Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News

Old 05-01-2014, 02:19 PM   #41
monklink

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser View Post
Its just clicked into place for me, thanks to Max Kiesers guest Chris Cooke just saying now that gas will be the worlds reserve currency.

Chris is on in the second half of the show but its all worth watching: http://rt.com/shows/keiser-report/ep...ax-keiser-672/
Thanks Kaiser good link. I liked Max's description of Fracking as "Cannibalism" (9:56). Here are a couple of quotes from the second half...
Quote:
My take on it is that we're going to move from the era of the Dollar-economy and Dollar-politics to Energy-economics and Energy-cooperation. We're hearing that from Zanjarni, from Iran; he talks about Energy-diplomacy and Max he means it! Y'know he certainly means it... if you look back through the Cold War, the Russians were reliably pumping oil and gas to the West - it never stopped...

At the moment Oil is priced against the Dollar and then Gas is priced against Oil (but that's now breaking down). I'm saying that in the future we're going to see Oil AND the Dollar priced against Gas because Gas is Gas is Gas... it's homogenous its the same almost wherever you are. So Oil, you have different grades of Oil...
There were a couple of points they didn't really touch on. One is the value to corporations of disposing of hazardous/toxic chemicals. The other major one is the assumption that you get more GasCoins out of a Frack well than you put in. IMO most unconventional wells are likely to be energy-negative and hence there is a game of offloading those that are (how should we say?) subprime.
monklink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 02:47 PM   #42
monklink

Thumbs up Tpv

Incidentally good to see Sonia from TPV visiting Barton Moss. Makes a change to see a reporter with some challenging views on the underlying agenda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olCQVWpBFfY

I'd say more media coverage from the frontline defo needed.
Old 08-01-2014, 03:20 PM   #43
monklink

Default new era of energy politics

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser View Post
Its not for the common good of man thats clear, its for profit first or so it appears...
Perhaps a big part of why Iceland has been able to bounce back from the economic attack is that it has its own independent energy supplies (predominantly Geothermal).

I think that what we are seeing at the moment in the UK is a war over the resources of the residents by the big players in Energy technology. The aging coal-fired power stations are the remnants of our own British technology that Thatcher deliberately wrecked. We could import gas from Russia, but the Americans won't like this. The Nuclear technology is predominantly French, but the Japanese also have a lot of expertise. The Renewables German, although a lot of Solar PV panels come from China.

It's interesting that having been pro-Europe for so long, there is now suddenly an anti stance from the likes of Cameron (with a controlled opposition in the form of Farage). When they talk about "Energy Independence" and "Energy Security" that's the last thing they want the people to have.

Last edited by monklink; 08-01-2014 at 03:21 PM.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:21 AM   #44
herbes

Quote:
Originally Posted by monklink View Post
I once heard the process of Fracking described as trying to get alcohol in a pub by extracting it from the carpets. Surely its an incredibly energy intensive process? By the time you've drilled, lined, fractured, refined and distributed its hard to see where the net fuel gain comes from?

I'm wondering whether the corporate profits come from the stuff being dumped underground rather than any fuel scavenged?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lG4u6VgQlE

Perhaps the idea is to profiteer from the last few clean water reserves? The share values of mineral water companies will make interesting monitoring.
bang on the money there
http://www.nbcnews.com/science/scien...ste-2D11732363

YOU ARE NOT FREE BY BEING ON HERE
herbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 06:34 PM   #45
monklink

Thanks Herbes, check out post #19.
===
Balcombe Log Protectors acquitted (of obstructing highway).

http://investigatingbalcombeandcuadr...protest-trial/

Meanwhile GMP continue to harass old ladies for "obstructing the highway" (in a lane that is signposted as being a public footpath).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8ANT1J8yeM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9apJTVUULbU
Old 24-01-2014, 09:11 AM   #46
monklink

Thumbs down misleading headlines

Quote:
Cuadrilla scraps plan to frack at Balcombe site

The company was expecting to and did indeed find oil in the Micrite. However, without flow testing Cuadrilla cannot be sure at what rate the oil may flow to the surface. The new application to flow test includes revised planning boundary lines showing the extent of the horizontal well being tested, and will effectively cover the same well testing work scope that was permitted activity in Cuadrilla's previous planning permission. These proposed flow testing operations are significantly smaller in scope than drilling operations.
http://www.davidicke.com/headlines/c...balcombe-site/

