Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Matrix / Nature of Reality

Old 19-03-2010, 10:51 AM   #1
21_12_2012

Default Qabalah - Kabbalah - Cabalah - The study of

I have recently, after a few years of wanting to learn about it, started to study the Qabalah.

I briefly learned about it a few years ago when I bought a Qabalah tarot deck, but did not learn the foundations of Qabalah and the study of the Sepher Yetzirah and the hebrew alphabet and their attributions/meanings and how it all connects together.

I have bought a brilliant introductory book, by Lon Milo Duquette, an excellent author who is renowned for his simplistic and humorous writing skills. The book is called "The Chicken Qabalah" (for reasons explained in the introduction, quite funny actually)

This guy really breaks it down simply, and I'm finding this book very easy to read, and very informative.

He recommends, as a companion to this book, to buy 777 by Aleister Crowley, which is a deeper look into numerology and attributes regarding the Qabalah.

I did buy the Thoth Deck years ago, a very deep and complex deck based upon the Qabalah, and I'm sure that will also assist with my learning and absorbtion.

I find it fascinating how simple but yet how deep it can be.

Duquette states that the second to the last goal of the Qabalist is the:-
'realisation of ONE'

And the final goal of all Qabalists is to attain the:- 'consciousness of NOTHING'

Easier said than done.

Anyone else studied the Qabalah ? If so can you recommend any further studies after this excellent beginners book ?
21_12_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2010, 04:39 PM   #2
skywalker9

_

'The Secret Teachings of All Ages' By Manly Palmer Hall has great information among other relative subjects. You can find it at http://www.prs.org Or in a library somewhere maybe.

http://www.manlyphall.org/text/the-s...s-of-all-ages/

_

Last edited by skywalker9; 19-03-2010 at 04:48 PM.
skywalker9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2010, 04:58 PM   #3
marpat
Inactive

I have studied it and find it an excellent subject. I am more into the modern approach to it than the traditional

I had a good link for ebboks but it seems to have stopped working

Try Dion Fortunes Mystical Qabbalah. The Kabbalah Unveiled by McGregor Mathers is also quite good but a little heavy at times.
marpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2010, 05:00 PM   #4
marpat
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21_12_2012 View Post
I have recently, after a few years of wanting to learn about it, started to study the Qabalah.

I briefly learned about it a few years ago when I bought a Qabalah tarot deck, but did not learn the foundations of Qabalah and the study of the Sepher Yetzirah and the hebrew alphabet and their attributions/meanings and how it all connects together.

I have bought a brilliant introductory book, by Lon Milo Duquette, an excellent author who is renowned for his simplistic and humorous writing skills. The book is called "The Chicken Qabalah" (for reasons explained in the introduction, quite funny actually)

This guy really breaks it down simply, and I'm finding this book very easy to read, and very informative.

He recommends, as a companion to this book, to buy 777 by Aleister Crowley, which is a deeper look into numerology and attributes regarding the Qabalah.

I did buy the Thoth Deck years ago, a very deep and complex deck based upon the Qabalah, and I'm sure that will also assist with my learning and absorbtion.

I find it fascinating how simple but yet how deep it can be.

Duquette states that the second to the last goal of the Qabalist is the:-
'realisation of ONE'

And the final goal of all Qabalists is to attain the:- 'consciousness of NOTHING'
Easier said than done.

Anyone else studied the Qabalah ? If so can you recommend any further studies after this excellent beginners book ?
Personally I think that the different states of awareness appear in a persons mind with regularity but the main problem is recognising these states of awareness and concentrating/ expanding them.
Old 19-03-2010, 06:23 PM   #5
om_tat_sat

Quote:
Originally Posted by marpat View Post
The Kabbalah Unveiled by McGregor Mathers is also quite good but a little heavy at times.
The Introduction is priceless:
http://theology101.org/jud/tku/tku03.htm
Within the prison of your world appears a man who tells you that the world of painful contradictions, which you have created, is neither continuous nor permanent and is based on a misapprehension. He pleads with you to get out of it, by the same way by which you got into it. You got into it by forgetting what you are and you will get out of it by knowing yourself as you are. -- Nisargadatta Maharaj

The Philosophy of Liberty <= Watch it!!!
om_tat_sat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2010, 09:39 PM   #6
marpat
Inactive

Link seems to work now:

http://www.occult-underground.com/crowley.html
Old 19-03-2010, 10:45 PM   #7
21_12_2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker9 View Post
_

'The Secret Teachings of All Ages' By Manly Palmer Hall has great information among other relative subjects. You can find it at http://www.prs.org Or in a library somewhere maybe.

http://www.manlyphall.org/text/the-s...s-of-all-ages/

_
Thanks for the recommendation.

I bought that book a few months ago, but have only skimmed through a couple of parts. It is one THICK book. I will have a look at the index tonight and see which sections are relevant to the Qabalah.
Thanks.
Old 19-03-2010, 10:48 PM   #8
21_12_2012

Quote:
I have studied it and find it an excellent subject. I am more into the modern approach to it than the traditional

I had a good link for ebboks but it seems to have stopped working

Try Dion Fortunes Mystical Qabbalah. The Kabbalah Unveiled by McGregor Mathers is also quite good but a little heavy at times.
Thanks. Yes I have heard that Fortune has written some good material. I will check that one out on amazon for ratings, and the Mathers book.

I think Fortune also wrote the Tree Of Life, which also is supposedly a very good book.

Thanks.
Old 19-03-2010, 11:00 PM   #9
21_12_2012

Quote:
Personally I think that the different states of awareness appear in a persons mind with regularity but the main problem is recognising these states of awareness and concentrating/ expanding them.
That sounds about right.
Old 19-03-2010, 11:06 PM   #10
21_12_2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by om_tat_sat View Post
The Introduction is priceless:
http://theology101.org/jud/tku/tku03.htm
Thanks for that.
Old 19-03-2010, 11:06 PM   #11
21_12_2012

Quote:
Excellent site, thanks.
Old 26-05-2010, 04:31 PM   #12
chad1

send everyone u know to this site. it will wake up anyone!http://www.cognitivetransformation.com/
chad1 is offline   Reply With Quote