Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Illuminati / Secret Societies / Satanic Cults / Occult Secrets

Old 17-01-2012, 10:01 PM   #21
suninmyeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by zegzy View Post
2/3 = ?
nice 1 ! still the dots have not connected ... am I truly the only one not putting this together?
suninmyeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2012, 10:48 PM   #22
zegzy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by suninmyeyes View Post
nice 1 ! still the dots have not connected ... am I truly the only one not putting this together?
Cheeky monkey.
zegzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2012, 11:59 PM   #23
suninmyeyes

Default 23 enigma

23 enigma
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The 23 enigma refers to the belief that most incidents and events are directly connected to the number 23, some modification of the number 23, or a number related to the number 23.
]Origins

Robert Anton Wilson cites William S. Burroughs as being the first person to believe in the 23 enigma.[1] Wilson, in an article in Fortean Times, related the following story:
I first heard of the 23 enigma from William S Burroughs, author of Naked Lunch, Nova Express, etc. According to Burroughs, he had known a certain Captain Clark, around 1960 in Tangier, who once bragged that he had been sailing 23 years without an accident. That very day, Clark’s ship had an accident that killed him and everybody else aboard. Furthermore, while Burroughs was thinking about this crude example of the irony of the gods that evening, a bulletin on the radio announced the crash of an airliner in Florida, USA. The pilot was another captain Clark and the flight was Flight 23.[2]
Burroughs wrote a short story in 1967 called "23 Skidoo." The term "23 skidoo" was popularized in the early 1920s and means "it's time to leave while the getting is good." It appeared in newspapers as early as 1906.[3]
[edit]Discordianism

The Principia Discordia states that "All things happen in fives, or are divisible by or are multiples of five, or are somehow directly or indirectly appropriate to 5"[4]—this is referred to as the Law of Fives. The 23 Enigma is regarded as a corollary of this law. It can be seen in Robert Anton Wilson and Robert Shea's The Illuminatus! Trilogy (therein called the "23/17 phenomenon"), Wilson's Cosmic Trigger I: The Final Secret of the Illuminati (therein called "The Law of fives" and "The 23 Enigma"), Arthur Koestler's Challenge of Chance, as well as the Principia Discordia. In these works, 23 is considered lucky, unlucky, sinister, strange, or sacred to the goddess Eris or to the unholy gods of the Cthulhu Mythos.
As with most numerological claims, the enigma can be viewed as an example of apophenia, selection bias, and confirmation bias. In interviews, Wilson acknowledged the self-fulfilling nature of the enigma, implying that the real value of the Laws of Fives and Twenty-threes lies in their demonstration of the mind's power to perceive "truth" in nearly anything.
When you start looking for something you tend to find it. This wouldn't be like Simon Newcomb, the great astronomer, who wrote a mathematical proof that heavier than air flight was impossible and published it a day before the Wright brothers took off. I'm talking about people who found a pattern in nature and wrote several scientific articles and got it accepted by a large part of the scientific community before it was generally agreed that there was no such pattern, it was all just selective perception."[5]
In the Illuminatus! Trilogy, he expresses the same view: that one can find a numerological significance to anything, provided "sufficient cleverness."[6]
Old 18-01-2012, 12:03 AM   #24
supertzar

If you don't want to get involved in all this, DON'T read Cosmic Trigger by Robert Anton Wilson. Consider yourself warned.
Old 18-01-2012, 12:11 AM   #25
suninmyeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertzar View Post
If you don't want to get involved in all this, DON'T read Cosmic Trigger by Robert Anton Wilson. Consider yourself warned.
Am I to infer that the only way to avoid "getting into " it is by reading this book?
Or am i not not getting it?
Old 18-01-2012, 12:19 AM   #26
supertzar

Quote:
Am I to infer that the only way to avoid "getting into " it is by reading this book?
Or am i not not getting it?
I'm just sayin' I read that god-damned book twenty years ago and now look at me - there are so many 23s and 233s in my life it's driving me mad. Mad I tell you!
Old 18-01-2012, 02:34 AM   #27
suninmyeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertzar View Post
I'm just sayin' I read that god-damned book twenty years ago and now look at me - there are so many 23s and 233s in my life it's driving me mad. Mad I tell you!
at least you weren't the 23rd post
Old 19-01-2012, 08:27 PM   #28
suninmyeyes