Putting in a new application to "flow test" seems inconsistent with plans to "scrap fracking". It's like the Boston Strangler slipping his clammy hands around your neck.
Quote:
Along with the operational drilling success achieved at Balcombe the well also confirmed the presence of hydrocarbons. Whilst further testing will be required to determine flow rates, Andrew Quarles, Cuadrilla’s Exploration Director said that “the well was a success and we are very encouraged by the findings so far.”

Francis Egan, Cuadrilla CEO, said: “The well is now closed off for the coming months as Cuadrilla applies for planning permission to come back and test flow rates. We appreciate that the Balcombe community has had to bear the strain of protest, as have our on-site and support team and contractors. We commend West Sussex County Council and the Police for both facilitating peaceful protest and preserving order.”
http://www.cuadrillaresources.com/ne...ombe-drilling/
Old 24-01-2014, 03:01 PM   #47
monklink

Default media manipulation

Just done a YouTube search on "balcombe" and filtered for recently uploaded clips. A channel called "BBCNEWS videoes" has posted several old clips (from the Summer) such as "Balcombe fracking protest 'not damaged Cuadrilla'" and "Scuffle as police disperse anti-fracking protest". These seem to be designed to hide actual recent clips showing acquittals such as this one from visionontv.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yes81wPxLU

Seems highly suspicious (the kind of thing a dodgy PR firm might do) with the emphasis on showing protest as pointless and dangerous.
Old 26-01-2014, 11:40 AM   #48
monklink

Unhappy areas of natural beauty targeted?

Has anybody picked up on the disproportionately high number of applications in National Parks and areas of outstanding natural beauty?
In the UK, the latest one is Fernhurst. http://www.frackfreefernhurst.com/

Here is a very sad case (so take care that is doesn't get you in a slump). A woman is forced to sell her dream farm for a pittance to her neighbour after he leases his land for Fracking.
Quote:
That's what our natural springs look like. It sits on top of the water, it doesn't mix, like oil or methane - I don't know what it is, but that's the same stuff I see in my barn.

This land has no lease on it and we are the only people around here like that. So if Donny can get 230 for my house; I am not giving mine away for 215! I'm not giving it away Bob! If word gets out at 225, we'll still have some interest, but it's gonna tamper the interest. I'm not gonna walk out of here with my T-shirt and Jeans and that's it! 'Cos I didn't start this Fracking war y'know. I'm telling ya. I didn't start it and I shouldn't have to pay for it. An' I'm not gonna walk out of here flat broke because my stupid neighbours decided they want to make a dollar.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2kiL0TNz9E

I can't help but wonder what the consequences of large conurbations becoming massively devalued is? Presumably we're looking at another large scale financial crash? Are we all going to be migrating to Bulgaria?
Old 26-01-2014, 05:13 PM   #49
monklink

Question criminal suppression of massive health risks?

What do people make of this? Sensationalist perhaps? Highly critical of Gov, so I wouldn't be surprised if it gets taken down. My understanding is that a well casing "failure" could mean lots of things that might not necessarily result in leaks to the atmosphere.
Quote:
In fact, systematic and massive water, land and air contamination by Fracking is admitted even in the industry's own documents. In a potentially criminal suppression of massive health risks to the public, leaked report by the world's biggest Frack firm admits half the cases on Frack wells fail, sending chemicals straight into the atmosphere. In fact there are thousands and thousands of documented cases of Fracking turning drinking water black, families with sudden symptoms of exposure to industrial chemicals...

