Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Recommended Reading, Viewing and Audio

Old 06-06-2014, 11:27 PM   #641
lightgiver

Lightbulb NanA

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightgiver View Post
The Stewards also informally referred to as Blackshirts were the paramilitary wing of the British Union of Fascists (BUF).. They served a similar role as the Blackshirts of the National Fascist Party of Italy and also wore black uniforms.. The Stewards were officially an organization of guards that were to protect Oswald Mosley and eject groups of hecklers from the audience of speeches by BUF officials.. In practice the Stewards physically assaulted hecklers and political opponents with truncheons of rubber or lead..Steward, an older term for a male flight attendant..The Stewards of Gondor were rulers from J. R. R. Tolkien's legendarium of Middle-earth..Stewing is suitable for the least tender cuts of meat that become tender and juicy with the slow moist heat method. This makes it popular in low-cost cooking.. Cuts having a certain amount of marbling and gelatinous connective tissue give moist, juicy stews, while lean meat may easily become dry..The Hess Corporation (formerly Amerada Hess) is a large American-based integrated oil company headquartered in New York City, and a Fortune 100 corporation...

Quote:
All 243 passengers and 16 crew members were killed, as were 11 residents of Lockerbie.. Of the 270 total fatalities, 189 were American citizens and 43 were British citizens. No more than 4 of the remaining 37 victims of the bombing came from any one of the 19 other countries..With 189 Americans killed, the bombing was the deadliest act of terror against the U.S. prior to 11 September 2001.. Many of the passengers came from the states of New Jersey and New York..Prominent among the passenger victims was the 50-year-old UN Commissioner for Namibia, Bernt Carlsson, who would have attended the signing ceremony of the New York Accords at the UN headquarters on 22 December 1988..Also aboard were: Volkswagen America CEO James Fuller and Volkswagen America Marketing Director Lou Marengo, who were returning from a meeting with Volkswagen executives in West Germany; musician Paul Jeffreys and his wife Rachel; poet and former girlfriend of musician Robert Fripp, Joanna Walton, credited with writing most of the lyrics on Fripp's 1979 album Exposure; Jonathan White, the son of actor David White, who played Larry Tate on the American 1960s sitcom Bewitched; Alfred Hill, a promising young physicist..The fireball rose above the houses and moved toward the nearby Glasgow–Carlisle A74 dual carriageway, scorching cars in the southbound lanes and leading motorists and local residents to believe that there had been a meltdown at the nearby Chapelcross nuclear power station..The R&B singing group The Four Tops had been scheduled to board Pan Am Flight 103 to return to the United States for Christmas after completing their European tour, but were late getting out of a recording session and overslept..Punk rock musician John Lydon (Johnny Rotten) of the Sex Pistols and Public Image Ltd. and his wife, Nora, were also booked on Pan Am Flight 103, but missed it due to delays..The No. 1 world tennis player in 1988, Mats Wilander, had made a reservation but did not take a seat on the flight..The actress Kim Cattrall was also booked on the flight but changed her reservation shortly beforehand in order to complete some last-minute gift shopping in London...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steward
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=173Hey, I'll pay for pizza if you go get it..Between these mountains somewhere there's a green valley.. See those mountains over there? There's no snow on them..Those mountains must be 50 miles away.. You think you can spacewalk 50 miles.. I love music but he should finish what he started...http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=183

Last edited by lightgiver; 06-06-2014 at 11:55 PM.
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 11:48 PM   #642
lightgiver

Lightbulb VSidE

The media, which includes the Internet, plays an important role.. How it presents depiction of suicide may have a negative effect, with high volume, prominent, repetitive coverage glorifying or romanticizing suicide having the most impact.. When detailed descriptions of how to commit suicide by a specific means is portrayed, this method of suicide may increase in the population as a whole..This trigger of 'suicide contagion' or copycat suicide is known as the Werther effect, named after the protagonist in Goethe's The Sorrows of Young Werther, who committed suicide..This risk is greater in adolescents who may romanticize death..There is no known unifying underlying pathophysiology for either suicide or depression.. It is however believed to result from an interplay of behavioral, socio-environmental and psychiatric factors..There are an estimated 10 to 20 million non-fatal attempted suicides every year.. Attempts are more common in young people and females..For B's, since the first precept is to refrain from the destruction of life, including one's self, suicide is seen as a negative act.. If someone commits suicide in anger, he may be reborn in a sorrowful realm due to negative final thoughts..This reaction, or repercussion, is the cause of conditions and differences one encounters in life...

Quote:
Rational suicide is the reasoned taking of one's own life,although some feel that suicide is never logical.. The act of taking one's life for the benefit of others is known as altruistic suicide..An example of this is an elder ending his or her life to leave greater amounts of food for the younger people in the community.. Suicide in some Eskimo cultures has been seen as an act of respect, courage, or wisdom..A suicide attack is a political action where an attacker carries out violence against others which they understand will result in their own death.. Some suicide bombers are motivated by a desire to obtain martyrdoms.. Kamikaze Missions were carried out as a duty to a higher cause or moral obligation.. Murder–suicide is an act of homicide followed within a week by suicide of the person who carried out the act..The opposite of the Werther effect is the proposed Papageno effect, in which coverage of effective coping mechanisms may have a protective effect.. The term is based upon a character in Mozart's opera The Magic Flute, who (fearing the loss of a loved one) had planned to commit suicide until his friends helped him out..When media follows recommended reporting guidelines the risk of suicides can be decreased.Getting buy-in from industry, however, can be difficult, especially in the long term..During the samurai era in Japan, seppuku was respected as a means of atonement for failure or as a form of protest. Sati, a now outlawed East Indian practice, expected the widow to immolate herself on her husband's funeral pyre, either willingly or under pressure from the Family and Society...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0159097/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor...mitted_suicide
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...0&postcount=64Do you know what it is that we've lived this long the way we have..I spent my life protecting my family!..This is greatness - You know, Michael, now that you're so respectable I think you're more dangerous than you ever were.. In fact, I preferred you when you were just a common Mafia Hood...http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=171

Last edited by lightgiver; 06-06-2014 at 11:55 PM.
Old 07-06-2014, 04:01 AM   #643
lightgiver

Lightbulb That's A- My Mama

The Moors were the medieval Muslim inhabitants of the Maghreb, Iberian Peninsula, Sicily and Malta.. Their descendants are presently known as the Maghrebis..The Moors invaded the Iberian Peninsula in 711 and called the territory Al-Andalus, an area which at different times comprised Gibraltar, most of Spain and Portugal, and parts of Southern France. There was also a Moorish presence in what is now Southern Italy, primarily in Sicily. They occupied Mazara on Sicily in 827 and in 1224 were Xspelled to the settlement of Lucera, which was destroyed in 1300..The religious difference of the Moorish Muslims led to a centuries-long conflict with the Christian kingdoms of Europe called the Reconquista.The Fall of Granada in 1492 saw the end of the Muslim rule in Iberia..Earlier,Classical Romans interacted with ( later conquered) parts of Mauretania, a state that covered northern portions of modern Morocco and much of north western and central Algeria during the classical period. The people of the region were noted in Classical literature as the Mauri. Today such groups inhabit Mauritania and parts of Algeria, Western Sahara, Morocco, Niger and Mali..In the languages of Europe, a number of associated ethnic groups have been historically designated as "Moors". In the modern Iberian Peninsula, "Moor" is sometimes colloquially applied to any person from North Africa, but some people consider this usage of the term pejorative,whether in the Spanish version "moro", or in the Portuguese version "mouro"..Isidore of Seville, writing in the se7enth century claimed the Latin word Maurus was derived from the Greek mauron, which is the Greek word for black..In the Medieval Romance languages (such as Portuguese, Spanish, French, Italian, Romanian), the Latin word took such forms as mouro, moro, moir, mor and maur.. From denoting a specific Berber people in western Libya, the name acquired more general meaning in the Romance languages during the medieval period, partly developing a general meaning of "Muslim", partly (much like "Saracens") taking a religious meaning of "infidels" in the context of the Crusades and the Reconquista...

