Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Health / Natural Healing / Therapies / Nutrition

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2011, 05:45 PM   #1
theoneandonly
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 204
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default Meals on the go

Anyone have any suggestions or recipes of healthy meals to eat when they go to work or out for the day and have to take pre-prepared food?

Would be much appreciated
__________________
“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope.
In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort.
In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream.
And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”
~Michael Jackson
theoneandonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:48 PM   #2
exclamatio
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: England
Posts: 1,422
Likes: 14 (5 Posts)
Default

take fruit!

Today i was out and about and took 12 bananas and 5 oranges, took a spare bag for the peel and was onto a winner
__________________
Who are we?
exclamatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:58 PM   #3
ex sheep
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Subtleland
Posts: 24,263
Likes: 1,337 (631 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by exclamatio View Post
take fruit!

Today i was out and about and took 12 bananas and 5 oranges, took a spare bag for the peel and was onto a winner
12


.

Last edited by ex sheep; 09-02-2011 at 09:06 PM.
ex sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:03 PM   #4
theoneandonly
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 204
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by exclamatio View Post
take fruit!

Today i was out and about and took 12 bananas and 5 oranges, took a spare bag for the peel and was onto a winner
Wow 12 thats a lot! dont think i could handle that many in a day!

I was kind of thinking more of a whole meal with good carbs and protein! Plenty of veg too! lol
__________________
“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope.
In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort.
In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream.
And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”
~Michael Jackson
theoneandonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 02:20 AM   #5
allure
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Isle of Everywhere
Posts: 2,152
Likes: 25 (18 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
Anyone have any suggestions or recipes of healthy meals to eat when they go to work or out for the day and have to take pre-prepared food?

Would be much appreciated
I make up salads at the beginning of the week that I keep in the fridge and can snack on through the rest of the week.

I use different types of beans, sprouted seeds, quinoa, peppers, celery, onions (whatever I have/feel like). Then I make a dressing using spices, turmeric, cumin, coriander (whatever I feel like) mixed with olive oil or lime juice.

Mix everything together in a big bowl, cover and keep in the fridge, it will stay good for days.

You could transfer a portion to a tupperware box to take with you for lunch. Take some wholewheat wraps with you and make salad wraps.

You could add cooked chicken if you eat meat, anything you want.

This has been a lifesaver for me as I always have something healthy on hand to eat, thwarts any temptations to eat junk.
__________________
When you seek happiness for yourself, it will always elude you.
When you seek happiness for others, you will find it in yourself.
allure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:29 AM   #6
theoneandonly
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 204
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by allure View Post
I make up salads at the beginning of the week that I keep in the fridge and can snack on through the rest of the week.

I use different types of beans, sprouted seeds, quinoa, peppers, celery, onions (whatever I have/feel like). Then I make a dressing using spices, turmeric, cumin, coriander (whatever I feel like) mixed with olive oil or lime juice.

Mix everything together in a big bowl, cover and keep in the fridge, it will stay good for days.

You could transfer a portion to a tupperware box to take with you for lunch. Take some wholewheat wraps with you and make salad wraps.

You could add cooked chicken if you eat meat, anything you want.

This has been a lifesaver for me as I always have something healthy on hand to eat, thwarts any temptations to eat junk.
Thanks some good suggestions! I think i might make a wrap probably the easiest!
__________________
“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope.
In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort.
In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream.
And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”
~Michael Jackson
theoneandonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:32 AM   #7
blackstar76
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 4,131
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Default

can of beans. Good for you and yummy too. Best thing you can eat from a can.
__________________
This place is dead as heaven on a saturday night. But my very close companion gets me falling and get me laughing. She a hundred but she's wearing something tight---Lenoard Cohen
blackstar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:57 AM   #8
Shiyoken
Premier Subscribers
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,460
Likes: 83 (45 Posts)
Default

Before I turned to vegan, I used to have steam/raw veggies with either canned tuna, cooked chicken or anykind of lean cooked meat for college. I quite enjoyied doing it, because I knew it was much healthier stuff that I was putting in my body, then what everyone else was eating. Though, the smell is hilarious, but everyone got use to it through-out the year and a few people in the class started to follow the trend.

Fruit and vegetables are your best option, it'll keep your mind clear, body hydrated and not feeling more hungry, lathargic or reaching for the vending machine. Just like the guy above with the 12 banana's (ftw), they are probably one of your best options as they don't require washing with water or any other fruit with a protective peel. Though, if you do get things like berries, grapes brought previously from the shop, give them a quick wash in the toilets or something. I know that sounds disgusting but trust me washing them in the toliets is better then not washing them at all, and when people come in, they just look at you strangly lol!

Prepared fruit/vegetable salads, mix nuts, sandwiches, wraps, anything you can cram into a lunchbox is good to go! Goodluck!