Default 23

In mathematics

Twenty-three is the ninth prime number, the smallest odd prime that is not a twin prime. Twenty-three is also the fifth factorial prime, the third Woodall prime. It is an Eisenstein prime with no imaginary part and real part of the form 3n − 1.
The fifth Sophie Germain prime and the fourth safe prime, 23 is the next to last member of the first Cunningham chain of the first kind to have five terms (2, 5, 11, 23, 47). Since 14! + 1 is a multiple of 23 but 23 is not one more than a multiple 14, 23 is a Pillai prime. 23 is the smallest odd prime to be a highly cototient number, as the solution to x − φ(x) for the integers 95, 119, 143, 529.
Twenty-three is the aliquot sum of two integers; the discrete semiprimes 57 and 85 and is the base of the 23-aliquot tree.
23 is the first prime P for which unique factorization of cyclotomic integers based on the Pth root of unity breaks down.
The sum of the first 23 primes is 874, which is divisible by 23, a property shared by few other numbers.[1][2]
In the list of fortunate numbers, 23 occurs twice, since adding 23 to either the fifth or eighth primorial gives a prime number (namely 2333 and 9699713).
23 also has the distinction of being one of two integers that cannot be expressed as the sum of fewer than 9 cubes of integers (the other is 239). See Waring's problem.
23 is a Wedderburn–Etherington number. The codewords in the perfect (non-extended) binary Golay code are of size 23.
According to the birthday paradox, in a group of 23 (or more) randomly chosen people, the probability is more than 50% that some pair of them will have the same birthday.
There were 23 problems on David Hilbert's famous list of unsolved mathematical problems, presented to the International Congress of Mathematicians in Paris in 1900.
In base 10, 23 is the second Smarandache–Wellin prime, as it is the concatenation of the base 10 representations of the first two primes (2 and 3) and is itself also prime. It is also a happy number in base 10. 23! is 23 digits long in base 10. There are only three other numbers that have this property: 1, 22, and 24.
The natural logarithms of all positive integers lower than 23 are known to have binary BBP-type formulae.[3]
[edit]In science

The atomic number of vanadium.
The atomic mass number of the stable isotope of sodium.
Normal human sex cells have 23 chromosomes.[4] Other human cells have 46 chromosomes, arranged in 23 pairs.[5]
Scientific notation for the avogadro constant is written as 6.02214179(30)×1023 mol-1.[6]
Nobel Prize-winning economist John Forbes Nash, the inspiration for the film A Beautiful Mind, was obsessed with the number 23 and it featured prominently in his nervous breakdown. He claimed that Pope John XXIII was in fact himself, the evidence being that 23 was his favourite number. Nash also published only 23 scientific articles.
23 is the width of the Arecibo message, sent to space in search for extraterrestrial intelligence.
[edit]In technology

23 is the TCP/IP port used for telnet and is the default for the telnet command.
[edit]In religion

Psalm 23, also known as the Shepherd Psalm, is possibly the most quoted and best known Psalm.[7] Psalms is also the 23rd book in the Douay–Rheims Bible.
In Islam, the Qur'an was revealed in a total of 23 years to Muhammad.[8][9]
Muslims believe the first verses of the Qur'an were revealed to the Islamic prophet Muhammad, on the 23rd night of the 9th Islamic month.[10]
In Abhidharma, the number of anomalous generic types (of a possible 72) - e.g., events are considered sui generis because they are not reducible to either mind or matter — is 23.
Principia Discordia, the sacred text of Discordianism, holds that 23 (along with the discordian prime 5) is one of the sacred numbers of Eris, goddess of discord.
The Ancient Chinese believed that numbers conveyed sexuality with even numbers representing femininity and odd representing masculinity. Prime numbers were considered the most masculine and special status was conferred on 23 as it contained not only two consecutive prime numbers (2 and 3) but also the only even prime number.
[edit]In popular culture