Quote:
Moorish ArcHitecture is the articulated Berber–Islamic and Hispano–Islamic architecture of North Africa, and the Iberian peninsula..Characteristic elements include muqarnas, horseshoe arches, voussoirs, domes, crenellated arches, lancet arches, ogee arches, courtyards, and decorative tile work..The geology of the North York Moors is dominated by rocks of the Jurassic period..They were mostly laid down in subtropical seas 205 to 142 million years ago. Fluctuations in sea level produced different rock types varying from shales to sandstones and limestones derived from coral.. These marine and delta deposited rocks are superbly exposed on the Yorkshire coast from Staithes to Filey..The North York Moors are drained by 2 main river systems.The northern part of the area is drained by the River Esk and its tributaries. The Esk flows from West to East and empties into the North Sea at Whitby..To the south the moors are drained by the River Derwent and its tributary the River Rye.. The Derwent crosses the Vale of PicKering flowing westwards, turns southwards at Malton and flows through the eastern part of the Vale of York before emptying into the River Ouse at BarmBy on the Marsh..The North York Moors National Park encompasses 2 main types of landscape, whose differences are clearly visible, and the Coastal Belt.. There are predominantly green areas of pasture land and the purple and brown Heather Moorland.. The 2 kinds of scenery are the result of differences in the underlying geology and each supports different wildlife communities...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moors
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/True_Romance
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=207Sicilians are great lyers.. The best in the world.. I'm Sicilian.. My father was the world heavy-weight champion of Sicilian lyears.. From growing up with him I learned the pantomime christmas tree thing..There are se7enteen different things a guy can do when he dyes to give himself away.. A Guys got se7enteen pantomimes.. A woman's got 20, but a guy's got se7enteen... but, if you know them, like you know your own face, they beat lye detectors all to El.. Now, what we got here is a little game of show and tell.. You don't wanna show me nothin', but you're tellin me everything. I know you know where they are, so tell me before I do some damage you won't walk away from..Ya know, I read a lot.. Especially about things... about history. I find that Atomic Skull fascinating.. Here's a fact I don't know whether you know or not..You're Sicilian, huho-Yeah, Sicilian...Sicilians were spawned by...http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=734

Last edited by lightgiver; 07-06-2014 at 04:22 AM.
Old 07-06-2014, 06:14 AM   #644
lightgiver

Lightbulb Wired

She said You were like an AnGel...

Once upon a time there was this person named M...

A Boy who communicates with spirits that don't know they're dead seeks the help of a disheartened child psychologist..Released 5 November 1999 (UK)..Free association writing is when you take a pencil in your hand and you put the pencil to a peice of paper and you start writing. You don't look at or think about what you're writing.. And after a while, you keep writing long enough, words and thoughts come out that you didn't even know you had in you.. It could be something you heard, something you saw, or feelings you had deep inside of you.. Have you done any free association writing...
Quote:
November 9 – TAESA Flight 725, covering the route Tijuana–Guadalajara–Uruapan–Mexico City, crashes a few minutes after takeoff from Uruapan International Airport, killing 18 people on board. This event causes the bankruptcy of the Mexican airline a few months later\12 – A 7.2-magnitude EQ causing damage and 894 fatalities in Duzce, Turkey. The epicenter was approx. 100 km (62 mi) to the East of the Moment magnitude 7.4 1999 İzmit earthquake of 17 August 1999, which killed over 17,000 people/15 - Next transit of Mercury visible in North America\18 – The Aggie Bonfire collapses in College Station, TX, killing 12/Düzce is the 81st and the newest province of Turkey.. It is situated on the Black Sea between the Capital Ankara and Istanbul..Historical Konuralp is 8 km north of Düzce; first settlements there go back to 3rd century BC. Until 74 BC it was one of the most important cities belonging to the Bythinia State, which included Bilecik, Bolu, Sakarya, Kocaeli. It was conquered by Pontus and then by the Roman Empire..During the Roman period the city was influenced by Latin culture, and it changed its name to Prusias ad Hypium.. Later on Christianity affected the city and after the separation of the Roman Empire in 395, it was controlled by the Eastern Roman Empire (the later Byzantine Empire)..It was hit by the 1944 Düzce EQ, 1957 Abant EQ, 1967 Adapazari EQ..The earthquake occurred on the North Anatolian Fault..Since the disastrous 1939 Erzincan earthquake, there have been se7en earthquakes measuring over 7.0 in magnitude, each happening at a point progressively further west.. Seismologists studying this pattern believe that each EQ may trigger the next..Epicenter 40.82°N 31.23°E..In the related Vietnamese zodiac, the cat takes the place of the Rabbit - Earthly Branch of Birth Year-Mao-Wood (Mu)..(uppercase Μ, lowercase μ; Ancient Greek μῦ [mŷː], Modern Greek μι or μυ [mi]) is the 12th letter of the Greek alphabet..Opioid receptors are a group of G protein-coupled receptors with opioids as ligands..By the mid-1960s, it had become apparent from pharmacologic studies that opiate drugs were likely to exert their actions at specific receptor sites, and that there were likely to be multiple such site...

Quote:
Incendiary weapons, incendiary devices or incendiary bombs are weapons designed to start fires or destroy sensitive equipmentusing fire (and sometimes used as Anti-personnel weaponry), that use materials such as napalm, thermite, chlorine trifluoride, or white phosphorus.. Though colloquially often known as bombs, they are not explosives but in fact are designed to slow the process of chemical reactions and use ignition rather than detonation to start and or maintain the reaction. Napalm for example, is petroleum especially thickened with certain chemicals into a 'gel' to slow, but not stop, combustion, releasing energy over a longer time frame than an explosive device. In the case of napalm, the gel adheres to surfaces and resists suppression..Incendiary bombs have been used since ancient times. Greek fire, which was used by the Byzantine Empire, is a prime example; it was the cause of many naval victories..In the United States, polonium was produced as part of the Manhattan Project's Dayton Project during World War II. It was a critical part of the implosion-type nuclear weapon design used in the Fat Man bomb on Nagasaki in 1945. Polonium and beryllium were the key ingredients of the 'urchin' detonator at the center of the bomb's spherical plutonium pit.. The urchin ignited the nuclear chain reaction at the moment of prompt-criticality to ensure the bomb did not fizzle..Much of the basic physics of polonium was classified until after the war. The fact that it was used as an initiator was classified until the 1960s..The Atomic Energy Commission and the Manhattan Project funded human experiments using polonium on 5 people..at the University of Rochester between 1943 and 1947. The people were administered between 9 and 22 microcuries (330 and 810 kBq) of polonium to study its X-cretion..The Jesuits provided various kinds of support including military support to Kirishitan daimyo when they were threatened by non-Kirishitan daimyo. Most notable was their support of Omura Sumitada and Arima Harunobu, who fought against the anti-Catholic Ryuzoji clan.. In the 1580s, Valignano believed in the effectiveness of military action and fortified Nagasaki and Mogi.. In 1585, Gaspar Coelho asked the Spanish Philippines to send a fleet but the plan was rejected due to the shortness of its military capability. Christians Protasio Arima and Paulo Okamoto were named as principals in an assassination plot to murder the magistrate in charge of the Shogunate's most important port city of Nagasaki..while maintaining good trading relations with Portugal and Spain, which might have provided military support to Dom Justo Takayama, a Christian Daimyo in western Japan..Father Hubert Schiffer, (1915 - March 27, 1982) was 1 of 8 German Jesuits who survived the nuclear bomb "Little Boy" dropped on Hiroshima. He was only 8 blocks away from ground 0 when the Xplosion occurred.. Some Catholics believe the survival of the priests to have been a miracle. The group of Jesuits survived not only the X-plosion, but its members also survived to the radiation..Skeptics counter that while people inside Nagasaki's Urakami Cathedral were afforded no special protection, there were non-Catholic survivors even closer to the center of the blast in Hiroshima.. Eiko Taoka and 9 other people survived in a streetcar which was 750 meters from Ground Zer0...Demolition Flashes & Loud Explosions http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Polonium.jpg
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0167404/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incendiary
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=544She says she's sorry for taking the bumblebee pendant.. She just likes it a lot..I am in love..in love I am..Just needed to do a couple of things.. I needed to help someone; I think I did.. And I needed to tell you something.. You were never 2nd, Ever.. I love you..And the tiny hairs on your arm, you know when they stand up..That's them... http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=609

