Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News > Politics / Elections

Old 31-05-2014, 12:56 PM   #61
zephiloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by getagrip View Post
You are joking, right ?

People who say that there is nothing wrong with these dolls are either kidding themselves or are just choosing to ignore the undeniable racist connotations that are associated with them. And I don't even see it as being a 'pc' matter.
They are just an outdated doll that belongs in the past due to the fact of what they have come to represent. I'm not saying they should all be piled up & burnt in a mass fire as I know some people love them & see them just as a collectable doll, However, the negative aspects far outweigh the positive ones,imo. If that makes any sense ?
What is racist about them? They make dolls of all sorts of people and exaggerate their features, and no-one complains. Just because they are black you have to make a big issue out of it. Racism is hatred, a golliwog is nothing to do with hatred. Liberal Margaret Sangar was a racist she wanted to wipe out black people with Planned Parenthood. A golliwog is about love not hate. Here is a Jimi Hendrix doll, is it racist?

zephiloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2014, 01:02 PM   #62
getagrip
Inactive

Quote:
A golliwog is about love not hate.
That made me smile

The point i'm trying to make is that the dolls have/are being used by certain people to get a certain message across. Surly you can see this ? And if that's not true, then why is there a debate about it ?
getagrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2014, 01:38 PM   #63
strummer101
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephiloyd View Post
What is racist about them? They make dolls of all sorts of people and exaggerate their features, and no-one complains. Just because they are black you have to make a big issue out of it. Racism is hatred, a golliwog is nothing to do with hatred. Liberal Margaret Sangar was a racist she wanted to wipe out black people with Planned Parenthood. A golliwog is about love not hate. Here is a Jimi Hendrix doll, is it racist?

If it needs spelling out;

http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...wback-tory-mps

I think you either 'get it' or you don't, in which case maybe you also still can't believe we lost India.....

It's a mindset, it's the 70's Alf Garnett and Jim Davidson 'Chalky' and all that, and Bernard Manning. The Black & White Minstrels, look them up!
strummer101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2014, 02:37 PM   #64
john white

OMG!

Racist underground network exposed!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_tr...at=0&_from=R40

https://www.facebook.com/john.white.50596013
john white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2014, 02:43 PM   #65
gremlin

Quote:
You are joking, right ?

People who say that there is nothing wrong with these dolls are either kidding themselves or are just choosing to ignore the undeniable racist connotations that are associated with them. And I don't even see it as being a 'pc' matter.
They are just an outdated doll that belongs in the past due to the fact of what they have come to represent. I'm not saying they should all be piled up & burnt in a mass fire as I know some people love them & see them just as a collectable doll, However, the negative aspects far outweigh the positive ones,imo. If that makes any sense ?
I hope I never have to work down a coal mine, I might come back covered in coal dust which of course makes me completely undeniably RACIST!

In that case, I shall say black people are racist as when they were picking cotton in the field they were always picking on the white cotton. how racist is that!!

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he doesn't exist." we live in satan world.
gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2014, 02:49 PM   #66
gremlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by john white View Post
OMG!

Racist underground network exposed!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_tr...at=0&_from=R40

Good find, quick inform the liberals.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he doesn't exist." we live in satan world.
Old 31-05-2014, 02:57 PM   #67
getagrip
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by gremlin View Post
I hope I never have to work down a coal mine, I might come back covered in coal dust which of course makes me completely undeniably RACIST!

In that case, I shall say black people are racist as when they were picking cotton in the field they were always picking on the white cotton. how racist is that!!
Yes, a well thought out & balanced argument as always, Grem.
Old 31-05-2014, 03:03 PM   #68
john white

Quote:

Good find, quick inform the liberals.
Well here we are on the last day in May... the EU politics section of the DI forum

Are we networking making contacts and positive plans to put the spanner in the works of the globalists EU totalitarian state?

