Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Astrology / Tarot / Numerology

Old 15-07-2013, 06:14 PM   #1
lyrag

Default Have you tried vedic astrology? death prediction

I was wondering how many of you have used or had your astrology charts done using one of the branches of vedic astrology?

I am a total beginner in astrology, I read alot on what others write and I do other peoples charts on the online programs available but I only really understand the fixed signs(like mars in gemini, moon in virgo etc?) and not all the aspects,stars,trines,squares etc

I have had my western astrology chart interpreted and it was very 'sugar coated' compared to my vedic KP interpretation.

My vedic chart was very very dark interpretation, basically anything bad you can imagine was thrown into it.

So im intrigued with others charts, if this is just the general theme of vedic to be dark in nature?
Also my death was predicted, this person says they have predicted many peoples deaths in the past and have gotten them all correct. It seems the vedic death calculation is pretty much spot on, I cant find any info on anybody saying that they outlived their vedic death calculation.

It would be interesting if anybody is interested to many have your own chart done and also somebody you know who has passed to see how correct these methods are.
lyrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2013, 08:04 PM   #2
valens

Well it is unlikely that every prediction has been true, but I suppose it is a nice selling-point. It really depends on what technique was used. I am currently out-living the technique given in Jaimini Upadesa, and in all honestly, I didn't find much value in Indian astrology (Jaimini school or otherwise) though I know many people make great predictions using it.

I practice Babylonian and Hellenistic astrology, and the death predictions there are usually sound. The problem is that one of the death-signifying configuration will always show the eventual death, but not every death-signifying configuration shows the actual death. Sometimes they show dangerous illnesses, close-escapes after accidents, near-fatal attacks and so on. Some of it is common-sense. For instance, I could see my grandfather's death in my father's chart. More specifically, it was shown in this chart as a period of real physical trouble for my father's father, and it could have just been an intensification of health problems for him but at 80+ years old, it is probably safe to conclude that such a configuration is indeed showing the actual death of the chart owner's father.

The ancient texts outline many methods of giving a rough estimate of years to help narrow down which death-signifying configuration will actually show the physical death but with our average life-expectancy being higher and, I suspect, a little obscurantism being performed by the compilers of the techniques, further research must be done on it and this is something I am actively trying to reconstruct for our modern times.
valens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2013, 06:52 PM   #3
lyrag

Quote:
Originally Posted by valens View Post
Well it is unlikely that every prediction has been true, but I suppose it is a nice selling-point. It really depends on what technique was used. I am currently out-living the technique given in Jaimini Upadesa, and in all honestly, I didn't find much value in Indian astrology (Jaimini school or otherwise) though I know many people make great predictions using it.

I practice Babylonian and Hellenistic astrology, and the death predictions there are usually sound. The problem is that one of the death-signifying configuration will always show the eventual death, but not every death-signifying configuration shows the actual death. Sometimes they show dangerous illnesses, close-escapes after accidents, near-fatal attacks and so on. Some of it is common-sense. For instance, I could see my grandfather's death in my father's chart. More specifically, it was shown in this chart as a period of real physical trouble for my father's father, and it could have just been an intensification of health problems for him but at 80+ years old, it is probably safe to conclude that such a configuration is indeed showing the actual death of the chart owner's father.

The ancient texts outline many methods of giving a rough estimate of years to help narrow down which death-signifying configuration will actually show the physical death but with our average life-expectancy being higher and, I suspect, a little obscurantism being performed by the compilers of the techniques, further research must be done on it and this is something I am actively trying to reconstruct for our modern times.
I agree that its unlikely but like I said I cannot find anything anywhere saying that somebodies death prediction was incorrect. Western astrologers though time and time again say that they can only predict mothers/fathers deaths in a persons chart and its to difficult to predict other things, even things like accidents can depend on the person, somebody who is more spiritually minded it might just be a rough mental learning period and might not ever manifest physically, wheras somebody who fails to learn the lessons will get a physical sign until they will listen to it kind of thing.

I have never heard of Jaimini Upadesa will give it a google. To be honest I have never been interested in vedic astrology but was asking about western astrology when a vedic astrologer said alot of quite negative things that backed up what I already thought... so it got me intrigued. The death age she predicted for me is only a couple of years off what I predicted myself just with trying to 'see into the future' using psychic methods. I get stopped there and cant see past it BUT as a teen I got 'blocked' from seeing past my own age now so maybe just my imagination.

