Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Ancient & Forbidden Knowledge / False History

Old 24-03-2016, 02:05 PM   #1
iamawaveofthesea

Default Older civilisations

Icke has posted an article on his headlines today about an older civilisation which i'll post below. This is synchronistic because last night i was watching stuff about this exact subject!

Gobekli tepi is making people reassess their percetpion of how far back human sophistication extends into the past. Also the weathering patterns on the egyptian sphinx suggest water erosion rather than wind erosion which would date the body of the sphinx back many thousands of years past its current dating to a time when the nile flowed in a different direction, there was rains on the giza plateau as well as grasslands across the north of africa

The head of the sphinx is clearly not in proportion and has been recarved at some point. Some commentators argue that the original head may have been that of a lion and that the entire structure was aligned with the constellation of leo which would push the age of the sphinx way back into the distant past beyond the current 12,000 year old dating of gobekli tepi

The sphinz was deliberately defaced by iconoclasts

Anyway...here's todays article:

Is Our View of History Wrong? New Research Group Aims to Investigate the Evidence for an Advanced Ancient Civilisation
Posted by Greg at 03:17, 24 Mar 2016

Is the orthodox view of the rise of civilisation wrong? For many years, a number of 'alternative' historians have put forward the view that there is enough evidence to suggest that an advanced civilisation existed in prehistory, but through some cataclysm disappeared in the mists of time. And, in recent years, archaeological discoveries such as the truly ancient megalithic site of Göbekli Tepe have continued to add substance to that view.

Geologist Robert Schoch - famous for his 'redating' of the Great Sphinx of Egypt, based on evidence of water eroision - is now, with a number of colleagues, aiming to take research into this idea to the next level. He has just announced the formation of 'ORACUL' ('Organization for the Research of Ancient Cultures'), a non-profit 501c devoted to investigation and discussion of these 'forbidden history' ideas:

read on here: http://www.dailygrail.com/Hidden-His...e-the-Evidence

Last edited by iamawaveofthesea; 24-03-2016 at 02:07 PM.
iamawaveofthesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2016, 02:20 PM   #2
iamawaveofthesea

Old 24-03-2016, 02:23 PM   #3
supertzar

I'm obsessed with stuff like this. What kind of fantasy world was it exactly? Different species of humans running around from dwarfs to giants, some ultra-advanced some barely evolved; high technology around the world, cataclysmic destruction and rebuilding...it's just endless and I feel the reality must have been far more amazingly weird than any fiction.
supertzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2016, 02:44 PM   #4
porridge
Banned

Check out Brian Foersters channel on YT he is big into megalithic ancients before the Dynastic Egyptians & Incas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZYfmfH8y-c

This is one of his latest vids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhWiUad1gOQ
porridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2016, 10:50 PM   #5
rapunzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamawaveofthesea View Post
Icke has posted an article on his headlines today about an older civilisation which i'll post below. This is synchronistic because last night i was watching stuff about this exact subject!

Gobekli tepi is making people reassess their percetpion of how far back human sophistication extends into the past. Also the weathering patterns on the egyptian sphinx suggest water erosion rather than wind erosion which would date the body of the sphinx back many thousands of years past its current dating to a time when the nile flowed in a different direction, there was rains on the giza plateau as well as grasslands across the north of africa

The head of the sphinx is clearly not in proportion and has been recarved at some point. Some commentators argue that the original head may have been that of a lion and that the entire structure was aligned with the constellation of leo which would push the age of the sphinx way back into the distant past beyond the current 12,000 year old dating of gobekli tepi
The discoveries at Gobekli Tepi are indeed fascinating but as for the Sphinx being built in 12,000 BCE have my doubts. In the first place the Egyptians don't appear to have had any knowledge of a Leo constellation. Very few of their constellations match our current ones and I think it quite reasonable to assume that the Sphinx faces east because of the rising sun. Lions were associated with the sun so what would be more appropriate than to have a lion greet the sun every morning. It was the lion god Aker who guarded the gates to the underworld where the sun was born every morning. It's also worth noting that Robert Schoch is the only geologist who holds to a huge redating of the Sphinx. So far I'm not convinced although I do believe that the Sphinx is older than the Giza pyramids as per the Inventory Stele.

