Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Conspiracy/Truth Researchers > General - The Researchers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 28-09-2008, 08:46 PM   #1
thirdwave
Premier Subscribers
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London
Posts: 22,597
Likes: 92 (77 Posts)
Default Robert Anton Wilson

Thought I would start one up on RAW.... as he is always worth checking out..



thirdwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2008, 08:52 PM   #2
logic bomb
Premier Subscribers
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,626
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Default

The man was a genius.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...e+wilson&hl=en
logic bomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2008, 09:00 PM   #3
krakhead
Premier Subscribers
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dark Side Of The Room
Posts: 11,335
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Default

3 threads I've previously quoted RAW for..........

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23213

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29961

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29960

And I really wish a lot of forum members would take notice of his ideas - particularly E-Prime (although that appears to confuse most people! ), I feel its regular use would make this forum a much more pleasant place.

RAW's writing changed me completely, starting with his book 'Prometheus Rising'

You can d/load a PDF of it here

I cannot recommend this book highly enough. I read it every year -sometimes twice - (and have done for 18 years!) and I'm STILL finding it teaches me something!

So - either it's a great book with lots to teach on many levels, OR - I'm a bit slow on the old uptake!

YOU decide!
__________________
This message brought to you by
Krakhead Inc.
“You simply cannot invent any conspiracy theory so ridiculous and
obviously satirical that some people somewhere don't already believe it.”
Rwy'n dy garu di
krakhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2008, 09:06 PM   #4
thirdwave
Premier Subscribers
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London
Posts: 22,597
Likes: 92 (77 Posts)
Default

He does not really have a set belief system so like you say it can be a handful for some... and he may come across like he does not take it seriously... he does, its just he knows that you can dig your self in a hole with it all...

note how he does not tell people what they should be believing..
thirdwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2008, 06:21 PM   #5
krakhead
Premier Subscribers
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dark Side Of The Room
Posts: 11,335
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Default

Had a look for some more RAW books available online in case anyone wants to check more of his work out.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/3414595/Wi...the-Illuminati
A great quantum detective novel featuring Crowley, Einstein and Joyce - one of my favourites It WILL teach you something about yourself!

http://www.scribd.com/doc/2847/Rober...tum-Psychology
The 'sequel' to 'Prometheus Rising' - along the same lines, but the exercises in it are more geared to group work.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/3444644/Ro...rs-Cat-Trilogy
Amazing novel! Quantum theory explained! But with extra sex! And drugs! Yay!

http://www.scribd.com/doc/3415595/Ro...Mkultra-News-p
A treatise on the idiocy of the 'War on (some) Drugs" - amongst other things

http://www.scribd.com/doc/50207/The-Illuminati-Papers
A nice excerpt from "The Illuminati Papers"

http://www.scribd.com/doc/3418196/Ma...d?autodown=pdf
A collection of writings by various 'alternative' thinkers, RAW included.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/5966308/Principia-Discordia
Hail Bob! Hail Eris! I am an officiated pope of the Discordian Church! Ordained by RAW himself!

http://www.scribd.com/doc/50221/Hyat...-Other-Devices
Not by RAW, by Christopher S. Hyatt, a boring speaker, but a great writer! I've gained a lot from this book and thought I may as well put it here. The introduction's by RAW!
__________________
This message brought to you by
Krakhead Inc.
“You simply cannot invent any conspiracy theory so ridiculous and
obviously satirical that some people somewhere don't already believe it.”
Rwy'n dy garu di
krakhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2008, 02:13 PM   #6
hagbard_celine
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Oxford
Posts: 4,364
Likes: 4 (4 Posts)
Default

RAW was brilliant and hilariously funny.

In fact he was more than funny. He radiated joy!

Eris be with you, Bob!
__________________
"Lynda, you're sweet. From what I've seen of your world, do you think anybody votes for sweet?"
Doctor Who- Bad Wolf.

"Because he refused to compete in games for domination he was indomitable."
from The Dispossessed by Ursula le Guin
hagbard_celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2008, 02:14 PM   #7
hagbard_celine
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Oxford
Posts: 4,364
Likes: 4 (4 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdwave View Post
I've not seen this one. Thanks, TW.
__________________
"Lynda, you're sweet. From what I've seen of your world, do you think anybody votes for sweet?"
Doctor Who- Bad Wolf.

"Because he refused to compete in games for domination he was indomitable."
from The Dispossessed by Ursula le Guin
hagbard_celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2008, 04:13 PM   #8
infinite tea
Inactive
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,239
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krakhead View Post
3 threads I've previously quoted RAW for..........

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23213

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29961

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29960

And I really wish a lot of forum members would take notice of his ideas - particularly E-Prime (although that appears to confuse most people! ), I feel its regular use would make this forum a much more pleasant place.

RAW's writing changed me completely, starting with his book 'Prometheus Rising'

You can d/load a PDF of it here

I cannot recommend this book highly enough. I read it every year -sometimes twice - (and have done for 18 years!) and I'm STILL finding it teaches me something!

So - either it's a great book with lots to teach on many levels, OR - I'm a bit slow on the old uptake!

