Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat

View Poll Results: For or against facebook
For 27 18.49%
Against 119 81.51%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 28-01-2014, 03:51 PM   #81
adzboarder
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sector 4G
Posts: 1,937
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by openeyed View Post
never had a personal one and never will, I do have a business one though which brings in a steady flow of traffic to my website. If you work and earn money off the web then social marketing is a necessity.
Same, I use it to get business and I also amused self and stay connected with people I care about. Which is why I voted for.
The majority of people are using it wrong and posting way too much stuff but on a different note I often find things that are of interest posted there from the "alternative media" which is a really good thing in my opinion. I post truths there pretty much daily, just to get through to all the mainstream morons, perhaps give people a different spin on the predetermined agendas. This simply can't be a bad thing!
__________________
AdZ (",)
Bomb hills not people.
Kent Based Video Production -http://www.OYFE.co.uk/ - my small, friendly, affordable, local business.
adzboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2014, 03:51 PM   #82
adzboarder
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sector 4G
Posts: 1,937
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Default

As always I'm in the minority... Cool!
__________________
AdZ (",)
Bomb hills not people.
Kent Based Video Production -http://www.OYFE.co.uk/ - my small, friendly, affordable, local business.
adzboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2014, 11:41 PM   #83
fluxed
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,709
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unify View Post
I have recently deleted my Facebook account as I feel that it is a tool of enslavement that is paving the way for an Orwellian world. It’s a time vampire, which fills in your life with meaningless irrelevancies until you become as shallow as a puddle! As I can gather, Facebook seems to be the best way to facilitate the removal of many of our rights of privacy.

I challenge people who have Facebook to come to their senses and delete their account.
This could be deemed as an agenda.

Facebook can be used with the opposite effect, which you outline
above.

Certain groups are great places to expose freemasons in front
on many onlookers.

I will 'use' facebook, just as they 'use' us.
__________________
'All leadership roles, will be banned from any secret society and be subject to a
renumeration cap.''

Once this has been enforced, the sun
will shine upon a masonic free world.
fluxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2014, 12:26 AM   #84
siliconpsychosis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 1,107
Likes: 31 (9 Posts)
Default

I enjoy using facebook to share inspirational quotes, thoughts, ideas, interesting or invaluable information and to meet likeminded people. I don't care if the 'Illuminati/Overlords whatevertheyare' know what I think, or what I am doing, since I am fearless. :P

I also believe social networking is evolving, and possibly a manifestation of the collective consciousness. In time we may see a greater shift from individualism and a step towards collectivism or oneness, through sharing ourselves, revealing our hopes and dreams to each other, and developing mutual respect and understanding.

Social networking is evolution, and facebook may be an early product, that will be superceeded by more imaginative concepts in the near future. I'm sure some are being developed right now, likely by young people born into a world of internet and new ways of communicating with each other.

Last edited by siliconpsychosis; 29-01-2014 at 12:29 AM.
siliconpsychosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2014, 02:49 AM   #85
steve_anderson
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 655
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unify View Post
I have recently deleted my Facebook account as I feel that it is a tool of enslavement that is paving the way for an Orwellian world. It’s a time vampire, which fills in your life with meaningless irrelevancies until you become as shallow as a puddle! As I can gather, Facebook seems to be the best way to facilitate the removal of many of our rights of privacy.

I challenge people who have Facebook to come to their senses and delete their account.

Please post if you are FOR or AGAINST Facebook and please give me your reasons why. And for all the people who had/have Facebook, please post if this thread has made you delete your account or made you even consider deleting it. Thanks for your posts in advance

The videos below will give you an insight into some of the reasons why I chose to delete my account.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGEQm...layer_embedded

Beware Facebook cia dod department of defence darpa iao information awareness office - YouTube
Facebook has deleted several of my accounts for me.

They are very quick to "lock out" accounts if they don't like opinions expressed by users or for various other arbitrary reasons.