Quote:
The sphinz was deliberately defaced by iconoclasts
A Sufi fanatic in the 13th century, wasn't it?

Quote:
Anyway...here's todays article:

Is Our View of History Wrong? New Research Group Aims to Investigate the Evidence for an Advanced Ancient Civilisation
Posted by Greg at 03:17, 24 Mar 2016

Is the orthodox view of the rise of civilisation wrong? For many years, a number of 'alternative' historians have put forward the view that there is enough evidence to suggest that an advanced civilisation existed in prehistory, but through some cataclysm disappeared in the mists of time. And, in recent years, archaeological discoveries such as the truly ancient megalithic site of Göbekli Tepe have continued to add substance to that view.

Geologist Robert Schoch - famous for his 'redating' of the Great Sphinx of Egypt, based on evidence of water eroision - is now, with a number of colleagues, aiming to take research into this idea to the next level. He has just announced the formation of 'ORACUL' ('Organization for the Research of Ancient Cultures'), a non-profit 501c devoted to investigation and discussion of these 'forbidden history' ideas:

read on here: http://www.dailygrail.com/Hidden-His...e-the-Evidence
Who are these 'colleagues', ? And I was disappointed to see the usual anti orthodox slurs as in: "Opposed by many orthodox scholars (whose interests are served by maintaining the status quo),......." What status quo I ask myself since the discovery of Gobekli has aroused great interest amongst scholars with Ian Hodden of Stanford University saying "Göbekli Tepe changes everything…. That alone makes the site one of the most important archaeological finds in a very long time.".

But Jay Weidner claims "12,000 year old city and it hasn’t changed the history books or anything and they continue to tell us that civilisation didn’t start till 6000 years ago, it’s unbelievable what they get away with”.

Rant over. That's why I find history so fascinating since it arouses such strong passions.

Is it a bit solipsistic in here or is it just me?

"Bother," said Pooh, as Cthulhu rose up and ate him. "
rapunzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2016, 12:06 AM   #6
iamawaveofthesea

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapunzel View Post
The discoveries at Gobekli Tepi are indeed fascinating but as for the Sphinx being built in 12,000 BCE have my doubts. In the first place the Egyptians don't appear to have had any knowledge of a Leo constellation. Very few of their constellations match our current ones and I think it quite reasonable to assume that the Sphinx faces east because of the rising sun. Lions were associated with the sun so what would be more appropriate than to have a lion greet the sun every morning. It was the lion god Aker who guarded the gates to the underworld where the sun was born every morning. It's also worth noting that Robert Schoch is the only geologist who holds to a huge redating of the Sphinx. So far I'm not convinced although I do believe that the Sphinx is older than the Giza pyramids as per the Inventory Stele.

A Sufi fanatic in the 13th century, wasn't it?

Who are these 'colleagues', ? And I was disappointed to see the usual anti orthodox slurs as in: "Opposed by many orthodox scholars (whose interests are served by maintaining the status quo),......." What status quo I ask myself since the discovery of Gobekli has aroused great interest amongst scholars with Ian Hodden of Stanford University saying "Göbekli Tepe changes everything…. That alone makes the site one of the most important archaeological finds in a very long time.".

But Jay Weidner claims "12,000 year old city and it hasn’t changed the history books or anything and they continue to tell us that civilisation didn’t start till 6000 years ago, it’s unbelievable what they get away with”.

Rant over. That's why I find history so fascinating since it arouses such strong passions.
The argument goes, as you ar probably aware that the ice age ended very suddenly in about 3 years which means that seas rose by about 100 metres in a very short space of time

People have often lived next to the sea for food and trade and all these settlements near the sea would have been engulfed

Gobekli tepi has been dated to around that time showing a level of sophistication previously thought impossible

The body of the sphinx schoch reckons from a variety of evidence to date to an older time then imagined

The leo alignment would put it at about 12000 BCE.

