Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Health / Natural Healing / Therapies / Nutrition

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2017, 09:07 AM   #1
artmuzz
Senior Member
 
artmuzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,548
Likes: 387 (177 Posts)
Default Pain in heel

I have this awful pain in my left heel which will not go away and is worse when I try to walk. I think the medical name for it is Planter Fasciitis. Is there any natural remedies to treat this without taking pain killers. I tick all the boxes to the people who get heel pain because I walk a lot and I am overweight. Please advise.
__________________
“Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.”

Last edited by artmuzz; 07-12-2017 at 09:07 AM.
artmuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 09:21 AM   #2
Merrylegs
Senior Member
 
Merrylegs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 735
Likes: 118 (70 Posts)
Default

There are exercises that you can do, have a look on the internet, but they take about 6 weeks to have any effect. Using those jell things that you can put in the heal of your shoe might help and you could try wearing trecking socks with reinforced heels.
Other things that might help are soaking your feet in water with epsom salts and massaging your heals with essential oils, mint can help to relieve pain. If it gets really bad try to get your doctor to refer you to a podiatrist who will give you exercises, give you advice on shoes and might give you inserts for your shoes.
I've had this and it is awful especially if you walk a lot.
Merrylegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 09:23 AM   #3
itsallundercontrol
Senior Member
 
itsallundercontrol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,606
Likes: 652 (398 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmuzz View Post
I have this awful pain in my left heel which will not go away and is worse when I try to walk. I think the medical name for it is Planter Fasciitis. Is there any natural remedies to treat this without taking pain killers. I tick all the boxes to the people who get heel pain because I walk a lot and I am overweight. Please advise.
I had a pain in my heel for ages a few years ago. You could try getting a hard tennis ball or jam jar (ball is better) putting on floor and rubbing massaging your heel over it for 10 mins twice a day. It worked for me anyway just took a while.
__________________
Likes: (1)
itsallundercontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 09:38 AM   #4
Merrylegs
Senior Member
 
Merrylegs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 735
Likes: 118 (70 Posts)
Default

Oh I got a spikey ball of amazon, it was less than £2, it is supposed to massage the reflexology points on the soles of you feet if you roll it under your foot, I found that it helps a lot for foot pain, there are some dog toys like this that might work just as well they sometimes sell them in pound shops.
Product Details
Fitness-Mad Spikey Massage Ball
by Pilates-Mad
£1.94 - £12.00Prime
Eligible for FREE UK Delivery
Some sizes/colours are Prime eligible
4.4 out of 5 stars 277
Product Description
... These small spikey massage balls are used to release tight .
Merrylegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 09:42 AM   #5
Merrylegs
Senior Member
 
Merrylegs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 735
Likes: 118 (70 Posts)
Default

Oh an you could try applying something cold to your heals, like a bag of frozen vegetables,
you can get packs that you can put in the freezer to use, again from pound shops.
Merrylegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 09:46 AM   #6
artmuzz
Senior Member
 
artmuzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,548
Likes: 387 (177 Posts)
Default

Thanks for the advise.

I have tried the tennis ball but it is very painful on my heel when I roll the ball under my foot. I tried massaging the foot and around the affected heel and it kind of brings some relief but the pain starts again.

I wouldn't mind if I only felt the pain whilst walking but I am feeling the pain all the time even when lying in bed.

What a nightmare week I have had. First I get the weird low rumbling tinnitus in my ears, then I have an episode of dizziness then I get screaming high pitched tinnitus in my right ear which lasted all,afternoon and now this. I try to eat healthy and do a lot of walking even though I don't sleep well since the dizziness attack.
__________________
“Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.”

Last edited by artmuzz; 07-12-2017 at 09:49 AM.
artmuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 10:06 AM   #7
oz93666
Senior Member
 
oz93666's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: UK citizen living in Thailand jungle
Posts: 6,808
Likes: 3,217 (1,722 Posts)
Default

I don't know about pain in the heel ...what about pain in the arse ...

I've run out of sympathy ...just scanned through your recent threads ..

panic attacks ... trouble sleeping ...low pitch humming in your ears ....tinnitus (ringing in the ears) .... troubling dreams ...talking to yourself ... excessive sweating ...sleep apnea(trouble breathing during sleep) ....overweight problem .....lower back pain

And then there's your threads about.... family feuds ... trouble in supermarkets ...trouble with kids letting off fireworks .....trouble with DHS cutting off your money ... trouble with headphones in curries .....

These are just your recent threads ...I only looked at perhaps the most recent 10%!!!

Until you take your health seriously nothing will change , there is no advice , or quick fix .. your post today say you are still overweight ....

There must be other forums better suited to your needs ...

