Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat > Controversial Subjects

Old 17-12-2015, 08:54 PM   #41
mindatrisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbe View Post
Has anyone actually tried to treat psychopathy?

I thought that they only just recognised it as a "thing" a few years back!
I've seen some documentaries on facilities for treating psychopaths, but i'm not sure anyone has been 'cured'. I think the problem is that they're awfully good at lying and manipulating, so it's hard to judge their appearances. I think the ultimate cure for psychopaths is creating a society where the conditions for them no longer exist. It's not hard to see why such human beings exist. It's not like we're planet lovely.
Old 17-12-2015, 09:01 PM   #42
neilbe
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindatrisk View Post
But I don't think that I was wrong. I can admit that I haven't explained my point sufficiently well enough for it to be understood, but as I understood the point to be, I still agree with it.

As for your question. I know you are intelligent enough to know that you've offered up a quite false dichotomy. It's not one or the other. If I don't tell an addict that he is a raping, thieving, lying scumbag it doesn't mean I am appeasing his raping, thieving, lying and scumbaggery... does it? However, nowhere have I said that we shouldn't tell it as it really is. I think i've made this point, but I absolutely believing in exposing injustices wherever they might be, but I also believe that it needs to be done in a productive, helpful manner.
I wasn't offering up a false dicihohthingy, that's the point of asking questions.. To avoid any nasty statements that might come back to haunt us!!

I never said that we MUST call these people lying scumbags, but I was alluding to telling the truth in some way... To telling it how it is.....And saying that Cameron has he best interests of humanity at heart....is not how it is... That's a lie whichever way you try to cut it..

Anyway, good luck fella.. Sounds like you're going to need some
neilbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2015, 09:01 PM   #43
neilbe
Inactive

Quote:
I've seen some documentaries on facilities for treating psychopaths, but i'm not sure anyone has been 'cured'. I think the problem is that they're awfully good at lying and manipulating, so it's hard to judge their appearances. I think the ultimate cure for psychopaths is creating a society where the conditions for them no longer exist. It's not hard to see why such human beings exist. It's not like we're planet lovely.
Yes.
neilbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2015, 09:05 PM   #44
breaker

Quote:
That's not really got anything to do with me or this discussion. And, it seems like a very complex question. But a good one, and deserving of a thread if you wish to start one. I'd definitely contribute to that.

My Position is that IT is relevant because Cameron and his like are all psychopathic control freaks..............and you love him !!!

DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional, for entertainment purposes only Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians or any other form of organisation entity living, dead or in any other state of existence are coincidental Any opinion, comment or statements related or attributed to this username are not necessarily nor implied to be those held by the ip/computer/username or other electronic media device or service owner/user.
breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2015, 09:12 PM   #45
mindatrisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbe View Post
I wasn't offering up a false dicihohthingy, that's the point of asking questions.. To avoid any nasty statements that might come back to haunt us!!

I never said that we MUST call these people lying scumbags, but I was alluding to telling the truth in some way... To telling it how it is.....And saying that Cameron has he best interests of humanity at heart....is not how it is... That's a lie whichever way you try to cut it..

Anyway, good luck fella.. Sounds like you're going to need some
It's not a lie... it's a device, a tool, a strategy. It really is exactly the same as me saying to one of my raping, thieving, lying, scumbag addict friends 'you're a good guy'... it's not true, they're not good guys, some of them are as bad as it gets, but surely you understand that within my context of helping them that it is perfectly reasonable to say such a thing if it's going to help... Yes? No? I don't think that that is overly controversial.

If I met David Cameron i'd say to him, 'I disagree with your policies strongly, I think they're wrong, but I trust that you've done them with the best interests of the British people at heart', and it's not because I would really believe that he does, because he probably doesn't, but because I know that if I wanted him to be open and considerate of my views then he needs to feel respected by me. If I met him and 'called it as it is', like, 'Yo, Cameron, you're a ****... a lying, thieving, murdering ****', then i'm guessing he might not be too receptive to me, which, given my desire to be effective, would seem to me to make me strategically retarded.
Old 17-12-2015, 09:12 PM   #46
mindatrisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by breaker View Post
My Position is that IT is relevant because Cameron and his like are all psychopathic control freaks..............and you love him !!!

Yes, I do. Because, in my experience, love solves problems.
Old 17-12-2015, 09:18 PM   #47
relentless

psychopaths feed off human energy (emotion), emotions like hate, jealousy, fear, love...