[edit]Sports

Michael Jordan, a star basketball player for the NBA, wore the number 23 on his jersey
The number 23 has been worn by and sometimes retired for a number of few prominent athletes. Michael Jordan wore number 23 when he played professional basketball with the Chicago Bulls and, later, the Washington Wizards -- except immediately following his comeback from baseball, when he wore number 45, and for one game in the 1990-91 season against the Orlando Magic when his jersey was stolen and he wore the number 12. Australian cricketer Shane Warne wore the number 23 during his career; Don Mattingly of the New York Yankees wore number 23; the New York Yankees retired the number in 1997. Ryne Sandberg, of the Chicago Cubs, wore number 23, which was retired on August 28, 2005. Bob Nystrom of the New York Islanders wore number 23 and has had the number retired in his honour. Bob Gainey, ex-General Manager and former player for the Montreal Canadiens, had his number 23 retired February 23, 2008. Australian Football Player Lance Franklin from the Hawthorn Hawks wears the number 23.
Manchester City F.C. retired their number 23 shirt in 2003 following the death of Marc-Vivien Foé who had held this squad number at the club. Foé collapsed and died while playing for Cameroon on June 26, 2003. Belgian team Brugge did the same when their number 23, François Sterchele, died in a car accident on May 8, 2008.
Upon signing for Real Madrid from Manchester United in 2003 David Beckham found the number 7 shirt that he had always worn at Manchester and while on England duty occupied by Madrid hero Raúl. He declined the offer of the number 4 shirt recently vacated by departing captain Fernando Hierro and instead picked the number 23 in deference to Michael Jordan.[11][12] When he then moved to MLS team Los Angeles Galaxy in 2007, he again chose to wear the number 23 jersey. Later, when he was on loan at AC Milan during the American off-season, he wore the reversed number 32 instead as the number 23 was already in use at the club.
In Darts, 23 is "the lowest score you cannot get with a single Dart".
[edit]Music
Alfred Harth uses the number 23 in his artist name Alfred 23 Harth, or A23H, since the year 1+9+8+5 = 23.
Several songs and albums use the number 23 as their titles, including Tristan Prettyman's debut album, the eleventh song from Tool's fourth full-length studio album 10,000 Days, "Viginti Tres" (Latin for twenty-three).
Blonde Redhead have the album '23' and the song with the same name.
Jimmy Eat World's song "23" appeared on their album Futures. The number also appears in the songs "Christmas Card" and "12."23".95" as well as on some items of clothing produced by the band.
Four tet and Yellowcard both have songs titled "Twenty-Three".
The Posies have a record called Dear 23
The Church's 2009 studio album is called "Untitled 23"
Spiral Tribe From its inception, the group was obsessed by the number 23. Members sometimes recorded under the moniker of SP23, and the record label itself was called Network 23.
[edit]Film and television
23 is the jersey number of Nathan Royal Scott - a character on the WB/CW television series One Tree Hill]
23 is a German film about Karl Koch
The Number 23 is a 2007 film starring Jim Carrey.
23 is one of The Numbers - 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, and 42 - featured in Lost.
In The Matrix Reloaded, the Architect tells Neo it is of utmost importance to choose 23 people to repopulate Zion.
In Jeepers Creepers, the Creeper appears every 23 years for 23 days to feast on human flesh.
In the film Vantage Point, all flashbacks take place 23 minutes before the assassination attempt on the president.
As revealed in Japanese film L: Change the World, 23 is the maximum number of days a person may live before he dies by the cause of writing his name in Death Note. Main protagonist L of the film L: Change the World, signs his name in Death Note so to die after 23 days.
In the Monty Python film Life Of Brian there are 23 crosses on Calvary.
In The Big Lebowski, the main characters deliberately use only lane 23 at the bowling alley.
In Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Chewbacca sneak into detention block AA23 to rescue Princess Leia. The rescue attempt is botched and Leia escapes only by dodging Stormtroopers' laserfire. A police robot called 23 is included in Star Wars director George Lucas' first film, THX 1138.
[edit]Other fields
The 23 Enigma plays a prominent role in the plot of the Illuminatus! Trilogy by Robert Shea and Robert Anton Wilson.
The 23, in South Africa, refers to the 23 conscientious objectors who publicly refused to do military service in the Apartheid army in 1987. The following years the number increased to 143 (in 1988) and 771 (in 1989), with Apartheid being dismantled from 1990 onwards.[13]
Julius Caesar was stabbed 23 times.[14]
In The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, within the first dungeon, a deku scrub states "The order is...2 3 1. Twenty-three is number one!" as a hint to defeating his brethren deeper in the dungeon.
Old 19-01-2012, 09:37 PM   #29
pri01

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightgiver View Post
2 divided by 3 = 0.666666667

