Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Survival / Local Economies / Communities

Old 25-09-2013, 12:47 PM   #1
vorwahr
Inactive

Smile The campfire

image hosting websites

Grab a seat and tell us where your headed or what you've been up to .
vorwahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2013, 06:09 PM   #2
tom bombadil

Nice idea

Today, after work, I got in to finish a bit of painting. This is cos I am moving house as soon as its sold.

tom bombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2013, 06:10 PM   #3
tom bombadil

Pass me a stick for my marsh-mellow
Old 25-09-2013, 06:31 PM   #4
giblet
Inactive

Hi,

I have spent the summer gathering wood, getting sorted for Winter. Only managed to get the log burner completed in May. Need to be gathering next Winter's wood this Summer really, but I'll get there. I did manage to source a fair few seasoned logs for nothing plus gardened for people and got logs for that. I am happy. Though I feel completely fucked. I am trying my best to live without technology. Therefore I prefer to use hand saws instead of chainsaws, a wheelbarrow instead of a four wheel drive. I'd love an old Landrover though. Very rarely watch television but got one anyway and a DVD player that plays CDs which happens a lot. Got a television license too. I can't remember the last time I saw anything on the BBC worth watching. Oh yes I can, Larkrise to Candleford. I'm more of a Larkrise type to be honest. I use electricity when I have to and enjoy physical labour.

I'm heading to a point where everything makes sense and I've still got a long way to go. What about you?
giblet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2013, 06:41 PM   #5
giblet
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom bombadil View Post
Pass me a stick for my marsh-mellow
I would if they weren't all covered in dog shit. The river bank near our house is covered in it.
What's the story behind you moving, owt good?
giblet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2013, 09:28 PM   #6
tom bombadil

Moving to escape the monoteny of life.

Fed-up of middle england. Going off to do the self reliant stuff in Wales.

Going now before I have to.
Old 25-09-2013, 11:39 PM   #7
fuhquitz

Quote:

Lucky you, envious much. Enjoy

Up to - drawing a cartoon for a client's stained glass panel; also will be doing some (unrelated) DIY. Currently sat with a *very* large mug of tea.

Heading to - better health or an early death, preferably the former as I'm halfway to achieving that.

...and I have brought my own sticks and a couple of bags of marshmallows. Would you like to share some?
Old 07-04-2014, 06:18 PM   #8
old_stag

I did my first bit of wild camping this year last week. Unfortunately I forgot to charge the battery on my new-fangled camera before I left so I don't have any pictures. My old one ran on AA batteries, no need to take a plug away with you.
Anyway I camped on Loch Lomondside and not only did I bring home my first tick of the year, I was swarmed by midges as I packed up the tent. An early start for them this year but they aren't biting yet at least.
I did get to hear a tawny owl and see a tribe of wild goats peacefully browsing in the oak woods just by my tent. The honking of geese in April always cheers me up too, summer is on the way!
"I know corries in Argyll that whisper silken to the wind with juicy grasses. Corries where the deer love to prance deep in the cool dew and the beasts of far-off woods come in bands at their seasons and together rejoice." from John Splendid by Neil Munro
old_stag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 11:15 PM   #9
vorwahr
Inactive

Saw the first bats since winter the other night
Tbey were swooping down along the canal path
Picking off moths I think ,
Trout are rising in the rivers again aswell
And wild onions are up even saw a lupin about a foot tall
Spring has sprung buds are out hawthorns in leaf
It's all kicking off for another year .

First good weekend I will head off maybe take a dog with me
Just me on the bike four paw drive
Head into the woods for a night or two
Bottle of wine and chill out recharge the batteries etc .
Wouldnt rule out a coastal trip actually .
Been a while since I camped on the beach amongst the dunes with a driftwood fire .
Old 09-04-2014, 06:40 PM   #10
greenfellow
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_stag View Post
I did my first bit of wild camping this year last week. Unfortunately I forgot to charge the battery on my new-fangled camera before I left so I don't have any pictures. My old one ran on AA batteries, no need to take a plug away with you.
Anyway I camped on Loch Lomondside and not only did I bring home my first tick of the year, I was swarmed by midges as I packed up the tent. An early start for them this year but they aren't biting yet at least.
I did get to hear a tawny owl and see a tribe of wild goats peacefully browsing in the oak woods just by my tent. The honking of geese in April always cheers me up too, summer is on the way!
Did you use a repellent?

also, how did you treat the bites?

