Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Electronic Harassment / Mind Control / Subliminal Programing

Old 03-11-2012, 11:14 AM   #141
neonlinux
Inactive

The violence in horror movies is beyond sick now days. I am 29 and I wonder what it will be like 20 years down the road.
I think the first real gore movie I watched was Hostel. That movie has stayed with me ever since, it was so real and was based to an extent on true events. I am sure there are murder clubs in the world. The gore was sick.I can not watch stuff like that.
I enjoy older horror movies like the usual Friday 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street etc. They were good but not extreme like now days.
I own a few extreme horror movies in my collection. Cannibal Holocaust, A Serbian Film ( which I can not watch at all , beyond sick ) and a few others that were banned.
I actually avoid watching these types of movies and just focus on comedies and such. To much negative and evil in the world to sit and watch more for fun.
neonlinux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:36 PM   #142
sueperb
Inactive

Funny Games 2007 version.
I saw it on T.V without knowing what it was about and found it creepy/dark and disturbing in a psychological way.
I would rate it 8.5/10 and recomend that if you want to see it you do so without reading any reviews or trailers.
If youre looking for scary monsters/slash em up/naked American teens go camping after prom night sex type film then its not for you.
If you want a film that may freak you out mentaly then you may enjoy it but as above watch it without any knowledge about the plot/story line.

Trailer here if you must.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec-70W_K77U
sueperb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:37 PM   #143
froboi

Arrow Horror movies and society/ A few of my faves.

I have been a movie buff for years and horror, one of my fave genres. I don't think theres anything better than snuggling up with a loved one in the dark and being scared silly!!

People watch horror movies for the thrill, the rush of adrenaline and to spur on the protagonist. The horror genre is probably the most sub divided of all genres. Slashers, Zombies, Supernatural, Gore, apocalyptic, the list goes on.

We all know that hollywood place subliminal and conditioning messages in most of their movies, horror is no acception to this rule. I think we all need to take a back step a little though and stop looking too much into symbolism/messages in movies. It's like anything, if you think about something too much and look for it you will find it.

Movies are purely for entertainment purposes no matter which genre. I have watched horror for years, I still do. I have no psychological issues, do not want to go out and kill animals, adults or kids. In fact I am probably one of the least violent people you will ever meet.

IMHO kids shouldn't be watching horror movies at such an impressionable age and I do not agree with the USA rating system. In the UK we have 12,15 and 18 rated movies and you have to be of age to gain admittance to the cinema. Non of this NC-17 nonsense when you can be accompanied by an adult. We are also given subject or content warnings where you can make an informed decision whether to watch the movie or not. If it contains subject matter that will offend then DON'T BLOODY WATCH IT!! Common sense really.

When horror movies were shown on TV in the UK they were heavily censored in the 80's and 90's just in-case minors stumbled across them when they shouldn't etc. I for the above reasons used to love watching horror as a kid. If I was told I couldn't do something, i wanted to do it even more (human nature I suppose?)

I do agree with some posters on here, horror is getting very in your face over the last few years. What used to by 18 rated is now 15 rated etc, we ARE becoming de-sensitised to what we see on screen so it is only natural the film makers will need to push the boundries for shock value.

I am more into supernatural and psychological horror that leaves a lot to the imagination. Scariest films I have seen??

The Exorcist, Amytiville 1&2, The Descent, The Haunting (1950s version) NOES original, Halloween (70's), The Thing (1984) The Evil Dead (1983) The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) Sinister (2012) Switchblade Romance aka Haute Tension (2008) Inside aka L'Interieur (2009) Silence of the Lambs (1996)
froboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:11 AM   #144
chedder

chedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:54 AM   #145
insideimscreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by froboi View Post
I am more into supernatural and psychological horror that leaves a lot to the imagination.
Yes, I much prefer the supernatural films, really dislike zombie/slasher type films. I remember watching The Exorcist back in the day and was scared senseless . Now, it's not so bad...not sure that's a good thing . I do like watching the Paranormal Witness series and find it very scary . The other day it was about this box called a Dybbuk which was possessed by an evil spirit and the guy who owned it put it on eBay (he gave all the details about it being possessed) and these students bought it . In the end the original owner had to take it back and put it where no-one knows...

Last edited by insideimscreaming; 05-01-2013 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Spelling :(.
insideimscreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:09 PM   #146
froboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by insideimscreaming View Post
Yes, I much prefer the supernatural films, really dislike zombie/slasher type films. I remember watching The Exorcist back in the day and was scared senseless . Now, it's not so bad...not sure that's a good thing . I do like watching the Paranormal Witness series and find it very scary . The other day it was about this box called a Dybbuk which was possessed by an evil spirit and the guy who owned it put it on eBay (he gave all the details about it being possessed) and these students bought it . In the end the original owner had to take it back and put it where no-one knows...
They have made a Hollywood movie from this story called "The Possession" watched it the other night and was ok.
froboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:54 PM   #147
kingldub

i was a huge fan of Horror movies up until a few movies. I still watch the occasional classic and some of the giallos from the 1970's etc but i feel a lot of modern Horror is just trying too hard to be extreme and completely missing the point.
I also cannot stand the horrible, sickly green that all the modern Horror movies seem to be shot in.
kingldub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:17 AM   #148
multiverse

Default Life of Pi: a horror film in "disguise"

Under the pretext of a supposed "spiritual journey," the Life of Pi is really just a horror film in disguise. You have to endure a sickening view of life, doubled with the subtle, sadistic, cynical, "humoristic" tone of many digital cartoons. All this is packaged within stunning imagery ... its just a trap. In the end, when the "second story" (which seems to be the "real" story) is told, you wonder if the whole film isn't just a metaphor of "justified" murder and cannibalism.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:35 AM   #149
insideimscreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by froboi View Post
They have made a Hollywood movie from this story called "The Possession" watched it the other night and was ok.
Thanks froboi, I'll put that on my 'wish list' , looks scary . Another film I have is The Entity which is really scary ! I think it's the sound effects which really add to it and I can't actually have the sound on at some points - .

EDIT:It's already on my wish list .

Last edited by insideimscreaming; 09-01-2013 at 12:17 PM.
insideimscreaming is offline   Reply With Quote