Sorry if this post seems a tiny bit unsympathetic.
oz93666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 10:32 AM   #8
artmuzz
Senior Member
 
artmuzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,548
Likes: 387 (177 Posts)
Default

Who the hell do you think you are talking to me like that. Just reading your reply proves to me what sort of person you really are. I have reported your post. I am going through a tough time and the last I need is reading negative posts. I know I can be a bit of a hypochondriac but it is hard when suffering depression and anxiety and I look for a bit of reassurance.
__________________
“Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.”

Last edited by artmuzz; 07-12-2017 at 10:35 AM.
artmuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 10:36 AM   #9
Merrylegs
Senior Member
 
Merrylegs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 735
Likes: 118 (70 Posts)
Default

I have had the pain in the heal and it was awful. I had to rest my foot on a pillow in bed. I made the mistake of taking a lot of ibuprofen and ended up with rheumatoid arthritis, which for me was a complete physical breakdown, I blame it on the ibuprofen, but to be honest I needed a long rest and a complete lifestyle change. I have implemented changes slowly and my health is improving but looking back I needed the illness to review my life. you sound a bit like the same thing is happening to you.
Merrylegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 10:54 AM   #10
artmuzz
Senior Member
 
artmuzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,548
Likes: 387 (177 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrylegs View Post
I have had the pain in the heal and it was awful. I had to rest my foot on a pillow in bed. I made the mistake of taking a lot of ibuprofen and ended up with rheumatoid arthritis, which for me was a complete physical breakdown, I blame it on the ibuprofen, but to be honest I needed a long rest and a complete lifestyle change. I have implemented changes slowly and my health is improving but looking back I needed the illness to review my life. you sound a bit like the same thing is happening to you.
Thanks for your reply and I am glad you aren't like that idiot oz93666.

I don't really take any pain killers as I am not too keen on pharmaceutical medication and that was the reason I created a post here because I know some DI forum members know about herbal and natural remedies.

I know the only way to make things better is probably to change my lifestyle even though I do a lot of exercises and I try to eat healthy.

It is just a pity that this forum has to have heartless, smug idiots like oz93666
__________________
“Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.”
artmuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 11:22 AM   #11
oz93666
Senior Member
 
oz93666's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: UK citizen living in Thailand jungle
Posts: 6,808
Likes: 3,217 (1,722 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmuzz View Post
I know the only way to make things better is probably to change my lifestyle even though I do a lot of exercises and I try to eat healthy.

It is just a pity that this forum has to have heartless, smug idiots like oz93666
Sorry you didn't like my post , art ... I'm not smug ...I have my share of problems , just like everyone , but I don't think this forum is the place to talk about them

I just saw a pattern in your threads , getting lots of sympathy and it was not changing your situation ... I thought I'd try a bit of tough love .

Life is a constant effort to stay afloat , I know this better than anyone.
oz93666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 11:28 AM   #12
artmuzz
Senior Member
 
artmuzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,548
Likes: 387 (177 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz93666 View Post
Sorry you didn't like my post , art ... I'm not smug ...I have my share of problems , just like everyone , but I don't think this forum is the place to talk about them

I just saw a pattern in your threads , getting lots of sympathy and it was not changing your situation ... I thought I'd try a bit of tough love .

Life is a constant effort to stay afloat , I know this better than anyone.
Well, I thought this was the whole purpose of this section of the forum hence the reason I put my problems in the health section or the help,and support section which is only read by members.

If you are sick and tired of me mentioning my problems then you shouldn't of read them and just ignored them instead of posting what you thought of me which was very hurtful considering I am suffering emotional fragility.

If you could edit your post then I will edit my post to your reply. If not, then can any moderator do it.

@getagrip. (Or any other moderator) Could you please remove that negative post of oz93666 and I will edit my replies to this poster
__________________
“Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.”

Last edited by artmuzz; 07-12-2017 at 11:36 AM.
artmuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 12:07 PM   #13
getagrip
Forum Advisor
 
getagrip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 17,866
Likes: 5,040 (2,668 Posts)
Default

You are correct in saying that this section is for people to share problems or perhaps better put would be to say, look for advice.

I honestly don't believe that oz was in any way trying to be malicious in his reply.

People who read your posts will be aware that the many, many issues you write about are directly related to your mental health issues.

Sometimes it is hard to listen to what others have to say and I do appreciate that you, op, are possibly living day to day with heightened emotions which would make anyone over sensitive.

As this is a discussion forum, and people may come to your posts because they can relate to them either as a person who is suffering from MH issues or is coping with a loved one who has them then discussions such as this are worthwhile.
I really do think that the honesty oz has shown in his reply to you is a reaction that others coping day to day as one of the above, can relate to.

Going to dark places and facing yourself is the hardest thing to do but if you are posting on here looking for real help then maybe Oz is actually doing something very positive?

Until you tackle the root cause of your anxiety and come to terms with it, then let it go - You will always be suffering with ailment after aliment.