Last edited by lightgiver; 07-06-2014 at 06:29 AM.
Old 09-06-2014, 10:31 AM   #645
lightgiver

Arrow Spice World

The movie will begin in 5 moments the mindless voice announced when the Spice Girls perform their song "Too Much" on Top of the Pops, but they later become dissatisfied with the burdens of it.. The sinister newspaper owner, Kevin McMaxford , is attempting to ruin the girls' reputation and even dispatches a photographer, Damien , to take pictures and tape recordings of the girls.. Less threatening but more annoying is a Movie director, Piers Cuthbertson-Smyth, who stalks the girls along with his crew, hoping to use them as documentary subjects..The auditorium was vast and silent..RA.leased 26 December 1997 (UK)..

Quote:
10 December – John E. Walker wins the Nobel Prize in Chemistry jointly with Paul D. Boyer "for their elucidation of the enzymatic mechanism underlying the synthesis of adenosine triphosphate (ATP)"..Adenosine triphosphate (ATP) is a nucleoside triphosphate used in cells as a coenzyme. It is often called the "molecular unit of currency" of intracellular energy transfer.ATP transports chemical energy within cells for metabolism.. It is one of the end products of photophosphorylation, cellular respiration, and fermentation and used by enzymes and structural proteins in many cellular processes, including biosynthetic reactions, motility, and cell division..Anaerobic respiration is the process of respiration using an electron acceptor other than O2.. In prokaryotes, multiple electron acceptors can be used in anaerobic respiration. These include nitrate, sulfate or carbon dioxide. These processes lead to the ecologically important processes of denitrification, sulfate reduction and acetogenesis, respectively..The Calvin cycle, Calvin–Benson–Bassham (CBB) cycle, reductive pentose phosphate cycle or C3 cycle is a series of biochemical redox reactions that take place in the stroma of chloroplasts in photosynthetic organisms.. It is also known as the light-independent reactions..In 1989, Israel Hanukoglu from the Weizmann Institute of Science discovered that the consensus sequence for NADP binding site in some enzymes that utilize NADP differs from the NAD binding motif.. This discovery was used to re-engineer coenzyme specificities of enzymes\...18 –Myra Hindley loses her High Court appeal against the government's decision to keep her behind bars for the rest of her life-The Wiggles are an Australian children's music group formed in Sydney, New South Wales in 1991- Field and Fatt were members of The Cockroaches/19-Janet Jagan (the former wife of Cheddi Jagan) takes office in Guyana-born to middle-class Jewish parents in Chicago, Illinois\21 – Brazil beats Australia 6–0 in the Confederations Cup final/22 -Government announces an independent inquiry into the BSE crisis-12 people are arrested during protests by disabled people outside Downing Street\24 – 50–100 villagers are killed in the Sid El-Antri massacre in Algeria/27 – Ulster Loyalist leader Billy Wright is shot dead in the Maze Prison\29 - Hong Kong begins slaughtering all its chickens to prevent bird flu - Orville Lynn Majors, 36, arrested for many deaths under his care - Russia signs agreement to build a $3B nuclear power plant in China/30 – Wilaya of Relizane massacres of December 30, 1997: In the worst incident in Algeria's insurgency, 400 are killed from four villages in the wilaya of Relizane\31 – Singer Elton John and football legend Tom Finney among the men receiving knighthoods in the New Year's Honours List - S Afr & US surgeons separate Zambian Siamese twins joined at the head- More Swedes died than were born in 1997, 1st time since 1809...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120185/
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...4&postcount=83You are 47 years old, Mr.Cam..Why are you such a derelict.. Such a piece of human junk.. But you do have a nervous system. And so does a computer.. And you can scan a computer, as you would another human being..This was a test campaign used in 1947 to market a new product. The product was a drug, a tranquilizer called 'Ephemerol'.. It was aimed at pregnant women.. If it had worked it would have been marketed all over North America.. But the campaign failed and the drug failed, because it had a side effect on the unborn children.. An invisible side effect..I must remind you that the scanning experience is usually a painful one...http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...postcount=1353

Last edited by lightgiver; 09-06-2014 at 10:34 AM.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:00 AM   #646
bluehorseman

http://youtu.be/fPsMR7HvuZM
bluehorseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2014, 01:23 AM   #647
lightgiver

Lightbulb BRiDgEOVerARch

Quote:
IsoBel is a song by Icelandic singer-songwriter Björk. It was produced by Björk and Nellee Hooper for her 3rd studio album, Post (1995).. Written by frequent collaborator Sjón, the song's lyrics have been described as a fairy tale..Björk had written a book with ideas for "Isobel", but couldn't write lyrics that worked, so she reached Sjón to write them.. Along with "Human Behaviour" and "Bachelorette", it tells the story of Isobel, a girl who is born from a spark in a forest and transitions into womanhood while the pebbles of the forest grow into skycrapers and overtake the area... After a bad experience with love in the city, she decides to isolate herself again.. Björk has said the character's name is Isobel instead of Isabel as a reference to "IsolatIon"..The B-side "I Go Humble" is an exact replica of an electronic composition by the British techno band LFO albeit with vocals by Björk being sung over it. The original track can be found on the LFO album Advance, and is titled "Shove Piggy Shove"...And a bayonet, sir, With Somme G's behind..Mr. Bourne

Quote:
Dolgellau is a market town in Gwynedd, north-west Wales, lying on the River Wnion, a tributary of the River Mawddach. It was the county town of Merionethshire (Welsh: Meirionnydd, Sir Feirionnydd) before that became a part of the county of Gwynedd. Dolgellau is the main base for climbers of Cader Idris..The area upon which Dolgellau stands was, in the pre-Roman Celtic period, part of the tribal lands of the Ordovices, who were conquered by the Romans in 77–78 AD. Although a few Roman coins from the reigns of Emperors Hadrian and Trajan have been found near Dolgellau, the area is marshy and there is no evidence that it was settled during the Roman period. There are, however,3 hill forts in the vicinity of Dolgellau, of uncertain origin..The name of the town is of uncertain origin, although dôl is Welsh for "meadow", and (y) gelli (from celli, pl. cellïoedd/cellïau) means "grove" or "spinney", and is common locally in names for farms in sheltered nooks.. This would seem to be the most likely derivation, giving the translation "Meadow of Groves"known as The Pentavirate, who run everything in the world, including the newspapers, and meet tri-annually at a secret country mansion in Colorado, known as The Meadows..Dolgellau is home to a bilingual further education college, Coleg Meirion-Dwyfor.. The site it occupies was originally home to Dr Williams' School, a direct grant grammar school for girls aged 7–18 established in 1875 (opened 1878). It was named after its benefactor Dr Daniel Williams, (1643–1716) a Nonconformist minister from Wrexham, who also gave his name to Dr Williams's Library in Euston, London. The school closed in 1975..The Queen, The Vatican, The Gettys, The Rothschilds, *and* Colonel Sanders before he went tits up.. Oh, I hated the Colonel with is wee *beady* eyes, and that smug look on his face. "Oh, you're gonna buy my chicken! Ohhhhh!" ..Dolgellau Grammar School, a boys' school, had been established in 1665 by the then Rector of Dolgellau, Dr John Ellis, at Pen Bryn (now demolished), before moving to its present site on the Welshpool road..In 1971 John Elwyn Jones, a retired teacher who had taught Russian, German and Welsh at Dr Williams School, published Pum Cynnig i Gymro ("5 Tries for a Welshman"), an account of his time as a Prisoner of War in Poland during World War II..The surrounding area is known for its wild but beautiful countryside and places of historical interest..Harriet. Harry-ette. Hard-hearted harbinger of haggis. Beautiful, bemuse-ed, bellicose butcher. Un-trust... ing. Un-know... ing.. Un-love... ed..Every summer, Dolgellau is also host to the Gŵyl Cefn Gwlad ("Festival of the Countryside"), a mix of agricultural show and fête. Entry is free, but the Mony raised on the various stalls is given to good causes..Dolgellau is twinned with..Brittany Guérande (Breton:Gwenrann) in Brittany...