Last edited by greenfellow; 09-04-2014 at 06:42 PM.
greenfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 06:31 AM   #11
old_stag

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfellow View Post
Did you use a repellent?

also, how did you treat the bites?
I have a pair of sharp tweezers for tick removal. I usually take them with me for wild camping.
The midges weren't biting yet. I used to use Avon Skin So Soft and it worked fairly well, but I've moved on to Smidge which is more expensive but easier for me to get.
I'll be getting a head-net for this summer as I think we are in for a bumper crop of the little blighters this year.
"I know corries in Argyll that whisper silken to the wind with juicy grasses. Corries where the deer love to prance deep in the cool dew and the beasts of far-off woods come in bands at their seasons and together rejoice." from John Splendid by Neil Munro
Old 14-04-2014, 01:37 AM   #12
vorwahr
Inactive

Quote:
I have a pair of sharp tweezers for tick removal. I usually take them with me for wild camping.
The midges weren't biting yet. I used to use Avon Skin So Soft and it worked fairly well, but I've moved on to Smidge which is more expensive but easier for me to get.
I'll be getting a head-net for this summer as I think we are in for a bumper crop of the little blighters this year.
There's two stages to a midgie attack ,
first you fear you might die
Then you fear you might not .

Old 31-05-2014, 08:38 PM   #13
old_stag

I was stumbling down Glen Buckie last night late on and wandered into a massive mayfly hatch. The air full of creatures with just a day to live was quite something to see. Respect to nature.
Old 31-05-2014, 09:22 PM   #14
truthspoon
Banned

Few beers in the local bar near work then home to get stoned as fck on Moroccon hash.

Playing Bob Marley in the bar 'Is this love?' as I type.

It's either Pink Floyd, Dire Straits or Bob Marley in this bar. Nothing else. Not bad vibes for Morocco.

Last edited by truthspoon; 31-05-2014 at 09:23 PM.
truthspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 02:11 AM   #15
terrien
Inactive

Our landlord just kicked us out because he's having a kid and wants the house back. So it's back to mom's to work on a record and a book. No work this summer!
terrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 12:46 AM   #16
vorwahr
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss pirate View Post
Few beers in the local bar near work then home to get stoned as fck on Moroccon hash.

Playing Bob Marley in the bar 'Is this love?' as I type.

It's either Pink Floyd, Dire Straits or Bob Marley in this bar. Nothing else. Not bad vibes for Morocco.
Say high to ressistance .
Old 09-06-2014, 02:24 PM   #17
old_stag

I've been away wild camping through the Southern Highlands and even after just six days of sleeping in the wild you notice the differences when you come back to the city.
There is mess and dirt everywhere. Dog dirt all over the street, people dropping litter and chewing gum plastered all over pavements. Our society (Well I am talking about Scotland) is careless, thoughtless and heartless.
People stick their head down and walk past ignoring you unless they want to stare at you for some reason.
It makes me laugh when people I work with ask me if I'm not scared sleeping out in a tent in the countryside, when the walk to get to work at night is where the real danger lies.
Anyway, here's to the countryside, and sleeping under the stars.
Old 10-06-2014, 02:38 PM   #18
hagrid

Quote:

let us know how you get on Tom, don't be a stranger
hagrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 02:48 PM   #19
peabrain
Inactive

Quote:
I've been away wild camping through the Southern Highlands and even after just six days of sleeping in the wild you notice the differences when you come back to the city.
There is mess and dirt everywhere. Dog dirt all over the street, people dropping litter and chewing gum plastered all over pavements. Our society (Well I am talking about Scotland) is careless, thoughtless and heartless.
People stick their head down and walk past ignoring you unless they want to stare at you for some reason.
It makes me laugh when people I work with ask me if I'm not scared sleeping out in a tent in the countryside, when the walk to get to work at night is where the real danger lies.
Anyway, here's to the countryside, and sleeping under the stars.
amen, just as long as we get some clear nights to see the stars In saying that
wild camping in any weather can still be a great experience with the right equipment and attitude, oo and the right company aswell , nothing worse than moaners tagging along
peabrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 06:14 PM   #20
old_stag

Let's see if I can work out how to post a picture. This is my pitch on the hills high above Loch Tay when I was hiking the Rob Roy way recently.