...pursuing policies to squeeze every last drop of fossil fuel, including Tar Sands, Coal and Mountain Top Removal by "Whatever means necessary" and regardless of environmental damage. Huge tax breaks he gave Fracking companies are a key reason the highly complicated procedure is viable. Green initiatives, touted by government, that make us feel good about ourselves, but are either useless or even more catastrophic than what they replace. While Fracking giants assure us Natural Gas is a clean safe alternative energy, numerous studies by Nasa and Stamford University found vast methane emissions from wells make Fracking "the worst possible fuel for global warming and even worse than coal".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0fvOxXBDpk
Quote:
The hypothesis here is that Shale Gas is better for Global Warming than other fossil fuels and that it's a good Transitional Fuel. So we tested that and the answer is no it's not! Somewhere between 3.6 and 7.9% of the total amount of gas produced over the lifetime of a well is emitted to the atmosphere as methane. There's continuous leakage at the well head, there's leakage from the storage and processing facilities, purposeful venting also accidental leaks, joins in the pipeline system. If you believe we might be approaching a Tipping Point in the next couple of decades, then you need to be really careful about pumping methane, such a potent Greenhouse Gas in a short time frame, into the atmosphere.
Bob Howarth, Professor of Ecology, Cornell University (Gasland 2)

Last edited by monklink; 26-01-2014 at 05:18 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-02-2014, 04:46 PM   #50
monklink

Default Cuadrilla's investment collapsing?

This may be more evidence that unconventional fuels are nothing but an investment scam. AJ Lucas are one of Cuadrilla's major investors.
Quote:
THE long-serving chief executive of mining contractor AJ Lucas has stepped down four months after the company reported a record $126.9 million loss and a collapse in revenue.

Allan Campbell, who had been chief executive since 1995, will be replaced by AJ Lucas chairman Phil Arnall until a permanent appointment is made.

"Mr Arnall is an experienced business executive with a distinguished career and track record in the mining and industrial sectors in both executive and board capacities," the AJ Lucas group said.

AJ Lucas chief operating officer Brett Tredinnick will continue to run the company's Australian operations. The Sydney-based company said in a statement that Mr Campbell had been instrumental in directing the growth of AJ Lucas since it listed in 1999.

The company said Mr Campbell had moved the firm into its unconventional oil and gas investments, including a 45 per cent stake in Cuadrilla Resources and direct interests in the Bowland and Bolney prospects.

Mr Campbell was also responsible for several key acquisitions between 2006 and 2008 that resulted in AJ Lucas becoming the biggest provider of drilling services to the Australian coal industry.

Mr Campbell said: "I have really enjoyed the people at AJ Lucas but after 19 years of sustained pressure -- and now the company has a significantly strengthened balance sheet -- it is time for me to move on to the next chapter of my life."

AJ Lucas averted potential disaster last year after completing a recapitalisation that included raising $200.8m. Revenue fell 41.5 per cent, from $504.1m to $294.3m. AJ Lucas attributed the decline to "a reluctance to award work to the company while its balance sheet remained under strain".

AJ Lucas was one of several mining industry contractors to be forced into heavy cost cuts, job losses and debt repayments because of heavy cuts to exploration and development budgets at Australian resource companies.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/busi...1226812439888#
Old 03-02-2014, 05:35 PM   #51
motleyhoo

Some more hype to watch out for. Here in the US we have a lot of hype promoting natural gas as being our way to energy independence. We have all the voters supporting their GOP candidates in this like brainwashed zombies who have no idea that most of the gas is being liquified and shipped to China. Same thing will happen in GB. Once they get the gas out of the ground it won't be for your use, it will go to the highest bidder on the global market.

"Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it ... It is not a field of a few acres of ground, but a cause, that we are defending, and whether we defeat the enemy in one battle, or by degrees, the consequences will be the same." -- Thomas Paine
motleyhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:06 AM   #52
monklink

Thanks Motley, yes independence is the last thing they want. Personally I think they are trying to tie us in to high-tech solutions so there is a continuing role for government monitoring agencies. They love to play the old "It's for your safety" card. Anyway, looks like India and Asia are the emerging markets...
Quote:
NEW DELHI: Global energy giant BP, which has already invested over $8 billion in India, is preparing to storm the Indian fuel retailing market, starting with jet fuel that is already sold at market prices and eventually setting up petrol pumps when state controls are gradually withdrawn.

