Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Consciousness / Meditation / Spirituality

Old 26-11-2017, 07:33 PM   #21
the apprentice
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe418 View Post
In my life the idea of ceasing to exist in any way would have been a great release
I like that anology, A Great Release, but leaving a cabable following to carry on thereafter.
the apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2017, 08:55 PM   #22
trebor8

I think, death to many people mistakenly fear the unkown, when it's really/probably the fear of losing what we do know
trebor8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2017, 09:31 PM   #23
the mighty zhiba
Forum Advisor

Do not worry about what will happen when you die.

Worrying will not change what will happen, but it will turn your life into a hell.

What will come will come, make the most of the things you can till that time

Father Ted:
No Dougal, that wasn't mad. That's when our Lord got a few bits of food together and made lots of food, and everyone had dinner.
the mighty zhiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2017, 09:50 PM   #24
oneriver

Quote:
So this is it (just blackness after death)??
I don't believe so. If you are a spark/soul then you are essentially an eternal limitless being and there is no such thing as 'death', only transformation (restoration) or recycling again in the death trap that passes for what we like to call life.

Those who do not have a divine spark/soul will at death, have their energy returned to it's source, but they do not retain individual consciousness whereas divine sparks/souls do.

Everything is upside and back to front remember, so this life is actually a living death as we are born to die over and over again, yet we are told this is living.

All we have to do is to truly see through the illusion and then focus our intent on escaping the trap at death and returning to limitlessness while trying to remain calm, kind and creative during the rest of your natural lifespan.

Also good to practice focus now so that you can easily direct your soul/spark away from the reincarnation trap at the time of death.

Do you believe we have souls/sparks?
“Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time?" That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains, everywhere and that the present only exists for it, not the shadow of the past nor the shadow of the future.” ? Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

http://www.thedivinesecretgarden.com/tdsg-access.html
oneriver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2017, 12:39 AM   #25
decim

You don't remember being born, you don't remember dying.
DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional, for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of organisation entity living, dead or in any other state of existence are coincidental. Any opinion, comment or statements related or attributed to this username are not necessarily nor implied to be those held by the ip/computer/username or other electronic media device or service owner/user.
decim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2017, 12:46 AM   #26
surfer12

You don't remember falling asleep before being born.

You don't remember waking up after dying.
God is pure and does not approve of evil. The word "rah" (evil) in Hebrew does not mean evil in the moral sense. Contextually, when God speaks of creating evil, he is speaking of the calamities that he brings upon the enemies of his purpose.
surfer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2017, 12:47 AM   #27
tinfoil hat

I'm hoping for a respawn
Old 27-11-2017, 04:50 AM   #28
mranderson

is this an Eric Idle moment ?
Old 27-11-2017, 02:18 PM   #29
elizaaroo

i'm just

i don't want to be seperated away from my loved ones, i sorta had a passive belief in the afterlife and i was comforted knowing i'd always be .. well around love and that , i'm sorry if this thread is a bit nnf

this is causing me a huge crisis right now , i just ... want to know i'll be with loved ones after my body has died ,

i'm reading all the skeptical viewpoints on such and it just looks so bleak, and its just making everything in my life seem... like there is no point, we only live to die ... to be ceased, seperated... etc

Last edited by elizaaroo; 27-11-2017 at 02:19 PM.
elizaaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2017, 02:46 PM   #30
JustMe418

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizaaroo View Post
i'm just

i don't want to be seperated away from my loved ones, i sorta had a passive belief in the afterlife and i was comforted knowing i'd always be .. well around love and that , i'm sorry if this thread is a bit nnf

this is causing me a huge crisis right now , i just ... want to know i'll be with loved ones after my body has died ,

i'm reading all the skeptical viewpoints on such and it just looks so bleak, and its just making everything in my life seem... like there is no point, we only live to die ... to be ceased, seperated... etc
Maybe you should pop into some spiritualist churches and see if they can help you out
I shoot up vertically like an arrow, and become that Above. But it is death, and the flame of the pyre. Ascend in the flame of the pyre, O my soul! Thy God is like the cold emptiness of the utmost heaven, into which thou radiatest thy little light.
JustMe418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2017, 02:47 PM   #31
JustMe418

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8 View Post
I think, death to many people mistakenly fear the unkown, when it's really/probably the fear of losing what we do know
Thats why spiritual training emphasises detachment to the material world and the controlling or overcoming of fear through knowledge and mediation.
I shoot up vertically like an arrow, and become that Above. But it is death, and the flame of the pyre. Ascend in the flame of the pyre, O my soul! Thy God is like the cold emptiness of the utmost heaven, into which thou radiatest thy little light.
Old 27-11-2017, 02:48 PM   #32
JustMe418

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mighty zhiba View Post
Do not worry about what will happen when you die.

Worrying will not change what will happen, but it will turn your life into a hell.