Our Lady of Sorrows Church or its full name Our Lady of Se7en Sorrows Church is a Roman Catholic parish church in Dolgellau, Gwynedd.. It was built in 1966 and is a Grade II listed building.. It is situated on Meyrick Street close to the centre of town. It is administered in the Dolgellau Deanery of the Diocese of Wrexham..The founder of the church was Fr. Francis Scalpell, a Maltese priest who was ordained in Rome in 1921 and came to Liverpool in 1926.. There, he started the parish of St. AnThony of Padua in Mossley Hill. In 1938, he went to Haverfordwest and came to Dolgellau a year later..At first, there was no place of worship for the local Catholics, so Mass was said in an old stable, with holes in the walls and the roof. Fr. Scalpell himself stayed in the attic of a nearby barn, which also had holes in the roof. Years later, the old stable was repaired, renovated and enlarged by joining it to a building that was previously a Fish and chip shop. During the Second World War, Italian prisoners of war helped with the panelling and the wooden floor..Within the parish is a convent run by the Carmelites, Mass is said there by the local priest at 5pm every Sunday. Sunday Masses are held in the church in the morning at 9:00am..The church was built in a Norman style architecture with a crucifix above the main EnTrancedesigned by Benigno Mörlin Visconti Castiglione, a sculptor from Milan, who has work displayed in Milan Cathedral and St. Peter's Basilica in Rome..The church was opened in September 1966. It was consecrated on 15 May 1967 by the Bishop of Menevia, John Edward Petit..Guérande is a medieval town located in the département of Loire-Atlantique in western France..The inhabitants are referred to as Guérandais, for men, and Guérandaise, for women..The main towns around Guérande are Saint-Nazaire and Nantes to the East ( 19 km (11.81 mi) and 80 km (49.71 mi) away), and Vannes (70 km (43.50 mi) to the North)..About half of the remaining megalithic monuments of the Département Loire-Atlantique, is located on the Peninsula, which makes it an important area for Prehistory..Very little is known about the succession of religious buildings on the site of the original baptistery built by Prince WaRoch..Brière is a territory of 490 km2 (189.19 sq mi) of which 170 km2 (65.64 sq mi) is wet-lands. This swamp of brackish water is called The Swamp of Grande Brière covers 70 km2 (27.03 sq mi). It is 21 municipalities which are a part of this territory and of which Guérande is a member..This village is famous for its castle..La Madeleine..Occurs in early August each year. This festival crosses multiple origins and styles of dance music, traditional singing tales, from the most authentic blend of culture forms.. His magnum opus was a sequence of short stories and novels collectively entitled La Comédie humaine, which presents a panorama of French life in the years after the 1815 fall of
Napoleon Bonaparte..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Little_Indian
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bridgend_suicide_incidents
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...4&postcount=64Do you know what will happen to You if the bridge is not built on time..I hope that the PeaPle that use this bridge in years to come will REmember how it was built and who built it.. Not a G of Slaves, but Soldiers, BriTish soldiers, even in captivity..You're a fine doctor, ClipTon, but you've a lot to learn about the ARmY...http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...0&postcount=72

Last edited by lightgiver; 14-06-2014 at 01:46 AM.
Old 17-06-2014, 06:23 PM   #648
lightgiver

Arrow Missing U

Quote:
"Missing" is a song by British popular music duo Everything but the Girl, taken from their 8th studio album Amplified Heart (1994). It was written by the 2 band members, Tracey Thorn and Ben Watt, and was produced solely by Watt.. It was taken as the 2nd single off the album on 8 August 1994 by Atlantic Records and Blanco .Y Negro Records..

Quote:
August 1-Fire destroys the Norwich Central Library in the United Kingdom, including most of its historical records- 99.9°F (37.7°C) in Berlin-Dahlem: record- The Rolling Stones begin Voodoo Lounge world tour - Train crash in Havana Cuba, 6 killed-University of London founds the School of Advanced Study, a group of postgraduate research institutes/5 – Groups of protesters spread from Havana, Cuba's Castillo de la Punta ("Point Castle"), creating the first protests against Fidel Castro's government since 1959\12-Woodstock '94 begins in Saugerties, New York. It is the 25-year anniversary of Woodstock in 1969 - Panic in church of Brazzaville: 142 killed/13 - Train crash in Tbilisi Georgia, 24 killed\14 - Maggie Will wins Children's Medical Center LPGA Golf Classic - Space telescope Hubble photographs Uranus with rings - Terrorist "Carlos" arrested in Khartoum Sudan- Liselotte Neumann wins LPGA Weetabix Women's British Golf Open/16- Shauna Gambill, 17, of California, crowned 12th Miss Teen USA\17 - NY Central park reservior officially named after Jackie Kennedy Onasis/18 - 5.6 earthquake in Algeria, kills 171\18 – The first MORI poll since Tony Blair became Labour Party leader gives him a massive boost in his ambition to become PM as his party scores at 56% and has a 33-point lead over the Conss, who are now just 5 points ahead of the Liberal Dems– Irish mobster Martin Cahill is assassinated in Dublin-He was born in a slum district in Grenville Street, North inner city, Dublin, the 2nd of 12 surviving children of Patrick Cahill, a lighthouse keeper and alcoholic, and Agnes Sheehan -At 15, he attempted to join the Royal Navy, but was rejected, allegedly after offering to break into houses for them and because he had a criminal record-In 1978, the Dublin Corporation began preparing to demolish Hollyfield Buildings/20 – Huddersfield Town move into their new all-seater Alfred McAlpine Stadium, which has an initial capacity of 16,000 – In Honolulu, Hawaii, during a circus international performance, an elephant named Tyke crushes her trainer Allen Campbell to death - 109.8°F (43.2°C) in Cordoba Spain- Ferry boat sinks at Chandpur Bangladesh, 300-350 killed/21 -23] Typhoon Fred ravages Chinese county Zhejiang, 700+ killed\23 – Eugene Bullard is posthumously commissioned as a 2nd Lieutenant in the United States Air Force, 33 years after his death, and 77 years to the day after his rejection for U.S. military service in 1917/26 – Sunday Trading Act 1994 (5 July) comes into full effect, permitting retailers to trade on Sundays, though restricting opening times of larger stores to a maximum of 8 hours between 10 am and 6 pm-The Jewish New Year never falls on a Sunday..All our lives we sweat and save Building for a shallow grave Must be something else we say Somehow to defend this place-Everything must be this way Everything must be this way, yeah\27 - "Laughter on the 23rd Floor" closes at R Rodgers NYC after 320 perfs/28 - 1st Japanese gay pride parade\31 – The PIRA declares a ceasefire-Russian army leaves Estonia and Latvia, ending the last traces of Eastern Europe's Soviet occupation..In the song Ghetto Qu'ran rapper 50 Cent mentions several drug dealing figures in his neighborhood, including the notorious Kenneth "Supreme" McGriff. It is believed that this song led to the murder of Jam Master Jay and the shooting of 50 Cent himself..Demetrius "Big Meech" Flenory, leader of the Black Mafia Family, was known to be good friends with Fabolous, Jay-Z, Puff Daddy (Big Meech's bodyguard was Puff Daddy's ex-bodyguard),.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunday_Trading_Act_1994
http://www.manchester-forum.co.uk/in...p?topic=7756.0
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...4&postcount=63That morning I was not yet a vampire, and I saw my last sunrise. I remember it completely, and yet I can't recall any sunrise before it. I watched the whole magnificence of the dawn for the last time as if it were the first. And then I said farewell to sunlight, and set out to become what I became...http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=735
Old 18-06-2014, 03:27 AM   #649
lightgiver