Microscopic - cell division with chromosomes visible / Birth of the Brain...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...85854844480169

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cell_division

http://biology.kenyon.edu/courses/bi...apter_01a.html
Talking about 666 sounds biblical and isn't it refered to in revelations as the number of the beast and that the beast is man? Anyway, conception and the fusion of the germ cells to create a human being took me back to Genesis
{6:19** And of every living thing of all
flesh, two of every [sort] shalt thou bring into the ark, to
keep [them] alive with thee; they shall be male and female.(chromosomes maybe)?

pri01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2012, 09:40 PM   #30
suninmyeyes

Red face

Genesis [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=2]

a bit of a stretch... a human with only 2 chromes would be like a flipper with an eye maybe...
Old 19-01-2012, 09:54 PM   #31
pri01

Quote:
Genesis [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=2]

a bit of a stretch... a human with only 2 chromes would be like a flipper with an eye maybe...
I try my best. The thing is, I've been observing the religious threads recently and trying to make sense of all the arguments. Although the verse refered to doesn't make reference to 23, it does refer to 2 of every sort, male and female. Sort could refer to chromosome, who knows? Have a look in the religion threads, very entertaining.

Last edited by pri01; 19-01-2012 at 10:00 PM.
pri01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2012, 06:57 PM   #32
suninmyeyes

Cool

The 23rd letter of the alphabet is "W"

Why?

Wow!
Old 21-01-2012, 12:23 AM   #33
lightgiver

Lightbulb Two Becomes Three

The Reflection in Matter of Cosmic Creation...

The union of spirit with matter in form produces consciousness (the Son aspect). The entire human process of reproduction and birth is laden with reflective symbols of the Cosmic creation. During the process of creation, the male - female polarization occurs, in turn reflecting the properties of spirit and matter respectively as the male and female poles.

Symbolically, Man as a species represents the Son aspect (the fecundation of matter and spirit), because, of all the animal forms, the indwelling God or Atmic consciousness is most fully present in the human animal. Man represents the half way point between the tiny atom of matter and the Cosmic Atom of the universe. It is said:

The Whole Creation Groaneth...awaiting the coming of the Sons of God

That is because man in the collective sense literally becomes the "hands and feet" of God on the Earth plane - the middle ground of manifestation between the microcosm of the atom and the macrocosm of galaxies and galactic clusters. When fully Divinized, the individual human becomes an instrument of the Divine on Earth, carrying out the Divine purpose. As a species we are still in an evolutionary stage but we are on the verge of the next great leap forward which is to realize in the collective consciousness our divine heritage and to refocus from personal interests to Divine interests. As the projected aspect of God in matter, Man becomes the middle entity between Spirit and Matter. In this threesome we find the trinity of the Christian religion: Father, Son, Holy Ghost. Matter is the Holy Ghost because it is the shadow (ghost) of spirit and is matter consisting of living atoms and imbued with all the intelligence that emanates from the Creator (hence, for example, the complex crystal forms and atomic bonding forming molecules capable of reproducing themselves). In Vedic thought the trinity is spoken of in terms of the stages of the cyclic appearances of the manifested universe spun out from the One entity called Brahman, Brahmam and other various titles by diverse religions. Brahman is said to be above, below, behind and within all manifestation. In the Vedas, the three stages of the manifested universe are identified as - creation (Brahma), preservation (Vishnu or Mahavishnu), destruction (Shiva or Rudra). These stages may also be denoted as Generation, Organization, Destruction which in their entirety make up the One - G. O. D.

The term harmony derives from the Greek ἁρμονία (harmonía), meaning "joint, agreement, concord", from the verb ἁρμόζω (harmozo), "to fit together, to join"

http://www.cosmicharmony.com/Ha/HAmain.htm
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2012, 07:49 PM   #34
lightgiver

Lightbulb W

Quote:
The 23rd letter of the alphabet is "W"

Why?

Wow!

In other Germanic languages, including German, its pronunciation is similar or identical to that of English V. In Spanish, it is doble ve or uve doble, and in French double vé, both literally "double vee".

It was probably considered a separate letter by the 14th century in both Middle English and Middle German orthography, although it remained an outsider not really considered part of the Latin alphabet proper, as expressed by Valentin Ickelsamer in the 16th century, who complained that

Poor w is so infamous and unknown that many barely know either its name or its shape, not those who aspire to being Latinists, as they have no need of it, nor do the Germans, not even the schoolmasters, know what to do with it or how to call it; some call it we, [... others] call it uu, [...] the Swabians call it auwawau...

