Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Survival / Local Economies / Communities

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 19-12-2015, 05:57 PM   #1
cosmic tramp
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 5,900
Likes: 2,707 (1,758 Posts)
Default Xmas Stamps for Horses Charity

I do this every year, but just a reminder. Xmas (love it or hate it) usually involves getting lots of cards in the post ( love them or loathe them). At least put this part of Xmas to some good use by saving and sending your franked stamps to Bransby Home of Rest for Horses, who sell them on to dealers to generate income for horse welfare which includes food, bedding, medicine, treatment and fencing for retired, disabled and maltreated horses. In a previous year they have made up to £9,000 on recycled stamps. So it all helps. It won't cost you anything, only takes a minute (and a stamp) Thank you very muchly.


Bransby Home of Rest for Horses
Bransby Farm
Lincoln
LN1 2PH
England


http://www.bransbyhorses.co.uk

Last edited by cosmic tramp; 19-12-2015 at 08:53 PM.
cosmic tramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2015, 07:06 PM   #2
ufochick
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tulsa Oklahoma metro area, USA
Posts: 10,426
Likes: 207 (107 Posts)
Default

I went and looked it up but still don't understand. What is a franked stamp?
__________________
Interactive STO social community for Experiencers.
Private domain and hosting, no gov. or corp. ownership or programs.
Use your real name or remain anonymous.
Profiles, hosting for files, pics, videos, PMs, blogs, social walls and much more.
ufochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2015, 08:49 PM   #3
cosmic tramp
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 5,900
Likes: 2,707 (1,758 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufochick View Post
I went and looked it up but still don't understand. What is a franked stamp?
One that's gone through a franking machine , i.e. it's got a postal mark of some description on it, as most mail does when it reaches you. Doesn't mean a stamp that belongs to someone called Frank or anything.
cosmic tramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2015, 01:37 AM   #4
ufochick
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tulsa Oklahoma metro area, USA
Posts: 10,426
Likes: 207 (107 Posts)
Default

Doesn't being 'franked" (I think we called it cancelled here) make the stamp worthless?
__________________
Interactive STO social community for Experiencers.
Private domain and hosting, no gov. or corp. ownership or programs.
Use your real name or remain anonymous.
Profiles, hosting for files, pics, videos, PMs, blogs, social walls and much more.
ufochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2015, 11:00 AM   #5
cosmic tramp
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 5,900
Likes: 2,707 (1,758 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufochick View Post
Doesn't being 'franked" (I think we called it cancelled here) make the stamp worthless?
Quite the opposite. Amongst stamp collectors, it's worthless without a franking mark, apparently. That's why Post office sell "First Day Covers" with new stamps pre-postmarked at exorbitant prices.
cosmic tramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2015, 11:08 AM   #6
elshaper
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pandæmonium
Posts: 25,965
Likes: 5,575 (3,762 Posts)
Default

awww
Horses on the label.

http://www.bransbygifts.co.uk/epages...ducts/GTFD0048

The only horses I see is police horses taken for a bit of walking exercise.

Bit about horse shoes here.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ENERGIZED-...UAAOSwl8NVfRir

Last edited by elshaper; 20-12-2015 at 11:14 AM.
elshaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2015, 11:44 AM   #7
cosmic tramp
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 5,900
Likes: 2,707 (1,758 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elshaper View Post
awww
Horses on the label.

http://www.bransbygifts.co.uk/epages...ducts/GTFD0048

The only horses I see is police horses taken for a bit of walking exercise.

Bit about horse shoes here.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ENERGIZED-...UAAOSwl8NVfRir
My mum always comes out with a shovel after them. Best garden manure money can't buy.