Cool LuV Hides inside the RainBow

Quote:
"Let Me Be Your Fantasy" is the title of a song by the British musical group Baby D. The song became a number one UK single in November 1994.."Let Me Be Your Fantasy" only reached No. 77 when first released in 1992..It remained popular however, and the single was reissued on 7 November 1994.. It entered the chart at No. 3 before climbing to number 1 the following week, where it remained for 2 weeks.. It was the 18th best selling single of 1994 in the UK.. The song was released for a 3rd time in 2000 as a UK garage remix by Trick Or Treat. This version, featuring MC Tails, peaked at No. 16...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molecule
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let_Me_Be_Your_Fantasy
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showt...=273719&page=2Love hides in the strangest places..Love hides in familiar faces..Love comes when you least expect It..Love comes to those who seek it..Love hides in molecular structures...http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...9&postcount=70

Last edited by lightgiver; 18-06-2014 at 03:30 AM.
Old 18-06-2014, 10:51 PM   #650
lightgiver

Cool AtummiC

Quote:
A massive metal ring with engraved cover stones is discovered in the sands of Giza, Egypt in 1928, by an archaeologist named Langford and his young daughter, Catherine.. Much later, the adult Catherine Langford offers Egyptologist and linguist Daniel Jackson the chance to translate the Egyptian hieroglyphs on the cover stones..Jackson deduces from the hieroglyphs the existence of a "stargate", a device used to travel to distant worlds. He discovers that the accompanying non-hieroglyphic symbols are star constellations used in a three-dimensional coordinate system. When selected in sequence on the metal ring, they create a stable wormhole to a location in another galaxy. O'Neil leads a team with Jackson through the Stargate, and they find themselves inside a pyramid in the middle of a desert.. The team cannot return home because the necessary coordinates are missing. Jackson, O'Neil, and the others explore the surrounding area and discover a mining operation run by humans. The miners assume that they are emissaries of their G Ra..Jackson attempts communication with the locals using pantomime, and later realizes that they speak a modern dialect derived from Ancient Egyptian..At night, a pyramid shaped spacecraft descends over the pyramid. O'Neil and Jackson are captured and taken to Ra, who appears to be an androgynous human youth with glowing eyes. Ra reveals his intention to return to Earth an atomic bomb brought by O'Neil, its destructive power now enhanced 100-fold with the addition of the mined mineral...

Quote:
1928 January – English Bacteriologist Frederick Griffith reports the results of Griffith's experiment, indirectly proving the existence of DNA.. A German bacteriologist, Fred Neufeld, had discovered the 3 pneumococcal types (Types I, II, and III) and discovered the Quellung reaction to identify them in vitro.. Until Griffith's experiment, bacteriologists believed that the types were fixed and unchangeable, from one generation to another..S. pneumoniae resides asymptomatically in the nasopharynx of healthy carriers. However, in susceptible individuals, such as elderly and immunocompromised people and children, the bacterium may become pathogenic, spread to other locations and cause disease. S. pneumoniae is the main cause of community acquired pneumonia and meningitis in children and the elderly, and of septicemia in HIV-infected persons..In 1881, the organism, known as the pneumococcus for its role as an etiologic agent of pneumonia, was first isolated simultaneously and independently by the U.S. Army physician George Sternberg and the French chemist Louis Pasteur.. Genetic information can vary up to 10% between strains..January 6–7 – The River Thames floods in London; 14 drown. On January 7 the moat at the Tower of London (drained in 1843 and planted with grass) is completely refilled by a tidal wave..January 12 – Convicted American murderer Ruth Snyder is executed at Sing Sing..17 – The OGPU arrests Leon Trotsky in Moscow; he assumes a status of passive resistance..The Joint State Political Directorate (also translated as the All-Union State Political Administration) was the secret police of the Soviet Union February 12 – Heavy hail kills 11 in England.. 20 – The Japanese general election produces a hung parliament\ 25 – Charles Jenkins Laboratories of Washington, D.C., becomes the first holder of a TV license from the Federal Radio Commission..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kissing_gate
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showt...=48933&page=23Yes, I've heard he'd consume the English with fireballs from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his Ass and I saw it in his face on the Battlefield and it's tearing me Apart...http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=736

Last edited by lightgiver; 18-06-2014 at 11:04 PM.
Old 19-06-2014, 02:57 AM   #651
lightgiver

Lightbulb AriolA&AreolA

Quote:
What Is Love isis a song recorded by the Trinidadian-German musician Haddaway...The song peaked at no. 2 in the United Kingdom and Germany, but it ranked higher at no. 1 in 13 other countries, all of them either European or Asian. The song reached no. 11 on the Billboard Hot 100 in the United States and no. 12 in Australia"...Released 8 May 1993 (Europe)3 September 1993 (US)-Life" ..The song was a hit in several countries, particularly in Sweden and Spain where it reached number 1.Released November 5, 1993.."Catch a Fire" 2nd single from his 2nd LP The Drive..Was Released July 31, 1995..The song was the last major Haddaway hit in several countries, particularly in Israel and Belgium (Flanders) where it reached the top 10.. For the first time, this Haddaway song was not released in France..The amoeba is remarkable for its very large genome. The species Amoeba proteus has 290 billion base pairs in its genome, while the related Polychaos dubium (formerly known as Amoeba dubia) has 670 billion base pairs. The human genome is small by contrast, with its count of 2.9 billion base pairs.. Unicellular budding yeast has an estimated 12 million pairs..Ariola Records (also known as Ariola and Ariola-Eurodisc) is a German record label. ..

Quote:
Like much of London, Forest Hill was only sparsely populated until the mid-19th century. The name Forest Hill came from 'the forest with a big hill', which was coined by a developer in 1865, and referred to the remaining area of forest on Sydenham Hill which was originally part of the Great North Wood..A canal, the Croydon Canal, was constructed through the area in 1769 but the large number of locks (28) meant it was not a commercial success, and it was bought by the London & Croydon Railway Company who constructed their railway along the same route, opening it in 1839.. The ponds in the Dacres Wood Nature Reserve (Dacres Road) and the retaining wall of the footpath opposite the station outside the pub are about the only physical evidence of the canal which still exist..When the Crystal Palace was moved from Hyde Park to Sydenham, large homes were built on the western end of Forest Hill..In 1884, what would become London's oldest swimming pool was constructed on Dartmouth Road..The tea merchant Frederick Horniman built a museum to house his impressive collection of natural history artifacts. He donated the building and its gardens to the public in 1901 and this became the Horniman Museum..As its population grew,2 large secondary schools were built in the area -Forest Hill Boys and Sydenham Girls on the brink of Forest Hill..Railway station is located on the South Circular Road (A205), and is served by frequent London Overground and Southern trains to London Bridge, London Victoria, Croydon, Caterham, Dalston Junction and Highbury & Islington. Forest Hill is also served by a number of bus routes: 122, 176, 185, 197, 356 and P4..Amoeba obtains its nutrition in a heterotrophic mode.. Both the anabolic and catabolic functions are carried out in the same cell. Amoeba feeds on plankton and diatoms present in water..Asexuality (reproduction by binary fission) is often thought to be a defining characteristic of amoebae.Forest Hill is home to the celebrated Horniman Museum..Despite a leaning toward Anthropological and Cultural collections...
http://www.karloff.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ariola_Records
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=192You could always make it up to her.. When a girl runs out like that, she generally wants to be followed..I'm counting the days..2 thousand 300 and 34 left..I'm sorry, darling.. I keep forgetting the leap year..Aye. I was sick of being a blonde.. I needed a tougher look, and you know what I mean..What am I supposed to call you then...http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=855

Last edited by lightgiver; 19-06-2014 at 03:21 AM.
Old 22-06-2014, 04:50 PM   #652
lightgiver

Lightbulb Thick-Tipped Greta

Quote:
Shorty the Pimp, was released in 1992.. 5 songs were produced by Ant Banks, four by Too Short himself and one song by D'wayne Wiggins..The album title is from the 1973 blaxploitation Movie of the same name, featuring a character of that name.. The first track samples the theme song of the Movie; the soundtrack Was later collected in the funk album Shorty the Pimp by Don Julian & The Larks (who star in the movie)..Songs number3, 4 & 8 are 'dirty songs' rapped in Too Short's unique style.The 5th song is about Oakland.. The sixth song is about crooked cops. The se7enth about groupies (hoochies).. Song number 10 is about being a gangster and criticizing the gang-banger lifestyle in general, one of Too Short's more serious, social commentary songs.. Song 11 features appearances by Bay Area rappers The Dangerous Crew, that is Ant Banks, Pooh-Man & Goldy, which is 11 minutes long.. This album debuted at #6 on the US Billboard 200 chart with 82,000 copies sold in its first week, and was later certified Platinum..

Quote:
Greta morgane, also called the "Thick-tipped Greta," is a day active ithomiine butterfly from the subfamily Ithomiinae. The length of the wings of this clearwing butterfly range from 56 to 58 mm. It is a common butterfly in Mexico, Middle-America, and the Caribbean. It has been recorded in 2004 as a stray in south Texas..The caterpillar uses plants from the deadly nightshade family (Solanaceae) as hosts. Therefore, the Greta morgane has body fluids which are nauseating for birds, making them unattractive prey..The Solanaceae consists of approximately 98 genera and some 2,700 species, with a great diversity of habitats, morphology and ecology..The name Solanaceae derives from the genus Solanum, "the nightshade plant". The etymology of the Latin word is unclear. The name may come from a perceived resemblance of certain solanaceous flowers to the sun and its rays.. At least one species of Solanum is known as the "sunberry". Alternatively, the name could originate from the Latin verb solari, meaning "to soothe", presumably referring to the soothing pharmacological properties of some of the psychoactive species of the family..The family has a worldwide distribution, being present on all continents except Antarctica. The greatest diversity in species is found in South America And Central America...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shorty_the_Pimp
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=170 I had to promote 25 sergeants to replace the officers shot down by the sharpshooters..This city is no More than a heap of ruins, but the Fuhrer's persisting.. We should trust the fuhrer's instinct, he always managed to lead us to victory..We shall be at home For Christmass.. How are you going to go about finding this young Rassian...http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=210

Last edited by lightgiver; 22-06-2014 at 05:29 PM.
Old 26-06-2014, 08:23 PM   #653
lightgiver

Arrow Sweet Thunder

Quote:
July - Production of the Vauxhall Belmont compact saloon ends, and a newer Astra range of hatchbacks, estates, saloons and convertibles begins- South African produced cars are imported to Britain for the first time, with the launch of the Sao Penza, a rebadged version of the Mazda 323 \1 Warsaw Pact is officially dissolved at a meeting in Prague-Telephone service goes down in the cities of Washington DC, Pittsburgh, Los Angeles and San Francisco due to a software bug. About twelve million customers are affected/2 – 10-Day War: Fighting breaks out when the Yugoslav People's Army attacks secessionists in Slovenia\4 - Labour retains the Walton seat in a by-election, with new MP Peter Kilfoyle gaining more than half of the vote – President of Colombia César Gaviria lifts a 7-year-long state of siege/5 - The Bank of England closes down the Bank of Credit and Commerce International amid fraud allegations. Several local authorities in the UK lose millions of pounds in investments held with the bank\6-7 – Steffi Graf and Michael Stich win the 1991 Wimbledon Championships – The Brioni Agreement ends the Ten-Day War in Slovenia/8 - 2 suspected IRA terrorists shoot their way out of Brixton Prison in London\10-Boris Yeltsin begins his 5-year term as the first elected president of Russia- President Bush announces the U.S. is ending its 1986-enacted sanctions on South Africa..

11-A solar eclipse of record totality occurs, seen first in Hawaii, then enters Mexico where the path directly crosses Cabo San Lucas and Mexico City, seen by 20 million inhabitants, and finally ends in Colombia in South America - Labour Party MP, Terry Fields, joins the list of people jailed for refusal to pay Poll Tax after he receives a 60-day prison sentence. He is the first MP to be jailed for refusing to pay the controversial tax which was introduced early last year-Nigeria Airways Flight 2120, a Douglas DC-8 operated by Canadian airline Nolisair, catches fire and crashes soon after takeoff from Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, killing all 261 people on board-Wiggles released their first LP/15 - 17th G7 summit held in London – Chemical Bank and Manufacturers Hanover Corporation announce that they are merging, the largest bank merger in history\16 - A government survey of children's school reading reveals that Roald Dahl, who died 8 months ago,
has now overtaken Enid Blyton as the most popular author of children's Books...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Adv..._Ford_Fairlane
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...6&postcount=33I'm Virgil and I'm guidin' you through the gates of El.. We are now in the Ninth Circle, the Circle of Traitors.. Traitors to country!. Traitors to fellow man!. Traitors to G!. You, sir, are charged with betrayin' the principles of all 3!. Quote for me the American Bar Association's Rules of Professional Conduct, Canon Se7en... http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...4&postcount=68

Last edited by lightgiver; 26-06-2014 at 08:30 PM.
Old 29-06-2014, 12:03 AM   #654
lightgiver

Lightbulb Pepsis Kola

Quote:
Spiders is the debut album by Space, released on 16 September 1996, peaking at #5 in the UK Albums Chart, later going platinum. "Money", "Kill Me", "Neighbourhood", "Female of the Species","Me and You Versus the World" and "Dark Clouds" (the first 2 combined together as a double A-side) were released as singles.. It sold an estimated 800,000 copies...

Quote:
The spider originally bearing the name "tarantula" was Lycosa tarantula, a species of wolf spider native to Mediterranean Europe.. The name derived from that of the southern Italian town of Taranto..Tarantulas comprise a group of often hairy and very large arachnids belonging to the Theraphosidae family of spiders, of which approximately 900 species have been identified.. This article only describes members of Theraphosidae, although some other members of the same suborder are commonly referred to as "tarantulas".. Most species of tarantulas are not dangerous to humans, and some species have become popular in the exotic pet trade..Tarantulas sizes range from as small as a fingernail to as large as a dinner plate when the legs are fully extended..Most species of North American tarantulas are brown. Elsewhere species have been found that variously display cobalt blue (Haplopelma lividum), black with white stripes (Aphonopelma seemanni), yellow leg markings (Eupalaestrus campestratus), metallic blue legs with vibrant orange abdomen and greenbottle blue (Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens). Their natural habitats include savanna, grasslands such as the pampas, rainforests, deserts, scrubland, mountains, and cloud forests.. They are generally classed among the terrestrial types.. They are burrowers that live in the ground..When theraphosids were encountered in the Americas, they were named "tarantulas", causing usage of the term to shift to the tropical spiders. Nevertheless, these spiders belong to the suborder Mygalomorphae, and are not closely related to wolf spiders..The name "tarantula" isis also mistakenly applied to other large-bodied spiders, including the purseweb spiders or atypical tarantulas, the funnel-webs (Dipluridae and Hexathelidae), and the "dwarf tarantulas". These spiders are related to tarantulas (all being mygalomorphs), but are classified in different families. Huntsman spiders of the family Sparassidae have also been termed "tarantulas" because of their large size. In fact, they are not related, belonging to the suborder Araneomorphae..The 8 legs, the two chelicerae with their fangs, and the pedipalps are attached to the prosoma..A tarantula has 4 pairs of legs and two additional pairs of appendages. Each leg has se7en segments which, from the prosoma out, are: coxa, trochanter, femur, patella, tibia, tarsus and pretarsus, and claw..2 or 2 retractable claws are at the end of each arm.. These claws are used to grip surfaces for climbing..After feeding, the leftovers are formed into a small ball by the tarantula and thrown away.. In a terrarium, they often put them into the same corner...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gut_Records
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kola_Peninsula
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...5&postcount=66We fought the bulldozer's for the best part of the day.. We binned our large condom with legs... Couldn't move quick enough with them.. We heard contacts far on in the distance.. But they weren't shooting at us..Bush demanded that conflict must be swift and decisive..G will roast their stomachs in Ell at the hands of IRAqis...http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=433

