Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > David Icke: Research & Media > David Icke's books

Old 03-09-2010, 05:57 PM   #1
asevaaamas
Inactive

Default Which David Icke book should I get?

Strange, I know, but I'm here without ever having read anything by David Icke.

I've seen a few videos but nothing more.
asevaaamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:03 PM   #2
ragnarok
Banned

The David Icke Guide To The Global Conspiracy(And How To End It)

ragnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:51 PM   #3
kappy0405

^^^^This.
kappy0405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:14 PM   #4
fratoue

His shorter books are better IMO. Try I am me I am free, or Infinite love is the only truth everything else is illusion. The larger books sometimes go into painstaking detail and it's not the most easy reading but the above too are more easy to digest and don't go into the negative stuff so much,
fratoue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:23 PM   #5
darryl84

The new one mate, or infinite love is the only truth, both very good books, would highly recommend.
"Time isn’t precious at all, because it is an illusion. What you perceive as precious is not time but the one point that is out of time: the Now. That is precious indeed. The more you are focused on time—past and future—the more you miss the Now, the most precious thing there is." - Eckhart Tolle
darryl84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:44 PM   #6
theabominablephenomenon
Banned

Don't read any of it,
too scary!

Seriously though.... I liked 'The Biggest Secret'
I think thats the one that goes into Lady Diana (wouldn't we all.. but not now obviously) being murdered..
Otherwise 'Guide to ..' is a gr8 book.
theabominablephenomenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:54 PM   #7
ragnarok
Banned

I got my copy in a Barnado's shop for £1.50. What a bargain!
ragnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:19 PM   #8
richardlism

honestly I would buy the new one as it's like a snapshot of everything. Also, you get less typos and inaccurate spelling in his new one, whereas the older ones are chock full of 'em.

EDIT : New one = Human Race Get off Your Knees.

Last edited by richardlism; 03-09-2010 at 08:20 PM.
richardlism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:31 PM   #9
truthspoon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by asevaaamas View Post

Buy these two:

The Biggest Secret
and
Infinite Love is the only truth everything else is illusion.

Both very different both very good. His best works.
truthspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:32 PM   #10
truthspoon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
I got my copy in a Barnado's shop for £1.50. What a bargain!
DAMN, that's SOME Barnados!
truthspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 01:18 AM   #11
asevaaamas
Inactive

Bear with me, everyone, I'm not very smart -

I've been reading "Exposing The Dream World We Believe To Be Real". I'm not unfamiliar with any of these ideas such as the world as being illusory etc but I've rarely read from an author like David who presents it quite clearly and charismatically. Usually it is kept at a distance like other abstract metaphysical thoughts.

What I want to know is - if our 'solid matter' reality appearance really is illusory and, not to mention, controlled by who David says it's controlled by, or what - then why does he still continue living a life with a wife and kids, writing books, etc? I've seen videos of David, he's as much a human being as the rest of us, however strangely he may perceive the world. What keeps him around? Why not unplug from the Matrix? By the way, I purposely avoided watching those films - not because I'm a close minded sheep but because I innately distrust the so-called insightful films Hollywood produces like the recent Inception.

Reading this book has left me feeling depressed. I want out of this crazy world. If it's an illusion and even if it isn't I don't want to be part of it anymore. I have had experiences on psychedelics, dissociatives, and meditation and accessed that state of pure consciousness as well as other fascinating drug experiences and yet I usually just understand these as being, for example, the effect of the drug on the brain.

If 'reality' is consciousness and the universe of appearance is the energy of that consciousness and we're all waves of it then why not just 'kill' the body since this seems to be imprisoning consciousness in limitation?
Old 04-09-2010, 05:48 AM   #12
asevaaamas
Inactive

damn i love this book :-)

every time david says "the voice in brazil said" i find it mirroring insights i've had as well

it's really encouraging to be reading all this, particularly the bits i can understand more clearly like his take on world religions and such

i love how he writes as well - to the point, no bullshit
Old 04-09-2010, 06:25 AM   #13
beldazar

Get his latest one. I have most of his books but by far, this one is most certainly the BEST.
You can see how David has come on with his information over the years so it is always best to keep up with the latest.
I highly recommend it

"Human Race Get Off Your Knees, The Lion Sleeps No More"
beldazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:18 AM   #14
largejack

Quote:
Originally Posted by beldazar View Post
Get his latest one. I have most of his books but by far, this one is most certainly the BEST.
You can see how David has come on with his information over the years so it is always best to keep up with the latest.
I highly recommend it

Agreed, and it summarises and fits together the Big Picture succinctly chapter by chapter, so that if you want to read deeper into a certain topic you can then buy the relevant book.

It doesn't matter if this world is real or an illusion, the effects are still the same.

