Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Electronic Harassment / Mind Control / Subliminal Programing

Old 14-08-2012, 05:24 AM   #1
michaelsherlock
Banned

Default NLP: The 'Yes-Set' - Three Times the Charm

NLP researchers have brought to light many communication techniques that talented and persuasive speakers employ to gain the minds of their audiences. This post seeks to expose one of these techniques. The 'Yes-Set.'

President of the American Board of Hypnotherapy, Dick Sutphen, describes and demonstrates the 'Yes-Set' in his article called, ‘The Battle for your Mind’:

Assume for a moment that you are watching a politician give a speech. First, he might generate what is called a "YES SET." These are statements that will cause listeners to agree; they might even unknowingly nod their heads in agreement. Next come the TRUISMS. These are usually facts that could be debated but, once the politician has his audience agreeing, the odds are in the politician's favor that the audience won't stop to think for themselves, thus continuing to agree. Last comes the SUGGESTION. This is what the politician wants you to do and, since you have been agreeing all along, you could be persuaded to accept the suggestion. Now, if you'll listen closely to my political speech, you'll find that the first three are the "yes set," the next three are truisms and the last is the suggestion.
"Ladies and gentlemen: are you angry about high food prices? Are you tired of astronomical gas prices? Are you sick of out-of-control inflation? Well, you know the Other Party allowed 18 percent inflation last year; you know crime has increased 50 percent nationwide in the last 12 months, and you know your paycheck hardly covers your expenses any more. Well, the answer to resolving these problems is to elect me, John Jones, to the U.S. Senate." (1)

This technique is not only frequently employed by political speakers but also by preachers and other religious sermonizers.

This is just one of the various techniques, which I uncover in the third volume of 'I Am Christ.'

What is your take on this?

Reference

Dick Sutphen. The Battle for Your Mind: http://www.dicksutphen.com/html/battlemind.html
michaelsherlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2012, 05:24 PM   #2
angelthecat

I am very surprised at the low number of responses in this thread, it is beyond doubt the most important issue of our times, and it's realisation would halt the abuse it uncovers, as it is the basis for the entire control mechanism

Good post Michael

Government of this Church to continue without any Alteration to the People of this Land in all succeeding Generations [this was the creation of the UK Government 1706 act of union]
angelthecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2012, 09:40 PM   #3
censoredmk

Yes good post.

I am astounded at the lack of care people have towards the use of NLP in OFFICIAL GOVERNMENT SPEECHES, PSAs, inaugurations, incredible in movies and advertising-everything.

If you get someone to use a language, a languag they "think" in...then you control all boundaries of their thought and exposure to an expertly arranged languag pattern can trigger AN AWFUL LOT of hooey!
censoredmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2012, 10:02 PM   #4
baddoggy
Inactive

NLP started out as a good therapeutic tool, 'Frogs into Princes' by Bandler and Grinder is a good read about how it all started. But any decent tool can also be used as a weapon. Obama is quite sophisticated in his use of NLP and other hypnotic techniques, he's not the only one, so people need educating on these matters so they can recognize when it's being used against them.

What I've noticed about Obama when he speaks are his head movements, (|:left middle right middle:|)repeat, seems innocent on the surface but it's the timing of these movements that create a hypnotic effect.

I guess the proof of the pudding is in the eating, but you can't un-elect a President as soon as you've voted him in(if only you could). Maybe if the promises made in speeches were on a contract so that the Presidency would have to be given up if too many promises were boken?
baddoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2012, 09:34 PM   #5
blister

I also think this is an important post. I 'd like to learn more about recognising the techniques quickly and blocking them. Maybe that happens anyway if you recognise the signals for what they are?
blister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2012, 09:50 PM   #6
angelthecat

Quote:
Originally Posted by blister View Post
I also think this is an important post. I 'd like to learn more about recognising the techniques quickly and blocking them. Maybe that happens anyway if you recognise the signals for what they are?
you can not be hypnotised knowingly if you are unwilling, but this is about the unknowing hypnosis and is covert, the signs are all laid out in the article, but there are others, as used by news broadcasts, they start with shock [headlines] then the story [induction] and then the command [wanted outcome]

there is a post on [covert] hypnosis, but I dont want to spam, [free book ]

Government of this Church to continue without any Alteration to the People of this Land in all succeeding Generations [this was the creation of the UK Government 1706 act of union]
Old 25-08-2012, 11:39 PM   #7
blister

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelthecat View Post

Is it still spam if I have shown interest in learning more about the matter? Maybe you could pm me then although I would say if the link is germane to the discussion then ... why would it be spam.
blister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2012, 02:12 PM   #8
angelthecat

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelsherlock View Post
NLP researchers have brought to light many communication techniques that talented and persuasive speakers employ to gain the minds of their audiences. This post seeks to expose one of these techniques. The 'Yes-Set.'