Last edited by lightgiver; 29-06-2014 at 12:36 AM.
Old 29-06-2014, 09:05 PM   #655
lightgiver

Lightbulb FeFiFo

Quote:
Bury the Hatchet is the 4th studio album by Irish rock band The Cranberries, released in 1999. In the US, the album has sold 377,000 copies as of April 2007 and received its Gold® RIAA certification on 2 June 1999..The album is the first album released by the band after their first hiatus, which started 1996. Dolores had taken that time to heal from stress-induced diseases, and also had her first child, Taylor, during this period. This last fact reflected on some of the tracks in the album, mainly on "Animal Instinct" and "You and Me"..The themes of the songs vary, from maternity and children, to divorce and child abuse.. The album cover was designed by Storm Thorgerson..Luimneach originally referred to the general area along the banks of the Shannon Estuary known as Loch Luimnigh. The earliest settlement in the city, Inis Sibhtonn, was the original name for King's Island during the pre-Viking and Viking eras..This island was also called Inis an Ghaill Duibh, The Dark(haired) Foreigner's Island..The name is recorded in Viking sources as Hlymrekr..The city dates from 812 which is the earliest provable settlement ; however, history suggests the presence of earlier settlements in the area surrounding King's Island, the island at the historical city centre.. Antiquity's map-maker, Ptolemy, produced in 150 the earliest map of Ireland, showing a place called "Regia" at the same site as King's Island. History also records an important battle involving Cormac mac Airt in 221 and a visit by St. Patrick in 434 to baptise an Eóganachta king, Carthann the Fair. Saint Munchin, the first bishop of Limerick died in 652, indicating the city was a place of some note..Ran the Sinclair family through CDIC. Trudy and the doctor didn't have 2 sons.. They had 3...

Quote:
The name cranberry derives from "craneberry", first named by early European settlers in America who felt the expanding flower, stem, calyx, and petals resembled the neck, head, and bill of a crane. Another name used in northeastern Canada is mossberry. The traditional English name for Vaccinium oxycoccos, fenberry, originated from plants found growing in fen (marsh) lands. In 17th-century New England cranberries were sometimes called "bearberries" as bears were often seen feeding on them..In North America, Native Americans were the first to use cranberries as food. Native Americans used cranberries in a variety of foods, especially for pemmican, wound medicine, and dye.. Calling the red berries Sassamanash, Algonquian peoples may have introduced cranberries to starving English settlers in Massachusetts who incorporated the berries into traditional Thanksgiving feasts.. American Revolutionary War veteran Henry Hall is credited as first to farm cranberries in the Cape Cod town of Dennis around 1816...Historically, cranberry beds were constructed in wetlands. Today's cranberry beds are constructed in upland areas with a shallow water table. The topsoil is scraped off to form dykes around the bed perimeter.. Clean sand is hauled into a depth of 4 to 8 inches..Cranberries for fresh market are stored in shallow bins or boxes with perforated or slatted bottoms, which deter decay by allowing air to circulate. Because harvest occurs in late autumn, cranberries for fresh market are frequently stored in thick walled barns without mechanical refrigeration. Temperatures are regulated by opening and closing vents in the barn as needed. Cranberries destined for processing are usually frozen in bulk containers shortly after arriving at a receiving station..By in vitro measurement of the oxygen radical absorbance capacity with an ORAC score of 9,584 units per 100 g, cranberry ranks near the top of 277 commonly consumed foods in the United States.. However, there is no scientific evidence that ORAC bears any biological significance in the human body..In 1550, James White Norwood made reference to Indians using cranberries. In James Rosier's book The Land of Virginia there is an account of Europeans coming ashore and being met with Indians bearing bark cups full of cranberries.. Yeah, it's probably the serial killers or something...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FO
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limerick
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=224You get kicked out of the house, it's rosemary and fred's fault.. You lose your multi million football scholarship and it's the coach's fault! You can't keep a chimney sweep job for more than 2 weeks because it's the gestapo's fault!..I'm surrounded by idiots..Period.. Did you find that fan belt thing or whatever...http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=276267

Last edited by lightgiver; 29-06-2014 at 09:23 PM.
Old 30-06-2014, 09:22 PM   #656
lightgiver

Lightbulb RoyRacer

Quote:
A boy racer refeers to a motorist who drives an automobile that has been modified with aftermarket body kits, audio system and exhaust system, usually in an unlawful manner.. Wealthier motorists who drive sports cars, or those with costly modifications, often seek to distance themselves from the culture. Responses to the boy racer phenomenon range from laws prohibiting cosmetic modifications to vehicles such as decorative lighting and window tint, restrictions on recreational driving ("cruising"), to vandalism such asspraying expanding foam into cars with loud "big-bore" exhaust tips to stop such cars driving around emitting loud droning noises.. "The Boy Racer" is a song by Morrissey, released as a single in 1995, the second single to be taken from the album Southpaw Grammar. It was Morrissey's second and final single release on the RCA record label he had signed to after leaving EMI. The single was released across two CDs, each with different covers but both featuring a young boy. Contrary to rumour, the child is not Morrissey's nephew..The single reached number 36 in the UK singles chart,10 places lower than his last single,Dagenham Dave"...Released 27 November 1995...

Quote:
November 1 -NASA loses contact with the Pioneer 11 probe-Participants in the Yugoslav Wars begin negotiations at the Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio-The U.S. House of Representatives votes to ban partial birth abortions by a vote of 288–139/3 – At Arlington National Cemetery, U.S. President Bill Clinton dedicates a memorial to the victims of the Pan Am Flight 103 bombing\7 – Typhoon Angela leaves the Philippines and Vietnam devastated/16 - Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother has a hip replacement operation.. At 95, she is believed to be the oldest patient to undergo such surgery – A United Nations tribunal charges Radovan Karadžić and Ratko Mladic with genocide during the Bosnian War\17 - Launch of the European Space Agency's Infrared Space Observatory including a Long Wave Spectrometer built in the UK Today newspaper is discontinued after nine years in circulation/20 - The Princess of Wales gives a revealing television interview to Martin Bashir on the show on BBC One.. The Princess discusses her adultery, depression and bulimia, her children, the media and the future of the monarchy in candid detail.. An estimated 22.78 million watch the broadcast, the all-time record for a UK current affairs programme\24 - The spy James Bond returns to cinemas 6 years after the last film was made, for the 16th film GoldenEye, with Irish actor Pierce Brosnan playing Bond/28 - Budget: Chancellor Ken Clarke cuts the basic level of income tax to 24p in the pound/30 - President of the United States, Bill Clinton visits Northern Ireland – Javier Solana becomes the new NATO ...General Secretary; Operation Desert Storm officially ends...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boy_Racer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Emp...ars_No_Clothes
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showt...203079&page=10Now you're good, now Jesus loves you..After blasting a VC in the head...Everyone in this town knows I've only got one leg..It's not your fault you've been brainwashed by America..Man, one thing I can't figure out.. People be out of work everywhere and the Government just be throwing money away!..http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...9&postcount=14

Last edited by lightgiver; 30-06-2014 at 09:27 PM.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:36 PM   #657
lightgiver

Lightbulb Tempest in a Teapot

Quote:
A Storm in Heaven is the debut studio album by English alternative rock band The Verve, at the time known just as Verve, released in June 1993 on the Hut Records label.. It charted at No. 27 in the UK.."A highly burnished synthesis of the warbling hard rock of the Doors, the infinite rhythmic groove of Can, the space-fried improvisations of Yeti-era Amon Düül II, and the effects-pedal anchor of My Bloody Valentine, A Storm in Heaven may well have been the best neo-psychedelic album released in the 1990s.. While often clumped together with the other English bands leading the shoegaze movement during the same time period, the Verve was creating a far different version of the thick atmospherics the genre became known for. Despite some minor cosmetic similarities, Loveless this was not.. In fact, I’d go so far as to say that guitarist Nick McCabe gazed shoe-ward with far better results than Kevin Shields ever did. While Loveless remained firmly anchored to the early-90s British scene, A Storm in Heaven flew figure 8's somewhere over its head."..Released 21 June 1993...

