Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat

Old 28-01-2019, 11:24 AM   #1
garethicke
Administrator

Default New Forum

Hello all.
This forum will become read only at the end of February. I think we need a new start, with a new forum that will allow us to add many more features in the future. Unfortunately we are a bit limited where we are.

We don't want to lose the masses of information on here, which is why we are keeping it as a read only forum.

Our new forum is at https://social.davidicke.com

To continue posting after February 28th, please feel free to step across and sign up there!

Regards,
Gareth
garethicke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2019, 11:52 AM   #2
truegroup

Location: Conspiracy research is all about proof, not assumption!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garethicke View Post
Hello all.
This forum will become read only at the end of February. I think we need a new start, with a new forum that will allow us to add many more features in the future. Unfortunately we are a bit limited where we are.

We don't want to lose the masses of information on here, which is why we are keeping it as a read only forum.

Our new forum is at https://social.davidicke.com

To continue posting after February 28th, please feel free to step across and sign up there!

Regards,
Gareth
Error code: 2S129/1 on sign up.
truegroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2019, 12:35 PM   #3
oz93666

Quote:
... I think we need a new start, with a new forum that will allow us to add many more features in the future. Unfortunately we are a bit limited where we are.
I'm at a loss to understand the logic behind this ..."more features"

Just what sort of features does a forum need ???

Admittedly this forum , like many others , has been on the decline. People just don't take the subject seriously , only a few members have a good grasp of the basics.

I doubt a revamp will change that . And despite the old forum content being preserved , once posts are banned no one will visit and all the information will be effectively lost.
oz93666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2019, 12:55 PM   #4
garethicke
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by truegroup View Post
all working fine our end.
Old 28-01-2019, 12:57 PM   #5
garethicke
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz93666 View Post
I'm at a loss to understand the logic behind this ..."more features"

Just what sort of features does a forum need ???

Admittedly this forum , like many others , has been on the decline. People just don't take the subject seriously , only a few members have a good grasp of the basics.

I doubt a revamp will change that . And despite the old forum content being preserved , once posts are banned no one will visit and all the information will be effectively lost.
Yes, the ability to intigrate the forum in with the main site, and be able to have subscribers and forum members in the same database so signing in is easier, and we're able to have member referrals and all sorts of other features. Vbulletin is largely pointless as it isn't compatible with anything.
Old 28-01-2019, 12:59 PM   #6
oz93666

..... But clearly the change is going ahead , so I'd like to offer a few suggestions about keeping the new forum more orderly and effective ...

How many Brexit threads do we have here?? "how many Paul is dead " threads .. Apollo Hoax threads??? there should only be one thread on each otherwise it's chaos , the information is scattered , often overlooked.

People do like to start new threads on an already existing subject ... OK , let them , but after a week it should be amalgamated with the already existing thread on that subject.

The problem with this idea is , for example , someone who believes in Apollo will try to get in first and start a thread titled "Why Apollo happened " .. so moderators should be able to change the title of important threads like this to something like "Apollo fake or real?"
oz93666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2019, 01:13 PM   #7
truegroup

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz93666 View Post
..... But clearly the change is going ahead , so I'd like to offer a few suggestions about keeping the new forum more orderly and effective ...

How many Brexit threads do we have here?? "how many Paul is dead " threads .. Apollo Hoax threads??? there should only be one thread on each otherwise it's chaos , the information is scattered , often overlooked.

People do like to start new threads on an already existing subject ... OK , let them , but after a week it should be amalgamated with the already existing thread on that subject.

The problem with this idea is , for example , someone who believes in Apollo will try to get in first and start a thread titled "Why Apollo happened " .. so moderators should be able to change the title of important threads like this to something like "Apollo fake or real?"
To simplify. Paul isn't dead and Apollo wasn't faked. The only "chaos" seems to stem from people unable to use the search function to see that their claim was possibly answered dozens of times already.

As for your idea, already done years ago. There was an enormous "mega thread on Apollo" and the major bias was that all the front end responses are the ones people tend to look at first whilst ignoring replies 2-3-20 pages later.

TOTALLY IMPRACTICAL.
Old 28-01-2019, 01:16 PM   #8
truegroup

Quote:
all working fine our end.
Confirmed
Old 28-01-2019, 04:13 PM   #9
bamboozooka

what does did not pass the security check mean? what check is involved as i never saw anything on the sign up page
bamboozooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2019, 04:26 PM   #10
metak88

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboozooka View Post
what does did not pass the security check mean? what check is involved as i never saw anything on the sign up page
Do you have any extensions enabled that block scripts and such? I received the same message and had to temporarily disable blocker to register.
Old 28-01-2019, 04:45 PM   #11
serpentine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboozooka View Post
what does did not pass the security check mean? .....

It suspects you are not human.

There may be a lot of non-humans checking out the content of the forum.
serpentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2019, 04:46 PM   #12
supertzar

Twelve year run! Not too bad; a full cycle.

Last edited by supertzar; 28-01-2019 at 04:47 PM.
supertzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2019, 05:29 PM   #13
zArk[ie]
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by truegroup View Post
i got that when my VPN was on, VPN off --sign up a-ok
zArk[ie] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2019, 07:24 PM   #14
bamboozooka

turned off my ad blocker and worked. thx
bamboozooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2019, 11:21 PM   #15
wingwang

Quote:
I think we need a new start, with a new forum that will allow us to add many more features in the future. Unfortunately we are a bit limited where we are.
'scuse my pessimism, but I think this is a bad move...

wingwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2019, 12:52 AM   #16
truegroup

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingwang View Post
'scuse my pessimism, but I think this is a bad move...
Understatement of the year.
Old 29-01-2019, 02:25 AM   #17
decim

DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional, for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of organisation entity living, dead or in any other state of existence are coincidental. Any opinion, comment or statements related or attributed to this username are not necessarily nor implied to be those held by the ip/computer/username or other electronic media device or service owner/user.
decim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2019, 02:36 AM   #18
Dude111

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by garethicke

Regards,
Gareth
Very sad Gareth you went with IPB4 .. It doesnt render as good on older browsers (slower) or look anywhere near as good......

Its sad....... I have been here many years and loved this site.......and I guess I wont be when you disable this wonderful VBB site...... You told me months ago the VBB site would stay the same........... (Not be disabled)

Why not leave both going?? Those who like this can stay here..........

Why take something beautiful down and replace it with something not as nice??

I just dont get it.......

Last edited by Dude111; 29-01-2019 at 02:43 AM.
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2019, 10:49 AM   #19
garethicke
Administrator

I understand that people don't like change. But the forum is a lot of effort to run, and in terms of premium subscribers and such, it's a nightmare at my end. With a forum integrated in with the site, we'll be able to add new features, and book offers, subscription discounts, referral schemes, etc. All the things we've wanted to do for a long time.

At the moment, in terms of time and effort, the forum is a bit of a millstone, so by moving to a better system, it means we can keep the forum, and by making this one read only, we don't lose any information, but we don't need to manage it and moderate it.

By keeping this one open, and keeping the new one open, we'd affectively have to moderate two forums.
Old 29-01-2019, 02:03 PM   #20
leighcgilbert
Premier Subscribers

There are fewer categories in the new forum than the old. Is there likely to be an increase in variety in the new forum? Also, if someone wants to continue an old thread in the new forum, would they just repeat the original op-ed, then refer the reader to the old forum?
leighcgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote