Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > New Members Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2014, 11:48 PM   #21
doubleaaa
Inactive
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 43
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Thats why Im gonna ban my kids from watching TV. Its like porn.
doubleaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 02:00 AM   #22
rooey
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 3,862
Likes: 667 (477 Posts)
Default

human subconscious can take in 25 million bits on information per second or something..


now for the first 6 years or something of the childs life, their subconcious is being formed.. so perhaps this might be more or less.. either way.. what children are exposed to in the beginning of their life is vitally important in forming a healthy subconscious.. obviously the cunts in charge know this and there for every single piece of children's entertainment is a manipulative piece of crap.


its so sad when I see parents enjoying shows with their children, which are fucking beyond retarded.. dora the explorer, adventure time, peppa pig, teletubbies.. all of its is programming your children to be sloppy little shits.. however I guess it would be hard, as most of the time, their is probably a partner who isnt so worried about exposing children to all this horrible shit and that makes it even harder on the adult who is sensible..

with my current GF raising children would be a nightmare.. ugh its painful thought
__________________

Last edited by rooey; 09-12-2014 at 02:01 AM.
rooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 06:21 AM   #23
fishonwheels
Senior Member
 
fishonwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,201
Likes: 12 (12 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleaaa View Post
Thats why Im gonna ban my kids from watching TV. Its like porn.
No my friend. U see ppl around in swimsuits all the time and not just ugly ppl, and internet more dangerous than tv. U'd have to ban ur sons from swimming and from life as we know it, and homeschool them so they dont end up with their teachers.
fishonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 09:37 PM   #24
sourceknown
Inactive
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 72
Likes: 3 (2 Posts)
Default

Best to ignore this kind of stuff, where you take your minds will determine what does or does not get done.

Consider that you have time and then consider what you do with it, do you want to work towards being self sufficient and independent or do you want to try and figure out what those who oppress you are up to?

The elites are weakest in our own lives, because of pure neglect. So it makes sense that we should try to create positive change in our own lives, not fight those who oppose change, where they are strongest!

We need safe air, water and food, we also need shelter and clothing. How do we go about acquiring them for ourselves and avoiding a system that oppresses and exploits us?

I would definitely shag Katy Perry, after as few as 6 pints of vodka. However, this kind of distraction should be ignored!
sourceknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:31 PM   #25
fishonwheels
Senior Member
 
fishonwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,201
Likes: 12 (12 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourceknown View Post
Best to ignore this kind of stuff, where you take your minds will determine what does or does not get done.

Consider that you have time and then consider what you do with it, do you want to work towards being self sufficient and independent or do you want to try and figure out what those who oppress you are up to?

The elites are weakest in our own lives, because of pure neglect. So it makes sense that we should try to create positive change in our own lives, not fight those who oppose change, where they are strongest!

We need safe air, water and food, we also need shelter and clothing. How do we go about acquiring them for ourselves and avoiding a system that oppresses and exploits us?

I would definitely shag Katy Perry, after as few as 6 pints of vodka. However, this kind of distraction should be ignored!
Like ur other pts but come on, you can do alot worse than KP. Credit where it's due and even Russel had his fun.
fishonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2014, 08:16 AM   #26
jhar26
Senior Member
 
jhar26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Belgium
Posts: 906
Likes: 761 (385 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by captmikeg View Post
To me---most of the music that is out there today---it hardly resembles any music that has ever been around before and is just a part of the mass distraction, mass delusion, "keep their eyes wide shut" program.

As you say--the music is purely plastic, "throw away" here this second, gone the next----

I don't know if is designed so much for mind-control per se, but it surely is part of the campaign of mass distraction and diversion being waged by "the masters."
While I agree with most of that I also think that people are over-reacting a bit. This is fairly harmless imo. I mean, you can't expect the (mostly very young) target audience that listens to this music to listen to more 'mature' music. It's not as though without the Perry's of the world they would be listening to Joni Mitchell, John Coltrane or Mozart. They would be listening to nothing whatsoever.

But having said that, there's no doubt in my mind that popular music has been in trouble ever since the mid-80's when MTV raised it's ugly head and image became more important than content. Simultaneously we saw the rise of "push button music" where popular music became dominated by synthesizers and drum machines. Not that all this has meant that it's impossible to create some crafty music even within those confines, but if you look at the total picture music has never really recovered since.
jhar26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2014, 10:52 AM   #27
fishonwheels
Senior Member
 
fishonwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,201
Likes: 12 (12 Posts)
Default idk if i should say...