Government officials and industry executives said that Shell, which already has some petrol pumps in India, is also keenly watching the market as petrol prices have been decontrolled and diesel rates are being increased gradually to international levels after which it would be sold at market rates. The retail market is expected to rev up after many years.
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/29837727.cms
Old 04-02-2014, 09:16 AM   #53
monklink

Default govt infiltration

Since its high profile disasters in the States, BP have been madly selling off assets to try and make the company look like a viable investment. They were expected to release poor 4th quarter results. However, it seems they are being kept afloat by a Russian state-owned giant.
Quote:
"Russia seems to have been the save for BP today," said Jason Kenney, an analyst at Banco Santander. He said the company did modestly better than most analysts predicted for the quarter, but that was largely because of Rosneft's contribution, rather than BP's underlying performance.

BP became a major shareholder in Rosneft last year when it sold its 50% stake in TNK-BP to the Russia company in a cash and shares deal.

Since the 2010 Deepwater Horizon explosion and spill in the Gulf of Mexico, BP has sold close to $40 billion in assets and taken more than $42 billion in write-downs related to legal settlements and cleanup costs. It also pleaded guilty to 11 criminal counts in the U.S. Now, the company says it is planning new growth, investing money in oil and gas projects in Europe and Africa, among other regions.
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...191033608.html

Meanwhile those exposed by US safety reviews continue to be appointed to the UK government by unelected officials.
Quote:
A former oil executive criticised for his role in the BP refinery explosion, and whose last company was fined over 50 health and safety violations connected with fracking, has been appointed to lead the government's Major Projects Authority.

John Manzoni, who has worked in the oil industry for 30 years, will be responsible for overseeing big-budget projects including the HS2 high-speed rail line and the new nuclear programme.

His new role will come under the remit of the Cabinet Office, where his ex-boss Lord Browne, a former chief executive of BP, is the lead nonexecutive director. Browne wrote a report last year on government execution and control of major projects.

While at BP, Manzoni was second-in-command to Lord Browne at the time of the Texas City refinery accident, one of the worst industrial accidents in US history.
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...2-john-manzoni
Old 25-02-2014, 10:22 AM   #54
monklink

Default pizza voucher for explosion inconvenience

http://thetimes-tribune.com/opinion/...izza-1.1639055
Quote:
A massive explosion at a Chevron natural gas fracking well in nearby Dunkard Twp. hurt one worker and reduced another to ash. His name was Ian McKee. He was 27 and engaged with a baby on the way.

The fire raged for five days. The well continues to leak toxic gas into the atmosphere. Shaken residents sought reassurance that Chevron was doing everything in its global power to resolve the situation.

Fate has not been kind to neighbors of Chevron operations lately. Google "Chevron explosion" or "Chevron fire," and it's immediately clear its corporate PR team has plenty of recent practice at damage control:
  • In March 2011, an explosion at a Chevron chemical plant in Port Arthur, Texas, killed one and injured three.
  • In July 2011, a Chevron refinery in Richmond, Calif., caught fire. No injuries were reported.
  • In November 2013, a Chevron pipeline exploded in Milford, Texas. The town, including its schools, was evacuated. No injuries were reported.
  • Two days after the Milford blast, a fire at a Chevron refinery in Pascagoula, Miss., left one worker dead and another injured.
Keen to demonstrate deep belief in corporate responsibility, Chevron delivered. The company -which reported $21.4 billion in earnings in 2013 - marshaled its virtually limitless resources and bought 100 coupons for one free large pizza and a two-liter bottle of soda from a local joint called Bobtown Pizza.

I am not making this up.
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/a...ing-pizza.html
Quote:
Impacted residents, concerned citizens and grassroots organizations delivered petition signatures to Chevron’s Smithfield, PA office in a pizza box with a two-liter coke. Hundreds of others called, and emailed Chevron’s CEO James Watson to place pizza orders. Many pizza orders were posted to Chevron’s social media pages.
Old 25-02-2014, 02:26 PM   #55
monklink

Default groundwater trading

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEnY_VOnsoA @ 54:37
Quote:
Now this quote is not from any form of Corporate Document, this is actually from (what I mentioned before) "Underground, Under Threat" the Environment Agency report on groundwater. Now to what you just said this fits in perfectly - I found this quote very disturbing - with regards to the groundwater situation in the UK.

