Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Lawful Rebellion / Non Compliance / Sovereignty

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2011, 05:11 PM   #1
rob menard
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,863
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default Why I must be right and you must be wrong.

I am curious as to why some people feel the need, a pathological drive if you will, to either discredit the freeman movement or people within it.

They take great pleasure in thinking someone else is wrong, or has 'fucked up', but rarely do they wish to examine WHY it is so very important to them that they be right and someone else is seen as wrong. They are often apparently desperate

Bearing in mind such actions are very useful for stopping proper adult discussion, and is often employed by trolls for that very purpose, I am still curious as to the mindset that must be necessary in order to even try and prove someone is 'wrong' on a forum such as this.

Why do some people seem so desperate to prove someone with whom they do not agree as 'wrong'? Do they invest so much in their paradigm that they are frightened of how a new perspective might affect it?

They obviously care, as they invest so much time and energy trying to 'prove' some other party is 'wrong' they can't claim they do not care, for clearly they do.

But WHY do they care?
And why do they care so very much?
Is it only immature EGO?
Is it a spiritual need?

Do they get something from it and if so what? And if not WHY so much energy?

I am hopeful that those who have tried to prove me or others 'wrong' or who have claimed I was, (and apparently found much joy in believing I was/am wrong) will shed some light on their motivations and share what they feel they get out of such endeavors.

They have even often used the word 'win' and 'lose'. But what is being won? What is being lost? Is it merely an attack to try and discredit those who share information in the hopes of discrediting the movement?

Lets discuss why some people come here with the only goal of proving someone else wrong and study the mindset of those afflicted with such a pathology.
rob menard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 05:39 PM   #2
rumpelstilzchen
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: the End of The Forest where the fox and the hare bid each other goodnight
Posts: 6,221
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

It has nothing to do with the need to be right and to be proved right, rob.
In my view there are some who I would describe as conmen selling theories that have no basis in law that lead people to land in further trouble than they need to.
They are cashing in on other people's misfortune.
I would put you in that category, rob.

Last edited by rumpelstilzchen; 01-04-2011 at 05:39 PM.
rumpelstilzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 05:43 PM   #3
rob menard
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,863
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumpelstilzchen View Post
It has nothing to do with the need to be right and to be proved right, rob.
In my view there are some who I would describe as conmen selling theories that have no basis in law that lead people to land in further trouble than they need to.
They are cashing in on other people's misfortune.
I would put you in that category, rob.
OFF TOPIC!

Aren't you the guy who moaned on another thread about being pulled of topic?

So I come here start a new thread specific to the topic you did not want to address over on the other thread, and you immediately go off topic, and start making it about me.

The topic is not me.

Remember that.

Now stay on topic.
rob menard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 05:45 PM   #4
rumpelstilzchen
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: the End of The Forest where the fox and the hare bid each other goodnight
Posts: 6,221
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Well, I have answered your question in the most honest way I could.
rumpelstilzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 05:50 PM   #5
ben10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 360
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob menard View Post
I am curious as to why some people feel the need, a pathological drive if you will, to either discredit the freeman movement or people within it.

They take great pleasure in thinking someone else is wrong, or has 'fucked up', but rarely do they wish to examine WHY it is so very important to them that they be right and someone else is seen as wrong. They are often apparently desperate

Bearing in mind such actions are very useful for stopping proper adult discussion, and is often employed by trolls for that very purpose, I am still curious as to the mindset that must be necessary in order to even try and prove someone is 'wrong' on a forum such as this.

Why do some people seem so desperate to prove someone with whom they do not agree as 'wrong'? Do they invest so much in their paradigm that they are frightened of how a new perspective might affect it?

They obviously care, as they invest so much time and energy trying to 'prove' some other party is 'wrong' they can't claim they do not care, for clearly they do.

But WHY do they care?
And why do they care so very much?
Is it only immature EGO?
Is it a spiritual need?

Do they get something from it and if so what? And if not WHY so much energy?

I am hopeful that those who have tried to prove me or others 'wrong' or who have claimed I was, (and apparently found much joy in believing I was/am wrong) will shed some light on their motivations and share what they feel they get out of such endeavors.

They have even often used the word 'win' and 'lose'. But what is being won? What is being lost? Is it merely an attack to try and discredit those who share information in the hopes of discrediting the movement?

Lets discuss why some people come here with the only goal of proving someone else wrong and study the mindset of those afflicted with such a pathology.
man that's funny. is this 4real
__________________
i was born on a ley line
ben10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 05:50 PM   #6
rob menard
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,863
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumpelstilzchen View Post
Well, I have answered your question in the most honest way I could.
Fair enough I will grant you have difficulty being honest with yourself. We all do. See, the thing is though you did not express WHY or what benefit you find in it.

So it was the first thing I mentioned, your goal is to discredit the people in the movement, but you do so to save others from the ideas presented.

Why not attack the ideas instead of the people presenting them?