Schoch has also examined stones on easter island and has suggested these also date back far further than previously thought

Before gobekli tepi the closed minded, orthodox crowd were saying with certainty that there was no civilisation then but now their dogma has proven misplaced; tomorrow they will eat their own words over other things
Old 25-03-2016, 01:18 AM   #7
supertzar

Quote:
The argument goes, as you ar probably aware that the ice age ended very suddenly in about 3 years which means that seas rose by about 100 metres in a very short space of time

People have often lived next to the sea for food and trade and all these settlements near the sea would have been engulfed

Gobekli tepi has been dated to around that time showing a level of sophistication previously thought impossible

The body of the sphinx schoch reckons from a variety of evidence to date to an older time then imagined

Schoch has also examined stones on easter island and has suggested these also date back far further than previously thought

Before gobekli tepi the closed minded, orthodox crowd were saying with certainty that there was no civilisation then but now their dogma has proven misplaced; tomorrow they will eat their own words over other things

I think this is true. Graham Hancock presents the case that this flooding is responsible for major geological formations on a scale that is incredible. I live in the 'Great Lakes State' and when I think of how completely flooded this state must have been it's incredible. I think Michigan was basically a pine-forest swamp surrounded by a super-lake. Out my door a medium sized river flows but the presumed former banks on either side the river are enormously larger. It seems like the river must have been hundreds of times bigger at some point.
supertzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2016, 07:37 AM   #8
pri01

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mmyhy-UOaVA

John Anthony West has a lot of videos on the subject, and once funded out of his own pocket for a qualified geologist to complete a report on the Sphinx. The report was presented to a panel of Egyptologists who rejected his findings. I can't remember which video, but if you're interested, you will find it.

A lot of ego's, grants, and careers are in jeopardy if the truth is revealed and they have to re-write the history books.
pri01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2016, 12:27 PM   #9
iamawaveofthesea

Quote:
Originally Posted by pri01 View Post
A lot of ego's, grants, and careers are in jeopardy if the truth is revealed and they have to re-write the history books.
Thanks for the recommendation, i think West has a lot of vision

The scientific community tends to build up a case behind their hyposthesis by cherry picking information to suit it rather then just gathering the data and then going where it leads them

many then have a lot invested in their hypothesis because they have written books on them, built their names on them and have positions at universities on the basis of those ideas

This can prevent intellectual honesty
Old 26-03-2016, 12:45 PM   #10
cosmic tramp

Quote:
Originally Posted by pri01 View Post
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mmyhy-UOaVA

This was something Richard Dolan raised at the Exopolitics conference as an other obstacle to Disclosure...the sheer expense in having to overhaul and rewrite every science and history book ever written. Not to mention the total transparency which would be demanded of the Vatican, NASA, CIA and world Governments. Ain't gonna happen. A Dark Age is much cheaper.

Last edited by cosmic tramp; 26-03-2016 at 12:47 PM.
cosmic tramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2016, 06:22 PM   #11
rapunzel

Quote:

Yes I know, the end of the Ice Age is probably the reason for the numerous flood legends although strangely enough, there is no flood legend in Egypt.

Quote:
Agreed and hoepfully other discoveries wil be made along the same lines.

Quote:
Agreed but as I said, other geologists disagree with him.

Quote:
You have completely ignored what I said about Leo. If the Sphinx really is Leo and the Nile is the Milky Way then the Sphinx should be on the other side of the river. Schoch believes the Sphinx dates from 5000 BCE and possibly earlier but he has not said anything about 12,000 BCE.

Quote:
Quite possibly

Quote:
Closed minded? No - cautious. Scientists and historians can only go where the evidence leads them and there was no evidence that civilisation was any older than 4000 BCE (although of course it depends upon what is meant by 'civilisation '). Now more evidence is in and they are happy to accept it. It's not their function to go on wild journey's of imagination. If alternative historians ideas have been rejected it is because, when looked at in detail, the facts don't add up.