"We are carrying out research to try to place an economic value on groundwater." Now this I see it as in no way an economic resource, this is a Human Right an inalienable right - access to fresh water. Now "As water resources becomes scarcer, either from Climate Change or increased use by society, then the value of groundwater could and probably will increase. This could encourage trading in groundwater and people could manage groundwater better knowing that the costs involved to save water or improve quality could be offset by selling it at a higher price. Groundwater will become another asset to be traded bringing a greater awareness of its value." and I stress this is from our own Environment Agency. Supposedly and independent non-corporate agency, a public body there for the public benefit that to me is sounding very much like a corporate body.
Old 27-02-2014, 09:21 AM   #56
monklink

Default ukraine

Old 27-02-2014, 11:18 AM   #57
monklink

Thumbs up net loser boondoggle

Quite a lot about Fracking in latest Keiser Report 568.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9qhSml4io4
Quote:
The economics of Fracking are horrible because the cost far exceeds the benefit to GDP from burning the gas that you have Fracked. So your debt in the UK will go up as a result of all this Fracking - that's just on the economic side. Plus it takes more energy to Frack than you get out to burn, so strictly on a British Thermal Unit, the BTU equation it's negative. It's like Ethanol in the United States is a net negative. You don't hear much about Ethanol anymore because it came and went in a flash, 'cos it was a joke, it was just a way to churn a bunch of derivatives and Energy Future contracts to make a few people rich on commission. Similar with Fracking, you've got the Big Six cartel here in the UK, they'll make a quick payday. They'll leave the mess for the Government to pay, the citizens will have to have their taxes raised, they'll end up with a lot more debt and they won't be any warmer and the price of energy will go higher. It's a Net Loser - that's just on the economic side...

Britain took on the "Help to Buy" scheme for real estate, which is a copycat of the Fannie May and Freddie Mac debacle which caused the Subprime Crisis 2007. The British energy corporations are going to take Fracking on, even though in America its been proven to be completely uneconomical, an environmental disaster, but they're gonna do it here anyway! Because why? Nobody in the media, here, except maybe George Monbiot over there at the Guardian, will say anything about the fact that this is an ecological disaster, but more importantly an economic boondoggle that will increase Britain's debt to even higher than it is now - the highest its been in decades.
According to Wikipedia a Boondoggle is a project that is considered a useless waste of both time and money, yet is often continued due to extraneous policy motivations.
Quote:
Right, we've got a triangle of fraud here because the Government is gonna underwright Frackers coming to the United Kingdom by issuing a lot of Government Debt, that is to say, increase the debt. Its gonna cost wave after wave after wave of health related issues at the same time that they're privatizing the National Health Service (or the NHS). So the Government is effectively taking money out of the NHS and giving it to Frackers. An' when it causes the health issues and the people who are complications of Asthma and Cancer that are related to Fracking (irrefutable proof) they won't have an NHS to go to, but I suspect that the Government, under Cameron or whoever is the next leader, will give them a Bond, a "Fracking Bond" that's good for Natural Gas under certain circumstances - that don't apply to you in this lifetime - and that will be their recompense for having allowed this to happen.
Old 05-03-2014, 03:42 PM   #58
monklink

Default BP separating onshore business

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/5335cf30-a...#axzz2v6f07y3p
Quote:
BP is creating a new business to manage its US onshore oil and gas assets, in an effort to compete more effectively with the smaller independent companies that dominate America’s shale industry.

Analysts said BP could ultimately sell the new unit if its performance did not improve. Last year, the oil group said it planned to divest $10bn of assets by the end of next year – on top of the $38bn disposal programme implemented in the wake of the 2010 Deepwater Horizon disaster.

Bob Dudley, BP’s chief executive, played down the possibility of a sale, saying that the new US business “will remain a critical part of BP’s portfolio over the long-term”. However, he added that the move “creates optionality for us”.

BP will own the US unit, but it will operate separately from the rest of the company, be led by a separate management team and publish separate financials from 2015.

