Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Recommended Reading, Viewing and Audio

Old 10-03-2008, 08:59 AM   #21
armoured_amazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by farros View Post
exactly.

you wont get that problem with google video.
Yes but what if they're not on google video?
armoured_amazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 09:06 AM   #22
strider
Inactive

Even easier..

Download youplay for firefox. You can grab vids from YouTube, Google Video, Metacafe or MySpace.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...layer&status=4

All you do is drag the link into the playlist on the side.. Then in the playlist right click and download. Simple.

Then you can play them with VLC player

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 04:04 PM   #23
iitokio

Your setting did not seem to work for me. The files only lasted for 29 seconds, and only had audio.
Some help please
iitokio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 08:40 AM   #24
them

Hello!

Why don't you just download Realplayer? It does the whole youtube download thing for you, it's piss easy. Can anybody hear me?
Old 12-03-2008, 09:35 AM   #25
limelady
Inactive

Thumbs up Great thread

This is a very good thread and we shouldn't let this one slide into obscurity, so I'm going to sticky it in Recommended Reading and Viewing so we can direct people to it as a tutorial reference for downloading videos.
limelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:29 AM   #26
citroen999

hi

thanks limelady and others for the support but forum member them may have got an easier way to do it. I'm a bit of web head so doing it my way is easy for me but maybe not for others.

I will use forum member Them's method and post the screen shots, the easier for members the better

thanks again

There are 2 sides to every story and then there's the truth!!

If i left you alone in the woods with only a hatchet how long before you could send me an email?
citroen999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:20 PM   #27
citroen999

ok, here goes...

real player 11 is quite easy to d/l movies..

simply install the player, visit youtube and play a movie, then right click and select download movie. The movie will then download to your real player library.

But one problem, you will still need a convertor/ encoder to convert to mpg. But real player 11 has an option to burn straight to disc but you can only burn a vcd unless you upgrade which costs money.

If you try and burn a vcd it encodes the files before burning and takes around 30 mins

let me have a play around with it and see if i can suss a quick process

If i left you alone in the woods with only a hatchet how long before you could send me an email?
Old 12-03-2008, 02:21 PM   #28
freeworld
Inactive

Exclamation

I could do with some help, whenever i download any youtube videos it automatically saves it to real player! I can not import any of my videos into my movie maker cos it is real player I am after editing videos and adding stuff to them but i am stuck, can anyone help with any advice please
freeworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:21 PM   #29
citroen999

hi

tell me what you are doing and what programs you are using and what end result you want

Old 12-03-2008, 05:11 PM   #30
mr_self_destruct
Inactive

Only last week I was wondering how to d/l from Youtube, and I already use Firefox...so great post, cheers!
mr_self_destruct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 05:43 PM   #31
citroen999

right then...

update on downloading and encoding./conversion

realplayer is fine for downloading but does not convert to mpeg unless you buy the upgrade which is £19.99... probably money worth spending if you are struggling to do the converting etc.

The goodthing is its an all in program download, conversion and burn either vcd which are burned to a 80 mins 700mb standard disc or dvd.

There is a 14 day trial so try it and see if its worth it.

Badpoints, burning takes ages upto an hour as it converts as it burns and once burned it may or may not work on most dvd players.

The method i posted takes a bit more effort but its free and definitely works on bcd, svcd or dvd.

One hiccup with either method is that you will find is that when you convert from .flv to .avi or .mpeg the files increase in size so you may not fit a 8 part movie on 1 disc. You will probably have to burn to 2 discs just like in the old days when you had pirate copies of films on 2 discs.

But overall both should work fine..

if any one has an easier method then shout up

if you want me to post screen shots of the realplayer method then let me know

Old 12-03-2008, 11:54 PM   #32
them

Quote:
Originally Posted by citroen999 View Post
right then...
That's a very good good review, citroen999

This picture is one I took for you whilst I was looking for fossils after the storm.

Quote:
One hiccup with either method is that you will find is that when you convert from .flv to .avi or .mpeg the files increase in size so you may not fit a 8 part movie on 1 disc. You will probably have to burn to 2 discs just like in the old days when you had pirate copies of films on 2 discs.
I'm not sure about this method, but couldn't an avi or mpeg be washed through WMM by clicking ctrl+p to reduce the size?

It was remiss of me not to mention the fee
Old 12-03-2008, 11:57 PM   #33
armoured_amazon

I would like to know why my video downloads pixelated, please. Is that because they were compressed for youtube and mpeg-ing them has stretched them out again?
Old 13-03-2008, 08:21 AM   #34
freeworld
Inactive

Quote:
hi

tell me what you are doing and what programs you are using and what end result you want
I just want to be able to edit videos in movie maker so i can comprise one myself
freeworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2008, 08:50 AM   #35
citroen999

Quote:
I just want to be able to edit videos in movie maker so i can comprise one myself
so am i right in saying that you want to d/l videos fro youtube and put them into windows movie player?

First problem is windows movie maker wont play movies with a .flv extension, ideally they need to be .avi or .mpeg. So you need to use the encoder/ convertor to change them from .flv to .avi etc. Then you will be able to edit, cut etc each file in move maker..

Old 13-03-2008, 01:53 PM   #36
armoured_amazon

Quote:
you need to use the encoder/ convertor to change them from .flv to .avi etc. Then you will be able to edit, cut etc each file in move maker..
Nuh-uh. Doesn't work.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:04 PM   #37
iitokio

Can someone tell me exactly what the reccommended settings are as the screenshot has then on a dropdown menu and not actually selected. tried the setting in the screenshot but windows media player only played audio and i could not see the video. The error was "unable to download codec"

Nevermind, i just realised that my windows media player did not have the correct plug-in for MPEG-2. im sorted

Last edited by iitokio; 03-04-2008 at 08:13 PM.
iitokio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:26 PM   #38
galactic_stargazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iitokio View Post
Can someone tell me exactly what the reccommended settings are as the screenshot has then on a dropdown menu and not actually selected. tried the setting in the screenshot but windows media player only played audio and i could not see the video. The error was "unable to download codec"

Nevermind, i just realised that my windows media player did not have the correct plug-in for MPEG-2. im sorted
I went through this crap yesterday, lol,

I eventually ended up doing what Strider (on the third page) said to do and that was to add on 'YouPlayer' at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...layer&status=4

Then, if you want to watch off line, download a FLV Player.
galactic_stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2008, 10:21 PM   #39
dangermouse

or u could get the new real player
Old 06-06-2008, 04:59 AM   #40
scott_1975

Default http://keepvid.com/

Hi,

For some time I have been using keepvid.com to save youtube or any online video clip in to mp4 format.

Regards,

Scott.
Neo: "There is no spoon?"
Boy: "Then you'll see that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself."
scott_1975 is offline   Reply With Quote