Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Astrology / Tarot / Numerology

Old 04-08-2018, 03:11 PM   #21
jamesmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by the nine View Post
How does it work?

Did the stars tell you I would ask that first?
Astrology works as a measurement of TIME - just like a clock.

You look at the planets where they were when you were born, in order to tell you what personality, what job or even what partner it is time to have in this life.

Where the planets are now in the sky, in relation to where they were at your birth, gives you the 'luck' you have in all area's of life - both good or bad.

I've heard people talk about 'energy'. I'm not a science person at all, so maybe someone else can expand upon this 'energy' explanation if anyone has dealt with it.

No, the stars did not tell me that you would ask first, but I got messages off spirit guides saying a fool would ask the first question.

When a pro astrologer gives you a reading, in person, they would need spirit guides to give psychic guesses based on many options. Let me explain:

Imagine all the words in the world divided into 12 'area's' of life. These areas of life are called houses. A planet will represent one of these houses, so that when the planets meet - whether where they were when you were born, or where they are now in the sky related to their position at birth - you know that an area of life will be represented. If, for example, we say the planets are indicating something with the 6th house, then 6th house things would be represented, such as work, health or daily routines (like going for the paper before work, having a shower or going shopping straight after work).

The thing is, any one twelfth of the world's words could be represented just from that mini reading alone. This is where the (psychic part of the) astrologer guesses by spirit guides comes into play. They could help narrow down the options to something that is 'trending' in that persons life. As the planets are indicating that area of life, all of the one twelfth's of the world's words could happen, or maybe just one or two.

If you asked an astrologer a specific question about work, then an astrologer would know that work is concerned with the 6th house and will then know where to look to answer the specific question that you have.

Put in simple terms, it can be difficult doing a reading by looking at an area of life as, while the options are narrowed down to one twelfth of the world's words, the astrologer will have no indication of which of the houses words will be in play.
jamesmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 03:17 PM   #22
jamesmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by better21 View Post
What is the brightest star?
My parents bought me an astronomy book many years ago. I still haven't told them that I'm an astrologer, not an astronomer. Should I tell them?

I haven't read that astronomy book yet as I'm useless at science, though do plan to study (after my degree) a masters in cultural astronomy and astrology by distance-learning, so will be studying astronomy in the coming years.

Maybe then I will have an answer for you if you don't mind waiting, or Googling yourself.

If you're religious (guessing DI fans will not be) then look up a documentary on YouTube called 'The Star Of Bethlehem', in which a professor who professes about something explains the astronomical figuration which occurred at the birth of Jesus - which coincided with the prophecy (from the Bible, I think). It's only an hour long, and the conclusion was that the prophecy was fulfilled.
Old 04-08-2018, 03:19 PM   #23
jamesmarsh

Quote:
Is that not astronomy?
Astronomy/astrology: Just a change a few letters, but, technically, we both look at planets.

Astrologers were here before astronomers.
Old 04-08-2018, 03:21 PM   #24
tinfoil hat

Is western astrology better/worse than eastern astrology?

Last edited by tinfoil hat; 04-08-2018 at 03:21 PM.
tinfoil hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 03:35 PM   #25
jamesmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinfoil hat View Post
Why is there a Centaur?

Doesn't exist.
I think you may be referring to the fairly newly discovered CHIRON - which is a something. My astronomy and memory is lax, though have heard it called a 'planet'. Others say that it's comet.

With the discovery of Chiron, some astrologers have attributed traits to it and have added it into some interpretations. There's an astrology group (yes, they sell many products for a price) called 'The Magi Society', which includes the (very slow moving round the zodiac) orbit of Chiron in it's computer printouts.

They have some good solid ideas in terms of declinations, which provide a 3D model of looking at the cosmos to add in something extra by the real orbit of a planet to give locality features by noting where a planet is/was in relation to a place down here.

The thing is, that there's plenty of astrologers who use Chiron in interpretation, while others don't. I don't.

Back in the day, there were so many planets available to the naked eye: Sun, Moon, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn. Astrologers (Nostradamus was one) gave interpretations of a person's astrology based on these planet positions. Later, 3 'outer' planets were discovered - Uranus, Neptune and Pluto. Them astrologers who provided readings based on the original planets available to the naked eye, were all in a tizzy as they possibly had more to interpret. Sadly, for them, this also caused a problem.

The problem was that if they added these planets into an interpretation, the results would be much different to the original interpretation. So what did these astrologers of old do? They reject the notion of more planets, and stuck with what they new. If they accepted the finding of the new planets, then maybe they might have had to admit that their original interpretations were somewhat inaccurate, and wrong advice given. These we call TRADITIONAL astrologers. I like to think that they are ignorant and have their heads in the sands.

In reality, some other 'objects' have been discovered in recent times, which may cause some people to attribute traits to that planet and include within a personal reading. So, modern astrologers could well have our heads in the sands. I don't think we do, though.