Last edited by largejack; 04-09-2010 at 07:18 AM.
largejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:20 AM   #15
catnap

Quote:

Save yourself some money - Just buy the latest one as its a rehash of everything else he has written despite claiming to contain new material.

Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. Martin Luther King, Jr.
catnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:21 AM   #16
asevaaamas
Inactive

Quote:
I highly recommend it

Cool I'll check it out and the other suggestions. Right now I'm still going through Exposing the Dream World...... and really enjoying it.

However, I have another big question - in one chapter he goes into all the terrible influences in food, cell phones, etc (the insight about cell phones being considered integral to childhood really surprised me - i'm 22 and i only remember cell phones becoming 'big' among kids when i was in high school but i never got into it - i have a cell phone but only use it to keep in contact with like three people in my family) and by listing all the stuff it really causes a huge fear in me - what am i eating?!! and everything like that... and then the next chapter is It's All Bollocks and says the best way to defeat the Matrix is to laugh in its face, to not take any of it seriously. Does this mean we should get neurotic about avoiding aspartame products etc or just see it all as illusion and not worry about it?

the way i have been living is basically trying to be practical - avoiding these shitty foods and cultural influences but when it's not practically possible, to keep in mind that it's all bullshit anyway and just hope that the food products don't do too much damage to my brain/body

i practice urine therapy which makes the immune system very strong - since doing this practice i've effortlessly avoided every passing sickness my family and friends got, without avoiding them or doing anything to avoid it - so i've been sort of hoping that even if i eat all these foods with that shit in it, the therapy will set things right, and minimize any threats to health caused by the food
Old 04-09-2010, 07:34 AM   #17
beldazar

Quote:
Cool I'll check it out and the other suggestions. Right now I'm still going through Exposing the Dream World...... and really enjoying it.

However, I have another big question - in one chapter he goes into all the terrible influences in food, cell phones, etc (the insight about cell phones being considered integral to childhood really surprised me - i'm 22 and i only remember cell phones becoming 'big' among kids when i was in high school but i never got into it - i have a cell phone but only use it to keep in contact with like three people in my family) and by listing all the stuff it really causes a huge fear in me - what am i eating?!! and everything like that... and then the next chapter is It's All Bollocks and says the best way to defeat the Matrix is to laugh in its face, to not take any of it seriously. Does this mean we should get neurotic about avoiding aspartame products etc or just see it all as illusion and not worry about it?

the way i have been living is basically trying to be practical - avoiding these shitty foods and cultural influences but when it's not practically possible, to keep in mind that it's all bullshit anyway and just hope that the food products don't do too much damage to my brain/body

i practice urine therapy which makes the immune system very strong - since doing this practice i've effortlessly avoided every passing sickness my family and friends got, without avoiding them or doing anything to avoid it - so i've been sort of hoping that even if i eat all these foods with that shit in it, the therapy will set things right, and minimize any threats to health caused by the food
I know exactly what you mean once you delve i to all the deliberate poisons they are putting on us and you would lose all of your sanity by trying to avoid everything, not least your temper, lol. I do avoid the main ones like flouride, aspartame and vaccines but I don't get obsessive over it.
I feel it is mostly so people can join the dots to see how controlled we really are but the most positive aspect is how powerful we must be for them to have to go to such lengths

Last edited by beldazar; 04-09-2010 at 07:35 AM.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:37 AM   #18
beldazar

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnap View Post
Save yourself some money - Just buy the latest one as its a rehash of everything else he has written despite claiming to contain new material.
Yes it should all be new material especially for us already familiar with his work so that any newcomers will be so baffled they wouldn't bother reading it, after all, we don't want to share this awakening with anyone else do we
Old 04-09-2010, 07:41 AM   #19
springrain

Quote:
so i've been sort of hoping that even if i eat all these foods with that shit in it, the therapy will set things right, and minimize any threats to health caused by the food
The problem with this is that you're still buying the food, putting money into your enemy's pockets. The more money they have, the more they expand and the more power they have.

You can't starve something by feeding into it. I'm not giving a single ounce of my life energy to Monsanto, for example. I just won't do it. It goes far beyond me and my mood and my body.

I can't avoid everything, of course.... I'm sure I need a water filter change but don't have the extra money laying around right now. But I do the best I can not to cooperate directly with those doing me ill will.
springrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:03 AM   #20
catnap

Quote:
Yes it should all be new material especially for us already familiar with his work so that any newcomers will be so baffled they wouldn't bother reading it, after all, we don't want to share this awakening with anyone else do we
Ickes latest book contains all his previous stuff so I dont see why its not perfectly logical to direct the OP to read the latest one rather than paying out on all the old ones. Whats the problem?

Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. Martin Luther King, Jr.
catnap is offline   Reply With Quote