Last edited by Shiyoken; 10-02-2011 at 09:58 AM.
Shiyoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:09 AM   #9
theoneandonly
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 204
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiyoken View Post
Before I turned to vegan, I used to have steam/raw veggies with either canned tuna, cooked chicken or anykind of lean cooked meat for college. I quite enjoyied doing it, because I knew it was much healthier stuff that I was putting in my body, then what everyone else was eating. Though, the smell is hilarious, but everyone got use to it through-out the year and a few people in the class started to follow the trend.

Fruit and vegetables are your best option, it'll keep your mind clear, body hydrated and not feeling more hungry, lathargic or reaching for the vending machine. Just like the guy above with the 12 banana's (ftw), they are probably one of your best options as they don't require washing with water or any of fruit with a protective peel. Though, if you do get things like berries, grapes brought previously from the shop, give them a quick wash in the toilets or something. Trust me washing them in the toliets is better then not washing them at all, and when a people come in, they just look at you strangly lol!

Prepared fruit/vegetable salads, mix nuts, sandwiches, wraps, anything you can cram into a lunchbox is good to go! Goodluck!
mmm the bolded bit sounds good! Yeah good advice i think i will just raid the kitchen and cram it in a lunch box! I want to get away from sandwiches as i read the ingredients list and it wasnt pretty! they put soo much crap in i just never want to eat it again!

I basically want something to eat for lunch before doing weights as i have to do them as part of a research project at uni (i'm a girl ), i'm quite lucky with my timetable as every other day i have lunch at home!
__________________
“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope.
In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort.
In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream.
And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”
~Michael Jackson
theoneandonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:14 AM   #10
the tealady
Forum Advisor
 
the tealady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Down by the sea
Posts: 18,965
Likes: 4,647 (2,475 Posts)
Default

My fave is a simple Greek style salad of shredded spinach, red onion, black olives, some fetta cheese and tomato. I dont like oil or dressing apart from a couple of teaspoons of olive juice, plus the fruit that has already been mentioned.
__________________
Unlike a lot of other people, David walks the talk. Be careful who you trust in this alternative media and research.

Please don't feed the trolls.

When I LIKE a post, it does not always mean I agree, it can also just mean I think a valid point has been made.
the tealady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 02:02 PM   #11
exclamatio
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: England
Posts: 1,422
Likes: 14 (5 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
Wow 12 thats a lot! dont think i could handle that many in a day!

I was kind of thinking more of a whole meal with good carbs and protein! Plenty of veg too! lol
12 can seem daunting at 1st, it did for me too! But I don't eat them all at once, only when I'm hungry

bananas have fat, protein and carbs with a raw vegan diet you can get all the protein, fat and simple carbohydrates your body needs. Not to mention the high water content of fruit, great taste and no cleaning up! <3

I'm out for hours at a time and trust me I need energy on the go, that's why I've stuck with fruit as my main source of calories. Without fuel for the fire we are gonna end up falling behind in our daily lives!
__________________
Who are we?
exclamatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 02:06 PM   #12
theoneandonly
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 204
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by exclamatio View Post
12 can seem daunting at 1st, it did for me too! But I don't eat them all at once, only when I'm hungry

bananas have fat, protein and carbs with a raw vegan diet you can get all the protein, fat and simple carbohydrates your body needs. Not to mention the high water content of fruit, great taste and no cleaning up! <3

I'm out for hours at a time and trust me I need energy on the go, that's why I've stuck with fruit as my main source of calories. Without fuel for the fire we are gonna end up falling behind in our daily lives!
Yeah i agree they are really good food source but i need some variety lol i take 2 bananas with me when i go out anyway, the thing with bananas is they are high on the glycemic index meaning they are quickly absorbed so insulin spikes, i need something which is a bit more slowly released to get me through the day
__________________
“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope.
In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort.
In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream.
And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”
~Michael Jackson
theoneandonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 02:27 PM   #13
exclamatio
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: England
Posts: 1,422
Likes: 14 (5 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
Yeah i agree they are really good food source but i need some variety lol i take 2 bananas with me when i go out anyway, the thing with bananas is they are high on the glycemic index meaning they are quickly absorbed so insulin spikes, i need something which is a bit more slowly released to get me through the day
Look into glycemic index vs glycemic load, you will only have trouble with unsulin when you are getting too many calories from fat in your diet.

Eating a meal of fruit requires a small change in perspective as most food you are eating now is much more calorie dense. A kilo of meat for example will have a few thousand calories but a kilo of bananas will have less than 1 thousand.

Depending on their size (captain obvious) 2 bananas will give you 200 calories at most so a few pieces of fruit will leave you feeling fatigued whatever you are doing. You're going to need 2000 as a minimum jst to live and keep your organs all happy before you have extra energy to do stuff like move about or think. Personally I shoot for 3000 calories a day as a minimum and more when I'm working out but I generally just listen to my body now.