There are 12 signs and 12 houses. The houses are merely a permanent I print of the signs; and while the houses don't move, the sign on a certain house can change. Each sign has a planet related to it. But, there's only 10 planets (as mentioned above). In order to make astrology a bit more palatable for the human brain, modern astrologers attributed 2 signs each to 2 planets: VENUS has rulership of Taurus and Libra, while MERCURY has rulership of Gemini and Virgo.

I have extensively worked with lots of planets related to different signs, looking at various area's of life (houses) in order to see IF astrology works and how to prove it and also how to predict the sports results using it. I'm pretty sure that the 10 planets mentioned ARE the ones that we use, and that the model of astrology is 100% complete in terms of what we use as a basis of technically practicing this fascinating subject. I could be wrong, though...

Last edited by jamesmarsh; 04-08-2018 at 03:42 PM.
Old 04-08-2018, 04:27 PM   #26
jamesmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by elshaper View Post
What's your ascendant and moon sign James?
Elshaper, My Ascendant (or rising sign) is Aquarius. My Moon sign is Aries.

I work on a house point of view where a house indicates an area of life or 'being' of a person. An example is that 3rd house (natural home of Gemini) = communication and intelligence. Any old other astrologer would say that Mercury = communication.

To do astrology the same way as me, you look at the signs as 'behaviour'. So, whatever sign is rising (or on the ascendant/1st house) will tell you the type of behaviour (sign on...) of that area of life (...house). So, with me having the sign of AQUARIUS on the 1ST HOUSE, my type of behaviour (sign) will be Aquarian in manner, in terms of personality (house).

Except, I say that there's 2 modes of behaviour. How you react or socially do an area of life and how you REALLY do that area of life - maybe liken to what family and friend know about you. To find out these two, you do the following: SIGN on an area of life (house) for how you react or socially do something, then look at the planet which represents that area of life (house) to see what SIGN that planet is in.

I have Aquarius on the first house. My personality (1st house) is Aquarian (sign on the outside of a house) in terms of how I react or do things socially. The planet related to the 1st house (in this example with Aquarius on the 1st house) is Uranus - as Uranus is always associated with Aquarius - so you look to which sign Uranus is in my chart and see that Uranus is in Scorpio. Therefore, I react and socially do my personality in an AQUARIAN way (Aquarius on 1st house of personality), yet am really like a SCORPIO (1st house related planet (ruler) in a sign).

It works the same with each area of life.

I have ARIES on the 3rd house - which means that I do 3rd house things (communication, intelligence) in a Arian way (initially and socially), yet the planet Mars (which relates to the 3rd house, as Aries is on there) is in the sign of SCORPIO, so really do 3rd house things in a SCORPIO way, despite seeming to do things in an Arian way.

Hope that I've explained things ok. Ask if you need any clarification.
Old 04-08-2018, 04:47 PM   #27
jamesmarsh

Quote:
What is your star sign?
My SUN SIGN is Libra.

Using what I have said to Elshaper above, here is what I can tell you about what your sun sign shows, using my way.

I have a few planets in Libra and some in Scorpio, Virgo and also Sagittarius.

As Mercury and Venus are never really more than 2 signs apart from the Sun in the sky, you'll have these 2 planets showing similar traits as your Sun sign as 1 sign either side of a sign shows similar traits of that sign in between.

In addition, as MERCURY and VENUS are associated with 2 signs each, and as well as the Sun itself, you here have, in 3 planets - which are never far away from each other - a total of 5 signs (MERCURY AND VENUS having 2 each) represented.

Point?

You'll have many traits of your sun signs and the signs close to your sun sign, but your sun sign mostly, doesn't tell you anything about your personality that many astrologers say that it does. Astrologers look at ascendant (or rising sign) for social personality and sun sign for real personality. I say that your sun sign shows NOTHING about your personality. In order to look at your personality, you look at the SIGN on the 1st house, and then the 1st house ruler in a SIGN to show your real personality - which is like what many astrologers describe as the Sun.

In terms of why you may 'act out' in a way similar to your sun sign, you'll find you have the house ruler in a SIGN (how you REALLY do an area of life), and the chances of being one of them 5 mentioned above, is quite high.

The only time where your REAL personality is that of your Sun sign is when you have LEO RISING (or Ascendant- same thing, different descriptive words) as your personality related sign will always be the SUN as the sign of Leo will always have the Sun related to it.

It's hard to get your head around, very easy once you get it though much easier to teach in person.

Hope this answers why it's useful to ask a person's Sun sign, while hopefully burying the myth that your sun sign is all about personality.

Last edited by jamesmarsh; 04-08-2018 at 04:48 PM.
Old 04-08-2018, 05:30 PM   #28
tinfoil hat

I asked by the way cos I'm a Bull in the west and a Dragon in the east.