I will always remake a fake account or two so I can post on message boards that require you to log in with Facebook or some other "social media" crap. Its annoying as hell though to have to re-create fake accounts all the time.
steve_anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2014, 02:51 AM   #86
steve_anderson
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 655
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by siliconpsychosis View Post
I enjoy using facebook to share inspirational quotes, thoughts, ideas, interesting or invaluable information and to meet likeminded people. I don't care if the 'Illuminati/Overlords whatevertheyare' know what I think, or what I am doing, since I am fearless. :P

I also believe social networking is evolving, and possibly a manifestation of the collective consciousness. In time we may see a greater shift from individualism and a step towards collectivism or oneness, through sharing ourselves, revealing our hopes and dreams to each other, and developing mutual respect and understanding.

Social networking is evolution, and facebook may be an early product, that will be superceeded by more imaginative concepts in the near future. I'm sure some are being developed right now, likely by young people born into a world of internet and new ways of communicating with each other.
No disrespect, but are you under the care of a licensed mental health professional?

Last edited by steve_anderson; 29-01-2014 at 02:51 AM.
steve_anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2014, 02:53 AM   #87
steve_anderson
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 655
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Facebook, Twitter, etc, are all owned by private companies which only run them to make money. They also work in cooperation with the government to spy on and control people. They are not your friend. I suggest if you use it, make fake accounts and try to wreak havoc with their spying operations and generally make an annoyance of yourself. The more we can make a mockery out of "social media" the sooner it will go away.
steve_anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2014, 06:30 AM   #88
Dude111
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 20,406
Likes: 1,436 (935 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unify
I have recently deleted my Facebook account
Excellent!!!
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2014, 06:57 AM   #89
unseen_influencer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 489
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Default Facebook

I have never used it and hope I will never be forced to use it.

I can't understand the attraction, but then I am an introverted loner!
__________________
"Data! data! data! I can't make bricks without clay!" - Sherlock Holmes in "The Adventure of the Copper Beeches" by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

“I began to get really keen, for every man at the bottom of his heart believes that he is a born detective.” Sir Edward Leithen in "The Power House" by John Buchan

http://unseen-influences.blogspot.com

Last edited by unseen_influencer; 29-01-2014 at 06:58 AM.
unseen_influencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2014, 08:13 AM   #90
moritz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 580
Likes: 217 (97 Posts)
Default

funny but true

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juQcZO_WnsI
Likes: (1)
moritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2014, 10:07 AM   #91
decode reality
Inactive
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 24,061
Likes: 4,369 (2,796 Posts)
Default Against

"Holidays are comin'
The kids are getting fat
Put another penny in the corporation hat
There's computer consolation now
For every boy and girl
Coz the hand that rocks the cradle
Is the hand that rules the world"

"Sony in the nursery, no need to turn the page
The cartoon generation are soon to come of age
Virtual relationships untouched by human hands
Laying their foundation in the ever shifting sand
."

UB40 - 'Hand That Rocks The Cradle'

Last edited by decode reality; 29-01-2014 at 10:07 AM.
decode reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2014, 10:10 AM   #92
grandmasterp
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The SkegVegas Coast
Posts: 31,797
Likes: 2,580 (1,693 Posts)
Default

Facebook's on its way out.
Undergrads don't use it.
It'll be dead within five years.
grandmasterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2014, 10:26 AM   #93
decode reality
Inactive
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 24,061
Likes: 4,369 (2,796 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmasterp View Post
Facebook's on its way out.
Undergrads don't use it.
It'll be dead within five years.
Just out of coincidence:

http://news.sky.com/story/1199647/fa...-users-by-2017

Facebook 'Could Lose 80% Of Users By 2017'

Interest in Facebook has peaked and the social network could lose up to 80% of its users by 2017, researchers say.

Academics at Princeton University used theories on the spread of disease combined with Google Trends data on searches for Facebook to predict the demise of the world's largest social network.

They concluded: "Facebook has already reached the peak of its popularity and has entered a decline phase.