To begin with when eating more fruit it can be a little difficult to fit the volume inside! This is through years of eating food low in water content, after a few weeks / months your stomach will stretch and you'l be able to accomodate enough to leave you feeling satisfied. What really helped me with this was eating a few pieces of fruit at the start of each meal or having breakfast as fruit only. Quickly I progressed onto full satisfying meals of only fruit and now most of my meals have only 1 ingredient to make it super super easy on my body.

I eat a variety of fruit and veg throughout the week but each individual meal I keep as simple as possible, the more ingredients you use, the harder it is for your body to digest and the less the simpler! <3

There's a really good program called Chronometer that can help you log your daily intake of calories, it's free but I don't have the link to hand I'm sure google can help there. It's a lot easier to plan your daily meals when you know how much fuel you are getting. It also breaks down your intake of protein, fat and carbs alongside vitamins and minerals. I Reaaaaally recommend it even if you don't eat a lot of fruit yet.

Another personal example, today I took with me 9 bananas and 7 large oranges. I've still got 2 bananas left and I've eaten the rest over the last 6 hors or so. Hope that helps!
__________________
Who are we?

Last edited by exclamatio; 10-02-2011 at 02:28 PM.
exclamatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 02:30 PM   #14
2013
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: within
Posts: 4,285
Likes: 2 (2 Posts)
Default

Get a food flask , larger version of regular flask and soak poridge oats overnight add hemp seed coconut oil and mixed nuts, fruit and berries .you can cook the porridge if you prefer it hot use oat milk instead of dairy .Oats are a slow realease food so work thru the day .
__________________
Tell the Truth and Shame The Devil
we are the ones we have been waiting for
100 monkeys cant be wrong
2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:11 PM   #15
nirvana
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: here now
Posts: 4,735
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Default

Take a flask and have soup and quinoa inside.
Quinoa Is very high in iron, magnesium, calcium, also a compleat protein all amino .
No wonder the inca's fed their warriors quinoa.
I eat it as a desert aswell mixed with yogurt.
nirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:58 PM   #16
robbyblade
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 945
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Default

You might want to check out the Primal Diet by Aajonus Vonderplanitz. You will learn what real healthy food is, and it's easy to always have food with you.

I have a canvas satchel that I carry food in. I throw a piece of clothing in it like sweatpants to make it padded to protect my glass jars. I carry raw milk in glass Ball jars, my honey and butter mixtures, and some raw fish or meat. I usually have some free-range soy-free eggs that I can just eat out of the shell. You tap the fat end against the flat of your canine to just crack it. Then you puncture the more narrow end of the egg with the point of your canine. Then suck out the white (tasteless, salty) followed by the rich, yummy yoke.

This diet is very liberating once you have transitioned to it. It's the most important thing I have ever done in my life. I feel as though I can finally accomplish my dreams. You can't achieve your dreams by stepping over your health.

Also, after speaking with Aajonus briefly, I believe him to be "one of us," if you will. He knows about the evil people running the world, etc.
robbyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:09 AM   #17
exclamatio
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: England
Posts: 1,422
Likes: 14 (5 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbyblade View Post
You might want to check out the Primal Diet by Aajonus Vonderplanitz. You will learn what real healthy food is, and it's easy to always have food with you.

I have a canvas satchel that I carry food in. I throw a piece of clothing in it like sweatpants to make it padded to protect my glass jars. I carry raw milk in glass Ball jars, my honey and butter mixtures, and some raw fish or meat. I usually have some free-range soy-free eggs that I can just eat out of the shell. You tap the fat end against the flat of your canine to just crack it. Then you puncture the more narrow end of the egg with the point of your canine. Then suck out the white (tasteless, salty) followed by the rich, yummy yoke.

This diet is very liberating once you have transitioned to it. It's the most important thing I have ever done in my life. I feel as though I can finally accomplish my dreams. You can't achieve your dreams by stepping over your health.

Also, after speaking with Aajonus briefly, I believe him to be "one of us," if you will. He knows about the evil people running the world, etc.
im interested in the primal diet, do you have links to any blood tests or anything similar from anyone thats been on the diet for a while? feel free to pm as its kinda off topic
__________________
Who are we?
exclamatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2011, 04:28 AM   #18
ajb408
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 36
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default Protein + Carbs

Whether you are snacking or mealing on the go, you want to combine carbs with a maximum amount of protein, which will help curb your glycemic index and will sustain your metabolism for a longer period of time.

My favorites include:

-Nonfat Greek strained yogurt-- 90 cal, 15g protein & 7g sugar per cup. Mix in whatever fruit you have around, and I also recommend adding raw almonds, walnuts or pistachios (3 of the healthiest and least fatty nuts). It's a great combination of textures, flavors & nutrients.

-Protein Shakes-- make sure you get a product that doesn't have cadmium (like muscle milk) and uses 100% vegetarian protein. Also look for ones low in fat

-Beef Jerky!!! It's way high in protein and usually only 1g of fat per serving
ajb408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:46 PM.


Shoutbox provided by vBShout (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.