President of the American Board of Hypnotherapy, Dick Sutphen, describes and demonstrates the 'Yes-Set' in his article called, ‘The Battle for your Mind’:

Assume for a moment that you are watching a politician give a speech. First, he might generate what is called a "YES SET." These are statements that will cause listeners to agree; they might even unknowingly nod their heads in agreement. Next come the TRUISMS. These are usually facts that could be debated but, once the politician has his audience agreeing, the odds are in the politician's favor that the audience won't stop to think for themselves, thus continuing to agree. Last comes the SUGGESTION. This is what the politician wants you to do and, since you have been agreeing all along, you could be persuaded to accept the suggestion. Now, if you'll listen closely to my political speech, you'll find that the first three are the "yes set," the next three are truisms and the last is the suggestion.
"Ladies and gentlemen: are you angry about high food prices? Are you tired of astronomical gas prices? Are you sick of out-of-control inflation? Well, you know the Other Party allowed 18 percent inflation last year; you know crime has increased 50 percent nationwide in the last 12 months, and you know your paycheck hardly covers your expenses any more. Well, the answer to resolving these problems is to elect me, John Jones, to the U.S. Senate." (1)

This technique is not only frequently employed by political speakers but also by preachers and other religious sermonizers.

This is just one of the various techniques, which I uncover in the third volume of 'I Am Christ.'

What is your take on this?

Reference

Dick Sutphen. The Battle for Your Mind: http://www.dicksutphen.com/html/battlemind.html
new link. they have moved the original!!
http://www.the7thfire.com/new_world_..._your_mind.htm

Old 17-09-2012, 01:17 PM   #9
ofgilead
Inactive

anglethecat. i knew you'd be in this thread.
ofgilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:08 AM   #10
lorenzo bernini

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelthecat View Post
you can not be hypnotised knowingly if you are unwilling, but this is about the unknowing hypnosis and is covert, the signs are all laid out in the article, but there are others, as used by news broadcasts, they start with shock [headlines] then the story [induction] and then the command [wanted outcome]

What you're describing is mostly NHR; not NLP..

NLP/NHR are benign language tools that can be perverted by those determined & malignant personalities (e.g Hillary Clinton) that are able to find a corrupt practitioner to instruct them. Clinton is the master, look out for her dominating handshake interrupts when she meets heads of state!
lorenzo bernini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:20 AM   #11
marky78

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzo bernini View Post
What you're describing is mostly NHR; not NLP..

NLP/NHR are benign language tools that can be perverted by those determined & malignant personalities (e.g Hillary Clinton) that are able to find a corrupt practitioner to instruct them. Clinton is the master, look out for her dominating handshake interrupts when she meets heads of state!
Derren lol

It is a very interesting topic, does anyone have any links on more about different techniques and methods used?
marky78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:23 AM   #12
lorenzo bernini

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddoggy View Post
What I've noticed about Obama when he speaks are his head movements, (|:left middle right middle:|)repeat, seems innocent on the surface but it's the timing of these movements that create a hypnotic effect.
You're describing pacing.. one of the cornerstones of language magic. It could just as easily have been a finger tapping. Other essential tools include tonality and rapport. All difficult skills to practice smoothly together..

At a recent meeting we had with a government minister & the permanent secretary the mandarin tried to pace the flow & get everybody breathing at the same rate, but I wouldn't let him.. I kept tapping my finger in between his pace like a DJ who can't mix! Disrupted their little game somewhat

Last edited by lorenzo bernini; 11-12-2012 at 08:29 AM.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:37 AM   #13
lorenzo bernini

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky78 View Post
Derren lol

It is a very interesting topic, does anyone have any links on more about different techniques and methods used?
I am happy to recommend this book now. It's your choice if you buy it. Your choice if you like it. Basically.. it's your choice fella
Old 11-12-2012, 12:36 PM   #14
karenthecat
Banned

Default NLP Hypnosis

I have been studying NLP for some time now and am also taking Hypnosis Prac in the new year. Since I have been studying these things I have noticed how politicians and, the media use all of these techniques. BE AWARE, GET OFF YOUR KNEE'S
karenthecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:51 PM   #15
karenthecat
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzo bernini View Post
I am happy to recommend this book now. It's your choice if you buy it. Your choice if you like it. Basically.. it's your choice fella
Richard Bandler is awesome
karenthecat is offline   Reply With Quote