I would LOVE to prove these death predictions wrong by using techniques such as positive affirmations, Im a big believer in the healer/author Louise Hay in her theories of why illness/death occur (of course we all die naturally at some point but this is about illness and death that can be avoided when it is caused by our own thoughts and emotions/issues etc) I guess even science has now proved these theories to be correct on some level. So interesting how these things would interact with what is predestined.

Is Babylonian and Hellenistic astrology difficult to learn? I am very very bad with maths and lacking in skills totally in that aspect, just reading what others astrologers write to each other on forums blags my head.

Do you think there is some very useful reason as to why death predictions started, can they be avoid? Or is it just human curiosity always wanting to look inside pandoras box?

Wow it is beyond me how you can go about altering things that already seem so complicated. I have read so many things about the universe changing so much that its virtually impossible to keep track of it for things like astrology, but then the astrological weather reports always seem so fitting, and not in a horoscope one fits all type of way...
lyrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2013, 10:35 PM   #4
valens

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyrag View Post
I agree that its unlikely but like I said I cannot find anything anywhere saying that somebodies death prediction was incorrect. Western astrologers though time and time again say that they can only predict mothers/fathers deaths in a persons chart and its to difficult to predict other things, even things like accidents can depend on the person, somebody who is more spiritually minded it might just be a rough mental learning period and might not ever manifest physically, wheras somebody who fails to learn the lessons will get a physical sign until they will listen to it kind of thing.
Well firstly by "Western astrology" I think you and your astrologer mean the modern version prevalent now, but this is not what I practice. Babylonian and Hellenistic astrology is, as far as we can tell, the precursor to all other forms, Indian included. Modern Western is not good for predicting much other than rather general character traits which may or may not be accurate and itself has very unstable and contradictory philosophical foundations. Babylonian and Hellenistic (and also later Perso-Arabic) astrology is a predictive art and much of it is found in later Indian horoscopy, so they can do the same things although, in my experience, some Indian schools claim great accuracy but in reality use convoluted methods to arrive at their conclusions and such methods are difficult to predict with as they hold too many variables - they (the techniques) are good for saying "ah this is why this event occured", but not so great at predicting in advance because of their complexity.

Quote:
I would LOVE to prove these death predictions wrong by using techniques such as positive affirmations, Im a big believer in the healer/author Louise Hay in her theories of why illness/death occur (of course we all die naturally at some point but this is about illness and death that can be avoided when it is caused by our own thoughts and emotions/issues etc) I guess even science has now proved these theories to be correct on some level. So interesting how these things would interact with what is predestined.
Well this concept of fate and free-will is nothing if you consider that all things come from God (or whatever label you choose to give) and that includes your own affirmations, emotions and perception/delusions of choice and free-will. If we are from a source which exists outside of linear time and in no and all space at once how can I, ultimately, be anything but what I always will and always was and am at this moment?

Quote:
Is Babylonian and Hellenistic astrology difficult to learn? I am very very bad with maths and lacking in skills totally in that aspect, just reading what others astrologers write to each other on forums blags my head.
I won't lie, it has taken me 4 years of every day study to be able to read charts as I can now. Some things come easier than others, and some come not at all! If you were to take it seriously, it is a journey but one worth taking. As I said, the ancient texts can be very difficult to understand and I think deliberately so. Sometimes things come easily, sometimes with a flash of inspiration and sometimes using a principle found in another part of the text. This last point means you really have to study the full text many times over to understand, and you have to remember that these men were the brightest and best minds of their time using languages more elegant and complex than the languages we speak and write in in modernity. If you can read text and understand what is being said without it being stated then you already have a big head-start on most people. The real trick is to understand the philosophy and world-view of the person who compiled the text. The actual reading of a chart is just taking components and moulding them into a coherent story; reading details but keeping an eye on the bigger picture.

Quote:
Do you think there is some very useful reason as to why death predictions started, can they be avoid? Or is it just human curiosity always wanting to look inside pandoras box?
Practically so the astrologer didn't waste time predicting events which weren't going to happen as the person would be dead before they could perfect. Spiritually so the person can accept the cycle of life they have been given. Personally, I don't think anything can be changed as I see existence as an expression of God's will but we don't have God's awareness, so from our perception we appear to change much of our own life, so much so that God no longer exists to many. To one attuned to God's will, death is just another turn of the cycle we souls find ourselves in, but of course we live in some very spiritually corrupt times, so death is something to be feared and vexed over.
valens is offline   Reply With Quote