But thank u jhar. I'm perma stuck in the 90's and pretty much hate everyone younger than a certain age and all those below think i so unkewl cuz i dont get down to the katy perry et song or whatever it is they jerk off or give head to. While the contempt is mutual i also realize that i shouldnt rest on my laurels and should instead strive to grow as a person. Is there any good post 90's stuff that will make me cool again, most of all in my own eyes, or at least make me a better person?
fishonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2014, 02:34 PM   #28
jhar26
Senior Member
 
jhar26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Belgium
Posts: 906
Likes: 761 (385 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishonwheels View Post
But thank u jhar. I'm perma stuck in the 90's and pretty much hate everyone younger than a certain age and all those below think i so unkewl cuz i dont get down to the katy perry et song or whatever it is they jerk off or give head to. While the contempt is mutual i also realize that i shouldnt rest on my laurels and should instead strive to grow as a person. Is there any good post 90's stuff that will make me cool again, most of all in my own eyes, or at least make me a better person?
I'm sure there must be. 'Cool' is an almost meaningless word in the context of music imo because what is considered cool today is old hat tomorrow. As for growing as a person - I don't know. As time went on I've added other music, and other types of music, to the ones I was listening to already. I don't know if I have grown as a person because of it. I saw it more as broadening my horizons and expanding my musical taste. But perhaps I have without noticing it myself also grown as a person because of that. I didn't get into it with that in mind though. It was always "am I going to enjoy this?" that was first and foremost on my mind. Having said that, much as I now love classical music and jazz and what have you the popular music that I've grown up with will never leave me. That stuff meant so much to me that it's part of my dna.

Last edited by jhar26; 16-12-2014 at 02:35 PM.
jhar26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2014, 06:33 PM   #29
fishonwheels
Senior Member
 
fishonwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,201
Likes: 12 (12 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhar26 View Post
I'm sure there must be. 'Cool' is an almost meaningless word in the context of music imo because what is considered cool today is old hat tomorrow. As for growing as a person - I don't know. As time went on I've added other music, and other types of music, to the ones I was listening to already. I don't know if I have grown as a person because of it. I saw it more as broadening my horizons and expanding my musical taste. But perhaps I have without noticing it myself also grown as a person because of that. I didn't get into it with that in mind though. It was always "am I going to enjoy this?" that was first and foremost on my mind. Having said that, much as I now love classical music and jazz and what have you the popular music that I've grown up with will never leave me. That stuff meant so much to me that it's part of my dna.
Gtg. Ttyl.

Last edited by fishonwheels; 16-12-2014 at 06:35 PM.
fishonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2014, 08:53 PM   #30
fishonwheels
Senior Member
 
fishonwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,201
Likes: 12 (12 Posts)
Default soliloquay

When you listen to interviews of many successful popular artists you hear they all grew up in musical households. If they didn't have a parent or close relative in the performing business they were surrounded by records and a genuine love for whatever type music they were exposed to. Guy from Red Hot Chili Peppers who now lives in Toronto had parents who loved jazz. Amy Winehouse had a similar upbringing. Contrast that w/ someone like myself or maybe the majority of kids out there who really don't know what music is. We didnt' get to internalize "music" at a young age and often bumble along and buy into whatever is acceptable around us.
fishonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2014, 08:58 PM   #31
alf hearted
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 13,152
Likes: 109 (86 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhar26 View Post
While I agree with most of that I also think that people are over-reacting a bit. This is fairly harmless imo. I mean, you can't expect the (mostly very young) target audience that listens to this music to listen to more 'mature' music. It's not as though without the Perry's of the world they would be listening to Joni Mitchell, John Coltrane or Mozart. They would be listening to nothing whatsoever.

But having said that, there's no doubt in my mind that popular music has been in trouble ever since the mid-80's when MTV raised it's ugly head and image became more important than content. Simultaneously we saw the rise of "push button music" where popular music became dominated by synthesizers and drum machines. Not that all this has meant that it's impossible to create some crafty music even within those confines, but if you look at the total picture music has never really recovered since.
Acid House and the Madchester scene were a return to the DIY days of punk, but once again the establishment came down like a ton of bricks on the venues they used to facillitate their fightback against corporatism.
alf hearted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2014, 09:03 PM   #32
fishonwheels
Senior Member
 
fishonwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,201
Likes: 12 (12 Posts)
Default

Even rappers like C-Lo used to sing in church choirs + prolly majority of R& artists.
fishonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2014, 10:04 PM   #33
jhar26
Senior Member
 
jhar26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Belgium
Posts: 906
Likes: 761 (385 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alf hearted View Post
Acid House and the Madchester scene were a return to the DIY days of punk, but once again the establishment came down like a ton of bricks on the venues they used to facillitate their fightback against corporatism.
When I was groing up every youngster wanted to play guitar or bang on some drums. Now they want to become dj's. I'm astonished by the degree to which dj's have become the 'pop stars' of today.
jhar26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2014, 12:30 AM   #34
fishonwheels
Senior Member
 
fishonwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,201
Likes: 12 (12 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alf hearted View Post
Acid House and the Madchester scene were a return to the DIY days of punk, but once again the establishment came down like a ton of bricks on the venues they used to facillitate their fightback against corporatism.
u mean like citing regulations and noise complaints?
fishonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2014, 12:33 AM   #35
fishonwheels
Senior Member
 
fishonwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,201
Likes: 12 (12 Posts)
Default jhar u must be old

The circles i travelled in they did dabble in turntabling. A few did end up releasing albums and at least one is still at it, playing small venues here and there.
fishonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
mainstream music

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:37 PM.


Shoutbox provided by vBShout (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.