"The future suggests that Facebook will undergo a rapid decline in the coming years, losing 80% of its peak user base between 2015 and 2017."
decode reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2014, 10:27 AM   #94
decode reality
Inactive
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 24,061
Likes: 4,369 (2,796 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by decode reality View Post
Just out of coincidence:

http://news.sky.com/story/1199647/fa...-users-by-2017

Facebook 'Could Lose 80% Of Users By 2017'

Interest in Facebook has peaked and the social network could lose up to 80% of its users by 2017, researchers say.

Academics at Princeton University used theories on the spread of disease combined with Google Trends data on searches for Facebook to predict the demise of the world's largest social network.

They concluded: "Facebook has already reached the peak of its popularity and has entered a decline phase.

"The future suggests that Facebook will undergo a rapid decline in the coming years, losing 80% of its peak user base between 2015 and 2017."
Oh I do love those academics!
decode reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2014, 10:29 AM   #95
grandmasterp
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The SkegVegas Coast
Posts: 31,797
Likes: 2,580 (1,693 Posts)
Default

What works tomorrow is what today's undergraduates are playing with now.
They aint using Facebook that's for sure.
Their Nanas and Granddads are using Facebook.
That bird has flown my friend.
RIP Facebook.

Last edited by grandmasterp; 29-01-2014 at 10:29 AM.
grandmasterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2014, 10:39 AM   #96
decode reality
Inactive
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 24,061
Likes: 4,369 (2,796 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmasterp View Post
What works tomorrow is what today's undergraduates are playing with now.
They aint using Facebook that's for sure.
Their Nanas and Granddads are using Facebook.

That bird has flown my friend.
RIP Facebook.
Everything is essentially an update and ongoing modification of the 'chat room' that was all the rage in the 90s. I'm 50/50 with it all but wouldn't advocate social media.
decode reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2014, 10:58 AM   #97
iamawaveofthesea
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 26,740
Likes: 13,667 (7,885 Posts)
Default

Facebook is a spy database

Mark Zuckerberg is a CIA and Mossad asset
iamawaveofthesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2014, 11:03 AM   #98
grandmasterp
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The SkegVegas Coast
Posts: 31,797
Likes: 2,580 (1,693 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by decode reality View Post
Everything is essentially an update and ongoing modification of the 'chat room' that was all the rage in the 90s. I'm 50/50 with it all but wouldn't advocate social media.

Our lot create their own platforms via the VLEs.
It's a mystery to me I just let them set me up and do as I'm instructed in order to join in their interactions online.
Skype is a biggie at the moment plus virtual common rooms.
I can see lots of them on the screen at one time and they can all see me and we can talk to one another.
No idea at all how it works but it's jolly clever.
One of them even knocked out the doohickey on this iPad that told my bosses exactly where I was at any time during the working week.

Last edited by grandmasterp; 29-01-2014 at 11:04 AM.
grandmasterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2014, 11:24 AM   #99
siliconpsychosis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 1,107
Likes: 31 (9 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_anderson View Post
No disrespect, but are you under the care of a licensed mental health professional?
'No disrespect' but have you got a tendency towards using disrespectful passive aggressive strategies?

Last edited by siliconpsychosis; 29-01-2014 at 11:26 AM.
siliconpsychosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2014, 11:29 AM   #100
dystopian_future
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,436
Likes: 6 (4 Posts)
Default

Have an account. Only used it to play games a while back. Would quite happily see it crash and burn.

I also have a 13 year old niece and worry a little about the possible effects. When people are online and under the cloak of anonymity (with fake accounts etc) they sometimes can be a little abusive. My sister also mentioned that she'd been messaged by some 18 year old guy who was a bit overly flirty but I guess that's a constant danger and worry in the world. In facebook I think there's a bunch of guys who just try and add any attractive female to their friends list whether they know them or not and no matter what age they are.

Ironically, I'm making this point on forum which is a form of online interaction on it's own, but facebook takes that to another level. At least here I am fairly anonymous (to the general users).
__________________
- Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men. ~ Lord Acton.

Last edited by dystopian_future; 29-01-2014 at 11:37 AM.
dystopian_future is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
delete, enslavement, facebook, orwellian, privacy

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:08 PM.


Shoutbox provided by vBShout (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.