Thanks for the interesting reply to my flippant question too.
tinfoil hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 05:43 PM   #29
the nine

Is astrology more accurate now they use the Gregorian calendar of 12 signs rather than the original lunar calendar of 13 signs which had the reptilian?
"Masonry, like all the Religions, all the Mysteries, Hermeticism and Alchemy, conceals its secrets from all except the Adepts and Sages, or the Elect, and uses false explanations and misinterpretations of its symbols to mislead those who deserve only to be misled;
The truth must be kept secret, and the masses need a teaching proportioned to their imperfect reason… - Albert Pike Sharpen & Use your reasoning daily - the nine
the nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 09:41 PM   #30
pri01

I need to find out what time I was born on the date I was born, in order to get an accurate astrological chart reading. I've contacted NHS.

Just looking at history of Prague, they have an astralogical clock in that city. Beautiful historical timepiece. I'm going there in October, can't wait.
pri01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 07:21 PM   #31
jamesmarsh

I'll get to your answers this weekend fellas. Apologies about the delay.
Old 11-08-2018, 01:00 AM   #32
oz93666

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesmarsh View Post
I'll get to your answers this weekend fellas. Apologies about the delay.
I look forward to that james ...

So far you've only responded to the joke, one liner questions , when will you address the points I raised ???
oz93666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2018, 09:42 PM   #33
jamesmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz93666 View Post
I look forward to that james ...

So far you've only responded to the joke, one liner questions , when will you address the points I raised ???
Apologies, again!

I've been busy with a house move, other creative avenues and such like. I really will see about completing more this weekend - despite moving furniture.

I've responded to the first posts in order.
Old 16-08-2018, 09:57 PM   #34
jamesmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz93666 View Post
Hallo James ....I did study astrology extensively when a young lad ... it does appear to work, to very limited extent , depending on the enthusiasm of the practitioner ...

If you fervently believe in a system it will tend to express itself in your life experience , you will attract people who conform to your belief setup (aries people you meet will be assertive, etc) ...

But I concluded there was no absolute truth in astrology , if there were there would be greater agreement amongst astrologers ...In western astrology we have two different groups.... some use the equal house system, others use the placedien house system , they give different results , but each group swears theirs is the best ....

Western astrology bears absolutely no relation to indian astrology , a totally different system ....

Or Mayan astrology , in the Mayan system venus is regarded as a WAR GOD how can this be??? in western astrology venus is peace harmony and love!!!

If there was any truth in it , all cultures would agree ...

It's a Belief System ... and your personal world will conform to the beliefs you hold ....

If you believe the world is dangerous you will attract muggers more than the average...

If you believe you deserve wealth you will tend to draw it to you..

And if you believe people with taurus on the ascendant are heavily built , then the universe will deliver those type of people into your reality .
I read that astrology will manifest in your life as if it didn't work yet if you applied it, you'd have believed it would work. I find this to be the reasoning behind people who practiced a version of astrology that didn't actually work, but they got something out of it - very much like the FORER effect which states that you believe whatever was put in front of you - like an astrology reading that was personalised just for you - despite everyone in the room having the same reading.

Using psychology, we attract what our parents are like. The amount of EXACT combinations of my Fathers astrology (Gemini rising with Mercury in Pisces) that my family have encountered is quite shocking, really. So, I can accept that these influences can manifest in anyone's life. And true: The law of attraction can operate, without astrology, in anyone's life, and even mine: To make ME think that the version of astrology that I'm practicing, works.

I imagined that, should I do a talk on astrology, some could use examples to show that my methods don't work, while I could show many examples that it does work. I could find a thousand examples where it does or doesn't work. The key to knowing whether it does or doesn't, is to find a way to show that it does or doesn't. I go by rectification: Working out the birth time (or rather, which one of twelve signs are on the horizon at birth) of a person, thing or object, and do it consistently over a long period of time.

The house argument makes a difference, though, the two groups are divided between modern and traditional astrologers - not by house system used. It's true that there's no actual truth in the astrology community today.

I don't use Chinese astrology - and am ignorant of it - but Indian astrology relies on the sidereal zodiac, which uses the positions of the planets in their signs in the skies - which has a different timing - as opposed to using the movement of planets around the ecliptic, like western astrologers do. You just need a way of testing astrology to be able to assess, informally, that each different works or doesn't.

As far as western astrology goes, I have VENUS as ruler of war too. It's the sign of the fighter
Old 16-08-2018, 09:59 PM   #35
jamesmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by better21 View Post
How does the universe work?
As a physicist or astronomer.

I can only answer that it works in a beautiful way in terms of timing.
Old 03-09-2018, 02:43 PM   #36
jamesmarsh

I'll get back to you guys in the next week. Any more questions are welcome.

Oz93666: What is your question?