What will come will come, make the most of the things you can till that time
Indeed. People need to make the best of what they have right now rather than worrying about future possibilities, which are rooted in our present anyway.
Old 27-11-2017, 07:11 PM   #33
mranderson

Quote:
i'm just

Quote:
i'm reading all the skeptical viewpoints on such
that the skeptic should feel compelled to consider the afterlife is a great indication that they also await an answer to a question they cannot yet know

to a skeptic I would say : we are energy first and matter second
Old 30-11-2017, 01:17 PM   #34
elizaaroo

there just seems so much .. back and forward, abeit the skeptics seem to have a really damn solid ground

i dont know who to trust

is it really just a whole case of we do not know? sorry if repetitive, i've been kind of searching obsessively for nearly 2 weeks, to the point i am eating very little and enjoying my life really little (should i try get help?)

i mean, if we are energy and the thermodynamic law says we cant be destroyed then its logical we go on, once our bodies have broken down? i dont know

Last edited by elizaaroo; 30-11-2017 at 01:17 PM.
elizaaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 10:49 PM   #35
murkyfogsfuturelogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneriver View Post
I don't believe so. If you are a spark/soul then you are essentially an eternal limitless being and there is no such thing as 'death', only transformation (restoration) or recycling again in the death trap that passes for what we like to call life.

Those who do not have a divine spark/soul will at death, have their energy returned to it's source, but they do not retain individual consciousness whereas divine sparks/souls do.

Everything is upside and back to front remember, so this life is actually a living death as we are born to die over and over again, yet we are told this is living.

All we have to do is to truly see through the illusion and then focus our intent on escaping the trap at death and returning to limitlessness while trying to remain calm, kind and creative during the rest of your natural lifespan.

Also good to practice focus now so that you can easily direct your soul/spark away from the reincarnation trap at the time of death.

Do you believe we have souls/sparks?
I've read a few of your posts and some of the points you make seemingly have parallels in gnosticism.

Back on topic.

Does life have to be a trap? Can we not create heaven or some semblance of it on earth? I think it's possible if humanity were somehow collectively organised to put our minds and will into bringing it about.

In creating a semblance of heaven on earth, if life is a trap at least it would be one that could be enjoyed by most and made bearable for the rest.

Last edited by murkyfogsfuturelogs; 03-12-2017 at 12:01 AM.
murkyfogsfuturelogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 11:41 PM   #36
trebor8

Quote:
there just seems so much .. back and forward, abeit the skeptics seem to have a really damn solid ground

i dont know who to trust

is it really just a whole case of we do not know? sorry if repetitive, i've been kind of searching obsessively for nearly 2 weeks, to the point i am eating very little and enjoying my life really little (should i try get help?)

i mean, if we are energy and the thermodynamic law says we cant be destroyed then its logical we go on, once our bodies have broken down? i dont know
Your problem as I think, is your not living in the real world. You're alive you're not dead, therefore you must be fearing your minds imagination not death. Mind doesnt know what death is like, so it imagines blackness and thus the ensuing fear.
So come back to reality, you're alive not dead
trebor8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 02:28 PM   #37
size_of_light

Quote:
sorry if this is bad but i just need to rant

looks like, after having to survive hypochondria.. learning of things that can kill you in the most horrific ways (brain hemmorhage, etc)

i just learn that there is nothing after death, i'm to be locked up into eternal darkness, severed from all of the people i love, destroyed, ... no love or anything, just prisoned

i guess it does say i should enjoy what i got now but, thiss just makes everything so meaningless , i dont know,

i hope i didn't post this in the wrong forum but i needed to let it out ... i don't think i'll ever be the same again... just
Dying and then vanishing forever as though you'd taken a kick-ass anesthetic and blanked out into nothingness would be awesome! If I thought that was what happened I'd be ecstatic and would run amok.

That approximately 100% of self-proclaimed materialists and 'atheists' don't murder everybody they can and/or blow their own brains out proves that there is some innate sense in human beings that things don't begin and end with this annoying meatsack.

'Atheists are deadshits' as some comedian I can't remember once said.

The unsubstantiated, aggressive conviction in non-existence after death is a weird mental disorder.

Last edited by size_of_light; 06-12-2017 at 02:46 PM.
size_of_light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 02:58 PM   #38
surfer12

Hamlet:
To be, or not to be--that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles
And by opposing end them. To die, to sleep--
No more--and by a sleep to say we end
The heartache, and the thousand natural shocks
That flesh is heir to. 'Tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wished. To die, to sleep--
To sleep--perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub,
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause. There's the respect
That makes calamity of so long life.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_be,_or_not_to_be
God is pure and does not approve of evil. The word "rah" (evil) in Hebrew does not mean evil in the moral sense. Contextually, when God speaks of creating evil, he is speaking of the calamities that he brings upon the enemies of his purpose.
surfer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 04:46 AM   #39
fromthatshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe418 View Post
In my life the idea of ceasing to exist in any way would have been a great release
Agree totally. This is a great thread.

Whether we call it existence or nonexistence after death, it's nothing to be afraid of.
fromthatshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 06:15 PM   #40
cody2

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneriver View Post

I didn't know it was possible to be human and not have a divine spark/soul.....
cody2 is offline   Reply With Quote