Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > New Members Forum

Old 15-07-2017, 10:41 AM   #41
TertiaParte

Default Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by decode reality View Post
If we're talking Britain, when you consider the terror attacks that recently took place, and how the general election panned out, any impact or influence from "awakened" alt-media on these and other current events is negligible or completely non-existent. Sorry but that's just how I see it.
You are not missing the problem. No need to say "sorry". Your view is correct. We are far from being "awake". But what I am sure of is that the awakening comes from within. Do not expect it might come from any other source. I am not British and in my country of origin was not different. Even worse at times. Main stream media or alternative media are made of people. People need money for living. So all tight somehow to the necessity of "selling" what the mass want to hear rather than, for "political correctness", saying things for what they are. Always afraid of offending one part or another. Nothing will change till we carry on with this hypocrite philosophy. If you read my posts around you will see through the lines that fear of offending somehow somebody, is the last of my worries. I already know that, being a very pragmatic person, my pragmatism will always offend someone. When we get offended, we just try to avoid the annoying chance we may be wrong. When we are afraid of offending, we do not say what we really think. If we all would start from this, in my opinion, we would see much better the things for what they really are and the World would be a much better place for all of us. From ourselves to the Pope all the way through any politician or president, we all are afraid to lose our "place on the chair" and this is why the pyramid still stand.
TertiaParte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2017, 10:43 AM   #42
decode reality
Inactive

But on the other hand, becoming awake or enlightened is a life journey, a spiritual journey. It doesn't mean being informed of lots of conspiracies that are really just another way of saying that there are corrupt people in positions of power. Whilst it's important to know, being aware of that doesn't change anything. Hasn't changed anything. The conspiracy world has reduced the concept of enlightenment to bravado sloganeering about 9/11 or globalists, and doesn't really want change because it wouldn't have any conspiracies (real or imagined) to rail against.

For any who might take issue with these views, simply look at what happened with Brexit, as one example alone. So many people who voted out were soon saying "the elite engineered this". When you see the whole world as a conspiracy, there's no victory at the end because "they" ultimately control everything.

Last edited by decode reality; 15-07-2017 at 11:02 AM.
decode reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2017, 11:01 AM   #43
decode reality
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TertiaParte View Post
You are not missing the problem. No need to say "sorry". Your view is correct. We are far from being "awake". But what I am sure of is that the awakening comes from within. Do not expect it might come from any other source. I am not British and in my country of origin was not different. Even worse at times. Main stream media or alternative media are made of people. People need money for living. So all tight somehow to the necessity of "selling" what the mass want to hear rather than, for "political correctness", saying things for what they are. Always afraid of offending one part or another. Nothing will change till we carry on with this hypocrite philosophy. If you read my posts around you will see through the lines that fear of offending somehow somebody, is the last of my worries. I already know that, being a very pragmatic person, my pragmatism will always offend someone. When we get offended, we just try to avoid the annoying chance we may be wrong. When we are afraid of offending, we do not say what we really think. If we all would start from this, in my opinion, we would see much better the things for what they really are and the World would be a much better place for all of us. From ourselves to the Pope all the way through any politician or president, we all are afraid to lose our "place on the chair" and this is why the pyramid still stand.
Thanks for your response. There are now more lobbies, safety nets, organisations etc to address various social ills, which is a sign that we've moved forward in some areas. But this "caring" can go too far, and end up creating more division and tension. And to create more victims, rather than empowered people. This is what political correctness has achieved.

The one positive thing I'll say for the alt-media is that it at least is more of an open forum to address issues that in mainstream you would get castigated and character assassinated for.

Last edited by decode reality; 15-07-2017 at 11:03 AM.
decode reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2017, 12:28 PM   #44
TertiaParte

Quote:
Originally Posted by decode reality View Post
Thanks for your response. There are now more lobbies, safety nets, organisations etc to address various social ills, which is a sign that we've moved forward in some areas. But this "caring" can go too far, and end up creating more division and tension. And to create more victims, rather than empowered people. This is what political correctness has achieved.

The one positive thing I'll say for the alt-media is that it at least is more of an open forum to address issues that in mainstream you would get castigated and character assassinated for.
Thank you for the dialogue. I use the media for knowing my enemy. Then I use my brain for filtering asking myself "why" of things. As David says, connecting the dots. This "caring" has already gone too far. instead of taking charge of our responsibility, we build groups of protesters for discharging our responsibility on someone else causing only more mess and despair. We assume to have the right for everything forgetting that the right has to be deserved. For the vast majority of people the idea is that they have the right to everything in name of "equality" forgetting that is not a matter of right but opportunity. We have the right of opportunities for who deserves them because, let's face it, we are not all "equal". A lot of people cannot see further than their own nose. It is duty of who can to help them to go further. I am not a genius but I try, in my little, to leave behind a better world spreading the message on, what I call, "anti-social media". We should gather and do it together instead of carrying on "biting our own tail" in this forum. We should use this platform for exchanging our opinion but at the same time we should start to spread such opinions for opening the eyes of who is still blind about this matter.
Old 16-07-2017, 06:43 PM   #45
techman

I like that term "antisocial media", because thats exactly what social media sites are, they are anything but social.

As the question whether we are waking up, my answer would be NO we are not. The reason why I feel that is that we seem to be carrying on as normal as though we're our lives as they were 15-20 years ago despite the constant intrusion of privacy we experience more and more on a daily basis, not to mention all the constant rolling out of more security checks and so on in the excuse "there might be a bomb" brainwashing crap that people seem to put up with.

If we were waking up people by now should be fighting against the big brother intrusive fascist state, but we're not.

Last edited by techman; 16-07-2017 at 06:44 PM.
techman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2017, 07:27 PM   #46
TertiaParte

Quote:
Originally Posted by techman View Post
I like that term "antisocial media", because thats exactly what social media sites are, they are anything but social.

As the question whether we are waking up, my answer would be NO we are not. The reason why I feel that is that we seem to be carrying on as normal as though we're our lives as they were 15-20 years ago despite the constant intrusion of privacy we experience more and more on a daily basis, not to mention all the constant rolling out of more security checks and so on in the excuse "there might be a bomb" brainwashing crap that people seem to put up with.

If we were waking up people by now should be fighting against the big brother intrusive fascist state, but we're not.
Hi Techman. Have you noticed too how they have well-structured the interface making so difficult to keep up with a dialogue? Facebook allows you at least long posts but twitter only few words. Result? No dialogue and very superficial “declarations”. Intellectual atrophy 1 – Intellectual growth 0. No, you are right, we are not waking up. In fact, Twitter is getting bigger than Facebook. I am in both trying to propel a message and test on myself how can it work. It doesn’t. Everything around is meant to generate confusion and fear with the aim of control. If you go on Youtube and read the comments below the videos, you realize immediately the low level of intellect that engulf the transmission of who tries to do something good of it. More stupid and funny is the comment, more likes and replies you find. Intellectual atrophy 2 – Intellectual growth 0.
So, I decided that I will work one way only. Information and filtering from one side, elaboration and seeding from the other. Until I will get banned. I know it is not a lot, but I must do something. I cannot leave my daughter without trying. We all should do a little. Together would become a lot. They want us to fight each other on stupid things. They are afraid that we stop to fight the person and start to fight his idea and the ignorance where such idea grows.