Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat

View Poll Results: Should we globally legalize hemp and/or marijuana?
Yes, hemp should be globally legalized! 24 39.34%
No, hemp should NOT be globally legalized! 4 6.56%
Hemp and marijuana should be globally legalized! 42 68.85%
I believe Christ should start a global online government! 4 6.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-07-2015, 05:17 PM   #161
supertzar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbcritic View Post
In order for me to be a troll I would need to post inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages. So I'm not a troll.

The reason I added links about Thalidimide was because it was assumed safe and no proper clinical trials were carried out testing it for ''xyz''. After the tragedy and scandal then new laws were brought in to try and stop something from happening like this again. So you can't assume anything.

The LD50 in non-humans can have a wide variability between species as well. What is relatively safe for rats may very well be extremely toxic for humans (paracetamol) and vice versa. Chocolate, comparatively harmless to humans, is known to be toxic to many non-humans. The theobromine found in chocolate is toxic to cats, dogs, horses, parrots, and small rodents because they are unable to metabolise the chemical effectively. It can cause epileptic seizures, heart attacks, internal bleeding, and eventually death. So THC or CBD may be safe in certain non-humans, but it doesn't mean it is in humans. Numerous reports have suggested an association of cannabis smoking with an increased risk of heart attacks too https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17005273 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24176069

''A meta analysis of cannabis and THC clinical trials conducted by the American Academy of Neurology found that of 1619 persons treated with cannabis products (including some treated with smoked cannabis and nabiximols), 6.9% discontinued due to side effects, compared to 2.2% of 1,118 treated with placebo. Detailed information regarding side effects was not available from all trials, but nausea, increased weakness, behavioral or mood changes, suicidal ideation, hallucinations, dizziness, and vasovagal symptoms, fatigue, and feelings of intoxication were each described as side effects in at least 2 trials. There was a single death rated by the investigator as "possibly related" to treatment. This person had a seizure followed by aspiration pneumonia. The paper does not describe whether this was one of the patients from the epilepsy trials'' https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4011465/

At the moment, there evidence that marijuana causes birth defects, although many researchers are quick to warn that there isn't a tremendous amount of data on the subject yet. However things aren't looking good on the reproductive health front, however. Emerging data suggests that chronic marijuana use can reduce fertility in women, and there evidence that THC can effect sperm count and motility.

What about herb-drug interactions that could change serum THC concentrations?. Dronabinol-ritonavir = Coadministered ritonavir may significantly increase serum concentrations of dronabinol, resulting in dronabinol toxicity.

What about herb-disease interactions?. Is it safe in patients with cardiac disease, psychiatric illness and so on?.

What about the effects of eliminating organ dysfunction (i.e., liver and kidney)?. THC active metabolite, (11-hydroxy-delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol) is eliminated via the kidneys. If somebody with kidney disease uses, how does that change their serum THC concentrations? Does the active metabolite build up to toxic concentrations?. What about those with cancer?.
Cannabinoids have been used for thousands of years. They are also some of the most popular psychoactive substances in the world and there are exactly zero deaths attributable to them. To frame them as untested is exactly the opposite of the truth. Comparing cannabinoids to thalidomide is the height of absurdity. If you actually believe it then maybe it's not trolldom, it's absurdism.

Last edited by supertzar; 03-07-2015 at 05:32 PM.
supertzar is offline   Reply With Quote