George W. Bush has been given the nickname "Dubya", after the colloquial pronunciation of W in Texas.

"double vee"

Old 23-01-2012, 04:33 PM   #35
decim

HuBB El BUBB El T'oil N DuBB El.

V V

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightgiver View Post
DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional, for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of organisation entity living, dead or in any other state of existence are coincidental. Any opinion, comment or statements related or attributed to this username are not necessarily nor implied to be those held by the ip/computer/username or other electronic media device or service owner/user.
decim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2012, 04:39 PM   #36
decim

Arrow Precession awe Priest Ses Sion EQ Nox Nuit

DuBBle V V___X'is

X

X

Red Cross

Taurus

Tau Ros

Regulus; Latin regulus, diminutive of rex, reg-, king

Le'0 Egg Mons

L'Ion King

H'Art ov um L'Ion Phinx S

L'IonZ Gate iza L'IonZ G8

Regulus

Regulus May Sun Re

Nuit - Nox

Fort Knox

TTTT Nox

Goal'D

PLAY MiSTiRRy 4ME

DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional, for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of organisation entity living, dead or in any other state of existence are coincidental. Any opinion, comment or statements related or attributed to this username are not necessarily nor implied to be those held by the ip/computer/username or other electronic media device or service owner/user.
Old 23-01-2012, 08:28 PM   #37
owls

Exclamation 23

23 is also known as the number of world destroyers.
owls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2012, 10:33 PM   #38
lightgiver

Arrow Chief of the Tabernacle

23° Chief of the Tabernacle. This degree teaches that those with faith in God and love for their fellow man will make great sacrifices to help others.

Many outside the "craft" have not grasped the importance of astrology to Freemasonry.

23rd degree - Chief of the Tabernacle: This degree teaches that the man who forgets his duty to God, family, country, and himself will be in danger of morally and spiritually destruction by thoughts unworthy ambition. The apron is white, bordered with red, blue, and purple ribbons. These colors, from the curtains of the Tabernacle, represent earth, fire, air, and sea, respectively, as well as the Lord's benificence, glory, wisdom, and power. On the apron is the golden seven-branched candlestick, representing the seven planets and virtues: Sun, faith ("aspiration toward the infinite"); Moon, hope; Venus, charity; Mars, fortitude ("victory over rage and anger"); Mercury, prudence; Saturn, temperance; Jupiter (conquerer of the Titans), justice. The jewel is a small silver censer, or ornamented cup, held by a handle in the shape of an open hand.

The number 7 (planets) is the sacred number in all theogies and in all symbolisms. It is the spirit, assisted by all the elementary(Chakras) powers; the soul, served by nature ; the Holy Empire (Sanctum Regnum), spoken of in the clavicules of Solomon. It reappears everywhere in the Hebrew writings and in the Apocalypse; and here, particularly, in the seven lamps of the candelabrum. Under the symbols of the seven planets which it represents, the ancients figured the seven virtues so peculiarly Masonic...and G is the 7th letter of the Alpha bet.

During the early morning hours of February 3, 1943, at 12:55 a.m., the vessel was torpedoed by the German submarine U-223 off Newfoundland in the North Atlantic.

http://bakersfieldscottishrite.org/23rd%20Degree.html

http://www.brad.ac.uk/webofhiram/?se...e=23chief.html

Last edited by lightgiver; 23-01-2012 at 10:51 PM.
Old 25-01-2012, 03:09 AM   #39
lightgiver

Lightbulb January 23

3102 BCE – Epoch (origin) of the Kali Yuga...The 4th millennium BC saw major changes in human culture. It marked the beginning of the Bronze Age and of writing.

The city states of Sumer and the kingdom of Egypt were established and grew to prominence. Agriculture spread widely across Eurasia. World population in the course of the millennium doubled, approximately from 7 to 14 million people in the area surrounding them.

