Banned

To Be happy.
To Make others happy.
grandmasterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2015, 04:26 PM   #42
bikerdruid
Banned

Location: north peace bioregion of north america's great boreal forest

According to the Baltimore Catechism with which young RCs were indoctrinated, back in the day.
"He created us to love and serve Him."

what a total waste of time.
I'm here to live a full life and help others to enjoy the same.
bikerdruid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2015, 04:30 PM   #43
iamawaveofthesea

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmasterp View Post
To Be happy.
To Make others happy.
hmmm not sure it's that simple

Sometimes it isn't all about happy-clappy

Sometimes it's about taking responsibility
Old 14-12-2015, 04:41 PM   #44
grandmasterp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamawaveofthesea View Post
hmmm not sure it's that simple

Sometimes it isn't all about happy-clappy

Sometimes it's about taking responsibility
Yeah there's that too but we can all take a positive approach to our responsibilities.
Out of all possible mindsets 'happy-positivity' has always struck me as the most pleasant and worthy of aspiration.
Old 14-12-2015, 04:59 PM   #45
iamawaveofthesea

Quote:
Yeah there's that too but we can all take a positive approach to our responsibilities.
Out of all possible mindsets 'happy-positivity' has always struck me as the most pleasant and worthy of aspiration.
yeah but when an ideal of pasted face 'happiness' is created through the media where everyone feels they must be constantly neurotically happy like the characters in 'friends' or something then they begin to feel that something is wrong with them when as they sit on the tube or in rush hour traffic inching their way towards their shitty, dead-end, none job and don't feel like everything is a bed of roses

They then go to their doctor to be given pills to enable them to keep up the pasted smile front to the rest of the world

A problem is only solved when people admit that there is a problem in the first place and there are too many people in our society in denial

We don't need positivity so that we can make ourselves feel good in the short term we need honesty so that we can feel vital in the long term

There's too many people thinking the point of life is to stroke their own ego and feelings

They have been conditioned to believe their own happiness and feelings are of paramount importance and then they end up wondering why they feel so damn empty inside despite consuming more energy and resources in their life than 100 people from the majority world

It's because they forgot that a greater sense of fulfillment comes from balancing service to self with service to others

I have some sympathies with the views expressed in the following clip

Last edited by iamawaveofthesea; 14-12-2015 at 05:09 PM.
iamawaveofthesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2015, 05:05 PM   #46
iamawaveofthesea

I would expect baby-boomers to say that their own happiness is the whole point of life

Yeah...like fuck those asian sweatshop slaves working all day for fuck all so that you can have your designer gear because it makes YOU feel good right?

Fuck the planet....keep spraying the roundup....after all the health and happiness of future generations doesn't matter it's what YOU feel right now that's important and those fucking weeds are so ugly in your precious garden path

And so what if we bail out the banks and emburden the next generations with austerity as long as the baby boomers can get their pensions and carry on getting their foreign holidays so that they can be happy in the now

The baby-boomers...or what i like to call the 'me me me generation' because it's all about ME with them.....MY happiness

your happiness does not trump the health and happiness of all subsequent generations

fuck you and your vaccines, your chemicals, your stinking media, your wars and all your hypocritical self obsessed bullshit

Last edited by iamawaveofthesea; 14-12-2015 at 05:11 PM.
Old 14-12-2015, 05:12 PM   #47
grandmasterp
Banned

You got that right iamwavesofthe sea.
Manufactured 'happiness' as sold by advertisers and the MSM makes for unhappiness IMO.
Can't believe the shit that is currently being peddled on TV Vhristmas Adverts and programmes.
Buy this perfume and get this lifestyle.
Have a new sofa and become a perfect nuclear family.
This car will make you way cool.
Load of old BS innit?
Our back garden gate opens onto the beach and I'm out there most days with the dogs.
Happiness like that can't be bought and paid for it comes free.
Old 14-12-2015, 05:17 PM   #48
iamawaveofthesea

I don't see my generation tolerating the wars the same way the baby boomers have

Clamouring for their 'brave heros' to go and bomb some more dirt farmers so that they have something interesting to read in their mindless rag of a newspaper

Last edited by iamawaveofthesea; 14-12-2015 at 05:18 PM.
Old 14-12-2015, 05:21 PM   #49
iamawaveofthesea

Old 14-12-2015, 05:25 PM   #50
grandmasterp
Banned

Quote:
I don't see my generation tolerating the wars the same way the baby boomers have

Clamouring for their 'brave heros' to go and bomb some more dirt farmers so that they have something interesting to read in their mindless rag of a newspaper
Boomers get a bad press.
Justifiably so sometimes, we're the last ones to have had a pretty easy lifestyle with full employment, affordable mortgages and the best of the prosperous years.
We just got lucky.
I'm a boomer born in the early 1950s and recall a lot of anti-war protest going on back in the 60s.
Fair enough some of it was fashion and music driven but protest songs' formed a sound track to my youth.
Strikes me that the post-boomer teenagers were slightly less radicalised.
Our University of the Third Age group locally is a hot bed of beardy radicalism to this day.

Last edited by grandmasterp; 14-12-2015 at 05:27 PM.
Old 15-12-2015, 01:43 PM   #51
fudgetusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerdruid View Post
According to the Baltimore Catechism with which young RCs were indoctrinated, back in the day.
"He created us to love and serve Him."

what a total waste of time.
I'm here to live a full life and help others to enjoy the same.
I agree we were not created to love and serve Him(whoever that is) nor were we made to live a full life. I believe we came from perfection(that is what Icke says anyway) and that there is no reason whatsoever for us living on this shoddy evil planet. Why would God create a planet where animals eat each other? Why the dinosaurs?

No. It was one big cosmic accident and we should have nothing to do with this world or the pleasures it holds. The more you enjoy yourself the more stuck you become. Unless you can recognise that the fairground is basically evil as you play on the rides.

Last edited by fudgetusk; 15-12-2015 at 01:44 PM.
fudgetusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2015, 01:57 PM   #52
grandmasterp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudgetusk View Post
I agree we were not created to love and serve Him(whoever that is) nor were we made to live a full life. I believe we came from perfection(that is what Icke says anyway) and that there is no reason whatsoever for us living on this shoddy evil planet. Why would God create a planet where animals eat each other? Why the dinosaurs?

No. It was one big cosmic accident and we should have nothing to do with this world or the pleasures it holds. The more you enjoy yourself the more stuck you become. Unless you can recognise that the fairground is basically evil as you play on the rides.
Well, if living that way makes you happy then go for it.
IMO it sounds a tad gloomy.
But, each to his own.
Old 15-12-2015, 02:01 PM   #53
fudgetusk

Quote:
Well, if living that way makes you happy then go for it.
IMO it sounds a tad gloomy.
But, each to his own.
You can enjoy life but never be fooled by it that is all. Don't be fooled into thinking you are doing well by the infinite just because you are happy.

Sure enjoy a nice pie now and then, but don't become the pie.
Old 15-12-2015, 02:47 PM   #54
grandmasterp
Banned

Quote:
You can enjoy life but never be fooled by it that is all. Don't be fooled into thinking you are doing well by the infinite just because you are happy.

'Doing well by the infinite' sounds like something a religious person might aspire towards.
I just enjoy walking my dogs on the beach is all.
The Infinite is big enough to take care of and worry about itself.
Whatever it is.
Presumably,'infinite' includes 'everything'.
Hence it possibly encompasses an old bald dude with his three cocker spaniels taking a morning stroll along an East Coast beach.
Old 16-12-2015, 01:24 PM   #55
fudgetusk

Quote:
'Doing well by the infinite' sounds like something a religious person might aspire towards.
I just enjoy walking my dogs on the beach is all.
The Infinite is big enough to take care of and worry about itself.
Whatever it is.
Presumably,'infinite' includes 'everything'.
Hence it possibly encompasses an old bald dude with his three cocker spaniels taking a morning stroll along an East Coast beach.
I'm not trying to turn Icke's message into a religion(although it would be easy to do)

It's clear from David Icke's work what it means to do right by the infinite. To spread the word. To be ready to talk about the info if need be. But it also can mean to be happy. Just be sure you're not entrapped by happiness' spell. Being happy while smoking a fag for instance. Or drinking, or indulging in excessive empty sexual activity. These things are the snares of the matrix. Even walking your dog can draw you into the matrix. Oh, I bet you LOVE a bit of walkies, doncha. Ooh, the pull of the lead, the throwing of sticks. I can see how that could be addictive.

Last edited by fudgetusk; 16-12-2015 at 01:26 PM.
Old 16-12-2015, 05:42 PM   #56
bikerdruid
Banned

Quote:

you are welcome to regret being here.
personally, i believe the earth is a paradise.
man has fucked it up.
i enjoy life and will continue to.
i am very fortunate and live a good life in a wonderful place, seven hours fromm the nearest city.
Old 16-12-2015, 05:44 PM   #57
bikerdruid
Banned

Quote:

doing well by the infinite??
could not be bothered.
"eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow you may die."
I enjoy life ... if you choose not to, that is your loss.

two maxims are the only restrictions.
"Do what thou wilt."
"Harm none."

Last edited by bikerdruid; 16-12-2015 at 10:21 PM.
Old 16-12-2015, 09:53 PM   #58
donutwater

To experience. See we're the part of "Infinite Oneness" that is "experiencing" what we already know.
Old 16-12-2015, 10:12 PM   #59
white light

Quote:
I would expect baby-boomers to say that their own happiness is the whole point of life

Yeah...like fuck those asian sweatshop slaves working all day for fuck all so that you can have your designer gear because it makes YOU feel good right?

Fuck the planet....keep spraying the roundup....after all the health and happiness of future generations doesn't matter it's what YOU feel right now that's important and those fucking weeds are so ugly in your precious garden path

And so what if we bail out the banks and emburden the next generations with austerity as long as the baby boomers can get their pensions and carry on getting their foreign holidays so that they can be happy in the now

The baby-boomers...or what i like to call the 'me me me generation' because it's all about ME with them.....MY happiness

your happiness does not trump the health and happiness of all subsequent generations

fuck you and your vaccines, your chemicals, your stinking media, your wars and all your hypocritical self obsessed bullshit
What's a good alternative to roundup for the garden path?.
white light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2015, 10:19 PM   #60
bikerdruid
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by white light View Post
What's a good alternative to roundup for the garden path?.
walking it more often.
"grass won't grow on a busy street."