Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Exposing Child Abuse

Old 23-07-2014, 10:39 AM   #1
signalnorth

Default FOI request help needed please

Can anyone help?

I've recently made a FOI request to a Police force in the UK re info they hold around an issue of sex abuse . They however are refusing to deal with the FOI until I give my full name and address rather than just a pseudonym. I was under the impression that it was acceptable not to use a full proper name but if so, can anyone please direct me to the rules that support this? I also have good reason not to give my proper name.

Can anyone help please.

many thanks
Government is rather like sex abuse - You might get the odd bag of sweeties, but you're still being rodgered against your will, left to mop up the mess and told to keep your stupid little mouth shut. http://cardsforjustice.wordpress.com/

signalnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2014, 10:43 AM   #2
elshaper
Inactive

Did you use this site?
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com
elshaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2014, 10:49 AM   #3
signalnorth

Quote:
Originally Posted by elshaper View Post
Did you use this site?
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com
Yes
Government is rather like sex abuse - You might get the odd bag of sweeties, but you're still being rodgered against your will, left to mop up the mess and told to keep your stupid little mouth shut. http://cardsforjustice.wordpress.com/

signalnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2014, 02:23 PM   #4
stickwhistler

Quote:
Originally Posted by signalnorth View Post
Can anyone help?

I've recently made a FOI request to a Police force in the UK re info they hold around an issue of sex abuse . They however are refusing to deal with the FOI until I give my full name and address rather than just a pseudonym. I was under the impression that it was acceptable not to use a full proper name but if so, can anyone please direct me to the rules that support this? I also have good reason not to give my proper name.

Can anyone help please.

many thanks
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/help/privacy

They've asked for my postal address! #
If a public authority asks you for your full, physical address, reply to them saying that section 8.1.b of the FOI Act asks for an "address for correspondence", and that the email address you are using is sufficient.

The Ministry of Justice has guidance on this – "As well as hard copy written correspondence, requests that are transmitted electronically (for example, in emails) are acceptable ... If a request is received by email and no postal address is given, the email address should be treated as the return address."

As if that isn't enough, the Information Commissioner's Hints for Practitioners say "A request must ... include an address for correspondence. This need not be the person's residential or work address - it can be any address at which you can write to them, including a postal address or email address;"

No no, they need a postal address to send a paper response! #
If an authority only has a paper copy of the information that you want, they may ask you for a postal address. To start with, try persuading them to scan in the documents for you. You can even offer to gift them a scanner, which in that particular case embarrassed the authority into finding one they had already.

If that doesn't work, and you want to provide your postal address privately in order to receive the documents, mark your request as "They are going to reply by post", and it will give you an email address to use for that purpose.
Old 24-07-2014, 01:46 PM   #5
totallybonkers

Me being a bit dumb. If the OP doesn't give any real personal info, where would Plod send the FOI data? Plod would need a real address of some sort be it emailed or snail mailed. They may reject a secondary email like [email protected], I guess the danger is when some crim is wanting the info for bad things, we'd expect Plod to protect us from that.
totallybonkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2014, 02:39 PM   #6
zuckuss

You can use your email address and put any name you like on it. I've done dozens of FoIs like this - it's usually the police who try to bleat, but they've got no grounds to refuse.
zuckuss is offline   Reply With Quote