YOU decide!
Prometheus rising is brilliant
infinite tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2008, 05:48 PM   #9
krakhead
Premier Subscribers
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dark Side Of The Room
Posts: 11,335
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite tea View Post
Prometheus rising is brilliant
If you'd read it properly, you'd have said, I consider Prometheus Rising to be a brilliant book - rather than attribute it with any degree of IS-ness!

Lol! It IS great though!
__________________
This message brought to you by
Krakhead Inc.
“You simply cannot invent any conspiracy theory so ridiculous and
obviously satirical that some people somewhere don't already believe it.”
Rwy'n dy garu di
krakhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2008, 06:02 PM   #10
krakhead
Premier Subscribers
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dark Side Of The Room
Posts: 11,335
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Default


__________________
This message brought to you by
Krakhead Inc.
“You simply cannot invent any conspiracy theory so ridiculous and
obviously satirical that some people somewhere don't already believe it.”
Rwy'n dy garu di
krakhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2008, 11:11 AM   #11
thirdwave
Premier Subscribers
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London
Posts: 22,597
Likes: 92 (77 Posts)
Default

he was onto the quantum physics thing quite a while ago....
thirdwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2008, 07:53 PM   #12
jp13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,103
Likes: 40 (28 Posts)
Default Thanks for the links

Brilliant Krakhead, thanks for the links to download RAW's stuff, I have the 3 Illuminatus books in paperback, but I like having it in pdf as well, good site that scrbd.
__________________
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation." - Herbert Spencer
jp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2008, 09:14 PM   #13
krakhead
Premier Subscribers
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dark Side Of The Room
Posts: 11,335
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp13 View Post
Brilliant Krakhead, thanks for the links to download RAW's stuff, I have the 3 Illuminatus books in paperback, but I like having it in pdf as well, good site that scrbd.
No worries! Always glad to spread some good RAW vibes around
__________________
This message brought to you by
Krakhead Inc.
“You simply cannot invent any conspiracy theory so ridiculous and
obviously satirical that some people somewhere don't already believe it.”
Rwy'n dy garu di
krakhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2008, 10:08 PM   #14
jos08
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cuckoo nest
Posts: 369
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Someone (krakhead) recommended hid book to me a while ago and I read it twice. I have to say the man is smart and can distinguish between different attitudes and ideas that humans adopt and use as a way of life. The best bit of his book that I liked was about brain washing and how people are brain washed in baptism and in the miltary and everything he presents in his book is simple and understandble to anyone with even very limited knowlege. However, his book prometheus rising is only good to jugle your mind and tell you where to begin and who you shouldn;t just believe anyone. That is the message that I got from the book anyway. Thanks to Klakhead for the recommendation.
jos08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2008, 01:39 AM   #15
aidan cloney
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default robert anton wilson

hey, i guess you guys have read cosmic trigger? that book started me on the path about 12 years ago...
aidan cloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2008, 11:46 AM   #16
infinite tea
Inactive
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,239
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krakhead View Post
If you'd read it properly, you'd have said, I consider Prometheus Rising to be a brilliant book - rather than attribute it with any degree of IS-ness!

Lol! It IS great though!
Lol
infinite tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2008, 07:19 PM   #17
planetsadhana
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,437
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Default

just started reading illuminatus trilogy, first "novel" I have read for a while, but good so far
planetsadhana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2008, 07:30 PM   #18
hagbard_celine
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Oxford
Posts: 4,364
Likes: 4 (4 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetsadhana View Post
just started reading illuminatus trilogy, first "novel" I have read for a while, but good so far
God, you're in for a treat! I consider it easily the best novel I've ever read! Although not everyone shares my tastes. I cried at the end, simply because I didn't want it to end!
__________________
"Lynda, you're sweet. From what I've seen of your world, do you think anybody votes for sweet?"
Doctor Who- Bad Wolf.

"Because he refused to compete in games for domination he was indomitable."
from The Dispossessed by Ursula le Guin
hagbard_celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2008, 07:33 PM   #19
krakhead
Premier Subscribers
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dark Side Of The Room
Posts: 11,335
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Default

How did you get introduced to RAW Haggers? In fact, anyone who's a fan - how did you get introduced to the man and how did it effect you?
__________________
This message brought to you by
Krakhead Inc.
“You simply cannot invent any conspiracy theory so ridiculous and
obviously satirical that some people somewhere don't already believe it.”
Rwy'n dy garu di
krakhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2008, 07:36 PM   #20
hagbard_celine
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Oxford
Posts: 4,364
Likes: 4 (4 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krakhead View Post
How did you get introduced to RAW Haggers? In fact, anyone who's a fan - how did you get introduced to the man and how did it effect you?

I saw Illuminatus! on a bookself and bought it after a friend recomended it. How did it effect me? Whew! I don't know where to start!
__________________
"Lynda, you're sweet. From what I've seen of your world, do you think anybody votes for sweet?"
Doctor Who- Bad Wolf.

"Because he refused to compete in games for domination he was indomitable."
from The Dispossessed by Ursula le Guin
hagbard_celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:29 PM.


Shoutbox provided by vBShout (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.