PS- Thank you for answering as honestly as you could. Respect.
rob menard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:04 PM   #7
rumpelstilzchen
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: the End of The Forest where the fox and the hare bid each other goodnight
Posts: 6,221
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob menard View Post
Fair enough I will grant you have difficulty being honest with yourself. We all do.
I never said that.
Again you are twisting what others say.
You always do.
When I said as "honest as I could" I am talking about the limitations of the forum rules.
Quote:
See, the thing is though you did not express WHY or what benefit you find in it.
I see no benefit. No benefit, that is, in the stuff you sell.
Quote:
So it was the first thing I mentioned, your goal is to discredit the people in the movement, but you do so to save others from the ideas presented.
No I have no intention of discrediting anybody.
However I will point out what I believe to be untruths when I see them.
I don't see disagreeing with somebody as discrediting them.
Actually I find that a very strange idea.

Quote:
Why not attack the ideas instead of the people presenting them?
I have attacked the ideas in the past.
As to the people presenting them, I have no issue with them.
But I do believe you to be a conman, rob.
I do have an issue with that.

Quote:
PS- Thank you for answering as honestly as you could. Respect.
I always do.

Last edited by rumpelstilzchen; 01-04-2011 at 06:04 PM.
rumpelstilzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:12 PM   #8
rob menard
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,863
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumpelstilzchen View Post
I never said that.
Again you are twisting what others say.
You always do.
When I said as "honest as I could" I am talking about the limitations of the forum rules.

I see no benefit. No benefit, that is, in the stuff you sell.

No I have no intention of discrediting anybody.
However I will point out what I believe to be untruths when I see them.
I don't see disagreeing with somebody as discrediting them.
Actually I find that a very strange idea.


I have attacked the ideas in the past.
As to the people presenting them, I have no issue with them.
But I do believe you to be a conman, rob.
I do have an issue with that.


I always do.
Again, OFF TOPIC.
Thats twice now.
It is not about me.
And you are not explaining WHY you need to do so.

Yes you have in the past attacked and rejected concepts like equality, fairness, personal responsibility and the rule of law. Those are the concepts you refer to right?

This subject must be very sensitive to you, all you can do is try to divert the topic with an attack on me and call me a conman, with NO PROOF AT ALL that I have fraudulent intent or engage in fraudulent actions.

So back on topic now, or did you wish to continue insulting me and trying to divert the thread topic?
rob menard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:17 PM   #9
rumpelstilzchen
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: the End of The Forest where the fox and the hare bid each other goodnight
Posts: 6,221
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

I am choosing my words carefully, rob.
I stand by what said.

I see nothing wrong with striving to get rid of bad law and obtaining more freedom as long as it is not to the detriment of others.
I don't see that in fotl.
In fact I see the opposite.

Last edited by rumpelstilzchen; 01-04-2011 at 06:17 PM.
rumpelstilzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:48 PM   #10
lizardlover
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: At The Lounge
Posts: 648
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

If its not about you, then why have the topic of the thread

"Why I must be right and you must be wrong"

Who is the "I" in this context other than you?

And its something I don't believe in and think is a scam without any proof and has dangerous side effects. I feel the same way about religion and 9/11 truther nut's and many other topics, and under various usernames names on different forums, I do ask for proof as I do here. I choose my name for here because of the irony of David Icke and his lizard theory, so again you assume we only attack you, when its the freeman movement I don't believe in and exercise my right of free speech to say so, as I do with other topics on other forums.

But you assume that anyone who doesn't believe in this hokey pokey is against you and loves everything the government does.

Not true again, but you like to assume a lot, so I don't hold it against it. Yes, there are things wrong with the government and things need to be changed. But your method of just ignoring the problems and trying to just pretend they don't exist and don't apply to you is, well, very childish.

You post your little bully analogy but you don't follow it in real life do you. Instead of facing the bully (the government) and trying to change the problem, you just take a different way home each day and pretend the bully isn't there.

If you truly believe things like the MVA go against "our right" to travel, then why not petition the government, join a political party, run for office, do something and change it by the rules already in place.

Instead, you stick your fingers in your ears and just scream it doesn't apply to me over and over, somehow thinking its true.

How childish.
lizardlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:55 PM   #11
rob menard
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,863
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Why did I call it what I did? It's called literary or grammatical license. It is an alteration of the conventions of grammar for theatrical purposes. Plus I did not want to insult anyone by labeling them. Sorry if you are so unfamiliar with literature that you had no idea about literary license.
rob menard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:11 PM   #12
rob menard
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,863
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

[QUOTE=lizardlover;1059802895]If its not about you, then why have the topic of the thread

Quote:
"Why I must be right and you must be wrong"

Who is the "I" in this context other than you?
You, me, all humans. Like I said ARTISTIC LICENSE.

Quote:
And its something I don't believe in and think is a scam without any proof and has dangerous side effects. I feel the same way about religion and 9/11 truther nut's and many other topics, and under various usernames names on different forums, I do ask for proof as I do here. I choose my name for here because of the irony of David Icke and his lizard theory, so again you assume we only attack you, when its the freeman movement I don't believe in and exercise my right of free speech to say so, as I do with other topics on other forums.
Okay. Fine. Thank you for sharing. So you don't believe in the Freeman Movement and spend a lot of time on forums that discuss ideas you do not believe in. And yes you have a right of free speech. Does not explain WHY you choose to exercise it in forums where topics you do not agree with are discussed. Says quite a bit about you and your mindset I think.