So, just to recap, do not feed them ANY energy.
relentless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2015, 09:18 PM   #48
peabrain
Inactive

Quote:
It's not a lie... it's a device, a tool, a strategy. It really is exactly the same as me saying to one of my raping, thieving, lying, scumbag addict friends 'you're a good guy'... it's not true, they're not good guys, some of them are as bad as it gets, but surely you understand that within my context of helping them that it is perfectly reasonable to say such a thing if it's going to help... Yes? No? I don't think that that is overly controversial.

If I met David Cameron i'd say to him, 'I disagree with your policies strongly, I think they're wrong, but I trust that you've done them with the best interests of the British people at heart', and it's not because I would really believe that he does, because he probably doesn't, but because I know that if I wanted him to be open and considerate of my views then he needs to feel respected by me. If I met him and 'called it as it is', like, 'Yo, Cameron, you're a ****... a lying, thieving, murdering ****', then i'm guessing he might not be too receptive to me, which, given my desire to be effective, would seem to me to make me strategically retarded.
Do you think for one minute this guy wouldn't know you were bullshitting him? It'd look like you were doffing the cap to him, to gain respect one has to do what is right, noone respects a sycophant or a bluffer.
peabrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2015, 09:21 PM   #49
breaker

Quote:
Yes, I do. Because, in my experience, love solves problems.

Good luck
DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional, for entertainment purposes only Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians or any other form of organisation entity living, dead or in any other state of existence are coincidental Any opinion, comment or statements related or attributed to this username are not necessarily nor implied to be those held by the ip/computer/username or other electronic media device or service owner/user.
Old 17-12-2015, 09:21 PM   #50
mindatrisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentless View Post
psychopaths feed off human energy (emotion), emotions like hate, jealousy, fear, love...

So, just to recap, do not feed them ANY energy.
We don't need to hug them. Just putting them into treatment would be a sufficiently loving thing to do.
Old 17-12-2015, 09:28 PM   #51
mindatrisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabrain View Post
Do you think for one minute this guy wouldn't know you were bullshitting him? It'd look like you were doffing the cap to him, to gain respect one has to do what is right, noone respects a sycophant or a bluffer.
Hmmm. I think you underestimate the delicacy and nuance developed in such an environment. You simply must learn how to be positive and loving in a sincere manner. It's not easy, and it took me a long time, and most such attempts are very subtle, but you learn ways. And i'm sorry, but when you work in an environment where your very own actions can be the cause of a relapse (and all the consequences that come with that, including suicide) then you'd quickly learn to adapt your behaviour very quickly. There is not a chance in hell that I would be so stupid as to 'tell it like it is' to someone so vulnerable. That isn't to say that behaviours aren't challenged, and that things aren't brought to the table, but you do so with immense care. Unless of course you want to be the one who 'told it as it is' to the individual who has now been found hanging in their apartment.
Old 17-12-2015, 09:38 PM   #52
peabrain
Inactive

Quote:
Hmmm. I think you underestimate the delicacy and nuance developed in such an environment. You simply must learn how to be positive and loving in a sincere manner. It's not easy, and it took me a long time, and most such attempts are very subtle, but you learn ways. And i'm sorry, but when you work in an environment where your very own actions can be the cause of a relapse (and all the consequences that come with that, including suicide) then you'd quickly learn to adapt your behaviour very quickly. There is not a chance in hell that I would be so stupid as to 'tell it like it is' to someone so vulnerable. That isn't to say that behaviours aren't challenged, and that things aren't brought to the table, but you do so with immense care. Unless of course you want to be the one who 'told it as it is' to the individual who has now been found hanging in their apartment.
Indeed, when dealing with vulnerable individuals of course one has to apply common sense.

I was talking about your notion that you could apply those skills you have around Cameron.

I've a fair bit of experience working in a caring envronment and cameron is not in any shape or form someone I would class as a vulnerable individual.

if anyone tried to tell him 'like it is' he'd laugh them to scorn and have you locked up. Anyway you feeling love won't get you a job as his personal adviser or aide, for a good reason, there is no room for love in the closed circles.
Old 17-12-2015, 09:43 PM   #53
mindatrisk

Quote:
Indeed, when dealing with vulnerable individuals of course one has to apply common sense.

