Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat

Old 23-05-2012, 06:29 AM   #1
wwu777

Default Does sleep/anesthesia disprove the Afterlife?

I have a question that hasn't been addressed by NDE researchers.

During sleep and anesthesia, a person has no consciousness of the passage of time. So if consciousness is eternal, how can it be shut down like that? If consciousness can be shut down, then doesn't it follow that it can be destroyed too?

Also, if only some have NDE's and not others, could it mean that only some will have an afterlife but others won't?

These questions are never asked in interviews.

Thanks,
Winston

Last edited by wwu777; 23-05-2012 at 06:39 AM.
wwu777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2012, 12:46 PM   #2
blackyblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwu777 View Post

During sleep and anesthesia, a person has no consciousness of the passage of time. So if consciousness is eternal, how can it be shut down like that? If consciousness can be shut down, then doesn't it follow that it can be destroyed too?

Also, if only some have NDE's and not others, could it mean that only some will have an afterlife but others won't?

Thanks,
Winston
Hmmmm.

Sleep may be a good simile for death but i dont think it is the same.

When we sleep we are still alive and are still conscious.

I mean the fact that we dream is a sign of consciousness, and our subconscious brain is still allert to things happening in the awake world, and this is how if something comes into your room and makes a noise, your subconscious will either recognise it for the friendly relative that it is, and you will continue to sleep your little head off unaware that there is a friend or family member in your room, or if your subconscious hears a noise and does not recognise what it is, your subconscious will soon send messages to your conscious brain and you will wake with a jolt quick enough.

This is all part of consciousness and as far as i am aware, this will not happen after death.

So no, the unconsciousness you experience while asleep is different from the unconsciousness you experience while dead

There is no defence against an evil which only the victims and the perpetrators know exists.

Last edited by blackyblue; 23-05-2012 at 12:47 PM.
blackyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2012, 01:30 PM   #3
oneisall

Quote:

Thanks,
Winston
its eternal when you die, sleep and anesthesia are not death and conciousness knows that so the mechanism is still operating, you cant fool conciousness on any level, at least thats what I personally think
The hardest place to do good is in the silence of your own heart.
Those who dig holes underneath others fall into them themselves.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=bWXazVhlyxQ
oneisall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2012, 04:36 PM   #4
curtaincat
Banned

Quote:

Thanks,
Winston
It is said that TIME does not exist. All is now.

perhaps forget about time.

NOW could be your answer ...
curtaincat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2012, 04:40 PM   #5
faustus

No-ones addressed that question because you're confusing very different definitions of consciousness there fella.
faustus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2012, 04:48 PM   #6
curtaincat
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus View Post
No-ones addressed that question because you're confusing very different definitions of consciousness there fella.
who , me? oops
curtaincat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2012, 04:54 PM   #7
faustus

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtaincat View Post
who , me? oops
No, OP.

"consciousness" as in - being awake is something very different from the consciousness people are talking about when they talk about "infinite consciousness".
faustus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2012, 12:07 AM   #8
ufochick

A person IS aware of time when asleep. Many people can 'set" themselves to wake up at a certain time.
Profiles, hosting for files, pics, videos, PMs, blogs, social walls and much more.
ufochick is offline   Reply With Quote