Quote:
Cicero, in the first century BC, in his De Legibus, used a similar phrase in Latin, possibly the precursor to the modern expressions, "Excitabat enim fluctus in simpulo ut dicitur Gratidius", translated: "For Gratidius raised a tempest in a ladle, as the saying is".. Then in the early 3rd century AD, Athenaeus, in the Deipnosophistae, has Dorion ridiculing the description of a tempest in the Nautilus of Timotheus by saying that he had seen a more formidable storm in a boiling saucepan.. The phrase also appeared in its French form "une tempete dans une verre d'eau" (a tempest in a glass of water), to refer to the popular uprising in the Republic of Geneva near the end of the 17th century..20 June – A 7.5 earthquake hits Japan, killing 385 people-A high speed train makes the first journey from France to England via the Channel Tunnel...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Storm_in_Heaven
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...3&postcount=16We are such stuff as dreams are made on, and our little lives are rounded with a sleep..Hast thou not dropped from Heaven..Out of the moon, I do assure thee...http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=264

Last edited by lightgiver; 03-07-2014 at 10:38 PM.
Old 05-07-2014, 12:28 AM   #658
Dude111

Quote:
Originally Posted by guuna
Great decade.
Not really........ Stuff STARTED going downhill in the 80s when this digital trash started ruining audio!! (And Video later)

There are a few movies I like from the 90s BUT NOT MANY....
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 11:00 PM   #659
lightgiver

Lightbulb Carlito

Quote:
Born in 1930 in Spanish Harlem, to Puerto Rican parents, Carlito starts out as a small time thief, eventually working his way up to being the heroin kingpin of the neighborhood.. During After Hours, Carlito tries to leave his life of crime behind and retire in the Bahamas with his girlfriend Gail..Circumstances conspire against him when Carlito innocuously accompanies his young cousin to a drug trade which quickly goes awry.. Carlito is forced to shoot his way out and kill the dealers to escape...Kleinfeld, having stolen one million dollars from his Italian mob-boss client, "Tony T" Taglialucci..The next day, Kleinfeld barely survives a retaliatory assassination attempt..Release date(s) 7 January 1994 (UK)...

Quote:
January 1 - "Flying Karamzov Brothers" closes at Helen Hayes NYC after 50 perfs-North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) is established-The Zapatista Army of National Liberation begins their war in Chiapas, Mexico/2 - "Abe Lincoln in Illinois" closes at Beaumont NYC after 40 perfs - "Shakespeare after My Father" closes at Helen Hayes NYC after 266 perf\3 - 100s killed in Venezuela in prison revolt/4-Foreign Office orders the Sudanese ambassador to leave Britain- 10th largest wrestling crowd (58,000-Tokyo Dome)\5-Brian Johnston, the BBC cricket commentator, dies aged 81/6 – In Detroit, Michigan, Nancy Kerrigan is clubbed on the right leg by an assailant, under orders from figure skating rival Tonya Harding's X-Husband\7 - United Express commuter plane crashes in Ohio, killing 5/8 – Soyuz TM-18: Valeri Polyakov begins his 437.7 day orbit, eventually setting the world record for days spent in orbit– Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean win the British ice-dancing championship at the Sheffield Arena\10-2 government ministers resign: Lord Caithness following the suicide of his wife, and Tim Yeo following the revalation that he fathered a child with Conservative councillor Julia Stent/11 - The Irish government announces the end of a 15-year broadcasting ban on the Provisional Irish Republican Army and its political arm Sinn Féin-The Superhighway Summit is held at UCLA's Royce Hall. It is the first conference to discuss the growing information superhighway and is presided over by U.S. Vice President Al Gore\13 - Italian government of Ciampi resigns - Tonya Harding's bodyguard, Shawn Eric Eckardt & Derrick Brian Smith arrested & charged with conspiracy in attack of skater Nancy Kerrigan/14 – U.S. President Bill Clinton and Russian President Boris Yeltsin sign the Kremlin accords, which stop the preprogrammed aiming of nuclear missiles toward each country's targets, and also provide for the dismantling of the nuclear arsenal in Ukraine – The Duchess of Kent joins the Roman Catholic Church, the first member of the Royal Family to convert to Catholicism for more than 300 years\15 – The SS American Star breaks tow in the Atlantic Ocean and is beached at Fuerteventura in the Canary Islands a few days later - Queen Elizabeth falls off her horse & breaks her left wrist/17 – The 1994 Northridge earthquake, magnitude 6.7, hits the San Fernando Valley of Los Angeles at 4:31 a.m., killing 72 and leaving 26,029 homeless\18-The Prince of Wales retires from competitive polo at the age of 45/19 – Record cold temperatures hit the eastern United States. The coldest temperature ever measured in Indiana state history, −36°F (−38°C), is recorded in New Whiteland, Indiana\20 –Sir Matt Busby, the legendary former Manchester United manager, dies aged 84- In South Carolina, Shannon Faulkner becomes the first female cadet to attend The Citadel, but soon drops out/21 – Lorena Bobbitt is found not guilty by reason of insanity on charges of mutilating her husband John\22- 5.5 magnitude earthquake strikes Sumatra/25 – U.S. President Bill Clinton delivers his first State of the Union address, calling for health care reform, a ban on assault weapons, and welfare reform - Australia beat South Africa 2-1 to win the World Series Cup - Mine fire at Asansol, India, kills 55 - US space probe Clementine launched- Michael Jackson settles a civil lawsuit out of court\26 – A man fires 2 blank shots at Charles, Prince of Wales in Sydney, Australia/27 - "No Man's Land" opens at Criterion Theater NYC for 61 performances- Romanian social democrats form government with anti-Semites\28- Helicopter crashes into office building in San Jose California, 1 dead/31 - Barcelona opera theater "Gran Teatro del Liceo" burns down– British Aerospace sells its 80% stake in Rover to BMW, leaving Britain without an independent volume carmaker.. It is envisaged that the new Rover Group will produce more than 1million cars per year worldwide, and will be Europe's se7enth largest carmaker..
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106519/
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=195Come on! Look what I got to fucking go around with, foooking diapers! I shit my pants everyday! I can't walk, I can't hump... you know? Go ahead and kill me, you COCK!..http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=628

Last edited by lightgiver; 05-07-2014 at 11:03 PM.
Old 06-07-2014, 12:00 PM   #660
lightgiver

Cool You can't help falling in love

Quote:
In 1993, British reggae band UB40 recorded the song as the first single from their 1993 album Promises and Lies.. The song was released in May 1993, in the majority of countries worldwide. It eventually climbed to number 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 after debuting at number 100 and appears in the soundtrack of the Movie Sliver.. and also appears in the trailer for Fools Rush In.. It remained at number one in the U.S. for se7en weeks. It was also number 1 in the UK. It was a great success, reaching number one in Austria, the Netherlands, Sweden, the United Kingdom, the United States, Australia, and New Zealand...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Can%27t...alling_in_Love
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...6&postcount=38