No, we are discussing our symbolic prejudice against symbolic prejudice over a picture of some people with a childs toy, quite lawfully bought and sold by that secret network of racists operating through EBAY

Or making a joke about jimmy saville burning in hell, which 99.2% of brits would generally think well deserved

Or flipping the bird to some green activists who had just spent their time ranting about nazi's

All one big distraction, distraction based on fear: the fear is real and must be overcome because there's no "they" going to rescue us from the NWO: only US: and that is a terrifying prospect to face

But we must face it

And overcome it, and ACT

And be grown up enough to find common ground even if we don't agree or share all that person's views: as long as that co-operation is lawful and non-violent

The EU is certainly pushing full steam ahead, arch federalist Juncker looks set to take over from Von Rumpoy

https://www.facebook.com/john.white.50596013

Last edited by Getagrip; 31-05-2014 at 03:07 PM. Reason: No need
john white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2014, 03:11 PM   #69
son_of_parrot
Banned

The last few houses I have been in who were black families had these "gollywog" dolls around the house.

Someone better tell them they're "racist".
son_of_parrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2014, 03:16 PM   #70
gremlin

Quote:
Yes, a well thought out & balanced argument as always, Grem.

It is now official white people are racist for having white skin. You want balance?

Last edited by gremlin; 31-05-2014 at 03:20 PM.
Old 31-05-2014, 03:17 PM   #71
getagrip
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by son_of_parrot View Post
The last few houses I have been in who were black families had these "gollywog" dolls around the house.

No, the dolls are used by 'certain people' to express their views on racial issues. Too many being pedantic on this thread. (imo)
Old 31-05-2014, 03:18 PM   #72
the apprentice
Inactive

Quote:
Balance?> I think the balance has been way lost.

Is that by design or by choice.
the apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2014, 03:21 PM   #73
gremlin

Quote:

Old 31-05-2014, 03:22 PM   #74
gremlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by super glue View Post
Is that by design or by choice.
By manipulation.

If people choose to have an opposite opinion then forcing them into changing that opinion is going to make it worse.

Last edited by gremlin; 31-05-2014 at 03:32 PM.
Old 31-05-2014, 03:32 PM   #75
son_of_parrot
Banned

Quote:
No, the dolls are used by 'certain people' to express their views on racial issues. Too many being pedantic on this thread. (imo)
If thats the case then these "certain people" should be dealt with accordingly but owning or collecting the gollywog shouldn't be deemed "racist" by default.

Last edited by son_of_parrot; 31-05-2014 at 03:32 PM.
son_of_parrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2014, 03:35 PM   #76
getagrip
Inactive

Quote:
If thats the case then these "certain people" should be dealt with accordingly but owning or collecting the gollywog shouldn't be deemed "racist" by default.
I agree & if you have a look back through my posts on here you will see I already said that.
Old 31-05-2014, 03:45 PM   #77
the apprentice
Inactive

Quote:
By manipulation.

If people choose to have an opposite opinion then forcing them into changing that opinion is going to make it worse.
We are not quite there yet, and in a country leading the cause, we are unlikely to be driven down that route, stability is needed in a place which is creating the problems.
the apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2014, 07:26 PM   #78
fairyprincess

Can I just bring up a fact, one that might trun this discussion on it's head.

The gollywog was a proper fictional character, one from a childrens storybook. When compared to the other black fiction characters of his Time, like uncle Tom for instance, he was a somewhat positive stereotype.

He was a positive black stereotype. He had his own hot-air balloon, and had adventures with a couple of wooden dutch girls.
"if you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you." (Jesus Christ, gospel of thomas.)

Love is natural, Hate is taught....
fairyprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:22 AM   #79
bikerdruid
Banned

Location: north peace bioregion of north america's great boreal forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairyprincess View Post
Can I just bring up a fact, one that might trun this discussion on it's head.

The gollywog was a proper fictional character, one from a childrens storybook. When compared to the other black fiction characters of his Time, like uncle Tom for instance, he was a somewhat positive stereotype.

He was a positive black stereotype. He had his own hot-air balloon, and had adventures with a couple of wooden dutch girls.
bikerdruid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:31 AM   #80
jp13

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephiloyd View Post
What is wrong with golliwogs? They are a celebration of black people in a doll, Why is that bad? People made them and loved them, if they were against black people they wouldn't bother, or they would make them look ugly and horrid.
They are not a celebration of black people in a doll, but a little slave doll for the child to play with, the word wog on the end of golly says it all really, similar to the Black and White Minstrel Show which was seen as the 'norm' in it's time as well. Total racist bullshit, Uncle Tomfoolery in charge of the propaganda as usual

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation." - Herbert Spencer
jp13 is offline   Reply With Quote