I do empathise with you op but at the end of the day, it is only you, yourself who will be the cure.
__________________
'There is no more neutrality in the world. You either have to be part of the solution, or you're going to be part of the problem.'

***
~ An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind ~ ***


Last edited by getagrip; 07-12-2017 at 12:08 PM.
getagrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 12:23 PM   #14
iamawaveofthesea
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 19,019
Likes: 10,447 (5,935 Posts)
Default

As creatures that walk on two legs all our weight is transferred down through our feet

The heavier we are the more pressure is going to be transferred down through our feet

Perhaps you could set yourself some new year resolutions?

For example cutting out all fizzy drinks. they're full of sugar and aspartame which is a neurotoxin associated with many of the health problems you list

Water is not flouridated in scotland where you live or recycled many times like say down in london. Your tapwater should be good to drink. Drink lots of it!

Processed food i think is one of the main culprits behind britains growing waistline. If you can ditch foods with long lists of ingredients on the back and instead buy the basic produce and then cook it you're guaranteed to see benefits. There are lots of recepies for free on the internet. I think the BBC provides some on their site. Throw your microwave away as it destroys the nutritional value in food

The corporations will not provide you with healthy eating alternatives....its not in their game plan so only you can look out for yourself

If walking is painful then cycling can take the weight off your feet and lessen impact on your joints until you shed weight and are able to walk further again.

With exercise comes happy hormones, improved self esteem and general wellbeing
__________________
''You're free to get as offended as you like''- Mark Passio

“If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” –George Orwell

Last edited by iamawaveofthesea; 07-12-2017 at 12:27 PM.
iamawaveofthesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 12:30 PM   #15
artmuzz
Senior Member
 
artmuzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,548
Likes: 387 (177 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamawaveofthesea View Post
As creatures that walk on two legs all our weight is transferred down through our feet

The heavier we are the more pressure is going to be transferred down through our feet

Perhaps you could set yourself some new year resolutions?

For example cutting out all fizzy drinks. they're full of sugar and aspartame which is a neurotoxin associated with many of the health problems you list

Water is not flouridated in scotland where you live or recycled many times like say down in london. Your tapwater should be good to drink. Drink lots of it!

Processed food i think is one of the main culprits behind britains growing waistline. If you can ditch foods with long lists of ingredients on the back and instead buy the basic produce and then cook it you're guaranteed to see benefits. There are lots of recepies for free on the internet. I think the BBC provides some on their site. Throw your microwave away as it destroys the nutritional value in food

The corporations will not provide you with healthy eating alternatives....its not in their game plan so only you can look out for yourself

If walking is painful then cycling can take the weight off your feet and lessen impact on your joints until you shed weight and are able to walk further again.

With exercise comes happy hormones, improved self esteem and general wellbeing
I don't drink any fizzy drinks and I don't consume much sugar. I try to eat healthy. The only junk foods I eat are the occasional Indian take always, chirizo sausage and crisps. I try to drink plenty of water and eat fruit and veg. Exercise wise when I am not walking I go cycling.
__________________
“Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.”

Last edited by artmuzz; 07-12-2017 at 12:38 PM.
artmuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 12:35 PM   #16
artmuzz
Senior Member
 
artmuzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,548
Likes: 387 (177 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by getagrip View Post
You are correct in saying that this section is for people to share problems or perhaps better put would be to say, look for advice.

I honestly don't believe that oz was in any way trying to be malicious in his reply.

People who read your posts will be aware that the many, many issues you write about are directly related to your mental health issues.

Sometimes it is hard to listen to what others have to say and I do appreciate that you, op, are possibly living day to day with heightened emotions which would make anyone over sensitive.

As this is a discussion forum, and people may come to your posts because they can relate to them either as a person who is suffering from MH issues or is coping with a loved one who has them then discussions such as this are worthwhile.
I really do think that the honesty oz has shown in his reply to you is a reaction that others coping day to day as one of the above, can relate to.

Going to dark places and facing yourself is the hardest thing to do but if you are posting on here looking for real help then maybe Oz is actually doing something very positive?

Until you tackle the root cause of your anxiety and come to terms with it, then let it go - You will always be suffering with ailment after aliment.

I do empathise with you op but at the end of the day, it is only you, yourself who will be the cure.
Yeah I know that it is only me who can cure myself and my problems but I look to this forum for reassurance even though it is false expectations. It is just that oz could of been a lot more diplomatic with his reply instead of calling me a pain in the arse.

I am not asking for much wanting you to atleast edit his post but you aren't doing that.
__________________
“Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.”