Old 27-03-2016, 07:17 PM   #12
rapunzel

Quote:
Thanks for the recommendation, i think West has a lot of vision

The scientific community tends to build up a case behind their hyposthesis by cherry picking information to suit it rather then just gathering the data and then going where it leads them
I was absolutely horrified when I read that. The whole idea of research is to follow where the evidence leads, at least that's what I was taught and is what I have observed over the years reading academic research. It is rather the so called 'alternative historians and scientists who do the cherry picking as can be observed in any of their books. I don't think you know what an hypothesis is. A hypothesis cannot be proved, it can only be disproved. For instance 'all swans are white' can never be proved because it is not possible to view every single swan but the observation of one black swan can prove it wrong.

Quote:
many then have a lot invested in their hypothesis because they have written books on them, built their names on them and have positions at universities on the basis of those ideas

This can prevent intellectual honesty
Scientists have many different views and it's not unknown for them to chnage their minds when new evidence is dicovered. As for everyone being forced to hold the orthodox view, what about Sir Fed Hoyle who supported the Steady State Theory against the Big Bang Theory as well as holding many controversial ideas in opposition to the general scientific community. If didn't do his career any harm at all and I think it was he who said "It's better to be interesting and wrong than boring and right"

You are quite wrong if you think that all academics are the same. I can only speak for historians but there are more theories than you imagine and the main criteria is if the theories can be supported. Facts have to be interpreted and this is where the disagreements arise.

Old 27-03-2016, 07:32 PM   #13
markritter
Banned

Well the Edgar Cayce readings discuss Atlantis and Lemuria in some detail.

There are also the underwater stone structures off Japan. When the tsunami hit the Indian coast it revealed a city that had been buried for a very long time which was though to be myth.

There are also structure underwater at lake Titicaca

Plenty of stuff out there to be found.

Last edited by markritter; 27-03-2016 at 07:33 PM.
markritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2016, 07:51 PM   #14
cosmic tramp

Quote:
Originally Posted by markritter View Post
Well the Edgar Cayce readings discuss Atlantis and Lemuria in some detail.

There are also the underwater stone structures off Japan. When the tsunami hit the Indian coast it revealed a city that had been buried for a very long time which was though to be myth.

There are also structure underwater at lake Titicaca

Plenty of stuff out there to be found.
BUT. It . Isn't. On. The. Syllabus.

Last edited by cosmic tramp; 27-03-2016 at 07:52 PM.
Old 27-03-2016, 08:15 PM   #15
markritter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic tramp View Post
BUT. It . Isn't. On. The. Syllabus.
lol, I know.

The whole idea is fascinating though.

Have you seen that documentary called Atlantis in the Andes? its quite scientific how they work out the location. You can get it on youtube too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPYbWOAofgU

Last edited by markritter; 27-03-2016 at 08:15 PM.
Old 27-03-2016, 09:04 PM   #16
screamingeagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertzar View Post
I'm obsessed with stuff like this. What kind of fantasy world was it exactly? Different species of humans running around from dwarfs to giants, some ultra-advanced some barely evolved; high technology around the world, cataclysmic destruction and rebuilding...it's just endless and I feel the reality must have been far more amazingly weird than any fiction.
Then checkout carl munck the code on ytb......when you combine his discoveris with those from thunderbolts.info crew imagination starts to boil.....or should i say rock
Old 27-03-2016, 11:47 PM   #17
cosmic tramp

Quote:
lol, I know.

The whole idea is fascinating though.

Have you seen that documentary called Atlantis in the Andes? its quite scientific how they work out the location. You can get it on youtube too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPYbWOAofgU
No but I will (I'm the man, by the way, who has my own crusade against much of what is offered on You Tube, but I will have a look).

Last edited by cosmic tramp; 28-03-2016 at 07:12 PM.
Old 28-03-2016, 06:33 PM   #18
markritter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic tramp View Post
No but I will (I'm the man by the way who has my own crusade against much of what is offered on You Tube, but I will have a look).
Its an actual documentary that has been on TV, its just that there is a copy on youtube.
Old 28-03-2016, 06:37 PM   #19
cosmic tramp

Quote:
Its an actual documentary that has been on TV, its just that there is a copy on youtube.
Ah. Been on TV eh ? Well, that's quite another matter altogether.
Old 11-04-2016, 08:52 PM   #20
iamawaveofthesea

Graham Hancock Ancient Civilizations and Impact Events