Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Survival / Local Economies / Communities

Old 13-01-2010, 09:30 PM   #1
them

Default The Road

I went to see this yesterday afternoon and enjoyed watching it.

Here's a synopsis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
The Road is a 2006 novel by American writer Cormac McCarthy. It is a post-apocalyptic tale of a journey taken by a father and his young son over a period of several months, across a landscape blasted by an unnamed cataclysm that destroyed all civilization and, apparently, almost all life on earth.

The novel was awarded the 2007 Pulitzer Prize for Fiction and the James Tait Black Memorial Prize for Fiction in 2006.

and here is a trailer

Old 14-01-2010, 11:30 AM   #2
tracker

Yep and this film only shows the lighter side of reality in those times .

tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 01:29 PM   #3
them

Indeed.

One thing that it reinforced in me was the importance of keeping a stock of antibiotics for dire emergencies. Personally, I keep quite a stock of Sheep antibiotics (exactly the same as human AB's) for this very reason and today I've put the older ones in a separate box and bought in a stock of new ones.

I rarely administer them to my own Sheep unlike most Shepherds/Farmers, even the 'so called' Organic ones.

The other positive to come out of it was a new respect for my supplies hoard from the girls who have always chided me about this in the past

Last edited by them; 14-01-2010 at 01:30 PM.
them is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2010, 08:36 PM   #4
petercookie

I have to say that i watched it and thought it was totally rubbish(but we all have diffrent tastes i suppose). It makes you think that every other person is a crazy canabal and to not have any faith in humanity, when quite clearly that man and hes sons chances of survival would be greatly improved if they got rid of there fears and trusted more in strangers.

Other people are not that bad imo and if ever a situation got as bad as that i dont think it would be half as bad.

What makes things that bad though is fear. When people are that affraid of others then you will be more isolated and un-trusting of others.

Just my oppinions there on just watching the film.............
petercookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2010, 09:37 PM   #5
them

Lol

I told the Landlord of my local pub to go and see it while we were having lunch today after he declared that he & his wife were off to the pictures this afternoon.

I got a text from him earlier saying it was the biggest load of bollocks he had seen in years!

As for the story.. the biggest sense of fear I picked up on was the Fathers fear for his Sons well being & future.

What you say is true though as the boy encountered people he decided to trust in the closing sequence of the film which was a positive ending, imo.

Last edited by them; 15-01-2010 at 09:37 PM.
them is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2010, 11:37 PM   #6
petercookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by them View Post
Lol

I told the Landlord of my local pub to go and see it while we were having lunch today after he declared that he & his wife were off to the pictures this afternoon.

I got a text from him earlier saying it was the biggest load of bollocks he had seen in years!

As for the story.. the biggest sense of fear I picked up on was the Fathers fear for his Sons well being & future.

What you say is true though as the boy encountered people he decided to trust in the closing sequence of the film which was a positive ending, imo.
Yea I think it was (saying that though by the end we were skipping 10secs every now and then )

I just thought it portrayed human nature in a rather sad light. Like we would kill some old women for abit of meat (they can be juicey i suppose) but all in all i think you are right that the fathers fear was for hes son. Alot of there decisions which they made seemed totally illogical too.

If it was me though i would of stayed in the bunker, created an alliance with as many people as possible and then REVOLT, bring down the NWO fuckers and be FREE AT LAST, FREE AT LASTT....... lol
petercookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2010, 11:56 PM   #7
_underscore_

Quote:
Originally Posted by petercookie View Post
Yea I think it was (saying that though by the end we were skipping 10secs every now and then )

I just thought it portrayed human nature in a rather sad light. Like we would kill some old women for abit of meat (they can be juicey i suppose) but all in all i think you are right that the fathers fear was for hes son. Alot of there decisions which they made seemed totally illogical too.

If it was me though i would of stayed in the bunker, created an alliance with as many people as possible and then REVOLT, bring down the NWO fuckers and be FREE AT LAST, FREE AT LASTT....... lol

When society crumbles and there is no order, there will be nothing left to revolt against. _underscore_ has not seen the film, but the book was a good read. People in modern, western civilisations are completely dependant upon the system, when there are no more cans of food and packages of recently slaughtered animal meat in the supermarket the vast majority of people will be panic striken undoubtedly turning on eachother in a matter of days with no power to light the night. _underscore_ last month read a book entitled "One Second After", in which nuclear bombs are lit off in the atmosphere above Eastern Europe, the South Pacific and Kansas (central state to the Continental US). These nukes trigger EMPs which render every piece of modern technology useless the affected areas (which are vast, the entire Continental US was affected in the book). This is a very real possibility and there will be groups of people that band together. _underscore_ hopes that if the "One Second After" scenario does happen, that he'll run into a 'good' group of people before barbarians/savages find him and his family.
Old 18-01-2010, 02:16 PM   #8
them

Thanks both for the comments

I will have a go at the book.

looks worth reading too.

I was reading about EMP the other day on this site and now have a SW radio & batteries wrapped up in alternate layers of plastic and tin foil to form a DIY Faraday cage.

Being able to pick up a signal from somewhere, anywhere, and possibly glean information, good or bad, might be useful if there's ever a pulse.