Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Paranormal & Mysteries > Mythological & Cryptozoology / Channeling / Psychic Abilities / Lucid Dreaming / OBE & Reinc

Old 17-09-2007, 04:56 AM   #1
alexph777

Default Astral / OBE Discomfort

When in the state of the process of leaving the body - I get pains or squeezing in my solor plexus area as if someone has put to daggers just above my pelvic area. There is also a feeling of a line or cable of energy over my tummy area pressing down. I have to bang my feet and move my legs to come back - it takes great effort!

Also I have problems breathing at this point when leaving the body as if I'm starting to suffocate. I read in Astral Dynamics that there is a unknown diagnosis of people who stop breathing during their sleep but the body's instincs kick in and the person rolls over and partally wakes up, etc. Sometimes in these states I can hear snoring so maybe its my mind that thinks it still needs to breath. But sometimes its like I am no longer breathing and I have to force myself to breath.

I can go further but out of fear I resist. This state happened today during and after listening to a meditation session with delta frequencies laying on the sofa. I got the feeling of people there saying "its ok your fine go on."

If I went further I think I would have felt the vibrations come in - I've had this once and beleive me you will know it! Its like the washer machine suddenly go into its high spin cycle.

This leaving the body state does not happen all the time but spondtenasly. I've heard the your higher self is usually guiding most of your trips so you are always safe.

Please advise or any comments on the above. Thanks.
Old 17-09-2007, 10:02 AM   #2
kblood

I cannot be sure if I had have a real OBE I guess, but it seems easier to do when asleep. Before falling asleep, you try to concentrate on what you are going to do I guess, then when you go, you will fall asleep. Therefore your body will probably be left in some kind of stasis, and you will not have to worry about it while having your OBE.

I imagine you were sitting while doing this? I do not understand why sitting is the most common way of meditating, at least not if it is done to have OBEs. Getting the body in balance and relaxed though, seems easier while sitting.

Oh you were lying down as well? Hmmm, I do not think I have ever trying forcing my self into an OBE. If it has ever happened, it just seemed like an oppertunity, and that I could not let it pass. I do not remember any pain in my body for doing so.

Last edited by kblood; 17-09-2007 at 10:04 AM. Reason: rethinking
kblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2007, 03:06 PM   #3
aznality

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexph777 View Post
If I went further I think I would have felt the vibrations come in - I've had this once and beleive me you will know it! Its like the washer machine suddenly go into its high spin cycle.
That is EXACTLY what happens to myself too. There is a stage when you go deep enough into your meditation, then there is a sudden rush of rigorous vibrations sweeping over your entire body. And that is all you feel. You feel nothing else, not even the objects surrounding you. My last OBE was only a few nights ago and yeah, I always feel that way each time just before I leave my body. It's a strange feeling, yet not all that unpleasant either. I can stand it. Well when I do make it out, I have not really experienced any comfortable feelings like you described. Hrmm, well I know it is very frustrating sometimes. But I guess just try figure out what you are doing wrong and you will naturally get better at it. I, too, am in the learning process and I only had a few OBEs which began this year. Good luck!
Old 06-10-2007, 04:40 PM   #4
catfood

Quote:
Also I have problems breathing at this point when leaving the body as if I'm starting to suffocate. I read in Astral Dynamics that there is a unknown diagnosis of people who stop breathing during their sleep but the body's instincs kick in and the person rolls over and partally wakes up, etc. Sometimes in these states I can hear snoring so maybe its my mind that thinks it still needs to breath. But sometimes its like I am no longer breathing and I have to force myself to breath.
When we sleep we have no control over are body’s this is so we can dream with out hurting are self’s. When we have an obe are body is asleep (depending on what method you use) so we have no control over are breathing are body’s go into a sort of default mode and breath on the own. If we are conches wile are body’s are asleep it feels like you can not breath properly, as in sleep paralysis ore sleep psychosis.
My advice is just to relax and have faith in your own body’s ability to breath on its own.
catfood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 05:26 PM   #5
kblood

I have been reading a book by Robert Peterson titled "Out of Body Experiences". He writes about OBEs being uncomfortable to begin with. I havent read it all yet, but he explains his OBEs rather well I think, and from what I can remember from my time of experimenting with OBEs and lucid dream it rings very true. I just didnt know what I was doing back then
Old 07-10-2007, 04:59 AM   #6
aznality

Quote:
Originally Posted by kblood View Post
I have been reading a book by Robert Peterson titled "Out of Body Experiences". He writes about OBEs being uncomfortable to begin with. I havent read it all yet, but he explains his OBEs rather well I think, and from what I can remember from my time of experimenting with OBEs and lucid dream it rings very true. I just didnt know what I was doing back then
I have read that book a few months ago. If I remember correctly, he said he experienced 'pain' once when he was out of his body. OBEs being uncomfortable to begin with? I don't remember reading that in his book, but I could be wrong.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:09 AM   #7
indigo
Inactive

Quote:
When in the state of the process of leaving the body - I get pains or squeezing in my solor plexus area as if someone has put to daggers just above my pelvic area. There is also a feeling of a line or cable of energy over my tummy area pressing down. I have to bang my feet and move my legs to come back - it takes great effort!

That bit sounds like sleep apnoea http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/articles...?articleId=340

I have never had any pain or discomfort. suppose it's diffenent for different people though
indigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 10:49 AM   #8
kblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznality View Post
I have read that book a few months ago. If I remember correctly, he said he experienced 'pain' once when he was out of his body. OBEs being uncomfortable to begin with? I don't remember reading that in his book, but I could be wrong.
No, I do not think he described it as pain. Chapter 13 is about his "silver cord" though. The silver cord is something that should bind the astral body to our physical body. It got me excited reading about this, because there is written about it in some of the fantasy books I have been reading about. Seems to me there are many subtle truths in fantasy books, sometimes anyway.

The idea about this silver cord is that it might limit the distance we might have "eyes" in an OBE or other senses I think. Very hard to focus any of the 5 senses to an OBE, and I guess this have to do with the silver cord.

As far as I know, the travelling far should be possible. It is just that much harder to go to somewhere we havent been before I think.

Well, since it is a pain in the solar plexus, I guess it has something to do with the "silver cord" as this Robert Peterson describes it. From what I know it is the center of our body and soul, so it sounds very likely.

My own guess is that you need to be more calm when trying to OBE. Encounters with spirits might also have something to do with it.

As for what Robert wrote, he also described it as difficult to come back to the body the first times. Later it seemed to be more difficult to stay out of the body, later in the book. After rereading your post I mentioned that it seems very much like it is the silver cord that you are experiencing. I am not sure I have tried that myself. I have forgot most my OBEs the last 17 years.
Old 26-10-2007, 01:30 AM   #9
aznality

If I remember correctly, he did mention discomfort or pain of some sorts? I'll have to check it again.
Old 26-10-2007, 08:58 AM   #10
serpentoffire

Location: My spirit is everywhere, my soul in every time, my body in the space-time
Exclamation Out-of-Body Experiences Simulated

http://www.livescience.com/health/07...t_of_body.html

New virtual reality experiments show the brain can be tricked into believing it's outside the body, lending credence to the strange claims of some patients and shedding light on how the brain might generate its "self image."
“We have decades of intense research on visual perception, but not very much yet on body perception," said Henrik Ehrsson of University College London.
"But that may change, now [that] virtual reality offers a way to manipulate full-body perception more systematically and probe out-of-body experiences,” said Olaf Blanke, a Swiss Federal Institute of Technology neuroscientist.
The researchers worked on separate studies, which are detailed in the Aug. 24 online edition of the journal Science.

Virtual trickery
Researchers equipped subjects with virtual-reality goggles that showed images from a stereoscopic video camera setup—two cameras spaced like a pair of eyes. When placed behind the person wearing the goggles, the cameras acted as a "virtual self" that looked at the subject's back.
As subjects watched themselves from behind, an experimenter prodded their chests with one hand while prodding the air just below the cameras at the same time. Because subjects could see the experimenter's hand but not the spot it was poking, researchers said subjects felt as if they were being poked in the chest—outside of their body.
“This was a bizarre, fascinating experience for the participants," Ehrsson said. "It felt absolutely real for them and was not scary. Many of them giggled and said ‘Wow, this is so weird.’”

Where's my body?
But the researchers didn't stop there. They also performed the experiment with cameras behind a wigged mannequin to test the brain's limits of self-perception.
"When they saw a bodily shape, they still felt it was them," said Bigna Lenggenhager, a psychologist also with the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology. She explained that touching both the fake body and the real body at the same time tricked many of the subjects.
"They felt a touch was there but couldn't pinpoint it," Lenggenhager said, noting that some felt as if the mannequin was their own body.
Going even further to test the effect, researchers removed subjects' goggles and asked them to move to where they believed they were standing during the experiment. Almost every time, she said, they overshot and walked back to their virtual self's location—and not where their real or simulated body was situated.
"They didn't localize themselves where their real body was," Lenggenhager told LiveScience.com. "Where the camera was is where they believed they were."

Hammer time
Ehrsson's group also tested the technique's limits by swinging a hammer just below the camera setup, or virtual self. By measuring how much subjects sweated—a bodily response to fear—Ehrsson said he showed that subjects felt threatened by the hammer swings.
Lenggenhager noted that the setup, while an extremely useful tool for testing the limits of self-perception, is only the beginning of better research on the brain.
"We've shown the body and self is somehow separate in the brain, even though we didn't invoke a completely realistic [out-of-body experience]," she said. Lenggenhager thinks the next step is to monitor the brain's activity with special electrodes during similar experiments. By doing so, the researcher and her colleagues hope to better understand which regions of the brain are responsible for self-perception.

"TRIA SUNT MIRABILIA DEUS ET HOMO MATER ET VIRGO TRINUS ET UNUS"
serpentoffire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2007, 09:22 AM   #11
lightbeing

Quote:

I can go further but out of fear I resist. This state happened today during and after listening to a meditation session with delta frequencies laying on the sofa. I got the feeling of people there saying "its ok your fine go on."

This leaving the body state does not happen all the time but spondtenasly. I've heard the your higher self is usually guiding most of your trips so you are always safe.

Please advise or any comments on the above. Thanks.
With what I've read, if you have fear in you regarding the OBE, then you will not be able to have one. Your body will not stop breathing and will not get harmed in the process of getting out of your body.
This is not from experience unfortunately, still trying to 'get out there'!
Old 30-10-2007, 09:29 PM   #12
serpentoffire

Location: My spirit is everywhere, my soul in every time, my body in the space-time
Default Tricking Your Body To Fall Asleep To Have An OBE

Old 30-10-2007, 09:30 PM   #13
serpentoffire

Default How To Do Wake Induced Lucid Dreams And OBEs

Old 30-10-2007, 09:58 PM   #14
jerichoforce
Banned

only when i polish my kundalini too much
jerichoforce is offline   Reply With Quote