Fadel Gheit, an oil analyst at Oppenheimer & Co, said the decision was a warning to the US business about its future performance. “BP has made it clear it will put any asset that’s not performing up for sale,” he said – pointing out that doing so would improve average returns across the company’s portfolio. Selling its US shale assets would fit into BP’s “value over volume” strategy, he said.

BP’s plan reflects the difficulties that oil majors including ExxonMobil and Royal Dutch Shell have had in trying to make money from US shale gas. All have been hit by the driving down of US natural gas prices caused by the shale boom. Shell took a $2.1bn writedown on its US assets last year, and its upstream Americas business made a loss. It has also put some of its North American shale holdings up for sale. “Shell has failed miserably in generating any returns from US shale, and BP does not want to make the same mistake,” argued Mr Gheit.
Culpability Firewall?
Old 06-03-2014, 03:52 PM   #59
motleyhoo

Look at those pipelines. They don't build those so you can get the oil or gas. They build them so they can more easily get the oil and gas loaded onto tankers and shipped out. Here in the US we have this big controversy going on about the Keystone pipeline that will pump oil from the northern oil sands to the south coast. They say this will create jobs and energy independence. What it is really for is so they can pump that oil across the country and directly onto tankers. Once again the people are being cheated and lied to.

"Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it ... It is not a field of a few acres of ground, but a cause, that we are defending, and whether we defeat the enemy in one battle, or by degrees, the consequences will be the same." -- Thomas Paine
motleyhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 05:09 PM   #60
monklink

Default energy security?

Just like in the UK, it seems the Ukraine government had been duped by talk of big investment and Energy Security...

http://www.tol.org/client/article/23...shale-gas.html
Quote:
In its March report on Ukraine’s macroeconomic situation, the Bleyzer Foundation, an offshoot of Texas-based private equity investor SigmaBleyzer, noted, “Economic weakness continued to take a toll on state budget revenues, while expenditures continued to grow at a fast pace.”

Those findings were echoed by the World Bank in its latest global economy report, issued in June, which forecasts continued weak economic growth this year of 1 percent, up from 0.2 percent in 2012.

But instead of tackling corruption, simplifying regulations, and taming bureaucracy, the government launched a show-and-tell expedition to try and sell the idea that Ukraine is a good place to invest in, led by a new Agency for Investment and National Projects, which has been pitching the country to potential investors in the United States, Europe, and Asia. In November, however, the road show crashed spectacularly when it turned out that the representative of a Spanish gas company who signed a $1 billion deal to build a liquefied natural gas terminal, in the presence of Prime Minister Mykola Azarov, was an impostor and merely a former ski instructor.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21191164
Quote:
Ukraine has signed a major shale gas deal with Royal Dutch Shell - a move seen as an attempt by Kiev to reduce its dependency on Russian gas imports.

The contract - reportedly worth $10bn (£6bn) - was agreed on the sidelines of the World Economic Forum in the Swiss ski resort of Davos.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/06/bu...-gas.html?_r=0
Quote:
Western oil companies trying to find shale gas in Europe are discovering that Ukraine, eager to reduce its dependence on Russian energy imports, is one of their most willing partners.

On Tuesday, Chevron signed a 50-year agreement with the Ukrainian government to develop oil and gas in western Ukraine. The government said that Chevron would spend $350 million on the exploratory phase of the project and that the total investment could reach $10 billion.

A Chevron spokesman, Cameron van Ast, declined to comment on investment figures.

The deal with Chevron and one that Ukraine signed this year with Royal Dutch Shell “will let Ukraine satisfy its gas needs completely and, under the optimistic scenario, export energy resources by 2020,” President Viktor F. Yanukovich said on his website Tuesday.
http://www.nofrackingway.us/2014/03/...nes-shale-war/
Quote:
Putin’s intervention is not about protecting “ethnic Russians.” Putin doesn’t give a damn about protecting ethnic Russians in Russia. Much less what happens to Ukrainians. This is all about shale gas, drilling rights in the Black Sea gas pipelines. Not unlike what’s going on in Syria. Or, for that matter, Canadian Tar Balls going down the Keystone XL pipeline through the US. And, in turn, is being used by LNG proponents as an excuse for shipping fracked American gas to Europe. Where fracking is not allowed.