I was talking about your notion that you could apply those skills you have around Cameron.

I've a fair bit of experience working in a caring envronment and cameron is not in any shape or form someone I would class as a vulnerable individual.

if anyone tried to tell him 'like it is' he'd laugh them to scorn and have you locked up. Anyway you feeling love won't get you a job as his personal adviser or aide, for a good reason, there is no room for love in the closed circles.
My mistake. I thought you were referring to interacting with addicts.

Anyway, i'm most likely never going to meet David Cameron, but that aside, the principles remains the same... If we wish for people to be receptive to us then we need to be respectful towards them. This isn't a controversial idea. In all forms of conflict mediation there has to be civility for there to be progress. We can't go around calling everyone cunts (even if they really, really are) and expect them to then consider our wants and needs.
Old 17-12-2015, 09:50 PM   #54
peabrain
Inactive

Quote:
My mistake. I thought you were referring to interacting with addicts.

Anyway, i'm most likely never going to meet David Cameron, but that aside, the principles remains the same... If we wish for people to be receptive to us then we need to be respectful towards them. This isn't a controversial idea. In all forms of conflict mediation there has to be civility for there to be progress. We can't go around calling everyone cunts (even if they really, really are) and expect them to then consider our wants and needs.
To tell you the truth it matters little what we call this guy. He expects it and it reinforces his own position.

Come on ,they already hate the majority of the people they are supposed to represent. Do you think by their actions they have shown any civility to those same people?

Last edited by peabrain; 17-12-2015 at 09:52 PM.
Old 17-12-2015, 09:53 PM   #55
breaker

Quote:

Who created your work environment ?

who put the people you deal with into their own hell ?

Wasn't me or you.

sorry but love won't stop the machine
Old 17-12-2015, 09:54 PM   #56
mindatrisk

Quote:
To tell you the truth it matters little what we call these guy.

Come on ,they already hate the majority of the people they are supposed to represent. Do you think by their actions they have shown any civility to those same people?
I don't think it matters. In fact, it benefits us greatly that they continue to behave as they do, especially if we can create a strong contrast between our behaviours and theirs, which is only possible if we behave to the highest moral standards possible. When we conduct ourselves in certain not-so-friendly ways then we blur the situation. How are people to distinguish between the good guys and the bad guys if everyone is behaving like a dick? The best way to beat the Tories is to turn the public against them, and the easiest way to do that is to behave in such a way as to make their own behaviour look like exactly what it is... moronic.
Old 17-12-2015, 10:04 PM   #57
breaker

Quote:
I don't think it matters. In fact, it benefits us greatly that they continue to behave as they do, especially if we can create a strong contrast between our behaviours and theirs, which is only possible if we behave to the highest moral standards possible. When we conduct ourselves in certain not-so-friendly ways then we blur the situation. How are people to distinguish between the good guys and the bad guys if everyone is behaving like a dick? The best way to beat the Tories is to turn the public against them, and the easiest way to do that is to behave in such a way as to make their own behaviour look like exactly what it is... moronic.

And that will achieve......erm...er.......what?

Last edited by breaker; 17-12-2015 at 10:05 PM.
Old 17-12-2015, 10:04 PM   #58
mindatrisk

Quote:
Who created your work environment ?

who put the people you deal with into their own hell ?

Wasn't me or you.

sorry but love won't stop the machine
I'm not sure I understand your point here.
Old 17-12-2015, 10:05 PM   #59
peabrain
Inactive

Quote:
The faithful will never turn against the tories as they represent their interests. It doesn't benefit us for them to continue doing what they're doing by any stretch of the imagination, they've gone to far already.
Old 17-12-2015, 10:09 PM   #60
mindatrisk

Quote:
And that will achieve......erm..what?
It would bring public support to our side. All i'm describing is the mechanics of what MLK did in the deep south and Gandhi did in India. Through their example they won the support of the wider public which in turn put immense pressure on public officials to make certain changes. Governments will buckle under the weight of public pressure. Look at the tax credits situation recently. It's not hard, it's just not focused and organised. If we put our minds to it then making serious changes wouldn't be too difficult, except for the fact that it's so difficult to even get people who are on your side to agree. I don't think the Tories are powerful, but there's so much in-fighting between us that we defeat ourselves. 24% of the voting population voted for the Tories. That pecan't beat them is shame on us, not them.