Kali Yuga (Devanāgarī: कलियुग [kəli juɡə], lit. "age of [the demon] Kali", or "age of vice") is the last of the four stages the world goes through as part of the cycle of yugas described in the Indian scriptures. The other ages are Satya Yuga, Treta Yuga and Dvapara Yuga. The duration and chronological starting point in human history of Kali Yuga has given rise to different evaluations and interpretations. According to one of them, the Surya Siddhanta, Kali Yuga began at midnight (00:00) on 18 February 3102 BCE in the proleptic Julian calendar, or 23 January 3102 BC in the proleptic Gregorian calendar. This date is also considered by many Hindus to be the day that Krishna left Earth to return to his abode. Most interpreters of Hindu scriptures believe that Earth is currently in Kali Yuga. Many authorities such as Swami Sri Yukteswar, and Paramhansa Yogananda believe that it is now Dvapara Yuga. Many others like Aurbindo Ghosh have stated that Kali Yuga is now over. The Kali Yuga is sometimes thought to last 432,000 years, although other durations have been proposed...

Last edited by lightgiver; 25-01-2012 at 03:11 AM.
Old 25-01-2012, 05:29 PM   #40
decim

Mr E ZEEZ 2332 ...Mr E's ov 2 3's EE

Jew Ptah, Orbital period, 4332 days 11.9 years

4332 deus

X Croix Bowns ov Fe Myrrh

Two Baal'd Cains Femurs Kon Tain Marrowbone ore Mahabone

keys krossed

_

Re Deus 69,911 ± 6 km

Axial tilt 3.13°

IO iz IOI inni most |\/|oo|\|

101 th beedjinning

The first sighting of the GRS is often credited to Robert Hooke, (edit; Ripped of & besmirched by Newton & the royal society) who described a spot on the planet in May 1664; however, it is likely that Hooke's spot was in the wrong belt altogether (the North Equatorial Belt, versus the current location in the South Equatorial Belt).
Much more convincing is Giovanni Cassini's description of a "permanent spot" in the following year. With fluctuations in visibility, Cassini's spot was observed from 1665 to 1713.

A minor mystery concerns a Jovian spot depicted around 1700 on a canvas by Donato Creti, which is exhibited in the Vatican.

Halo Halo Halo, Lawd ova th Rings of Jew Ptah

A RoaR A

Jupiter orbits the Sun at an average distance of about 777 million kilometers (about 5.23 AU) (an Egyptian cubit 52.3 cm), and completes an orbit every 11.9 years.

; thus the net acceleration felt at the equatorial surface is only about 23.12 m/s2.

On Jupiter, the equatorial diameter is 9275 km longer than the diameter measured through the poles. (9275km 9+2+7+5 = 23)

5 minutes into the future, contra-rotational fore sees.

Jupiter is not a solid body, its upper atmosphere undergoes differential rotation. The rotation of Jupiter's polar atmosphere is about 5 minutes longer than that of the equatorial atmosphere; three systems are used as frames of reference, particularly when graphing the motion of atmospheric features. System I applies from the latitudes 10° N to 10° S; its period is the planet's shortest, at 9h 50m 30.0s. System II applies at all latitudes north and south of these; its period is 9h 55m 40.6s.

Earth overtakes Jupiter every 398.9 days as it orbits the Sun, a duration called the . (ic, I See)

Jupiter's 12-year orbital period corresponds to the dozen astrological signs of the zodiac, and may have been the historical origin of the signs. (is)

The moon was later named .

A Fisherman from moons

On December 19, 2000, the spacecraft captured an image of the moon (see also)

Himalia is a nymph in Greek mythology. Zeus was enamoured with her and she produced three sons with him, Spartaios, (Spartakos) Kronios, (Kronos, Chronos) and Kytos (The word "cytoplasm" was compounded from two Greek roots -- "kytos," a hollow vessel + "plasma," plasm. From "kytos" came the prefix "cyto-," cell. Cytoplasm is literally cell plasm.)

The New Horizons probe, en route to Pluto, flew by Jupiter for gravity assist. Its closest approach was on February 28, 2007. The probe's cameras measured plasma output from volcanoes on Io

- Jew Gnosos Ptah

NASA currently has a mission underway to study Jupiter in detail from a polar orbit. Named , the spacecraft launched in August 2011, and will arrive in late 2016. (2017, Z01N)

She is a daughter of Saturn and sister (but also the wife) of the chief god Jupiter and the mother of Mars and Vulcan.

As the patron goddess of Rome and the Roman Empire she was called Regina ("queen") and, together with Jupiter and Minerva, was worshipped as a triad on the Capitol (Juno Capitolina) in Rome.