Quote:
But you assume that anyone who doesn't believe in this hokey pokey is against you and loves everything the government does.
I assume no such thing.


Quote:
Not true again, but you like to assume a lot, so I don't hold it against it. Yes, there are things wrong with the government and things need to be changed. But your method of just ignoring the problems and trying to just pretend they don't exist and don't apply to you is, well, very childish.
I ignore now? LMAO! Hey did you want to read the Criminal Code and see how it recognizes the right to disobey the people in the government? How about in your words above we look at how you refer to the people in the government as 'the government' IGNORING the fact they are merely people?

Quote:
You post your little bully analogy but you don't follow it in real life do you. Instead of facing the bully (the government) and trying to change the problem, you just take a different way home each day and pretend the bully isn't there.
The government? Again? Stop ignoring the fact they are merely people and have no right to call themselves the government without the consent of the people they wish to govern.

Quote:
If you truly believe things like the MVA go against "our right" to travel, then why not petition the government, join a political party, run for office, do something and change it by the rules already in place
I am using the law. The rules in place you say I should use are the ones defined and created by the people in power to ensure they keep power. I am flanking them. Why do you not do what you say is the proper way? You admit there are things wrong. Show me what you do to fix it using the tools you suggest and show me even a slight measure of success. Can't do that can you?

Quote:
Instead, you stick your fingers in your ears and just scream it doesn't apply to me over and over, somehow thinking its true.
No, instead I read the words you ignore and assume mean one thing, I ask questions of the people in the government and observe their reactions. I look into my own heart. I read the criminal code and put two and two together and get four. You refuse to do ANY math at all, and insist 2+2=5 cause someone selling fives told you so.

Quote:
How childish.
Did you want to examine the concept of equality and how no one can govern you without your consent because of that, or did you wish to continue insulting me while calling me the childish one?
rob menard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:59 PM   #13
pythaem
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: US
Posts: 470
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

ill say first i'm not a debunker or shill or w/e, i'm a noob to this stuff and just kind of observe from afar. i'm totally open-minded (and hopeful) to new information proving me wrong....

what "credit" does this "movement" have? i don't know jack about it, but i haven't seen anything from the outside that makes pursuing serious research appealing

a year or so ago I watched those ben stewart videos kymatica and esoteric agenda, he spouts on and on that laws which don't involve damaging another person or property, don't apply to us unless we comply.....and i saw some vids with jordan maxwell talking about the words like court, and the law of the land vs. admiralty law or whatever...

anyway, after these videos I came to the icke forums to learn more and all I found was a bunch of trolling (which I might've just stepped into)

i figured this FOTML forum would be alive with evidence, court cases, news articles, etc. showing how people are fighting the system and winning....

to me it just seems like twisting words around....maybe you can get out of paying a certain bill or something....but in the end if you break laws you go to jail....so you're free to obey the laws around you or move to a new area....tell me if i've missed something please... (aside from the purely anecdotal)
__________________
a forum about science, spirituality, conspiracy stuff, and other topics
http://www.perfectjourney.org
pythaem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:05 PM   #14
outofstate
Inactive
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: LOGGED OUT.
Posts: 766
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob menard View Post
me
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumpelstilzchen View Post
you
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob menard View Post
OFF TOPIC!

you ... me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumpelstilzchen View Post
Well, I ... your ... I could.

When the realization occurs your meant for each other, please let me know first,

I will get a DJ for the ceremony and make this the wedding song

outofstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:15 PM   #15
rob menard
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,863
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofstate View Post
When the realization occurs your meant for each other, please let me know first,

I will get a DJ for the ceremony and make this the wedding song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXczj1fjixE
BWAHAHAHAHA!

That just made my day!

Thank you!

GDFF!
rob menard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:07 PM   #16
freemefast
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 351
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofstate View Post
Prefer History of Rock meself

Last edited by freemefast; 01-04-2011 at 09:08 PM.
freemefast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:20 PM   #17
rob menard
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,863
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemefast View Post
Prefer History of Rock meself

Heres one of my favorite KR videos...
rob menard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:26 PM   #18
freemefast
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 351
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob menard View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu3rsha1ZtI

Heres one of my favorite KR videos...
freemefast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:33 PM   #19
gladys
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,352
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofstate View Post
When the realization occurs your meant for each other, please let me know first,

I will get a DJ for the ceremony and make this the wedding song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXczj1fjixE


Or maybe they should just get a room. One can be "Mr Right" (and yield the whip), and the other one can be "Mr Wrong" (and bare the arse).
gladys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:42 PM   #20
lizardlover
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: At The Lounge
Posts: 648
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Rob can you please change the topic to Kid Rock video links since thats all this has dissolved into.
lizardlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:05 PM.


Shoutbox provided by vBShout (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.