Last edited by artmuzz; 07-12-2017 at 12:39 PM.
artmuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 12:44 PM   #17
iamawaveofthesea
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 19,019
Likes: 10,447 (5,935 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmuzz View Post
I don't drink any fizzy drinks and I don't consume much sugar. I try to eat healthy. The only junk foods I eat are the occasional Indian take always, chirizo sausage and crisps. Exercise wise when I am not walking I go cycling.
Ok had you considered making your own curries? The shop bought ones are full of oil....like tons of it

Chorizo is damn tasty but if you look on the back of the packet it will probably contain preservatives like sodium nitrate and/or sodium nitrite which i believe cause cancer. A lot of foods are demonised these days when really it is what is being put into the food as additives that are causing the problems

If you go into garages or newsagents and even the coop they have a lot of E numbers in their food to preserve it as it sits on the shelves. Try and avoid that stuff. If you're gonna eat chorizo maybe make it an occaisional thing as a treat as part of a meal?

God only knows whats in most of the crisps...

The 4 things to look out for are:
-preservatives
-flavourings
-sweetners
-colourings

often a product will say ''no artificial sweetners or preservatives''. Ok but why didn't they mention flavourings and colourings? or they'll say ''no artificial flavourings, colourings or sweetners''. Ok but what about the preservatives?

likely its because they have stuck artificial flavourings or preservatives in the product. So by saying it doesn't have such and such in it they are trying to mask the fact that it still has other nasties in it

Have a look at packets....you'll start to spot stuff. For example you might note that it says in the ingredients 'flavourings'. Ok but what the hell are those flavourings? 'Flavourings' could be anything couldn't they? they could be ground up toenails for all you know! So if you can't identify something in a food or if they're vague about something consider putting it back on the shelf and going for something else

I don't know about you but i find crisps very more-ish so that if i have them i eat them! So i only occaisionally buy them. Ones like doritos have monosodium glutomate in them which is a neurotoxin artficial sweetner. A lot of fast food chinese food has MSG in it as well. A lot of crisps have flavourings in them that fool your taste buds into thinking that you are eating food when you aren't eg pringles

Healthier snacks could include organic oatcakes (oats give you slow release energy) and cheese; sadly the cheeses that are made with raw milk in this country all seem to be pretty plain swiss ones and i don't think that's done without a reason

They want us consuming pasteurised milk and cheese where the milk was heated to such a high temperature that it has denatured the proteins in the milk and then they homogenise it which means putting it under centrofugal forces to seperate out the buttermilk ie a lot of the stuff your body might like!
__________________
''You're free to get as offended as you like''- Mark Passio

“If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” –George Orwell

Last edited by iamawaveofthesea; 07-12-2017 at 01:15 PM.
iamawaveofthesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 01:24 PM   #18
oz93666
Senior Member
 
oz93666's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: UK citizen living in Thailand jungle
Posts: 6,808
Likes: 3,217 (1,722 Posts)
Default

I agree with waveofthesea putting emphasis on diet ... it seems to me all problems spring from this , from mental issues to pains in the heel ...

The Scottish are notorious for their bad diet , You may think you've made great improvements , but I doubt if I would eat it what you do ...

I urge you to focus just on this area , perhaps try fasting , just 24 hrs with no food .. raw food , unprocessed food , it will take an effort ..

We all eat too much. Reduction in quantity will go a long way.
oz93666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 01:32 PM   #19
iamawaveofthesea
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 19,019
Likes: 10,447 (5,935 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz93666 View Post
The Scottish are notorious for their bad diet
We used to subsist on a healthy diet of oats, raw milk, homegrown veggies, fresh meat and the odd splash of home made whiskey

The english satirist Samuel Johnson said about oats: 'A grain which in England is generally given to horses, but in Scotland supports the people.'

His scottish travelling companion james boswell is said to have replied: "Well, maybe that's why in England you have better horses, and in Scotland we have better men".
__________________
''You're free to get as offended as you like''- Mark Passio

“If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” –George Orwell

Last edited by iamawaveofthesea; 07-12-2017 at 01:33 PM.
iamawaveofthesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 03:13 PM   #20
artmuzz
Senior Member
 
artmuzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,548
Likes: 387 (177 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz93666 View Post
I agree with waveofthesea putting emphasis on diet ... it seems to me all problems spring from this , from mental issues to pains in the heel ...

The Scottish are notorious for their bad diet , You may think you've made great improvements , but I doubt if I would eat it what you do ...

I urge you to focus just on this area , perhaps try fasting , just 24 hrs with no food .. raw food , unprocessed food , it will take an effort ..

We all eat too much. Reduction in quantity will go a long way.
It's funny how you go on about diet because my health problems with dizziness, headaches and pains in the heels seems to have got worse since eating marmite. Also I've noticed the ingredients in pasta salad that I buy every lunch time at Tesco seems to read like a book with words that are difficult to pronounce. I do eat a lot of bananas, apples, onions, garlic and wholemeal bread.
__________________
“Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.”
artmuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:35 AM.


Shoutbox provided by vBShout (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.