Last edited by cosmic tramp; 20-12-2015 at 11:44 AM.
cosmic tramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2015, 11:46 AM   #8
grandmasterp
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The SkegVegas Coast
Posts: 31,797
Likes: 2,580 (1,693 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic tramp View Post
My mum always comes out with a shovel after them. Best garden manure money can't buy.
Horse muck is good on beg plots for sure but it needs to stand for a season first and be rained on quite a lot to get the heat out of it
Otherwise it can burn seedlings.
We kept horses and always had a few muck piles on the go. Even after a full winter out, if it rained on a pile on a chilly day the pile would steam up the yard.
Likes: (1)
grandmasterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2015, 11:48 AM   #9
cosmic tramp
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 5,900
Likes: 2,707 (1,758 Posts)
Default

WOW! That's one for the interesting facts thread !
Likes: (1)
cosmic tramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2015, 01:42 PM   #10
elshaper
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pandæmonium
Posts: 25,965
Likes: 5,575 (3,762 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmasterp View Post
Horse muck is good on beg plots for sure but it needs to stand for a season first and be rained on quite a lot to get the heat out of it
Otherwise it can burn seedlings.
We kept horses and always had a few muck piles on the go. Even after a full winter out, if it rained on a pile on a chilly day the pile would steam up the yard.
People place the muck outside of a green house to keep it warm during the winter. Eco-friendly.
Likes: (1)
elshaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2015, 01:53 PM   #11
grandmasterp
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The SkegVegas Coast
Posts: 31,797
Likes: 2,580 (1,693 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elshaper View Post
People place the muck outside of a green house to keep it warm during the winter. Eco-friendly.
Never been ersed doing this myself but an allotment owning chum of ours used to take a lot of muck off us. He piled up fresh horse muck in deep ridges then put soil on top of it that to grow early veg in the warm soil.
Likes: (1)
grandmasterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2015, 04:28 PM   #12
ufochick
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tulsa Oklahoma metro area, USA
Posts: 10,426
Likes: 207 (107 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic tramp View Post
Quite the opposite. Amongst stamp collectors, it's worthless without a franking mark, apparently. That's why Post office sell "First Day Covers" with new stamps pre-postmarked at exorbitant prices.
How odd here in the states they are worthless once used/cancelled/franked.
__________________
Interactive STO social community for Experiencers.
Private domain and hosting, no gov. or corp. ownership or programs.
Use your real name or remain anonymous.
Profiles, hosting for files, pics, videos, PMs, blogs, social walls and much more.
ufochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2017, 09:30 PM   #13
cosmic tramp
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 5,900
Likes: 2,707 (1,758 Posts)
Default

Bump...just a timely reminder as your letterbox fills up with those xmas cards , even if u loathe the season you can get a warm glow knowing the stamps have been put to good use by sending them off to Bransby to help the poorly horses...please share link with those you know.. http://www.bransbyhorses.co.uk

Last edited by cosmic tramp; 20-11-2017 at 09:33 PM.
cosmic tramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2017, 09:36 PM   #14
mollymag4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 664
Likes: 553 (322 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic tramp View Post
Bump...just a timely reminder as your letterbox fills up with those xmas cards , even if u loathe the season you can get a warm glow knowing the stamps have been put to good use by sending them off to Bransby to help the poorly horses...please share link with those you know.. http://www.bransbyhorses.co.uk
Do they take stamps from other countries?
mollymag4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2017, 09:48 PM   #15
cosmic tramp
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 5,900
Likes: 2,707 (1,758 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymag4 View Post
Do they take stamps from other countries?
Absolutely they're worth even more apparently.,they're sold on to stamp dealers to sell on to stamp collectors. Bransby are also asking for any obsolete paper currencies you may still have (uk or overseas), which they likewise sell on to note collectors..
cosmic tramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 08:58 PM   #16
cosmic tramp
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 5,900
Likes: 2,707 (1,758 Posts)
Default

Bump
cosmic tramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2017, 09:26 AM   #17
tom bombadil
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: At home. In London. In the hub of it all.
Posts: 4,455
Likes: 904 (465 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufochick View Post
I went and looked it up but still don't understand. What is a franked stamp?
Where did you look? The bin?

Found in less than a second using this odd thing called Google.

To find out what a 'Google' is, dont bother looking on-line, go straight to the street corner and just stick out your arse into the street, ask for a 'Google' and someone will give you one!

FFS
tom bombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2017, 12:38 PM   #18
cosmic tramp
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 5,900
Likes: 2,707 (1,758 Posts)
Default

Bump II don't forget now.
Likes: (1)
cosmic tramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:10 PM.


Shoutbox provided by vBShout (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.