just link the website than post an image of it(for full effect):

DirectedEnergyWeapons.net; Purple/Magenta/Pink art theme:
http://www.directedenergyweapons.net/
Omnisense Electronic Press Kit

Last edited by Cryptoverse; 31-12-2015 at 07:33 AM.
Cryptoverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2015, 12:11 PM   #16
Firewand

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnisense View Post
I love:

Graphic Design:
Photoshop CS6

Video Editing:
Final Cut Pro X

Music Production:
Ableton Live 9 Suite

More software i love:
Valhalla Vintageverb (music reverb plugin)
Sylenth1 (Synthesizer, maybe my fav ever)
Eye Candy (photoshop Plugin)
iBooks Author (PDF Creating)
Final Music Converter (Converting audio files)

I would love Photoshop CS6 tips. This is my most recent learning I just love on photoshop:

Mess with the brightness and contrast when designing things. You can also black and white something, and colorize it exactly how you would like(with some limitations).

Photoshop CS6 is pretty awesome, especially the extended version which comes with the 3D plugin and a timeline for animation. No expert either with photoshop though, I'm still learning myself bud. I also really like a program called Xara designer pro, which is a bit similar to photoshop and a tad easier to learn. Check it out, it's a great program for web design, where you can create some stunning pictures, objects, and text, in 2D and in 3D if you want, you can also animate pretty much anything inside it too. You can create some stunning 3D text in a matter of minutes inside Xara.

A guy called Terry White does some excellent tutorials on photoshop CS6.

Xara designer pro.

Not used final cut pro myself because I'm on a windows platform. I've gone back to using Adobe PP for my final edits and renders now, as it seems to give a slightly better final render than Vegas, slightly richer colours in the final edit and render I feel.

If you haven't already used After Effects then it's a must. If you love photoshop then you'll really really love After Effects! Think of photoshop but playing with motion graphics instead and still images. Yes it has a rather steep learning curve.. when I first opened the program I was like WTF! Once you start getting then hang of it though you won't want to leave it alone! If you start using After effects then I highly recommend a plugin called Video Co-pilot element 3D! It's a cracking plugin for creating super high quality text and models, or anything you import into it really.

Last edited by Firewand; 31-12-2015 at 12:43 PM.
Old 01-01-2016, 02:00 AM   #17
Firewand

I Had a little play around in photoshop this evening and spiced up the forum title banner a bit if anybody ever gets fed up with the existing one. They're just quick examples of course. let me know if you want anything specific if you plan on changing anything, like changing the back ground colour and texture for example, or whatever. I can knock up something like this in a matter of minutes now, so it's no trouble.

Old 04-01-2016, 12:43 PM   #18
Firewand

There's really no need to spend thousands on good design software these days, at least not for us small guys anyway, who don't have to create the latest Hollywood computer-generated visual effects blockbuster.

Another excellent 3D programme that also comes with a free version is FormZ FREE. This new 3D design application takes a fresh approach to 3D modelling, aimed at designing and sketching ideas quickly and easily. http://www.formz.com/products/formzfree.html

Last edited by Firewand; 04-01-2016 at 12:44 PM.
Old 06-01-2016, 12:45 PM   #19
rotz
Premier Subscribers

Nice thread. I'm at work at the moment so will have to check out the examples later on.

I'm awful at design and never learned to use any programs properly outside of MS Paint, although I have dabbled in Movie maker and GIMP.

I have a good friend that does art for me and I was lucky to have a couple of my really old songs used in a couple of Jay4Lousie videos.

The most I have personally done, is force a piece of zombie footage on top of a Christmas cover I made last year. It just.... about worked.

I would love to have more time to learn how to make videos for my music but it take me too long to finish the music!
rotz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2016, 10:47 PM   #20
Firewand

Test render clip for my up and coming Nationalist revival video.